ISIS using GTA V for Machinima Propaganda Videos

What a bizarre world we live in.

Other urls found in this thread:

dronethusiast.com/the-dji-m600/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have no idea.

The machinima video is aping a similar ISIS video which was put out recently, here is a snippet of the live action rendition.

do they really think people will fall for that?

You overestimate the intelligence of the average mudshit.

Fall for what? ISIS is definitely constructing drones and using them for reconnaissance and precision bombing on the battlefield right now.

Do they strap bombs to the drones or do you mean they use them as spotters?

That's how I play Arma 3.

Never mind, didn't enlarge the image.

that wasn't the drone they used though?

I don't think ISIS are big on standardization.

Nice try ciakun, but im not clicking that!

I am an Policy Analyst for a IGO, I can tell you with a measure of certainty that ISIS had gone with several routes as far as procurement of drone platforms goes. As far as we can tell based on propaganda videos and captured drones, ISIS is at once utilizing off-the-shelf commercial drones for survelliance as well as manufacturing their own drones to be used as mobile bomb platforms. That black drone I posted is an ISIS design, I have seen several other drones exactly like it, leading me to think they have a small-scale production capacity of these drones. A similar development is their increased use of VBIED (suicide cars) which in recent weeks have consisted of a uniform design.

I don't think they realize that short range low altitude drones are as useful as they're trying to make them out to be

Interesting to note, if go to the YouTube page of the video I linked to in the original post, scroll down to the comments and you will notice that the ISIS unit which produced the film actually commented.

In street-to-street urban fighting such as in Mosul, they can be quite useful for terrorizing enemy units as well as keeping tabs on their movements. In larger scale theater, you are right, they are pretty useless. For now.

Every fucking time, thanks Obongo
I wonder if the Nips are laughing at all that free advertising, I know I am, goddamn

sure they can be useful in urban combat, with thermals

ISIS doesn't have to appease the military industrial complex kikes, so they default to whatever is cheap, effective and reliable.

When the electorate of your entire country is decided by memes, you know you're fucked.

oh I'm laffin

Why wouldn't they be useful without thermals? It's a flying camera you can use to keep track of enemy movement without exposing yourself to enemy fire, it's quiet enough it can monitor the opponent without them noticing and you can equip it with a few explosives to strike at targets of opportunity.

if those forces you're trying to keep track of are on the open streets, if they're going building to building in a urban environment, good luck trying to keep up with them without getting in too close

Did you make this yourself OP?

meant to say

You both over estimate how easy it is to weaponize drones.
You can buy shit like this dronethusiast.com/the-dji-m600/ off the shelf, how hard do you think it really is to use that 40lb load for a 1lb gopro and 39lb of explosives?

I almost want to say this is some manner of joke due to the absurdity of it but it seems fairly legit. I am impressed they took the time to mod in a Hilux though

The funny thing is if they went onto a pub server, no one would care and just casually blow them out.

I don't remember drones being on GTA V, was it added on a patch?