Christian Indie Set to Over-Perform at Box Office…

Christian Indie Set to Over-Perform at Box Office…

web.archive.org/web/20180317210056/http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/christian-movie-i-can-only-imagine-box-office-1202729341/

The nation’s moviegoers look to be turning out in bigger numbers for a Christian-themed independent film. Roadside Attractions-Lionsgate’s “I Can Only Imagine,” based on the story of the biggest-selling Christian song of all time, is looking at an estimated $15 million for the weekend from 1,629 locations, far outdoing earlier estimates of $2 million-$8 million. Budgeted at just $7 million, “I Can Only Imagine” tells the story behind the hit song of the same name and of Bart Millard, the leader of Christian rock group MercyMe. J. Michael Finley stars as Millard and Dennis Quaid plays his father in the film from directors Andrew Erwin and Jon Erwin, who helmed 2015’s “Woodlawn” and 2014 “Mom’s Night Out.”

“I Can Only Imagine” is benefiting from support from churches and groups as well as from from MercyMe, who have been helping promote the film on social media. Some moviegoers on social media were reporting sell-out crowds in their towns. The pre-Easter period typically sees the opening of several faith-based films: Next week is Sony’s “Paul, Apostle of Christ,” while threequel “God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness,” from Pureflix, will open on Easter weekend. The first two “God’s Not Dead” movies grossed a total $81.5 million.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/passion-of-the-christ-2-mel-gibson-jim-caviezel-jesus-resurrection-a8187051.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who?

Christkino confirmed

Attached: 1446177153138.jpg (650x1129, 449.41K)

Praise Be

Attached: 1443027427147 (1).png (500x500, 149.74K)

chriscucks will save the modern cinema

Americans don't appreciate biblicalkino, the foreign market does.

Attached: biblicalkino.png (759x382, 124.39K)

OY VEY

Attached: mercho11.png (530x611, 472.91K)

Holla Forums is a christian board

Attached: __kaname_buccaneer_macross_and_macross_delta_drawn_by_mita_chisato__c6ca05c609394472eb9ea83cd5c933c5.jpg (678x960, 65.07K)

Fedora - a type of hat
Do I win sempi?

m*rxists on suicide watch

I concur

Just wait until a Passion of the Christ 2 comes out. Shit is gonna sell 5 billion.

Anyone got a futa version of her?

All these shitty christian movies do well. There's a large demographic of people who just don't go to the theater because it's all pozzed crap until they hear about something like this and end up taking the whole family.

hopefully based Mel will get invovled

I can't actually wait, I really enjoyed the kino aspect of the Passion of the Christ while watching, even gave me some spiritual feels. However the amount of anal leakage from fedora fags, hollywood jews and the liberal media aftermath now that was just amazing. It was like Mel gave me two movies in two, the one in the cinema and the one in the real world. He's a prophet that Mel Gibson is, he's fully woke to the Jew menace.

So the theaters will be filled with people like this?

Attached: 05b3536682153ee7a925419e91a051b3935b0a7a7029469d69867ca3943cfbf7.jpg (387x766, 76.09K)

that's the kind of guy you would see outside the theater handing out church of satan invitations

Every movie where Good and Truth exist is Christian.

Fuck that movie.

Truly God is our savior, goy!

Yeah this was an example of kikes trying to capitalize on this market. The whole thing was just gross.

what?

Yeah, pretty much any film not pozzed by the kikes have Christian values.

That movie was about as biblical as Jason & The Argonauts.

this.

Attached: atheist rgervais 2011-07-25-ricky1.jpg (600x780, 158.48K)

Christcucks are the stupidest, most gullible consumers. No surprise 80* of them are currently in Africa and South America.

Christcucks do a better job of staying away from shitty corporate products than, say, bearded soy eaters who collect funco pops.

“The ‘Religious Right’ is merely the current incarnation of the on-going Middle American Revolution, a cultural and political movement that has underlain the political efforts of the American Right since the end of World War II. Despite what many right-wing sages would like to believe, that movement never had much to do with their perennial holy cow, the free market, but rather with the perception that the white middle class core of American society and culture was being evicted from its historic position of cultural and political dominance and was in fact in the process of becoming an exploited and oppressed proletariat. It was this perception, rudimentary as it was, that to a large extent underlay the political movements around Father Coughlin, Huey Long, and similar figures in the Depression and later around Sen. McCarthy, whose anti-communist radicalism is explicable only as a vehicle for Middle American resistance to and resentment of the ruling class that had by the 1950s displaced the traditional bourgeois elite of the nation.

“Since the end of World War II, the American Right as a mass political force in the United States has been driven by three successive causes. The first, anti-communism, carried not only McCarthy but also Dwight Eisenhower and Richard Nixon in the 1950s, though Eisenhower merely piggy-backed on the synthesis of anti-communism and Middle American class and ethnic consciousness that Nixon and McCarthy had so brilliantly forged. The second, opposition to the civil right revolution based mainly in the South and later in northern white working class suburbs, carried Barry Goldwater, George Wallace, and (again) Richard Nixon, though Mr. Goldwater never understood what he was leading and continues to this day to imagine that it was a movement for ‘individual freedom’ (a delusion that helped him lose the support of the northern working-class voters) rather than a social convulsion for the preservation of class, ethnic and cultural dominance.

“The third cause of the Right is now and has been what was called in the 1970s the ‘social issue’ and in the 90s the ‘culture war’, and, far more explicitly and effectively than the earlier anti-communism and bourgeois individualism exposed by the Right of the 50s and 60s, it focuses on resisting the erosion of traditional morality and the traditional middle class social and economic dominance the morality codified. ‘Cultural issues’ were indeed present in but remained largely tangential to the right-wing efforts of the earlier decades and emerged as prevalent concerns only in reaction to the cultural assaults of the 1960s and afterwards. The most obvious way to defend a moral code is through religion, and the most obvious people to defend it are religious leaders and their followers. Hence, religion emerged logically as the appropriate vehicle for the expression of Middle American moral, social, and cultural counter-revolution.

“What follows from this line of analysis of the religious Right as it exists today is that what ultimately drives its adherents is not religion in the ordinary sense. What drives them is the perception – accurate in my view – that the culture their religion reflects and defends is withering and their withering portends a disaster for themselves, their class, their country, and their civilization. Religion happens to be a convenient vehicle for their otherwise unarticulated and perfectly well-founded fears. But while it is a convenient vehicle and a more effective one than those that carried the Right in earlier days, it is not the most effective vehicle the Right could have.

“This is not to say that the religious Right is composed of hypocrites who use religion for political ends. With the possible exception of most of its more prominent leaders, it’s not. Most adherents of the religious Right are sincerely and seriously religious; but you can be sincerely and seriously religious without being political and without being political in the way the religious Right is. It’s not religion that drives the religious Right; it’s the legitimate frustrations of a social class that has been bludgeoned and betrayed by its established leaders for more than 50 years.

▪ Sam Francis, Shots Fired (Fitzgerald Griffin Foundation, 2006) extract from pages 102 to 105.

Attached: 1521313401806.gif (500x400, 998.84K)

Attached: de7070ad0b161fbfb75de038a7450091fdad594735d07d575abcdc029a3466b0.jpg (1280x720, 60.5K)

t. Chad Christian

Bottom right, don't give the Antifag attention guys.

Attached: Antifa Plan.jpg (1834x1366, 817.91K)

I'm a Fascist and I do bottom right because it's funny to make fun of retards.

Attached: 1461822000564.png (452x391, 121.97K)

And what would that be?

Attached: chad.png (996x700, 623.96K)

violence. the answer is always violence.

Retard. Violence won't get you anywhere until you have people in high positions to protect you.

wrong

What answer did the writer give?

Great argument. I've changed my mind and now I agree with you 100%.

fuck off weakling

So brave

wew

wew

Attached: wew.png (1004x584, 145.48K)

Attached: d467527f3d0f1314ea8def968faf4ce54a573ae2e19485f0dd1c3b53e4223a09.jpg (1280x720 97.76 KB, 44.11K)

Try me.

Anonymous 03/19/18 (Mon) 08:27:43 No.1218732

(You)

Attached: long_sword_is_looooooooooooong_by_chioky.jpg (1032x774, 165.15K)

How did you give me a you when that's not me?

All me tbqhwyf =^_^=

(You)
Have to yous fam.

Christcucks could never come close to my Nordic/Aryan intelligence.

Attached: me.jpg (510x512, 49.98K)

Stop doing this Sweetie.
;)

Attached: DW1OvwcVoAAkyZV.jpeg (640x640 92.28 KB, 59.14K)

Speaking of Christ-kino, isn't a sequel to Passion of the Christ being made?

This guy gets it, Transsexual neopagans unite!

Attached: DVYcTPzXUAQCF5Z.jpeg (675x1200, 128.12K)

Yes but in the meantime there will be a film about Paul.

Film released 23rd March 2018

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/passion-of-the-christ-2-mel-gibson-jim-caviezel-jesus-resurrection-a8187051.html

this. Sad how people can't differentiate between loose connection with the bible verses Biblical film

Trailer looks good

Attached: 2fbe3616e63326765d3112e9073c1ddb2782d1a30d.jpg (600x600, 95.38K)

why hello there Holla Forums user

Attached: 453978e082237462a9da820e6e29813e4a364400b95.jpg (960x1280, 106.01K)

this movie will trigger so many kikes and it will be great.

absolutely checked

I will see it seven times in the cinemas.

Why am I not surprised…

Please stop using this nigger meme.

t.ephraim Goyimstein