Serious Sam thread

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/serious-sam-vr-the-last-hope-easter-egg-may-have-revealed-the-release-date-for-serious-sam-4/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But at least we're getting a vr game nobody asked for.

Forgot the link
dsogaming.com/news/serious-sam-vr-the-last-hope-easter-egg-may-have-revealed-the-release-date-for-serious-sam-4/

I actually like what they're doing with Fusion.
And both the campaigns can be played with VR with actual walking/running instead of that garbage tech demo

they're probably going to release it with like a week's notice.

we did just get "Fusion" which is all the good Sam games rolled into one .exe, and cross-platform.

NEVER EVER

It doesn't do that.

The Talos Principle counts as SS4 news, I'd have though, since I believe it uses the new engine.

Eat shit heretic

every game's first level has

Exactly, game rewards you with shit to shoot.

Laugh at this retard

If you're a pussy.

Fair enough

Found the low T wimp.

lel

pone

Nobody cares about your channel.

Stop pretending

git gud

The fuck are you talking about?

Roland get out

Soulsfags pls go
Your games aren't even hard

:^)

yea let's hear about why you aren't good at Sam

Alright, I giggled.

Not only a pussy but a shitter too.

looks like a dyke.

Hes right though
I still think Half Life 2 is a pretty good game, but its a shitty sequel to the first.

The only shitter here is you

Too autistic for that

The only place I can remember the situation you describe happening has the Biomechs on a ledge get right under it and it can't shoot you, there took advantage of the terrain.
Now you can go back to being a pussy shitter.

Entrace to the Nile section you nigger, right after you get the Grenade Launcher

WHO GIVES A FUCCC

You're not locked in the room and you have just enough time to fuck off to the sidepaths.

Is this a guy? It's looks like a stereotypical bulldyke use to before new wave progressivism hit kids.

one more thing: If you play anything lower than Serious difficulty, I don't know how you can even look yourself in the mirror. I can forgive fags who quicksave before every encounter, but the game is a snoozefest below Serious.

He's a lolberg in his mid 20s who never hit puberty, listen to his voice.

Take it to >>>/cow/ or at the veru least have the common decency to sage ypu niggers.

You think he's taking estrogen to keep him from hitting puberty and looking like a grown man? Fucker looks like a natural female trying to look like a dude.

Dude, there's a Serious Sam game coming.
despite being a spinoff, it reminds me of alien swarm a lot

Hello pegasus/babzeeb/jet/Gary/randomanon

Thank God you're just shitposting, I can't imagine anybody taking a fag like this seriously.

Ho-lee-shit, what a bitch

He spends the first 2 minutes of the video just setting up what he's talking about in the video

and then spends the rest of it talking about other games like Doom 3 for some reason.

Does this guy REALLY like the sound of his voice to the point where he thinks it's funny to waste the viewer's time? He could summarize "the game is boring and uninspired" in a 1 minute video rather than waste 10 talking about virtually nothing at all.

That's not even mentioning he misses the point that the monster closet design of the game encourages pattern seeking. Such as how different enemies are better taken out using different weapons. If you watch someone who's really good at Serious Sam regardless of what enemy type spawns they take them out the same way. It's something that sets amateur players and people who play the game on Mental difficulty apart.

People shit on SS2, and while it may be lacking in the OST department it had better level design.

you kidding?

I don't think SS4 will have diarrhea mazes because they said they are bringing back the color palette unlike in SS3 where it was like that because of the armymen shooter they were first developing.

Is SS4 the equivalent of Croteam's HL3 where they deliberately do everything possible to avoid working on it?

i think the devs are aware of SS3's shortcomings

no.

Sledgehammer was great though
Executions were retarded and while the Ancient weapon was a nice idea it was poorly executed.

I just hope they don't being those fucking monkeys or the OctopusHeli back, that shit was fucking garbage

I picked those just for shits and giggles.
What else am i gonna do, NOT play the game?

SS2 was most fun in coop, it felt as if it was designed with that in mind more than single player.

Serious Sam 2 felt more like it was designed for 12 year olds grabbing HUEG controllers.

Those SS3 shortcomings are actually some of the most ingenious pieces of modern game satire created.

The VR versions look pretty fun but appear to completely break the balance of the game. Because you can dual wield any weapons and there's no reload animation in the coach gun it essentially increases your rate of fire by 2X-4X and eliminates the weapon switch delay, making the game considerably easier.

The reloading, iron sights, sprinting and melee kills weren't what made the game sub par. It was the poor level design and atrocious bossfights that killed it for me.

and bad enemy design (those wall leapers and hitscan enemies)

only the final level was enjoyable, and it is so god damn enjoyable

Even though it was the only part of the game with enough enemies I still hated it because you had camp around those replinishing ammo crates and mainly use rockets/C4 to conserve ammo.

Only the final level felt like a serious same game.

just replay any of the other 6 games they're all the same fucking shit anyway you faggot

Maybe if you're 12

meh

Whats your favorite stage and stage music?

Croteam better not be wasting their time making another one of these braindead games

Heres your reply

That or embed. It really felt like they loved this game when I heard this song

this is not acceptable

Why is serious sam so serious?

Because that's his name.

That's not true, watch this interview. They said that SS4 will again claim a tittle of a FPS game with biggest maps and most enemies at the same time. Bright anf colorful, it will be easy on the eyes.

This meme again…when are porch monkeys like you gonna do some actual research about the development history of this game instead of just mindlessly sprouting off "Muh satire!" over and over again?

Tbh I'd more appreciate Talos Principle 2, loved the game.

Backstory reason is that he blames himself for Mental's attack on humanity, as he was the admiral that ordered a team to check out the rocks surrounding planet Sirius, which were actually a secret alarm system Mental had set up in case the Sirians had been up to something before he killed them all.

1/10
Try again

Wasn't he the guy who went to space to find the rocks in the first place?
Its also incredible how the game did the whole Galaxy Genocide cliche first and better than Biocuck.

He led the fleet, yes. It was an entire expedition, since they finally found the home planet of the aliens that left all that advance tech on Earth and Mars. Said rocks weren't mentioned anywhere in any Sirian texts they found, so Sam was left with the choice of either turning back and making the whole trip for nothing, or sending someone to investigate.

And fuck you, Talos Principle is a good game.

I'm not saying that it wasn't
Rather have Serious Sam 4 and then a sequel to it.
But Serious Sam 4 first

oh for a second there I thought you weren't an idiot, then you had to say that

>>>/reddit/
>>>/somethingawful/
>>>/cuckchan/

This. I honestly felt like a little bitch if I didn't pick it up.

Made me giggle

I assume the video is shit but hl² is a bad sequel and a bad FPS all around if not a bad game.

And the moment vidya journalism ceased to exist.

It's also when FPS ceased to be about fighting to became about story and pretty roller-coaster.

And the reason why there will never be an Hl3.

Stoo replying to yourself

Bump

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING

the first call of duty predates hl2 and does the roller coaster shit a lot more

Probably visited Rio de Janeiro right before making the game.

how about you kill yourself instead of researching the development of fucking serious sam

If they bring anything from 3 into 4 then its gotta be the dropships. Nothing is more serious than a thing that spawns more things.

Truly Sam is part of the EDF
But yeah, as long as its/they're killable in every encounter instead of a fucking boss fight only.

So far the game has been fun, but the game rarely throws much variety at me. Mostly it's been an area full of one type of enemy, or multiple types in separate waves. The game does have a lot of cool enemies like the headless monsters, or the harpies. Is second encounter better or worse?

So what that's the end? Sam gets abducted by aliens, and makes a collect call to the bad guy?

Classic or HD? They have their differences.

Probably better depending on your tolerance for strangely out of place platforming sections.

Where is the fucking sequel?
I don't want another shitty prequel. Let me take on Mental, retards. I've been waiting since I was 8 fucking years old.
I am fucking 24 now. Where's the Mental, Croteam? Where IS he?

probably after the Serious Sam 2 HD where they retcon the lol so fahny and random plot

So at least another ten years. Fuck.

Classic.

Strangely out of place is nice. Although that seems to miss the whole point of the game.

How much did they retcon. Goro's brother is still a thing right?

Second Encounter does give you a bit of variety in terms of GUNS and SETPIECES.
You get a sniper rifle that is useful and a flamethrower that's pretty banging, but that's pretty much it, play SS2 if you like the gimmicks in TSE

Both the platforming bits and the random spike traps are much more out-of-place in coop but it does lead to some laughs the first time you do it. Second Encounter also said 'we can go bigger' and has some crazy-huge arenas, the one with the central pyramid and two side pyramids in particular stands out (you'll recognise it when you see it). As a whole the setting change was welcome too.

I actually wish they'd keep the smokescreen of the headless kamikazes in SS4. Apparently lot of people hated it but I liked the challenge it added.

Who are these plebs?

hey, we don't sound like that when we play tibia

Its usually more low pitched than that.

He responded an insult with an insult, what's wrong with that?
You fucking twat.

I've only ever played this with my best friend, never single player.
We play with infinite ammo and infinite respawns.

unlimited lives coop is really the best way to experience Sam for the first time, no shame in that. Love playing with ~4 people and just barreling through the game non-stop.

Limited lives coop is brutal when you haven't learned how to gracefully dodge 100 enemies yet.

Does second encounter mix up the enemy variety? Because TFE mostly had waves made up of the same enemies.

in my opinion its worse because the serious mode is nothing but a 50% health padder for all enemy types with minimal additional spawns instead of the other way around like first encounter. It makes things a slog and certain rooms like the bouncy gravity room frustrating. On the other hand the powerups make it feel more videogamey and is by far my favorite addition but the game doesnt really throw enough additional enemies at you to compensate for the added power (especially serious damage)

yes it adds plenty of enemies but no dramatic changes. you'll still be killing kleers and kamikazes and bulls and the rest

16 player infinite life and ammo is just so much fun

yeah but after that first time you better switch to coin op and stop being such a pussy

I disagree with pretty much everything he says but the video's still quite good.