Crazy game general

When's DMC5?
Crazy game general I guess

I honestly don't dig bayonetta, apart from the secret boss who was pretty fun.
Also the PS3 versions the worst isn't it.
Never played 2 because it was on the WiiU because no one else wanted to fund it.

Also Nero's arm is pretty much QTE as well.

It should be a clear evolution, adding QTE's for the sake of cinematics isn't that.
Not really, it's never needed or pushes prompts at you, if you know you can do it you can do some spectacle attacks on bosses that are staggered as reward for constantly rushing them without letting them push you back but you can still just whale on them for more style points.
You can counter like 3 attacks in the game with it, it also on most basic enemies is worthless as it offers no I frames while you're stuck doing your attack on the single enemy. (Unlike Bayonetta's torture attacks)

Under that same definition, parrying in a soulsborne, For Honor, etc. is a QTE as well

Actually royal guard in DMC3 and 4 is sorta QTE as well.
So yeah get fucked, Bayo is DMC5 through and through.

Are you retarded?
Pressing a button to shoot is a QTE, last of us is DMC 6, you jump in the new crash game so that makes Crash HD DMC 7, Persona 5 has you moving the analog to move, look at that QTE Persona 5 is DMC 8: Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

I know that you're being ironic, but I wonder if you can prove yourself wrong using the same basic logic.

By your dumb ass logic any game where you do any sort of textile input to do any action is a QTE meaning every game is a sequel to literally any previous game made ever.

Well with nero's arm it's always the same animation playing against the same enemies in the same situations, especially with bosses. So I dunno mate, it's pretty QTE to me. Similar to triangle spam in KH2.

A QTE is a movie that pauses itself so you can have the pleasure of hitting the play button. None of the shit you're talking about is QTEs.

It's not much of a game, but is Asura's Wrath crazy?

Except 1 it actually does change on the context, if you grab some enemies from behind that he's normally pick up and drop he'll now suplex, also changes if he's got DT or not.
2: it's never prompted unlike KH's or Bayonetta's mid battle QTE's, if you use buster a single action move and it does that single action it's because you the played wanted to do it unlike in the case of a QTE where it causes a move to not work as intended, outright fail or cause you a sudden game over.
3:Like another user said a QTE pretty much puts the game on hold to let it happen, while Nero's buster is still happening in real time, his hurt box is still active and can be hit out of it unlike a lot of Platinum style QTE moves.
Because you have brain problems.

Anime of the year 2012

There is a difference between a QTE and just timing a move:
During a QTE the player is presented with a scripted cutscene in which a command prompt is shown. The player then must do the command in a short period of time to continue with the cutscene recieve damage/loose the game.
Timing a movie doesn't break the flow of the game.

Haven't seen one of these threads in a while. Right now I'm playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja difficulty; it's pretty fucking hard and with some sections Team Ninja went overboard in terms of enemy numbers and projectiles. Most of the time it's incredibly fun though. There's something about the controls and animations in this game that makes it feel extremely satisfying, more so than any other action game I've played. Being able to kill most enemies with 1-3 hits contributes to that as well.
I've also been playing quite a bit of Nioh and while I wouldn't necessarily call it a CUHRAYZEE game a lot of the mechanics actually remind me a little of DMC rather than NG. Stances are sort of like Styles, with mid stance enabling parrying (Royal Guard), low stance improving your dodging (Trickster) and high stance giving you the strongest attacks (Swordmaster). Ki Pulse works a bit like Nero's Exceed with different timing and you can even juggle enemies with projectiles. It's not nearly as complex as DMC but a lot of fun nonetheless.

Nioh from the little I seen looked like if Onimusha survived the ps2 era, I can't get it because no modern console, is it good?

I really like it. The combat is pretty deep for an Action-RPG, there are some great boss fights and the level design is surprisingly complex. The random loot can be off-putting for some people but you can easily ignore most of that and simply equip the weapon with the highest damage number and sell everything else. If you actually care about the other stats though you can do some neat things like having a certain % chance to not consume a projectile or buff when used, making the magic and ninja tools actually useful. There's also a lot of shit to do in that game, I think I've already played it for over 100 hours.
If you're ever going to get a PS4 it's definitely worth buying. I can't really compare it to Onimusha in terms of gameplay because so far I've only played the first one but the art style and atmosphere are very similar.

Glad to hear good things about it, in like 5 years when I get a PS4 I'll pick it up

No but its a good anime.

neverever