RHYTHM GAME GENERAL

THE TIME HAS COME ONCE AGAIN

RHYTHM GAME GENERAL
WHICH DEVIL'S GEAR WOULD YOU FUG?

For all the arcadefags, Nostalgia is out
For all the mobilefags, Arcaea is out

What rhythm games do you play user? I sure do hope they're not shit! Discuss all rhythm games here, we welcome all, everyone is entitled to their own terrible opinion that is different to mine.
If you discuss data you're gay.

RESOURCES
Helpful repo ran by our Australian workforce. If you need help setting up something ask in the thread/discord or look in the repo.
rggrepo.pbworks.com/w/page/114894091/Main

/rgg/ discord discord.gg/mwySQCB
Come shitpost with us

Other urls found in this thread:

owatatsu.pasta-soft.com/
twitter.com/SOUNDVOLTEX573/status/844096954720182273
pastebin.com/GDGQrfDE
twitter.com/SOUNDVOLTEX573/status/845159963164999680
dl.free.fr/AF40Mw/BMShare?F=658636
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for love and justice

first for bemani bias

Rhythm vs Rhythm.
Play it for five hours straight.

Any of you guys play love live school idol festival?

But where are the idols?

they've ascended!

Time to join the BMS master race.

I can't afford me one of those fancy, PC compatible DJ DAOs.

Get an adapter for your KOC or join the keyboard gods.

The best way to play.

No point if there's no idols.

Y'all niggas posting in a BMS thread

No I play Starlight stage because the idols there don't look like lifeless dolls. Something about the Love live eyes annoy the shit out of me. Probably the fact that they're all the same with a different extremely unnatural colour even by anime standards. Also I generally like the music in [email protected]/* */ more. I don't know how jewish llsif is but deresute can be played fully for free to the point that it sometimes makes me wonder how they can keep it running. Pumping out 3 songs a month can't be cheap but I guess they must be getting ridiculous money from people who really love their waifu.

There's a reason why I still haven't watched love live and that's because the art just looks bad. The colours look shitty, characters look bland, faces look lifeless. Something about it just makes me hate it even though I know nothing about it.

Your loss

I only play love live charts.

playing on kb is better than not playing at all.
also just get a koc adapter user.

Yeah I'm exactly the same way. I was looking for a rhythm game for mobile and the two options were pretty much LLISF and Deresute because I didn't want to pay for songs and I went with the latter right away when I looked at footage of them. They both look like competent rhythm games so the aesthetic and music matters a lot and both seem to be better and more varied in Deresute. A lot of people who play both seem to think Deresute is better anyway so I don't feel like I missed much. It's hard to tell though because LLISF is also in English and has a more successful anime, both being things the CG branch of [email protected]/* */ lacks, so if you ask a westerner they'll probably just rather go with Love live because it's easier.

just pirate them dude

Haven't read about any adapters that are great, so if you have any suggestions that'd be great.

Most games you can grind them without paying e.g. Hachi Hachi which has multiplayer as well.

Preach.

the adapters have some delay but thats easily fixed with offset.
there are some gods who play with them

brook's ps2 to ps3/ps4 adapter seems to work fine with the us/jkoc

not same

Osu a shit
a shit

same

Agreed, although I will admit it must be extremely difficult to make original charts/graphics for them and that lack of original stuff hampers it.

I tried voez but my phone screen is too big and it's annoying.

Good movie.

A product of it's time. Much like Wayne's World and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, this movie would not work today. And it was attempted, it would be cancer incarnate.

Oh man, this looks amazing. Thanks.

Just dew it user.
You wont regret it.

owatatsu.pasta-soft.com/
Thread game btw.

Wake up niggers

We're back, baby.

the glorious return of bzybot
praise dolce

Anyone here ever played this meme?

bump

Even if that were my first AAA, I'd still feel proud of it.

MENES? In my BMS?
It's more likely than you think.

when the fuck is raindrop gonna be finnished

never tm
progress is being made though as far as I know

bumpu

Man that looks way nicer than Groove Coaster on android.

No shit, Arcade hardware is a lot better than most of the hardware present in android and apple devices.

I played it and it's fucking fun

The arcade version shits all over the mobile version

Groove coaster ac also has one of the most satisfying controllers on the fucking planet. It's a really fucking fun game

I know some people have it harder but why does the nearest round 1 have to be an hour away

Welcome to arcades in America

There are like 7 of them around Los Angeles but none closer to San Diego, but there are plenty of asians here too

I'm working on a mobile rhythm game with chunithm-like slide holds and other inputs (no air inputs though obviously).

It will be free as in freedom. Currently I'm working on a chart format, but I've already got the basic idea and just need to implement it.

I should mention but currently only tap inputs are implemented right now (and they are sort of a placeholder anyway for until I get the format implemented). The video doesn't show it but they can span multiple lanes.

Yall niggas serious? you aint talkin' bout literally the best Action Rhythm Strategy RPG game in existence?

i've been playin the heckers out of this recently and after watching some taiko drum master and DK bogo blast (donkey konga) i had a brilliant idea, what if i took two sets of DK bongos and mapped them in PPSSPP and played patapon with drums?

Sounds neat, I could use a more complicated version of Piano Tiles 2.

Sounds difficult to map.

i dunno, if you have two sets of drums that four "buttons" and there are four psp shape buttons, which in patapon are used to play the drums, so i think it would be fine

and to support my theory of mapping two sets of drums to a single computer, there was this speedrunner who played darksouls using the bongos - if i remember his name i'll post the vid

I've seen you around, good luck user.

bump

Is Don ok? He doesn't look his usual self.

Da-don!

What should I do in this case? Just tell the user
"fuck you get better accuracy"?

If it's not clear from the video, what I'm emulating is the case where a player might try to hit the first note with wider-than-necessary tap, but they stuck out to the right so that button triggered the second note even though the player only meant to hit the first one (and so they tap again on the timing of the next note)

Also yes I copy pasted this from halfchan

So I don't really play rhythm games at all but I played the taiko game in an arcade once and it was really fun, is there any way to play this on the PC?

yeah man there's a game called osu! and it has a taiko mode!

Don't a lot of people shit on that in these threads or are they just memeing?

Not sure about them but I'm memeing

You could have two miss types like LR2 where they distinguish between mashing and actually missing i.e. perhaps the player should be penalized for health but not combo for hitting "too wide" into an upcoming note, but not missing since they're not actually trying to hit that note just yet. You definitely shouldn't remove notes before they hit the judgeline.

Weird Al should have made another movie, UHF was great

emulate the wii games with dolphin

cranky bump

necrobump

tfw this game's probably never coming west

If it's not Rock Band it's never coming to the west. While I appreciate Harmonix's tenacious approach to securing licencing and stuff, I do miss the skill based gameplay from Japanese music games.

Now, when I say "come west" I mean "Round 1 and/or Dave and Buster's gets cabs for its American arcades," which is something that Round 1 has already done with games like IIDX, Sound Voltex, and DDR, and MaiMai is hopefully coming soon as well.
It's far from impossible (if you want that, Pop'n and Jubeat are the other way), but not likely in the immediate future.

I forget arcades are a thing. I miss having home versions of stuff.

never ever

How to get better at taka.s?

you practice 1048 instead

but i'm not gay user.

is Parappa 2 worth playing?

This is unheard levels of fuckery

I wouldn't get your hopes up with that one. Even if it does fully come over it probably won't be online.

Dont say that user, ther were rumours of Chunithm coming over to murriland. Im sure they weren't baseless!

Nah, they said that they'd get AIME support for MaiMai. Plus, the game requires an internet connection to Sega's ALL.net network in order to actually function, so an offline cab is out of the question.

~ OR SO THEY SAY ~

iirc you would have to resetup the whole cab normally every x number of credits or so

I'm only basing this off the Round 1 Twitter were people were saying how you can only play one song and it's not even connected online. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding out hope. I'm just glad Groove Coaster is online, Sound Voltex is at it's latest version, and crossbeats is at least half decent.

The bit about people only playing one song was from later in the Dave and Buster's location test, and not from the Round 1 location test, as far as I can remember, but the part about it being offline is something I cannot verify for myself.

4k is a solved game

ドン カツ ドンドンカツ ドン ドドカ ドン カツ ドン ドドカ

osu

more like gay

The only rhythm game I can somewhat handle is Rhythm Tengoku.
I hope I will be able to emulate the newest one sometime.

Is Rhythm Heaven 3DS good? It looks like a rehash of a lot of Rhythm Heaven fever along with what looks to be shit games.

Do you play DP?

4k is best k

check your key privilege

Bumping with a classic.

THERES A GIRAFFEEEEEEEEE

The main one I play is Theatrhythm 2. I like Final Fantasy music and it has a few Bravely Default/TWEWY songs, which is nice. Yes, it's casual as fuck compared to any real rhythm game.

holy fug what

Only a couple DLC tracks. Twister and Calling. Apparently it has some Nier music too.

Pump it up is
the best
rythmn game

all others do not even hold a candle to superior dancing rythmn game.

Pump it up has a middle button where you can actually do DANCING instead of stomping like a retard on DDR

yoooo what

The song names don't mean anything to me because I didn't get them, but they're "Hills of Radiant Winds" , "Shadowlord", "Song of the Ancients / Devola", and "Kainé / Salvation". DLC though.

banger incoming

Linka was better.

how do i know i should play 7k?

Do you like fun? Play 7k!

Give it a solid try for a week, don't expect to play as good as you play 4k. You'll know if you're finding it fun.

Any anons have voez on switch? how's it

Probably the same it is and has been on phones for years.

Yeah I miss Linka already

You can switch back to her on the Avatar/Title screen but she'll now forever be second to that twin-tailed whore.

fuck

enjoy your combos and whore benis vagina loose timing windows :–DDD:D:D:DD

Holy shit, Kemono Friends OP is going to be in Taiko AC!

why?

Ignore the autist.

rhythm heaven general

bumpan with fests

also this chart is like the biggest voltex shitpost ever concocted

hard piano game

I am gonna stroke my dick now.

godspeed user

thanks camellia

What the fuck was that? It's like the musical equivalent of shitposting.

megamix is good, shit tons of games and challenge train which gets actually hard in the last world. remixes are quality also

Anons, I've only played the arcade taiko no tatsujins, which would you recommend? I could go for any of the ds,3ds,wiiu ones

play the 3ds and wii u ones, also try v version and taiko dx if you can

OwO!!! whats this?

can you use buttons in the wii u ones

yes, you can use the gamepad, wiimote or a classic controller

Thanks my man. Got any recommendations about which ones have the best song selection?

you should get all of them since they're around 2GB + 400MB DLC each, my personal favorite is tokumori

Taikojiro works but has a very limited song selection. If you have a 3ds you should pirate the 3rd game cause you can get custom DLC that has Vita and PSP songs.

iidxlovers

Any Braindance games?

twitter.com/SOUNDVOLTEX573/status/844096954720182273

Noma's Brain Power will be removed at Sound voltex at 3/28.

;-;

I've started playing Phase Shift. I'm slowly getting back into the rhythm of playing a plastic guitar

Here's a translation of NOMA's tweets on the matter.

pastebin.com/GDGQrfDE

bumpan with best rhythm game

japanese shitposting is next fucking level.

Press F for Brain Power guys

F

Not a bad move I guess. Sucks that Konami want's full reign over songs just to put them on SDVX.

I wonder why though, C-Show played music is the answer at gigs and it was fine. I guess it just depends on the contract or whatever?

bump

twitter.com/SOUNDVOLTEX573/status/845159963164999680
ITS BACK BOYS
ONLY ONE PUR

ONLY
ONE

obligatory

you guys want to see fast?
THIS is fast

Made progress on Tuneism. I can import SM (stepmania pre-5.0) maps for testing now. It supports normal notes, bpm changes, and stops. I chose stepmania files since they aren't keysounded and would be easier to support earlier on in development.

Once I make a better file selector (in mobile you can't select a folder to change to from the list, that's why my sm file was at the top of storage), I'll be ready to add real features.

(Copy-pasted from halfchan)

Whats it going to be playable on?

Android and possibly Windows/Linux/OSX if I can find a good multitouch touchpad that's suitable for testing and playing. Godot doesn't currently support touch devices on desktop platform so I might have to contribute support for that also.

The game would probably work on iOS also but I don't have an iDevice to test on.

Oh you're using Godot? I was thinking of making a rhythm game in it.

NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS

What did he mean by this?

What's the left half of this image from?

Kaiden's Reward

bump

You'll find out when you hit Kaiden

Was a DJMax kind of guy until Technika 2. Then switched to Cytus. And right now Rhythm Heaven. Much comfy and rhythm.

Rhythm heaven is nice but not for extended periods of time.

Pretty much experiencing it for the first time user, I can see why. I did not know it even existed until I slowpoke saw the wrestler interview meme that I found this game few months ago. Glad I still have my Wii.

Its a great game but its essentially warioware.
Doesn't have much of a high skillcap or anything which is one of the main reasons why many people play rhythm games. Cant get too invested into it sadly.

bumpin with some ridiculous freestyle IIDX play

bump

bumpan

I guess I'll never play Gambol again.

dude piracy lmao

looks like you're going to need to join a sekrit club

time to make connections fam
also play actual bms event sogns theyre fucking great

if you want iidx songs play iidx you fag

It's too bad outphase died. They were my go-to for everything BMS or related music CDs when I was first starting out. No idea if a spiritual successor ever popped up. If you actually want to put the effort into getting on sows one of your best bets is hanging around in their IRC. Either that or can usually grab one in another private tracker's invite forum, if you play that game.

Or, if you're really patient, you can just grab the BMS files from this incredibly slow french download site that has somehow remained untouched for years: dl.free.fr/AF40Mw/BMShare?F=658636

This. BMS of Fighters packs are fantastic.

Why would you though when you have the potential to select any song from the series from a single menu on PC? (Aside from obvious adapter latency issues, of course.) Plus you can add in other bms stuff like BOF or overjoy (as if) alongside it. It's not omnimix or anything, but it still works pretty well for what it is. Not to mention trying to play anything other than empress CS is far more hassle than it's worth these days.

Timing windows/bgas/backspin scratches/early-late etc

Theres prob something else

just mod your PS2 and play EMPRESS

Can't believe I forgot something so rudimentary. Did have bgas up to sirius AFAIK and BSS when I used LR2 though. I forgot that the sows bms repository was so low effort that they didn't even bother to fix things like backspin. French link above is indirectly where I got most of my BMS originally. Comparing the file sizes to what I've got archived they should contain the videos as well.

but lr2 just doesn't support backspin.
Unless you mean adding the extra note at the end of scratch cns.

btw you can use that mass download link with jdownloader to get all of it at once.

Fug :DDD

What did he mean by this /rgg/?

>>>/1cc/

leggendaria cucks not welcome fuck off shill
you too dendy

kill yourself, seriously

arcade games are 4 fags

The fuck is all these sekret club and elitism for anyway?

Been trying to, but my TV isn't playing nice as far as timing.

bmsworld is fucking shit
everything from it is available on the actual event pages that the bms files came from in the first place.

sekrit klubs are for you'll find out when you get in
not really

also the admin is a cuck

Yep, I got that feeling from the .nz on the website name.

he charged money for joining to be able to dl shit which is freely available from other sources

Yeah like 95% of the shit on there you can get from that french site. Other than that it has some EZ2 stuff.

bump

we back?

april fools

is this a joke or a meme

april fools

wriss up, tap lightly, more stam == longer session == learn more
glgl

not a meme
i recommend wrist down if you dont want fucked up joints

dont listen to this guy

aaahhh yes
no more /1cc/

scitation needed……………….
By wrist up i mean wrists level but raised, works best if your chair has armrests.

someone explain the foon (^^) meme to me

Anyone got the Hannah Montana DLC for Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for the PS3? Willing to game share a huge library of games.

UH OH

JAM ALERT

(^^)

So weird to see old style Beatmania in IIDX.

That 5key throwback though

God, I love Sinobuz.

I miss when Harmonix wasn't shit

Got a good place to download songs?

What's shit besides Rock Band 4's lethargic drip of features and Rock Band VR might be shitty?

Phase Shift still exists?

Thanks korea

that 5k aesthetic

IIDX USB/PC controllers exist at all?

DJ DAOs, DJ Nings, JKOCs, USKOCs, I think Rainbow makes some too?

what said and now also official konami ones.

mines were a mistake

No self respecting music game based on Stepmania would have those , right?

If I wanted to play minesweeper I wouldve nigga

i don't like fun either

dont mash like a retard and stop using outdated themes

if you cant handle them go to o!m

Beat juggle is one of the best event songs in sino tbh.

also, when is tux going to stop being a fuck and actually do some ez2slacking.

never

Only one post left!!!!!

Don't waste posts like that.

PLEASE CALM DOWN

lets all watch a dolce stream together

I wanna play nostalgia

dont get koccy

It's not quite a keyboardmania revival, but I'll take it. I just hope it survives long enough in Japan for it to make it overseas in some way.

Nice, he plays Himiko [黒] at 49:50.

I think the fact that Nostalgia is so mashable is going to either make it or break it. It might go like chunithm and become a smash hit due to easy curve or it might completely bomb because everyhting will be perfected in fucking no time whatsoever.

DA as sound director for a bemani when
C-Show as sound director for a bemani when

Page foruteeeen

Guitar Hero

More like Deemo IIDX

thats not exactly a bad thing