Vidya with Housing

Maybe it's just an age-related thing, but I've recently noticed that vidya where you can build and decorate your own home feel extremely satisfying for me. Not so much as in The Sims games where you can just buy your crap from a big catalogue, but rather stuff where finishing certain quests or crafting items allows you to change the looks of your house.

The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 / New Vegas obviously rank high in this because Gamebryo games actually were developed as home decoration simulators first and foremost (doubly so if you know how to create your own homes via the respective editor), but I'm curious what other games give you a kind of central relaxation/travel hub where you can see marks for various crap you did in-game.

Honorary mentions to the apartment(s) in Vtm:B.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tonka_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am curious if there is an MMO out there with a Rape Dungeon as part of housing?

Fuck off, shill

i remember Bully would put decorations up in your dorm for when you beat certain missions

Fallout 4 of course.

This. Be sure to get the season pass too so you don't miss out on all the amazing DLC

You get various banners and trophies from the bosses you kill in Terraria.

Was there ever a Tonka Truck video game? I fucking loved Tonka Trucks.

These fine anonymous gentlemen know their video games!

An excellent suggestion to get the Season Pass to Fallout 4® for a great time of the original poster's need to build houses in an already fantastic game.

There were atleast 2. One that i played a shit ton was a house building game where you would build the outside of a house and put windows and decorations on it. I loved it.

Holy shit there's 15

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tonka_video_games

To an extent, you can make your own living area in Divinity:Original Sin.

Ideally you just set up in any empty dwelling near a travel gate, and either smuggle in your stolen furniture or take it from dungeons where it isn't "owned". You don't even need to be indoors, you can set up an outdoor market with walls of chests and drop items on top of the chests as a way to identify what's in them.

As an example, I took over a house in the main city and dumped into it a bunch of cool props from a mid-game temple, took a bunch of chandeliers from an abandoned house across town, and then stacked/rotated them in a way that made a box fort with good lighting.

cont.

So, in the end, it really isn't like a player housing but an exercise in placing objects to pretend you have one.

I don't want to spoil the game because it's a fantastic tactical RPG with a campaign over 50 hours long (at least for people who explore, do every side quest, and read fluff), so I haven't included a picture of my particular camp.

god dam i remember playing those when i was a kid on my dads sick top tier win 95 beige box

You had an apartment you could really get in to decorating your apartment in Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's not a difficult game in that you straight up cannot lose, so it's good if you want a comfy game.

SWG, now SWGemu, also has the option of crafting your own furniture to decorate your house with. There's also special quest/loot that can be used for decorations, although not many. Most of it is crafting-only. I mention it because you have the ability to drop pretty much anything into your home, then move it around wherever you want. It also lets your items clip into each other, so you can create some unique looking things. You don't have control over how the layout or the outside looks, though, but there's a fair amount of different houses from which to buy.

Black Desert's housing is really comfy, tons of locations from which to pick a room and place furniture that you either get from npcs, hunting, or crafting. Same can be said for Final Fantasy XIV.

Second Life

I play it every day. Fix up my house, visit places with people I know, warp around the world. It's a great game.

Mechanically implemented or visually?

Off the top of my head:
- Black Desert (you can have a house and meidos)
- Planet Explorers (you can design your own furniture and houses)
- Elder Scrolls game (to a limited degree)
- Shroud of the Avatar

Once you finish all the Dark Brotherhood quests in Skyrim you can literally buy a torture chamber but you can't build it or design it yourself and there is no real interaction with it, but it's there.

Literally Runescape

Animal Crossing is basically built on this idea until New Leaf. One of the only "goals" in the game is paying your mortgage to get a bigger house to put more decorations in.

Was New Leaf not still primarily a house decoration simulator?

Well New Leaf makes you the mayor, so your concern now includes how the town looks along with your house you also start in a tent instead of a house

Neat. I've only played the original. Kinda want to play it now but it's not supported by Citra.