Men of War 2

This game is fucking

CRAZY

you constantly have to keep using your head. No respite. You have to keep relentless management and decision making until you destroy the enemy.

Sitting around equals death especially when you're stubborn and play hardest difficulty like me.

Other urls found in this thread:

mow-portal.moy.su/load/v_tylu_vraga_2_shturm/cold_war_1_6_2/4-1-0-1304
vk.com/of_coldwar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I heard 1 was better

You don't need to rush too hard, good micro-management can make a huge difference.

It's not, AS 2 is the best in the series.

Finally someone with some good taste on this shitty fucking board

Most people here play Overwatch, are you surprised? I'm amazed even two people responded to this.

Have you tried Vietnam? It's a bit shit but it's MoW in 'nam.

Man, I fucking miss 2014
I even miss 2015 for fucks sake

2014 and '15 were probably like the last years I even had fun in life ironically. Everything since then in every area of life seems to be terrible, even for other people i talk to

Guys. Did you played:
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II and Fog of War?

Because those are the real first games of the russian series В Тылу Врага (behind enemy lines).

I was always autistic in this game with micromanaging my soldier's equipment and inventory. Every time I played Americans I would always pick up all the German guns and try my hardest to capture German vehicles instead of destroying them. My autism would eventually burn out really fast and I would quit the game.

Vidya and life are good, better than 2014-2015, but this board is near shit tier and getting worse and worse.
At least I'm seeing some comfy threads back.

Oh shit, I actually though Faces of War was the first in the series.
How do they play?>>12096770

Maybe if you're underaged

Every match I play, I lose, unles it's on normal tops. Only beat Hard maps like three times.

fuck you OP, MoW2 sucks turbodick

MoW diserves more attention, such a good series. some of the best interaction and destruction in all vidya

Yeah the thing you need to realize is that this happens because you are mean to play the game with micromanagement and that includes direct control. Your machine gunners were likely not shooting because they couldn't see from their perspective. Many YOU can see them, but you're a god looking overhead.

What is so bad about it compared to 3 years ago?
I would agree life was much better before 9/11 being used as an excuse to limit freedom and before the GFC hit our back pocket but 3 years ago was pretty much the exact same as now unless you think angry lefties actually matter.

Sage for non-vidya.
inb4 I accidentally completely fuck a thread about a series I love because I can't just shut up and let idiots go about their shitposting in peace

2014 was an orgasmic year for me so I take offense when people talk shit on it.

its ok user, it will get better

So does your mother, but shes still a good fuck regardless.

Also trips

Fuck

Holla Forums would've been so triggered by this game

you had to try three times for them. do you feel accomplished?

it's a bad game. MoW1 was innovative in the right ways and hard in the right ways. micromanaging my guys isn't a problem, it's the flat-out god-awful retarded AI. sometimes my guys will be gods of destruction - i had an antitank gun once that took down no joke like 40 soviet tanks in one mission - and sometimes they'll literally stand there and stare at bad guys until they get gunned down, and yes, they have a field of fire. it's not that it's micro-y, it's that it's wildly inconsistent

i like MoW's random-feeling modeling of combat vis a vis the riccochets, the fact that sometimes your guys will survive a mortar barrage and sometimes they won't, etc. but the truly brain-dead AI coupled with the fact that MoW2 is a complete fucking cash grab is unforgivable. play the first ones if you're going to play any of them because 2 is a lazy port to a new engine and again, they lock a critical fucking gamemode behind a DLC

Oh boy, you've done it now

Needs more optimization though

To this day I still don't know how to keep a plane for more than 2 minutes before it crashes.

This is true

I love Assault Squad but I see no reason to get AS2. I modded my game to disable the health boost for playing on not-retardedly-unfair difficulty and I vastly extended the time dead bodies stay to make looting ammo more viable and it seems like a pointless pain in the ass to do it all over again for a game that looks practically the same, has there really been some vast improvement from AS to AS2 that would justify switching?

Not really. As far as I can tell they're practically the same save for some shinies.

Though the majority of the modding scenes has moved on to AS2, so a lot of the AS mods are no longer maintained.

I will never see the appeal in these generic RTS's. like I liked starcraft back in the day with cheats on, but it gets pretty boring and you cant even play professionally without being a full autist chinaman

Even turn based strategy fucking sucks cause Xcom and Fire Emblem use Random Number Generators and you can randomly die from someone way underpowered.

The only good Strategy game I've played lately is Valkyria Chronicles, specifically the 2nd one

WeW

MoW isn't generic but ok. I am not sure why you came in hee to whine

what makes MoW different from every other WWII RTS?

they defend this game but deep in their hearts they know company of heroes is better, so that is why they're so agressive

mow-portal.moy.su/load/v_tylu_vraga_2_shturm/cold_war_1_6_2/4-1-0-1304

Best mod coming trough!

MoW has a larger scale to it and relies more on individual soldiers and their armaments as opposed to CoH's more traditional RTS rock paper scissors approach. personally i prefer CoH with Blitzkrieg mod over MoW, but i like having a smaller focus and faster rounds, but that said there's no denying that MoW's scope is interesting at worst and genuinely exciting at best. if MoW had better AI i would honestly say it's the better game, since it relies more on tactics and terrain than CoH, but CoH is just a more polished product overall and once you patch out the retarded HP of squads and add some new units it's a better WW2 game if you ask me

The shit taste in this thread has officially become terminal. Here's your (You)s.

Latest version is 1.6.2.2
vk.com/of_coldwar

The next one is going to be for Call to Arms, the P2W shitshow though.

It's an RTT.

1 is significantly better for single player and coop (it actually has a fucking campaign for a start), ASSSQUAD 2 is only better for MP.

the fuck does that mean

Real Time Tactics are you you stupid? Use fucking google. Hell you can even guess it based on context

real time tactics. more about the moment-by-moment decisionmaking you do as opposed to the make and buildup of the army you're sending (for example, a squad of riflemen could conceivably take out a tank if they capture an antitank weapon, find a panzerschrek/bazooka, or have antitank grenades, whereas in CoH/other RTS they're hard countered and need to be moved away)

MoW isn't even an RTS, it's an RTT.

They're upset they aren't good enough to play MoW and rely on pea-brained gay shit like CoH

1.6.3 soon

Yeah,they pulled a dick move with Call to Arms.
Even though I must admit it looks like an improvement over mod and MoW2AS.
I'll probably pirate it if there's a decent campaign or just to dick around in editor.
AS2 feels bland with copy-paste missions.

You don't build a base. Also you manage shit like ammo supplies.

man, do you guys know how to google?

That's it I'm out. Have fun guys

And Valykira Chronicles is TBT, jesus fucking christ.

Tactics are not strategy, though tactical-level engagements are part of strategic plans.

so tactics ARE strategy

OH, that actually makes sense to me. So you dont spawn and grow troops and shit, you just start off with a set amount and work your way through.

so like Xcom/Fire Emblem except real time? I've never seen somethin like that.

Its literally one shitposter derailing all these threads, hes been at it for days, stop fucking replying you niggers.

No, you can further strategic goals with low-level engagements (capturing a church, say, which is a tactical affair).

There are a fair few other RTT games, off the top of my head Close Combat, Wargame, Gettysburg! and the battle portion of the Total War games (when you play multiplayer you play these battles only). Also any game where you command a squad in real time like Full Spectrum Warrior. Brothers in Arms might count too because while it is partly an FPS the focus is on using your squad to do everything.

Also I hope you realize it's turn based too, you fucking imbecile.

Strategy as a genre generally implies a larger scale. Tactics games are usually in a squad based format.

You can get a limited amount of reinforcements but capturing resources so you can build more and more doesn't happen, making it more focused.

Why are you responding to this shitposter

Go back to where you came from

And World in Conflict and Blitzkrieg. In terms of vidya the rule of thumb is if it doesn't include base building or logistics it's tactical, this differs from the military's method of classifying things. Strictly speaking you might classify X-Com as a strategy came depending on which X-Com you're playing. You fight both tactical battles and manage a long-term strategy.

Autism.

Tactical, Operational, Strategic

Tactical is on the engagement level, generally at the squad/Platoon/Company/ or even Battalion level. Sometimes regiment or Brigade I guess. Its the organization where people are actively fighting each other. It's where "engagements", "battles", "skirmishes", etc.. would be defined.

Operational
The level of organization Where a "theater" of operations occurs. This is where a "general" would be planning his moves on the Division/Corps/Army level. You plan a series of Battles and resource transportation that will achieve goals that put you at an advantage/enemy disadvantage.

This is the level of a "Theater". The distribution of resources for different battles.

Strategy:
Over all war effort, the large goal of the fight. Win vs the enemy overall. Deny them resources, the ability to fight, take over them. How do we win the war? We need resources like this at these locations in broad terms.
The distribution of resources for the different theaters.

Now stop being autists about it, because when people say TBS/RTS, we all have pretty general ideas of what it means. We don't call Starcraft a "Real-Time Operational" game.

Is syrian warfare in the same engine or something? From what I've seen of it it looks really similar.

No, different engine
Similar designs with heavy nuances

Ignore the baiter/retard and discuss the game.

Men of War 2 when? I mean actual MoW2, not MoW:AS2. Also anyone else following Gates of Hell? Won't be a completely new game, but seems to go the route of more realism and depth.

I rate 10/10 OP. If you want more fun, you should check out Robz Realism mod, since a lot of people will host games with it now.

Pic related, 2000 point elimination game that lasted almost an hour and a half. I ran artillery and logistics, sending supplies up to the front and keeping the German team pinned down for the entire game.

This. AS2 improved the mechanics, but the non-campaign is kind of lame. I'd like a proper campaign again.

AS2 was made with multiplayer in mind. The skirmish mode behind the DLC shit is dogshit and reflects this. So in case you were thinking of buying it for the premium singleplayer experience(tm), don't.

You can only play the domination game mode where you have to hold points since the AI doesn't have any "search and destroy" capability needed for elimination. The AI will just sends waves of troops and vehicles forward with no real tactics and on higher difficulties, you just get more enemy troops and the AI gets boosts to MP and CP.

Oh boy…

I know this is bait but, you're thinking of Company of Heroes, faggot.

Company of heroes does not model Balistics for every single round fired, nor does it have inventories for every soldier/vehicle. Though the inventory can be tedious, they fixed it with the Sudden-strike style ammo boxes

It's been a long time since I've played the game, when I stopped German Soldiers Mod was the king of mods, has Robz completely dethroned it now?

Does it do stupid shit like adjust gun ranges to retarded far levels? Does it make Artillery cheaper thus more vital to the battle, or is Artillery still the noobs choice?

From your screenshot it looks like the mod has tried to capture what made Sudden Strike so great.

Robz is the pick now. GSM is kind of dead, since they stopped updating it.

Gun ranges are okay. They've been increased, but they're not ridiculous. Machine guns are actually good very good now though, and you don't need to be right next to someone to throw a grenade at them.

Most of the range changes and whatnot comes in the form of vehicles. They added a lot of new vehicles and whatnot. Artillery has had its ranged increased, so its kind of more noobier now.

I play both Overwatch and Men of War on a regular basis.

Now when the fuck are we going to get a good, feature-complete 40K mod?

Kill yourself

You can control each individual unit precisely and manage their inventory, plus control vehicles very precisely. Your soldiers get injured realistically.
It's like a mix between Jagged Alliance, Commandos and Company Of Heroes.
The campaigns are co-op and the games are extremely difficult on the hardest difficulties.

>>>/suicide/

Also trips

Now

Sad.

An attempt was made

EVERY TIME

gg no re

That's not how you get triples fam. Watch this.

Hm, looks like I'm retarded, they've actually already made a port of Men of War 1 to assault squad 2. Assault Squad 2 Origins.

$20, though, which is a bit steep considering I already paid for both Men of War and AS2. Ah well.