Star Wars: How George Lucas' Episode VII Outline Became The Last Jedi

SAY IT WITH ME

Holla Forums LITERALLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

George Lucas helped shape Star Wars: The Last Jedi because the film's plot was basically his story for Episode VII.

denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/270073/star-wars-how-george-lucas-episode-vii-outline-became-the-last-jedi

APOLOGIZE TO RIAN

Attached: 9d04dab56ab8971d5cbbbafcf0450f40.jpg (640x406, 19.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdist.com/george-lucas-directed-solo-star-wars-scene-ron-howard/
hooktube.com/watch?v=VcWCaU4DNiU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But Lucas' biggest contribution to The Last Jedi was the Luke/Rey story itself, which he'd originally planned for Episode VII, as confirmed by Lucasfilm Story Group member Pablo Hidalgo on Twitter (via Comicbook.com). The idea played out much like what we saw in Johnson's movie: Luke is down and out on a distant planet thirty years after the fall of the Empire. A new hope named Kira finds the old Jedi Master and they begin her training. We would have seen Luke struggling with his failure to stop the Jedi Killer (renamed "Kylo Ren") from destroying his Jedi Academy. (There's also a really intriguing concept mentioned in The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi that suggests that Luke would have been haunted by a Sith ghost during the movie.)

[Luke] always had this potential dark side within him, being that his father was Darth Vader," explained Lucasfilm executive creative director Doug Chiang of the character's arc in the early days of Episode VII. "So he is really struggling with that. He ended up secluding himself in this Jedi temple on a new planet, and he's just there meditating, reassessing his whole life. Gradually, over the arc of the movie, he rediscovers his vitality and comes back to himself."

Says a lot that they made this up after the movie came out rather than before.

I'm not opposed to any of those ideas in concept. The problem is I hate Rey, and this trilogy is tainted by lazy writing, like Snoke appearing from nowhere, and the Empire's rise back to power being handwaved.

What they did with Luke in TLJ was actually completely fine and the only people complaining about it were muh childhood hero nostalgiafags, its an easy way to spot the plebs when they push that criticism over far bigger issues, so its not surprising that good idea came from Lucas.

Huh

Is anyone actually buying this shitty damage control? They take Lucas through the mud to say how the new films are better, then have him watch them and give a seal of approval too. On top of that, they've conveniently brought this up after months of people calling them out for doing shit Lucas would never do. 3 solid months of damage control now, everything is totally fine at Lucasfilm and no internal feedback is so bad that they're obligated to defend TLJ instead of hyping up Solo to save the brand. No sir, no problem here.

Though I do think killing Luke was Excessive, just one movie after they killed Han, and just after Carrie Fisher died for real. They should have at least held out his death to Episode 9.

For ages I believed BTFO to be Bitched the Fuck Out.

Attached: 34e24e0bbe841438bf5fec252ea103db2ccc53d0f8b83ab72853154b80abc3bc.jpg (1228x1228, 215.23K)

lel

It's sort of like pottery, isn't it?

Yep, they are this desperate.

Everything Star Wars is based on something George Lucas wrote.

Attached: now see here you little shit.jpg (571x478, 54.92K)

Could you imagine if they tried to say the same shit for 7 after those months of "WE FINALLY GOT IT BACK FROM LUCAS" shilling?

I highly doubt it. Given how freaked out Mark Hamill was, and how eager everybody was to say Rian did the whole thing, I think it’s a fair bet his original script didn’t have Luke go missing, or get disillusioned, or have Snoke.

I'm pretty sure he wanted Luke's kids to be central characters.

Progressives have no shame, which is why they are switching over to this new meme.

And a twi’lek sith assasin named Darth Talon with massive jugs. It’s funny how quickly they turned on the “RIAN BROKE NEW GROUND” to “RIAN JUST DID WHAT LUCAS WANTED”

only reddit gives a shit what george lucas thinks.

the single best star wars incarnation had little to do with lucas at all

Attached: clonewarsmain.png (1273x702, 908.23K)

>>>Holla Forums

that means he walked in, took a five second glance at what they were working on, nodded and sipped his coffee and then left to write more terrible dialogue for revenge of the sith

Attached: kira.jpeg (800x1440, 779.32K)

They are very stupid ideas as realized in TLJ. A Luke going off for introspection against the dark side in one movie and having an arc of getting back to the light is very different than a broken down loser who gave up.

While old Luke would have made an appearance I doubt it was like Disney and Rian made it.

No, what i think is the problem with it, is Luke's sudden change and approach to the jedi or doing what's good for the sake of doing the right thing. Into Hobbit-tier jokes and pseudo-nihilism of nothing matters lol-meme.

Along with him trying to kill his own fucking nephew and student in his sleep.

Why didn't he want to be found, when he had made a fucking map for people if they wanted to find him?

Hey faggot, everything that matters is in the execution. It doesn't matter if some of the ideas came from George, you know George would have done it in a much better and classier way.

George wouldn't have made all the villians worthless pussies.

It doesn’t have to make sense, because a woman was an admiral and GRIMDARK BUT STUPID VILLAINS.

i fucking hate getting BTFO this hard

Attached: 52de6e497e9e5e880fc7c3bbc64a7fde2a955e995bd933f5fb7ad5ddb4db7475.png (600x624, 342.1K)

Star Wars is great fun for the whole family, and nothing more.
Star Wars is more than just a movie, it's a phenomenon that rocks the nation.
Star Wars is such deep lore that fans consider it a religion, disliking the Gerge Lucas childish reinterpretation of the prequels.
Star Wars expands to accomodate both the old fans who consider it a folk legend, and the young public who thinks it's cartoons.
Star Wars is loved for eing a children show with garish CGI and embarassing acting.
Star Wars is a feminist power fantasy that humiliates and destroys its old heroes, and viewership.

Attached: mutt.jpg (300x168, 9.5K)

MORE MORE MORE
AGAIN NOW
MAKE GOBLINS BUTTHURT NOW
AGAIN AGAIN

It would actually have made sense if the explanation were that Snoke was funneling the dark side into Luke, but no, the writers don't seem to have even gone through a second draft.

No Aayla no waayla

Attached: udon_entertainment roberto_camus 8f25ff40cc0d50407fb6a878eb0849d4.jpg (400x444 203.24 KB, 56.77K)

The execution was bad but it would have worked if they did it better.

They don't get the irony lel

Big?

Attached: mpv-shot0073.jpg (1920x1080, 269.75K)

PFFFFFFFFFFFT

Attached: mpv (20).jpg (1920x1080, 120.25K)

I'm personally banking on America falling so hard it serves as an example to the rest of the world of how not to be.

Attached: you can't learn hebrew.jpg (772x525, 185.38K)

You got a problem, animal man?
Can you ever understand straight english, or should I speak you in pidgin?

I want to know what happens when we hit
and below. Someone please?

What an absolutely pathetic attempt at deflection and damage control.
Just stop.

HAHAHAHAH BTFO

I read that Lucas was heavily involved in directing Solo.

Why would that happen when they hired Ron Howard to do the entire thing over

I heard that during the TPM filming Lucas raped Jewish babies before turning them into wallets and lampshades.

It truly is like poetry.

If Solo fails, it's GL's fault:
nerdist.com/george-lucas-directed-solo-star-wars-scene-ron-howard/

Big if true.

hooktube.com/watch?v=VcWCaU4DNiU

I understand the wallets, but why the lampshades? That's just weird.

It was a claim about the wife of a commandant of a concentration camp, that she made Jews into lampshades. She was tried for it by a US military court and the judge determined the story was total bullshti, despite numerous kikes coming forward to detail how they had been made into lampshades and similar shit.

Despite this, (((media))) ran with the accusations and soon the nazis were systematically turning Anne Frank and all her friends into lampshades.

maybe there are reasons why Lucas never made an Episode VII

That doesn't make me hate it any less George Lucas already ruined star wars with the prequels and then the disney fucks pissed on its grave.

t. rlmdrone

There doesn't seem to be any mention of alien titty milk, quips, hyperdrives, or destroying the fucking jedi because "lol we moral relativism now" in that description of Lucas' outline.

Attached: le friendly republican.jpg (374x767, 58.8K)

2D Clone Wars and ROTS were obviously made with each other in mind though.

Star wars isn't ki-

Attached: Domino Squad's Graduation [1080p]-QFb3z86jTLc.mp4 (1280x720, 13.45M)

'Wow girls can be jedi too!! It doesn't take years of training, wiseness and physical strength to become a warrior after all.'

This is why feminists have it easy with americans.

LEKKU'D

Stay triggered, Kathleen Kennedy.

Same faux psychobullshit as the feminists: they really live in your head, cuck. The whole world is horrified at what you've become due to your worship of money, and we gloat because you know too you've become a monster.

The absolute cuckoldry of america.

Attached: f3d5be85d3713fefbb75f53cc4a3ca630755b7a575562f916c9a5222b7e48157.jpeg (503x875, 52.79K)

The eurocuckery is off the charts. Time to go bring your gf and Ahmed their breakfast, Gunther

What, so the only way you can be a bad guy is if you were born to another bad guy?
Fucking Star Wars. I can't believe people eat this garbage up.

That's not KOTOR 2, you philistine.

Good, the training is working on the mutt. Recognize that the people who despise you are the ones you roleplay as.

You are american: neither white or caucasian with european ancestry. Just a mix of immigrants from britain, mexico and africa.

Attached: 1509930592793.png (400x400, 27.19K)

Oh sweetie. It's hilarious seeing you keep trying. Here have a (You) and collect yourself before posting again.

MORE
MORE
MORE

WHY NO MORE AGAIN GOBLIN?
I WANT NOW AGAIN MORE GOBLIN NOW

Who do you serve?

Attached: 720.JPG (640x960, 84.89K)

Source on the girl.

She is my aunt who was also my wet nurse

Did she pop your cherry when nobody was home?

No that would be degenerate, she just breastfed me when my mother was not able to. Why do you want to have sex with relatives?

Attached: mpv-shot0017.jpg (1920x1080, 208.97K)

Shut up goon.

Bingo.

The lucas version is still more interesting than the shit we got.

NO
FUNNY GOBLIN
POST FUNNY GOBLIN
AGAIN AGAIN NOW

This is just retarded. It’s beyond a eurocuck thing to the point I think you are some hapa pissed off at Holla Forums who is shitting up the board again.

Attached: 1309.JPG (2476x3508 892.57 KB, 2.6M)

Go to any country in South America, go to any public place, start watching all the different species of goblinos and how no one looks the same and behaves the same and tell to yourself….this is "my" people, my nation, my country while they stare you with surprise at how white your skin is and how tall you are.

Attached: DIversity and Proximity study.png (617x3902 377.68 KB, 409.46K)

GOBLINS NOW
AGAIN AGAIN

Attached: 226full-anna-gasser.jpg (780x1018 40.84 KB, 138.57K)

WHERE GOBLIN POSTER?
WANT GOBLINS
POST AGAIN MORE NOW GOBLINS
NOW

Attached: 86936a5063f17e6f21464ca002b7ba731def70a8_r.jpg (672x960 32.76 KB, 103.18K)

GOBLINPOSTER GONE?
NNNNNOOOOOOOO
MORE GOBLINS NOW
NOW
NOW
NOW
NOW
NOW
AGAIN

sudocuck is shitting up the board again.

He's not just "some hapa". He's the schizophrenic hapa Zachary Keith Hasbrouck and you will address him as such.

IS HE GOBLIN POSTER?
TELL POST AGAIN NOW MORE
NOW

Why is Anri so perfect?

GOBLIN NOW MORE

She is more than just flesh, she is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof

How can i get a gf like her?

Literal supreme gentleman

Attached: 8967867865.jpg (300x168, 9.84K)

Learn to dance and how to speak japanese

Attached: mpv-shot0010.jpg (1920x1080, 267.81K)

A couple hundred years of Mongolian and Japanese dna admixture ought to do the trick.

MORE

Attached: mpv-shot0083.jpg (1920x1080, 231.79K)

GOBLIN NOW AGAIN POST

Attached: mpv-shot0052.jpg (1920x1080 160.93 KB, 170.53K)

THIS NOT AGAIN GOBLIN
POST GOBLINS
NOW NOW
AGAIN AGAIN
NOW

Attached: mpv-shot0081.jpg (1920x1080 193.03 KB, 208.17K)

WTF is going in this thread?

LACK OF MORE GOBLIN NOW AGAIN
POST GOBLINS MORE PLEASE AGAIN MORE

Amerimutts are so mad, one of them started speaking ebonics but quickly corrected himself. We won't see him for a while

Zach forgot his meds again.

Oh oh masterful comeback, now that certainly shows your dominance, why I run circles around your ass. I'll start adding numbers to my arguments so it's less of an issue for you to focus on them.

1. Your entire political identity is centered around fighting the impurity in your nation. Well congratulations, now you realize that from the outside you too are in the bad water.

2. And the best part of the aforementioned belief, is that you don't like 'America'. You like your 'European' heritage, inside the melting pot of America. Well guess what, we're the actual Europeans and you have no connection to us.

Attached: 1509854698614.png (547x433, 18.02K)

Good job outing yourself.

This is you.

Attached: 65468.jpg (300x168, 8.37K)

Stop calling us eurocucks. Ok thank you.
t. Abdul Hamsahbaba

Attached: 47.jpeg (328x399 70.91 KB, 170.92K)

Attached: 80c55611fb846e030b69327e06a5d944561441efcddaef4dc66907314070cc96.png (645x729, 58.28K)

He has potential dark side within him because he's a fucking person like anybody else. Fuck you, faggot.

And who else do you think rules America? They are your kings, take responsibility for your cuckoldry.
America literally bombed Serbia to create a muslim nation in Europe - right before 9/11. Is it the jews fault? No, it's your people's fault for being fat tools.

Oy vey goyim! don't hate on Soy Wars, good goy Georgy is the one who wrote it, if you don't give us shekkels you're not a real fan

Pottery

Pretending to be retarded is being retarded, user.

Attached: CWiH_CHWwAAjS0Y.jpg (600x638 60.54 KB, 57.72K)

Hey Zach.

How many times are you blithering fools gonna blame your boogeyman

As long as you keep making it so easy I'd imagine.

Yes, they must have traded a few notes since the end of clone wars had shaak ti get tied up by grievous and there was a deleted scene in ROTS that had her captured on his ship, and anakin and obi-wan watch him kill her.

dude pink text lmao

instant faggot just add water