en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media
cs.utexas.edu/~EWD/transcriptions/EWD10xx/EWD1036.html
archive.is/rBP2b
archive.is/RpJB1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OH BOY HERE WE GO

He's a hasbeen
BTW his legacy of Quake and Doom has thoroughly been shat on by Zenimax.

Dust in the wind.

Bethesda bought themselves back from Zenimax though, didn't they? So this doesn't actually hurt Bethesda?

Don't see why I should care. I want Facebook and Bethesda to burn to the ground. Zenimax can go too, but I am just eh about the whole thing.

I just hope John comes out of this ok and continues to produce his particular brand of autism. I still have a ton of respect for that guy.

Nice, it won't do much though
Carmack doesn't game develop anymore so the money won't see a good use and the quantity is minimal to a company thr size of Zenimax.

Holy shit, what drugs are you on?
Stop posting anytime

He's going to lose.

This..mhhmrmmm
Means…erhmhmhmmm
War..mrmmrmmmmhmm

ZeniMax Media owns id Software LLC and Bethesda Softworks LLC.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

No shit

can't wait to see the "lead developer of the megahit "Rage" for the classic Xbox 360 found dead. autopsy reveals cause of death was suicide by four shotgun blasts to the back of the head." headlines.

ZeniMax is fucked. There is no "guilt" in civil court.

ZeniMax is extra fucked. All we need to know to look up the truth if John Carmack was convicted of these "crimes" is his birthday. I have money on there being no such criminal conviction of corporate espionage and grand larsony.

There is no fucking way a jury of John Carmack's peers is going to believe that John had to fucking google how to wipe a harddrive. We're talking about an actual genius computer scientist here; not Hillary Clinton's literally Something Awful Goon IT fag.

Fuck zenimax, I hope he gets his cash whether he deserves it or not.

Kek, he must be pissed

Just a reminder that you should all thank Todd Howard for creating Doom and Quake.

Is this enough money to make Quake 5?

Hope he wins. The money is a drop in the bucket for Zenimax, but it could fuck up their image so that would be great.

also mods didn't exists until Skyrim came out.

Why is ZeniMax shilling here

Am i supposed to believe that Carmack has to google on how to wipe a hard drive?

It's not even relevant to the issue. Carmack is suing over Zenimax not fully paying for id. Zenimax is saying "boohoo, he was involved in a case against us where other things happened", but these other things (the Oculus case) have nothing to do with the lawsuit over id.

In all fairness, if he's not actively doing certain kinds of work, he wouldn't know what tools are out there. He's a developer, he's not likely to be familiar with DBAN off the top of his head.

No. He could literally write his own DBAN.

Any competent computer scientist with 25+ years of programming experience (not "developer"-tier faggotry) can wipe a drive to "NSA-proof" whatever you think that means Mr. ZeniMax Shekelburgstein P.A.

Everyone here knows John Carmack isn't a developer; he's what I said: a competent computer scientist with 25+ years of programming experience. You're showing you know nothing about which you are speaking.

iThinkMyCatIsAFlea • 18 minutes ago
@John Carmack You jumped into bed with Palmer 'alt-right' Luckey and you stole ZeniMax documents and source code and now you want us to believe that ZeniMax owe you $22.5 million?

"I think you're a mean person so you shouldn't have rights!"
identity politics to was a mistake

I hope john puts the doom on zenimax

ZeniMax was in the right.

You're giving him too much credit.

No, sir, and furthermore your clients have libeled Mr. Carmack. One cannot receive a guilty conviction in civil court, and Mr. Carmack was not found personally responsible in the civil case you mention.

Wrong.

Fuck your heavenly trips you ZeniMax shill. Any nigger with 25 years of UNIX experience could script dd to wipe a harddisk to "NSA-proof"-tier.

Anyone with an above average knowledge of computers KNOWS it's unsafe to delete information (trying to conceal any kind of information using computers is a completely idiotic idea), and in some instances fragments of data were still retrieved from wiped hardware. I don't see him falling for this shit.

Akshually… I will cite the OJ Simpson civil court jury trial and verdict as my evidence. Simpson was found responsible; not guilty. The jury awarded the claimants damages.

I've seen 'experts' that have 40+ years of experience but can't output shit after their first 'breakthrough'. The slump hits in and creativity as well as productivity goes down the drain. That's why you hardly get a string of successful inventions by one person. So you can drop the act and find a way to amass 30mil quickly.

That's the best lie zenimax could come up with, Carmack not knowing how to wipe a hard-drive?
Come the fuck on.

Making it totally unreadable to even high-end forensics equipment. You do know how platter drives work, right? Just zeroing it out won't do shit.

Carmack is a cool dude, but it's unreasonable to think that he'd actually write something instead of just grabbing a known tool for doing the job for him, no matter how many image macros of him spouting off fake technical stuff get posted.

Sorry kiddo, but the times are a-changing. "Computer science" is nothing but a buzzword for universities that churn out Indian code monkeys to mass-produce java for megacorps. Developer is the new term for programmer, just like "cloud" is the new "mainframe". Minor differences, if you really want to be fussy, but all of those are simply direct effects of the lower-level advancements in computing technology as a whole and the methodologies that swarmed up to meet them.

We're living in an age where devops is a thing. A big thing. Nothing is sacred anymore, the good old days are gone, September and summer will never end, etc. You get the point, I hope. If not, you'll get it around 2032, looking back at 15 years ago when everything seemed so sane.

Please note that user is talking about data deletion, not about physically wiping the hard drive with a rag or cloth.
the bleachbit /= acidwash "fact check" still makes me laugh

Meanwhile, Doom and Quake and Rage and helping to develop VR software were all helped by Carmack. I think he knows his shit.

k

Computer science isn't a fucking buzzword you millenial NEET bag of useless shit.

cs.utexas.edu/~EWD/transcriptions/EWD10xx/EWD1036.html

t. mainframe programmer with guaranteed job for life

Sorry user, but actual "computer science" is going the way of OS/2. No matter how much you complain, it's not going to change. I don't like it either, but old paradigms die. That's just the nature of the field.

lol.

That shit was annoying, I remember working with it back in college a few years ago. It wasn't the terminal shit that threw me, it just felt everything was arbitrary as fuck. Was that the … Z/OS? I can't remember what language it used

Also fuck COBOL

IIRC in the previous reports, it was said that Carmack started working on VR stuff as a side-project while still being employed by iD. When he left, ZeniMax said everything he ever wrote belonged to them, including his pet projects.
Basically a dumb commenter who couldn't tell apart a cat from a flea if they tried, trying to shove that alt-right narrative into everything they can.

Depends on where he coded his shit. If it was on Zeni's property or used any of their tools then he's fucked.

Cool. I'm sure the "apps" that you "develop" have "bugs". Totally not your fault as a "developer". Must be the OS, the compiler, some nuance of your gayfag managed code language you "overlooked". Certainly it wasn't human error due to a programming mistake you made. Because you're not a computer scientist or programmer.

I'm on a modern IBM z/series yeah. The database is DB2 though, and yes thankfully COBOL is a thing of the past for the most part.

As much as I want Carmack to sue the shit out of ZeniMax and win, let's not forget that any shekels he makes will be going straight to cuckerberg and cuckbook.

I have a hard time believing this. I'd like to meet the """independent""" computer analyst they used and knock some sense into them.

Anyways, he wasn't convicted of anything, so he can now add libel and slander to his "Fuck you, Zenimax" list.
I hope he gets twice that as damages just to rub the salt into Zenimax's wound.

No they wouldn't, don't be stupid. This is a claim regarding him not receiving payment for selling his company. He'll pocket this into his personal bank account.
Facebook's already bankrolling Occulus, they can't force an employee to pay them.

22.5 million? That doesn't even pay for half of a Zenimax game's cost.

I'd also have thought id would have been bought for more than that.

If you read the history of id Software its pretty clear all the creativity was from other people than Carmack. Carmack also fired everyone from id that contributed to their success as a company. By the time Doom 3 came around most of the talent was gone and it really showed.

Copying /dev/urandom over a few dozen times however…

Nice dubs, and I agree. He got possessed by Jews unfortunately and the only way out of that is death.

Isn't this the kind of bullshit that computer illiterates believe of people who know computers?

It sounds like the exact same thing Adrian Carmack sued Zenimax over.
They didn't pay him the full share price of Id when he quit. That got settled out of court.
I liked how Zenimax tried to cover up his quitting by saying he was 'pursuing other projects'.

I'm only rooting for Oculus because the VR ecosystem needs strong competition. Zenimax is too incompetent and jewish to enter the VR market themselves.

I'm not a subhuman streetshitting indian, or an autistic 40-year-old neckbeard. As such, I don't develop, program, or "computer science", and never will.

(checked)

user, this is a very simple operation…

I don't know, you'd have to look at the contract of acquisition to see what they bought exactly. Of course I'm biased (for some strange reasons, I have more empathy for a human being of flesh and bones than a multinational corporation), but I don't think they bought iD because they developed and released a grand total of 8 games in 18 years (and created an amazing catalog of 4 successful franchises since 1992). I think they bought iD for the brand (just like the idiots resurrecting Atari every ten years or so) and for the few talented people in the company. If I bought a company to acquire people I know I couldn't never get to move to my own company, and a few months later the guy leaves, I'd try to take as much as I can from him.

All the talented people left? True. Programmers? Not so sure. Tom Hall (designer) left because he was frustrated after they went the easy path for Wolf3D (now he's a cuck). John Romero (designer/coder) was fired for doing jack shit after Quake 1 and toying with the idea of funding his own company (now he's also a cuck). Michael Abrash (programmer) left after Quake 1 because he felt like he was going to do the same shit for Quake 2. After Quake 2, American McGee (designer) was pressured to leave and was ultimately fired (it had something to do about stock options? I can't remember). Sandy Petersen (designer) left after Quake 1 because he had enough of making "boom your dead" kind of games. Adrian Carmack (artist) left after Quake III Arena for pretty much the same reasons as McGee. Kenneth Scott (artist) joined for Quake III Arena and left after Doom 3 to work with his wife (Corrinne Yu) at 343 Industries.
TL;DR: the only other programmers were Romero (who fucked up constantly monster programming) and Abrash (who is genuinely talented; but left on his own). I don't know what Jim Dosé did exactly, but Robert Duffy was "only" programming tools…

Well, if I had to trust someone who's actually a programmer (who worked with GPU manufacturers and incidentally said it was a normal progression for a programmer to look into hardware), or a bunch of monkeys in expensive office suit showering incompetent devs with buckets of money so their game would include "that feature from the last Assassin's Creed", "more of those DLCs gamers seem to enjoy so much" and "a more feminist character to get public approval"? I'd pick the programmer.

Mods didn't exist until Todd Howard and Gabe Newell invented the Steam Workshop to make money off of them, you mean.

Mods didnt exist until you had to pay for them.

Whatever happened to the sound engineers? That is what I really want to know.

Doesn't matter if he uses the money for games or not, it's his money and it belongs to him and zenimax is trying to rob him. This is about justice for Carmack. If the world's most brilliant people can't expect due compensation, future brilliant people will not grace the world with their talent.

My "Atlus Shrugged" is showing

This. Nothing really exists until it starts making shekels.

|
|>
|
|

For Doom (and possibly before), it was some third party code I think. They wrote their own code starting with Quake (okay, so that was Jim Dosé's work). For Doom 3, it was Jan Paul van Waveren I think? I know he did the physic engine, but I can't tell if he was also responsible for the audio?

Who even cares at this point? Video gaymes are dead.

I think audio and sound engineers (good ones that is) are the most underrated part of video game development.

Thief

IIRC, Carmack himself wrote the 3D audio engine for Q3, I'm not sure if they rewrote or reused that for D3.

Purging a hard drive is not hard just time consuming.

Found this:

Also found this.
archive.is/rBP2b

I guess Paul Steed (2D artist) will feel less lonely?
archive.is/RpJB1

(full house checked)
That's pretty standard for technology jobs. It's still fucking evil.

No, I think Q3 used EAX and A3D. I don't think Carmack would have wrote his own 3D audio engine when those two were on the market.

FUUUUCK you Creative.

is he still working for the kikest kike of all the kikeberg aka. kikebook? fuck him and fuck his goyim VR machine 3000

Yeah, it's the same fucking shit everywhere, especially in creative sectors: Disney has tons of stories and character design in the back of their drawers because animators signed a contract giving the company full right to demand anything they created, even outside their working hours. Same goes for comics. It's fucked up and abusive.

Don't you just love patents? It's like kickstarter: you say "not yet" and then receive money from people interested in that thing you're busy not working on.

I like how every face we can see looks visibly upset.

I think you mixed that up with D3. Old id tended to avoid one-platform proprietary meme APIs if possible. They were (((lawyerly))) blackmailed to use EAX for D3.

EAX and A3D were proprietary tech available only on a very limited subset of (usually expensive) sound cards. Id would still need an engine to run everywhere else. Also they aren't audio engines, but APIs that can be employed within an audio engine.

I vaguely remember sifting through optimized mixer code when I read the GPL'd source code drop of Q3 many years ago. The engine definitely did its own mixing and 3D positional effects in software. Whether the original version had an optional alternative HW-accelerated engine that was stripped from the open sauced version, I do not know.

To be fair, good goyim are not used to thinking about opsec.

I you wipe a drive, run a powerful electromagnet over it, fill it with junk data, wipe it again and then throw it in a fucking fire, and that original data could STILL be retrieved.

How can you bet this retarded

Tell me this one, geniuses, why was he googling how to wipe a hard drive? Then, after doing so, the computer full of evidence just so happens to get wiped? The funny part is people acting like this is all new information. This came out as evidence in zenimax/oculus trial, and it was more than likely one of the key factors in zenimax being awarded money. Part of the problem here is that some of you have idealized/idolized this guy as some sort of super genius incapable of ever making a mistake. In reality, he turns out to be like most of the nerd types that populate technical fields, great at solving problems, incredibly lacking in common sense (as we've clearly seen here). For god's sake, the man was working for a different company under the roof of his current company, if that doesn't tell you anything I don't know what will. The other factor here is the strong dislike for zenimax. Zenimax are certainly scumbags, no doubt about it, but that doesn't mean Carmack didn't make some boneheaded decisions. Hopefully, if it's true they owe him money (wouldn't be surprised), that he gets it, but the man undeniably did some stupid shit even if the googling how to wipe a hard drive isn't true.

What's wrong with wiping your hard drive?

nothing to fear, nothing to hide

It makes you a naughty goy.

How do you know he's 'great at solving problems' beyond the average programmer? The average retard knows him because of Quake and the 'challenges' of quake were basic and implemented basic solutions which the industry moved on from in a few years. Everywhere else he goes he takes credit for the work of others, including actually stealing his colleagues research to give to Oculus/Facebook and become a PR idol. He only programs enough to start an idea and then sends it to more talented people to actually fix. He's also done things like copy and paste ideas from Nvidia research (remember his predictions ala the voxel engines/ray casting are the future?) into interviews and presented them as his own ideas. They also mostly didn't come true.

If you work here in the bay area with people around him, they are complete faggot sycophants over this guy. I don't get and never have. He's a famous chump without a single unique achievement to his name worshipped by people who think making games is impossible and amazing.

For anyone who wants any actual new dirt on this guy, he's funneling crony favors into a company his wife is holding for him. all this fucking faggot does is milk the industry and do nothing.

Carmack is a godly programmer, but don't forget that he ruined id by firing all the good devs.
Good on him for having the balls to sue Zenimax, though.

Wait, what?
This guy is a computer genius, how doesn't he know how to wipe a hard drive?

It's most likely a lie.

This is how the Ferrozoican heresy happened, I bet.

That doesn't mean he has encyclopedic knowledge about the exact details of every model of hard drive. For that matter it might also mean that he can imagine a dozen different ways a simple script could fuck up and miss something (e.g. damaged sectors that have been disabled), implying that he'd be better off grabbing a stock program to do it.

I find it less plausible that he wouldn't expect them to yank his search record from google, though.

Who?

Don't forget the Fallout franchise.
Tho it's weird why it starts with 3.
Guess it's the same way TES started with Oblivion

Facebook is used by normalfags for normalfag shit
Zenimax ruins video games.
Math here is simple.

what the fuck is that symbol supposed to be

A nose and hands rubbing together from behind a post. Maybe you should lurk moar

That's some lips out of a gloryhole, fagot

It's been a while since I've read this much bullshit.
I hope you don't do it for free at least.

I don't think you understand the level this man operates on motherfucker.

Just fuck my life up.

Fucking newfags across the whole internet.

I need to wipe my drive, but first let me tell everyone I'm about to do it.

It really depends how long ago you deleted something.
If you deleted a file two years ago, it's very unlikely it can be retrieved.
Realistically, if you wanted to get rid of information on a hard drive you'd have to delete it a good while in advance, physically wipe the hard drive with something like a magnet or destroy the aluminum platter itself.

Romero quit halfway through Quake 1. He simply kept working on it for free because he liked it so much.
He received no money and gets no royalties from it.

Literal cuck

Not him, but what I see is a knife ear and a butt.

This is how modern software companies behave in the US. Before you sign a contract with such a company, realize that you are signing over your life. If you sell your company to one, you better take a nice, long vacation and do absolutely nothing for at least 2-4 years, because if you do anything significant afterwards, you will be sued. The people who run these companies view software developers as retards who do not understand the legal ramifications of what they do. They also understand the courts are filled with people who have no understanding of technology. I have seen companies attempt to frame employees who have recently quit or been fired. I've personally discovered a CTO pose as a laid off employee, send out messages to other executives saying some quite nasty things in order deny that employee their severance. How do I know? I could look up the IP address the message came from and see that it was one that had been allocated to his laptop. This shit happens all the time.

I can guarantee you that they had backups of John Carmack's development machines. Saying he destroyed evidence of all the information he stole is ludicrous. Understand exactly what they are implying here. They are implying that he brought some sort of storage device in with him, copied over a bunch of files, and then wiped his drive so nobody would be able to discover he stole the files. How convenient. They know he stole files, but they cannot prove it, because there is no evidence of him stealing it. He may have wiped his computer, but that doesn't mean he stole something. He might have also left the company with his username and password, and this was done in order to frame him. Equally possible in a scenario where all evidence of what actually occurred was destroyed.

Evidence or gtfo.

even then he only contributed a part of what made Doom good. Doom was a team effort. On their own none of the team really lived up to that. Doom 3 was okay but not Doom. I never gave a shit abut Quake and laugh at anyone who says "Quake dethroned Doom". Yeah right, no one gives a shout about Quake anymore. Doom 4 only had one of the literal nobodies left over from back then.

Romero has somehow stayed halfway relevant though he's still scarred by Daikatana. McGee has Alice, but also a black mark of Bad Day LA. Carmack has dick, really.

Yes, he would. In fact anyone who works in the computer world would.
There's a program called "DD" or "disk destroyer" (the name is to scare people from using it because it's possibly dangerous) originating from unix but present in almost all unix-like operating systems which between many other funcionalities lets you do things such as writing a bunch of zeros to a hard drive, and i know for sure carmack has enough knowledge about a hard drive to tell what wipes the data in it for good, what doesn't and how to make it less obvious.
What i'm assuming he did or would do, and what i would do is use DD to write a bunch of 0s to the entire hard drive twice (1 is enough, 2 is for good measure and wiping out traces from SMART logs).

dd if=/dev/null of=/tmp/fuckoff bs=8mb rm /tmp/fuckofffor (i=0;i

THE HERO WE DESERVE

ahaha oh wow, is this copypasta?

I guess everyone on this site has more computer knowledge than Carmack because we can format a hard drive, where the fuck is my life time achievement award

And then spent 4 years having parties in Texas and got his porkroaster at the time a boob job with money that wasn't his.

As a result of above activities (which also helped put Looking Glass Studios under, although it was by no means the only reason) he did shit projects for 15 years. Fortunately SJWism (in contrast to his very dudebro approach back in the day) helped helped him get back in modern industry's graces.

As such Romero remaining relevant is hardly related to his accomplishments since Doom 2. Unless you consider a "worse than Sandy Petersen" Doom 1 level to be a remarkable result.

Todd Howard would never lie, even neo-Holla Forums knows that.

You dumb sack of shit. Wiping a hard drive clean and overwriting it multiple times with zeroes or random stuff is very different from just formating.

Do you honestly believe Zenimax is making that claim or are you that fucking gullible?

gas yourself

This actually sounds vaguely interesting though, but you're going to have to back that up. I won't completely discard that as being possible since, well, the rest of the industry's in on that game…but otherwise I would think that he wouldn't take Zenimax to case over this since any questionable dealings could potentially get revealed. Zenimax for sure fucking play dirty and would fuck him up anyway they could to protect their $$$, and after the Occulus trial he'd be aware for sure.

You notice how there's a lot of (1)s for this thread? I just picked up on it.

I noticed it, but id rather debate the argument that these idiots actually believe a word of Zenimax at all.

I mean it's not like they couldn't just you know after he left the company and has no way to defend himself with proof, gee I dunno.
Lie
It's not like they haven't done a large amount of horrendous shit in the past this being on the low end if it's the case.

Yeah, that shit sticks out like a sore thumb. The fact that the idea of a man who spent 20+ years programming shit would have no idea how to wipe a hard drive even held water just proves that the courts still know fuck all about computers.
"Independent third party verification," my ass.

And it's not like software publishers lying and actively screwing people over is even this new concept, they've done it since the dawn of the tech boom.

Software companies are the only ones that do this bullshit. Seriously disgusting. I hope he wins honestly but since most people are illiterate in technology, a good Jewish lawyer could play into that.

And yeah, like the other people said, every software user worth his weight knows dban. You don't need to google it. And he would know that his actions would be used against him.

Honestly if I ever get into a big name company, I'm going to keep a fucking copy of every circuit diagram I make and they publish. I PRAY THAT a company like Intel will hire me one day as a cpu designer, so that in 30 years, I will release the biggest fucking treasure trove of electronic design.

It's despicable, FUCKING DESPICABLE, that companies keep their software and hardware closed source. They're preventing the advancement of humanity for profit.

Yeah, that's honestly what pisses me off so hard about this. They threatened to fucking fire him if he ever brought up VR again before he resigned and went to Oculus, and now they waltz into court and say "actually, we were actively developing VR when he quit, and he stole company assets, give us money?" Fuck off with that shit.

This is like those Silicon Valley episodes!

I picked that up before I posted from my home PC

at work now

and honestly the tone of the thread should have made you immediately suspicious after this

Bethesdrones are going full force.

You mean Fallout and TES.

I guess that minecraft VR money is drying up.

Or, you know, his workstation was taken down to IT once he left the building and got the ol' DBAN treatment.

No, but you're retarded.

Also, this.

CARMACK TAKE MY ENERGY

What the fuck are you even doing? Also I just remembered these days cat works better, although it still can't replicate some of dd's more complex features. Assuming the hard drive is /dev/sda1, it's as simple as having cat/dd on memory and umounting it or doing this stuff from a live cd.
cat /dev/zero > /dev/sda1
if you really want to use DD:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1 bs=64M
the 64MB block size is because it's a common disk cache size and it also tends to give better read/write performance with DD while having better cpu usage due to less API calls.

Zenimax which owns Bethesda reassigned its shills for damage control and disinfo. They know places like this would be ground zero for a place to create bad PR for them. I know it would only lose Zenimax a drop in the bucket but fuck them. They deserve to crash and burn.

They're usually not wrong though. Devs (especially the good ones) tend to be socially awkward half-autistic nerds with no understanding of manipulative social (and sometimes legal) games normalfags routinely play.

This. I wouldn't doubt that Carmack would probably double dip companies and shuffle his projects around and think it's just fine with his bean counting bosses.

"Late one night Carmack and his friends snuck up to a nearby school where they knew there were Apple II machines. Carmack had read about how a thermite paste could be used to melt through glass, but he needed some kind of adhesive material, like Vaseline. He mixed the concoction and applied it to the window, dissolving the glass so they could pop out holes to crawl through. A fat friend, however, had more than a little trouble squeezing inside; he reached through the hole instead and opened the window to let himself in. Doing so, he triggered the silent alarm. The cops came in no time.
The fourteen-year-old Carmack was sent for psychiatric evaluation to help determine his sentence. He came into the room with a sizable chip on his shoulder. The interview didn’t go well. Carmack was later told the contents of his evaluation: “Boy behaves like a walking brain with legs … no empathy for other human beings.” At one point the man twiddled his pencil and asked Carmack, “If you hadn’t been caught, do you think you would have done something like this again?” “If I hadn’t been caught,” Carmack replied honestly, “yes, I probably would have done that again.”
Later he ran into the psychiatrist, who told him, “You know, it’s not very smart to tell someone you’re going to go do a crime again.” “I said, ‘if I hadn’t been caught,’ goddamn it!” Carmack replied. He was sentenced to one year in a small juvenile detention home in town. Most of the kids were in for drugs. Carmack was in for an Apple II."

God damn I love not being defective.

No way is that on his permanent record, he was a minor and wasn't tried as an adult.

How did reddit got here?

This Mourz fella is a faggot.

That's actually not true. If you're a chemist and you happen to develop something while in the employ of some schmuck's lab, even if you did it at home, you basically just gave it to that schmuck. Alternatively, if you have a patent that Schmuck is aware of which he will be, because part of hiring for jobs like that is looking at who you're hiring, there's a good chance they'll try to slip it into the papers you'll be signing to start working in that lab.

There's currently a chemist in Georgia that has a patent on a means of delivery for medications like insulin, which would render it possible to take orally. Sure, you can swallow it now, but a great deal of it will be basically wasted and wouldn't make it past the stomach.

Guess how unemployable he is without signing that over to any two-bit shit that wants to take a shot at Eli-Lilly's virtual monopoly on insulin.

That's some advanced jewing.

And since the American legal system is a pay-to-play business, good luck getting those rights back if you sign without reading. Large companies can just stall you until you run out of money to play even if your case is clearly legitimate

Patents. Reminds me of Forgent Networks. Those assholes…

2002 - CNET

2004 - WIRED

2006 - ARSTECHNICA

Tim Cain gonna spin 20 mph faster tonight.

Holy shit. There's no way he isn't a genuine corporate shill

The sad thing is that you don't really have to pay them. People pay them for you.

Is this some kind of subtle guerilla marketing?

I can't believe there are faggots in this board that sided with Zenimax.

You faggots should have bombed Bethesda's office when they bought Fallout like you promised.

After what Zenimax has done to Human Head Studios you would be a retard to believe anything they say, they are cancer and if you side with them you should just kill yourself. Carmax isn't a saint, but compared to Zenimax he might as well be Jesus who has done more for the industry in his first 5 years than Zenimax will ever do in its lifetime.

Let's assume you wanted to "secure" erase files on a machine connected to an enterprise-level network. Fucking up the entire drive like you solution is not only going to be extremely obvious, but also strongly imply malicious intent (bad for lawsuits, and possibly criminal). My solution is better than yours since it leaves the OS and file system intact. It simply 0s out the free space then fills and deletes it with random bits a few times after you stole documents, deleted the logs, and trashed whatever digital assets. I've never tested with bs=64M but you're probably correct that would speed things up.

good, fuck zenimax.

Just as planned

Facebook is the worse of two evils
I hope Carmack gets all the money and runs

Oh. You're right.
Although, random data is a stupid idea because hard drives don't come from the factory filled with it. Some come with 0s and others come with an 1-byte hex number. It's good to do another pass with 0s after fillin git up with random stuff.

I only wish for Carmack to eventually publicly state retarded political shit doesn't matter to him entirely.

bumpu