The Black Company

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Company_(novel)
So apparently IM Global is working on a TV series based on the books. Should I be worried? I want this to be good, but I have no idea what to expect. For those unaware, these are dark fantasy novels written by someone who actually served in the military and who strives for realism. It's written from the point of view of a member of a mercenary group serving the 'evil' side.

Anyone here familiar with the books? What are the chances this will turn out well?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewertzone.blogspot.nl/2017/12/new-black-company-novel-confirmed-for.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gotta ask what the point is, I can wake up in the morning, turn on the tv and get evil's perspective already

This.

Attached: c8797173a66f61daa754b3f622f9c66e22ebb151ae386fa6b7b67f9739d5566b.png (800x600, 181.24K)

No!

Attached: b624b2f4722c2d14396978849abe64d1e4949ba98936dc01e043b5e295bff86f.png (472x470, 303.79K)

Water Sleeps is where it lost me.

first three books were pretty good (although I cringe every time at the villain named The Dominator). after that it takes a nosedive.

the Malazan series is similar but way better tbh

Yeah, the series is supposed to follow the first three books. Well, actually, the first four. There's a new Book of the North coming out this year, apparently.

Very problematic. Time to cast Will Smith as Croaker.

One Eye is supposed to be black.

why would you? the series goes to shit after book 3 anyway.

One Eye was a shit character.

racist.

Anyone who cheats at cards is shit.

i don't remember it well, but wasn't the original black company composed by cannibal niggers?

wut? how does that work? the original books of the north told a complete story and then the books of the south continue from there

Name one wizard who was not a shithead.

More or less. That was centuries ago though.

thewertzone.blogspot.nl/2017/12/new-black-company-novel-confirmed-for.html
Port of Shadows will become the new book 2 of the series.

so it was a real black company!

I see. not really sure if that's a good idea, as prequels and "interquels" often just add new info that doesn't really fit the old info and there's not that much tension since you know what has to happen later

Attached: The_Lady_(The_Black_Company)_[1].jpg (2575x3438, 516.45K)

not even sequels fit with the previous books…

Oh joy!

this is kino

I wish the Black Company was about a roving band of cannibal niggers set in Sweden, where they fight the all female Swedish army and then rape and eat the "soldiers", and not necessarily in that order.

We have ourselves award material here.

the main problem with this series is that the characters are not memorable at all. it's been only about two years since I read the first five books, but the only characters I remember are Croaker, Lady and the mute girl. can't even remember her name.

Her name was Darling (the white rose).
And after the end of the third book it becomes really really aimless.

Attached: Cailey-Fleming-Memoir.jpg (970x545, 62.48K)

"The Black Company" will be composed of an entirely black cast working for the evil side composed of an entirely white cast.
It's the slavery all over again! Oy vey!

I can't wait to see how the portray him in the show.

The answer, as always, is "yes."

Who, as she enters the book, is being gang-raped by soldiers at age 7.

Howler always made me laugh, to be honest. He's literally their version of Leeroy Jenkins.

Attached: facepalmriddler.gif (150x220, 496.85K)