What are some racing games with memorable soundtracks?

What are some racing games with memorable soundtracks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2ouQMCcOz4
youtube.com/watch?v=BGOpn9q79d0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You'd be able to answer your own question if you played more racing games.

any wangan or intial d game

All of them because I just listen to eurobeat when playing racing games.

One on one
Two on one
Three on one
Add one for fun

Because of this game I think nu-jazz, drum and bass, industrial metal and techno will always be the superior racing music. Eurobeat can suck cock.

Honorable mention goes to the Smuggler's Run games. Not exactly a racing series, but a good driving series. The first one had a catchy soundtrack with house and dub. The second one had great techno of both the dancefloor-ready and atmospheric variety. In fact, nearly all of the James Ruskin songs in the game are all special extended remixes made just for it, including an outtake with Richard Polson R.I.P..

youtube.com/watch?v=J2ouQMCcOz4

All the old-school NFS games (from the original to Porsche Unleashed/2000) had some really good music.

I miss the days of OSTs

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer

Paradise City is in Ridge State.

Essentially anything by Sega. Outrun, Daytona, Sega Rally, Manx TT… they always nail it.

This and Nitronic Rush

Standout track of Nitronic right here.

this game was my entire 11th year of life

best Outrun song

Never played, but the soundtrack is pretty great.

Completely unironically: Mario Kart DS
It's got some gems

Casuals the lot of you

u wot m8

And can't forget about this one either, for old time's sake

The soundtrack is half the reason to play RR

Extreme G franchise
Especially if you're into trance or techno

I can appreciate Wipeout's soundtrack for fitting like a glove, but it's not very exciting.

Songs about driving somewhere far away are the best though.

There's some songs in the series that are quite hype, but you're right the bulk of them is standard techno-DNB aesthetics. Doesn't stop them from being not only memorable, but also quite radical.

Sled Storm and Dragula are permanently fused together in my mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=BGOpn9q79d0

how do i get good at burnout?

Rock and roll racing

FUCKING NIGGER

this is magical

SasRT's OST is like shedding this vale of tears and soaring with the angels. ;_;7

Sadly house doesn't get used anymore or even made. The composer recently died too, RIP

Where did you get that from? The only game where Burnout gameplay is remotely related to Ridge Racer is Unbounded (and the less said about that shit the better). RIdge Racer does share it's universe with Ace Combat though

I only really liked "The Driver is You" and "The Wahooti Fandango", the rest is either too generic or have something that keeps it from being a good song. But for the time and presumably a smaller budget, it works well.

Rob Zombie being on the soundtrack and Intro may be the reason I preferred TM3. Fun Fact, Calypso saying "Let's demolition all of you" is in the album version of "Meet the Creeper".

Carmageddon 2 has some passable rock techno, but rest is Iron Maiden, you can't go wrong with that.

And since I'm doubtful as to anyone else recalling it, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing had a great soundtrack too.

On the subject of Rob Zombie, Flatout 2 has some nice music.
This intro always manages to hype me up.

It's "The Devil is in all of you."

i enjoyed the midnight club 3 nigger music

Is it? Couldn't find anything saying one way or the other. Seeing it in TM3's intro "Let's Demolition all of you" made perfect sense to me, but "The Devil is in all of you" being left on the song makes sense too. Not the worse lyric I've misheard. Use to think Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chill Peppers went "the birds that share the Salami with you"

The early 2000's were a good time for nigger music. Now they can't even be bothered to sound like they're enjoying all the money and bitches they've stolen, lazy porch monkeys. That said, Most Wanted has a fair amount rock music. And on the topic of Rob Zombie was in Underground 1. Also Test Drive: Eve of Destruction

DU DUDU DU DU DU DU DU TURUUUUUUUUUU

They even got Mr. Big vocalist for Daytona USA CCE

Need for Speed Underground 2 OST

RIDERS ON THE STORM

This is the only correct answer.

That's not vaporwave, at all.
That's just Eurobeat slowed down and shittily remixed.

LeTrashManFace.jpeg

do you think vaporwave is anything but the direct opposite of nightcore?

This song always striked me as the kind of music that would be played in 90's aerobic dance competitions

Nowhere actually, but it sounds good though. it's like the Robotnik/Eggman debacle. One sounds better but one is true.

bump

Quite a good soundtrack for the 90's equivalent of babby's first JRPG.

not a particularly good game, odd to control especially without the 3D control pad, but it's got some nice music. Unique too.