So does anyone know what Shinji Mikami has been up to?

So does anyone know what Shinji Mikami has been up to?

Eating granola bars and cans of soup in Capcom's basement

He probably retired because of Bethesda

I didnt even know he was a voice in fallout 4, did evil within bomb so hard he had to lower himself to voice acting?

Huh. So that's what he looks like. Never knew he has such a nice jaw.

Drinking repeatedly while staring at a poster of RE7 and crying.

He voiced one character that had only one line, the noodle vendor in Diamond City. And only in the Japanese version at that.

He's chained to a pipe in Bugthesda's basement, the plan was to keep him there until the memory of The Evil Within fades, but now they're looking closely at RE7, pondering if it's time to take Shinji for a walk.

Probably locked in Bethesda's basement, planning to put a basket over the guard's head so he can sneak out unseen.

Fucking funny but also depressing.

So far, nothing, no news that Bethesda will reveal Evil Within 2, for the last year and now, he's just been doing interviews about Capcom and the Resident Evil franchise.

Why do people hate The Evil WIthin so much?
I got it thinking that it was gonna be a "Shinji Mikami's greatest hits" kinda game With some Bethesda bugs and shit tier resource gathering and crafting gameplay crammed in and io got exactly what i expected
Story was shit, a fucking mess, and nothing is explained until you get the DLC, but the game was chalenging and scary enough to keep me glued to the screen
I think part of the problem is that people were expecting to much of this game…
How could have anyone expected anything good to come out of Bethesda is beyond me, i'm just glad they didn't fuck it all up

Crying while hugging a bottle of sake to sleep every single night.

It was clunky and filled with pain-in-the-ass setpieces and scripted bullshit.

My point exactly, it looked like it would end up just like that from the very first trailer
I still got it, cus i enjoyed the athmosphere and the game did get some scares outta me
But i never expected any God Hand tier of perfect game mechanics
I just wanted a cheap horror movie simulator and after having lived through the era of tank controls i don't think i can complain to much about TEW cluncky controls…

#FreeShinjiMikami when?
completely unrelated the Ukrainian mafia known under the name of Wargaming should release Chris Taylor from his basement while they're at it

I don't think even RE fans know what they want any more. RE "fans" should just have left the series alone after 6, but instead they had to ruin it for everyone.

4 hours long generic TPS

Re4 2: Electric Boogaloo

Nobody cares about this washed up hack anymore

Daily reminder that retrofags bashed The Evil Within and got RE7 in return. Ignore any opinion that seems to be coming from one who feels important because he plays his dad's games.

t. your dad

This guy is one of the biggest reason (Inafune is another) that people shouldn't idol worship the game devs. It takes an entire team of passionate and talented people to create a game, not some hack director that basically just showed up to meetings here and there. The evil within was a travesty, and was so bad I couldnt even finish it, and I always try to finish games even if they're shit. The game gave me literal nausea for almost a week after I stopped.

Game devs = Directors

why doesn't he just dragon kick his ass out of bethesdas basement?

Conceptually, TEW was amazing. All problems and jankiness aside (partly because of Bethesda's quality assurance department, I bet), TEW is the next natural step up from RE4, which in turn was an evolution of the old RE games. There are so many different ways to conserve resources while still being able to defeat enemies, that makes engaging in combat really fun instead of just avoiding/running away from threats most of the time, which doesn't make for an enjoyable game to me. I know that opinion tends to piss off the pure horror and atmosphere fags, but those things simply don't have much staying power in the long run.

Funny how you're basically saying all the other good games he's directed were a result of a competent team, but as soon as he's involved in one bad game, all the blame falls on him and he's now a "hack". Here's the thing, even at his worst (supposedly), he's still responsible for creating a far more compelling experience than 90% horror games these days, which are essentially just youtube bait.

In a perfect world, he'd be making another Goof Troop. The world needs more of those.

Agreed. RE's current developers are just retarded fans making terrible fanfics. It needs to stop.

user please, the shitty forced stealth and scripted sequences were by far the worst, nobody's complaining about the resource management or base combat, so don't pretend the whole game is like the village. 90% of it is just scripted bullshit.

It was also released around the same time as Alien Isolation. So, the gulf in quality was apparent. The Evil Within did sell well enoough, though.

Vanquish was awesome, take that back!

I remember IGN giving it 2 or something when it came out. I should've noticed how cancerous these gaming sites were back then.

Why would anyone even care if its a terrible fanfic game as long as it has GOOD GAMEPLAY? My complaint is that RE7 appeased nobody even after how much it took from the first games of the series. And now we won't get anything like RE6 again, a game which has absolutely amazing gameplay and some really great online components in agent hunt. All of what was glorious about RE6 is now fucking gone because a few fans were still crying "BUT ITS NOT LIKE MY TANK GAMES" which hadn't been relevant for over a decade.

So they got a game that, while it wasn't "muh cinematic camera angles tank controls" was still a solid and mostly-classic RE experience and we still get tons of retards crying "BUT ITS NOT LIKE MY TANK GAMES" about the same fucking bullshit and rate as before.

RE "fans" don't know what they want and should just shut the fuck up.

RE 5/6 were the natural steps from RE4. Don't even try to hide it. If you want to complain about co-op sure we can meet at a point where we both say co-op shouldn't be forced into the gameplay. But the rest is exactly the natural evolution of RE4 into a more action-oriented franchise without puzzles that RE4 started. Its not like RE games were ever scary and there's absolutely nothing about RE4 that's resource management unless you play like absolute dogshit.

And like the RE series, the less said about TEW's story, the better.

Thanks for proving my point. REturd.

I already said thanks for proving my point. REturd.

I'm betting you're not even in your 20s, kid. Don't you have a Call of Duty to be playing?

I agree that people shouldn't see directors as rockstars, but a good director can make or break a game. Mikami had a really good track record until TEW, but I don't think it was his or his team's fault that game was a blunder.
I suspect it failed because the team was inexperienced and shouldn't have been rushed, but ontop of that they were published by fucking Bethesda, who are known for sabotaging projects and fucking with milestones. As far as I know every studio under them, save for their TES team, gets put into a bad situation and gutted.

Only making it worse for yourself. REturd. So knock yourself out.

Fucking called it. They did the exact same thing with Arkane.

I love how you can't even defend the shitty games you love so much. All you can do is call anyone who disagrees with you a boring shitty grade school level insult you came up with that doesn't even have the edge a proper insult should have. I mean for fucks sake you're using the word turd like a 12 year old. At least say REcuck or REfag or REshitter or anything on at least a high school level. Pretty pathetic to be honest fam. Maybe next time you should get better bait.

Just posting a reply with a link to the REturd's post so he will continually get further triggered and prove my point about the REturd mentality even more.

So you admit that you're baiting. Okay thanks famalam.

Another reply for the same reason.

You sure masterminded me. No way anyone will ever see through your master plan.

(checked)
You know he's just going to call you a "REturd" again.

REturd still showing why the fandom should never be listened to.

Of course he is. I'm just proving why RE6 fags should never be listened to and he keeps proving it further for me. Pretty great given he thinks the opposite is going on.

I liked piecing together the story, unlike most braindead critics I like how it didnt exactly tell you everything and it expected you to figure it out yourself through background items and the like. That said my main problem with it is that its all over the place in terms of quality, sometimes its a successor to REmake, sometimes its a successor to RE4, and other times it devolves into RE6 shit. I just wanted a bit more consistency.

RE7 though seems to be closer to what I wanted from Evil Within, a basic horror game. Thats not to knock TEW but I just wanted it to be a true return to survival horror but its all over the place.

i liked RE7, it was a good movie

RE6 may not be a good "horror" game, but it's fucking amazing if you go into without those expectations and enjoy it for what it is - an over the top CUHRAZY action game complete with classic Capcom cheese. Shit, even you don't like that style of gameplay you should at least appreciate the fact it was a complete game at launch and had a metric fuck ton of content on disc without any DLC fuckery which is a rarity among AAA titles these days.

He's just a REturd who will complain about any game that isn't the first 3 or 4 numbered games. (Not counting spinoffs because that complicates things too much).

vid related

Is "REturd" all you got? Can't you defend your game without calling your opponents names? Also, it should be "REtard", not "REturd".

I can't unsee the giraffe blowjob
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA