Shadow of War Gameplay

It's flashy, but I'm gonna just pass

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1SXER
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doesn't that defeat the entire point of the nemesis system?

Gonna need a source on that, user.

The game looks interesting, yet I'm sure they will manage to fuck it up.

It would be much much better if the game was only about orcs. Or even better, an orc civil war to control Mordor after Sauron is defeated with your character being a custom orc who may or may not be a nice guy.

thats what i understood from the video. walled off, semi-linar levels with an overworld that's like mount and blade

i dunno since i never played the first

All style, no substance
Might be worth 20 bucks if they don't fuck up.
RIP Monolith

I was also thinking that, but according to this interview, it's similar to how SoM does it.
archive.is/1SXER

Sounds like each fortress is in a region map, and they might be broken up like how the two regions in SoM were broken up. Would explain how you can then control whatever captains you want to find. Article also says that depending on who controls the main fortress of the region dictates the overall style of the region as well, like how the fortress in the video changes when you capture it. The only question is whether or not you could simply waltz up to a fortress like in the previous game and just scout around and do stupid bullshit. If so, could you find the captains there to take them out/control before you siege the fortress?

Not worth it, the last game which I pirated was entirely gimmicky, especially the Nemesis system (which they fucking won multiple shill awards) didn't like the lore rape, didn't like the fucking attacking so much and shitty DLC, and fucking hate the Orcs, use fucking black speech to make them menacing, the fucking english accents just suck. Also Arkham Insurgency which is also by fucking Warner Kikes should be revealed real soon, and it's gonna be the same shit.

Warner is probably one of the worst publishers I have ever seen.
They're small as shit and they are only relevant because of their licensed shit.

I probably enjoyed the first one a lot more because I never gave a shit about LotR.
This one looks fun too. The animal taming was always gimmicky, but I like the idea of the nemesis system being used to build your allies as well as your enemies. Ratbag was fun the first time, so I hope the friendship mechanic works like that.
They sort of glazed over the necromancer class for your allies. It sounds interesting though, so I hope that's good too.

Gorkamorka game with these mechanics?

Ditching the open world would probably be a mistake. The combat was shit but sneaking around enemy forts and gathering intel was a lot of fun, and half the fun of the nemesis system was bumping into random captains and warchiefs while you were fucking about.

The combat was the dullest part of the game. So building the whole game around it would be retarded, since it doesn't appear to have been changed in any meaningful way whatsoever.

Who is the audience for this exactly?

I'm still waiting for my arcadey racer set in Gorkamorka, user. Some things just won't ever happen. Games Workshop is just sitting on some fucking gold and they're too retarded to realize it.

A friend got me Shadow of Mordorks and still can't get it to run without a black screen 10 seconds into the main menu.

Normalfags

Check those double dubs. And maybe any 'nerd' who doesn't care about the source material or believe he is smarter than the people who complain.

For example I have a huge DC fan friend who loves Man of Steel. But of course he is a Batman fan.

Nobody cares about Warhammer anymore. Besides, Games Workshop are the worst offenders of whoring up their brands.

Another doubledubs.

They didnt even fix the bad walking/running.

They also pride themselves on not doing any market research, which still baffles me. I hope one day they crash and burn and some company decides to actually do something with the license.

I guess it does have those flashy graphics, gameplay that's just a over the top cutscenes to make you feel cool, and tons of gore.

Is it getting hype at the moment?

Yes, like mid sized hype since Warner is small time compared to shit like EA or Activision even with licensed shit.
One could even argue they're AA.

Been diggin, and yeah seems like people are hyped about it. Style over substance, as they say.

What else has Warner published that was big besides Arkham and Mortal Kombat?

F.E.A.R and Lego
Thats literally it

Assuming the Nemesis system interventions aren't pure bullshots, the concept of supporting and opposing NPC interaction (IE, ass saving and tricks like the flame cannon behind the gate the troll was battering) that's organic over the hood and spartan underneath to keep it from turning into unfunctional boondoggle is novel. The fact that it's 200% bullshot and will be neither of the above under it means that I'm not going to hold my breath.

WE WUZ DINEDAIN AN SHIIIIEEET

Ah, that explains why they're still around. That shit prints money for them.

Also Bastion.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that
Warner Bros are SJW as fuck
See: MKX

Bastion was a one time thing and not that big.
Devs are indie

Reading the Youtube comments gives me cancer. How easily can people be tricked? Besides the abillity to fly a drake, there doesnt seem anything interesting in it.

You forgot the constant Harry Potter games and Scribblenauts which is hopefully dead.

Tolkien's legacy about to be culturally enriched for CURRENT YEAR.

Its fucking IGn lad, why would you do that to yourself?

SO YOUZ BE TELLIN ME

Damn that sucks. Shadow of Mordor had a really good overworld. Tight as fuck.

Harry Potter was licensed to EA though
I'm pretty sure its dead
But I think they'll still try to make another one only fot it to be mediocre garbage and fail miserably.
So will Lovecrafts legacy
Get hyped

Are you one of the fags that likef that Space Marine garbage Relic developed?
Jesus fuck

Forgot about this, but alpha gameplay video? this game will be out in 6 months and already don't like the fucking portrayal of the Orcs, and hopefully at the end Tirion/Celebrimbor fails.

I just wish a game about orc dominance and managing your orc army.

Cool.
Cool.
Cool.
Not cool.
Shit.

There's a tonne of potential in it, but it is all wasted. The actualy gameplay is trash, therefore all surrounding mechanics are rendered irrelevant.

Might be fun for 10€ on a sale long after release.

You got your wish, but pirate it, some steam mod said the game won't have denuvo while also saying it doesn't affect performance, but we'll see if its true, if this is anything like the last game, it's gonna fucking eat storage space and will probably glitch a lot.

AYOOO!!!! HOL' UP!

Is that subhuman saying he will buy it if it HAS Denuvo?

IS YU SEYAN

Even if it had Denuvo, it would not affect performance, so rather aggressive and fucking retarded way to shill the game

Barring muh QTEs and muh lore, I'm liking what I see for the most part. So long as can roam around, be murdered by some no name dick, have them become big and have muh rivalries and sheeeeit with them, I'm happy as fug.

Also, seems like if it works like I think it does, the map is yuge with a TON of forts and shit, and not only will you be attacking, but Sauron and his lads will be attacking back as well. And if there's at least as much variety in enemies and events if not more-so than in SoM, I'm fine with it.

I wish you could also break the curse of the orcs cursed to bring them back into your side. Also take controlled orcs from different lands into other lands.

Well that's cool I guess

WE

WUZ

To be fair to those going piss about it,if this is like the last game, he gon die for sure , so no need to really give a shit about them.

I think you likely can remove the curse and bring them back by branding them and shit like you did the first time, tripsman.

HOL
UP

why does he just attack him like that?

SO YOU BE SAYIN

Because user, homeboy there is a Sovereign Citizen, and a KANG

*SMACKS ONE RING*

WE WUZ RANG KANGZ?

This amuses me much more than anything else has a right to.

Sauron didn't give a ring to niggers because he knows they're fucking useless.

Give nine rings to nine niggers and you won't be able to notice any significant difference in their behavior. You can't corrupt that which lacks a soul.

It was an attempt at the knockout game. But the dumb nigger decided to attack from the front instead of sucker punch from behind. Also, he swung like a bitch.

And thus became the Seal Negro.

RANG-O-TANG KANG??

???

WE WUZ GONDORIANS AND SHIEET!

Next you's be telling me that some innocent Hobbit QT girl will be doing it like a dog with some dirty filthy Haradrim…

I never thought I'd see Tolkein's works attacked by the cultural enrichmant of current year. Tolkein is the last bastion of white literature and now Warner Bros are going to cuck it up if they can!

Let's hope the game flops, let us meme it to be so, brothers!

He's just a stereotypical bong cuck that ruined the fantasy genre for everyone.

My time has finally come

You see, Warhammer was good and all, but it's a completely different universe alltogether.

Lotr is very fucking white, Tolkein may have literally been on the wrong side of history (propaganda posters against Germany from Britain was and still is really aggressive), but his work is very white and must be preserved.

What an autistic faggot

A gameplay trailer is meant to show how is the combat and they use an insta-execution cheat to show it? They wanted to be as cinematic as possible to hide that they changed nothing from the first game gameplay wise and will still remains an unchallenging batman clone. The fact that it is probably not open world won't save it from repetitivity since there will be like 10 castles in which you'll end up doing the same things over and over, pretty much like in the first game.Also

Not really, the story shills the values of diversity and different races coming together to fight a common foe (the hated Huns), and he displays that disgusting Christian trope of worshiping and glorifying weakness and meekness.

In the end Sauron didn't get defeated by the collective sacrifice of white men, no it was because two homosexual midget Jews threw a shitty ring into a volcano.

He basically takes a fat shit on Saruman for daring to get shit done and trying to drag Middle Earth out of the medieval pit the author stuck them in.

Fuck Tolkien.

this guy is annoying as fuck. killing basically the grunts of the orc armies, while he's leveled up all the way. There are other enemy types that counter you from spamming x the whole time and it can get difficult.

Only captains/chiefs with the proper ability can block x spam and not all of them have it

there are non-chief shield enemies, and I think even the dual wielding orcs had that ability

The only issue with shield enemies was that if you just swung at them enough, they would actually drop their shield, meaning that the X spam was still viable against them albeit slower. The dual wielding guys were assholes, but they never really showed up until the second region, and even then there weren't too many of them.

I agree but I would also add the ability to play play as an Orc or any number of Sauron's human allies: Easterlings, Southrons, Haradrim, Rhun, other assorted savages, and build up your forces to crush all enemies.

You can jump over them too, it is even the advised strategy against the shield enemies

The game would be better if it took place before Sauron's comeback and, as you said, you were playing as any of his underling races, squabbling over the control of Mordor.

The general idea is cool, but I don't think the developers have the ambition and talent to make it come true.

So they managed to make it even worse than SoM? That's an accomplishment on itself.

Passed a long time before this. Anyways with games like the new Zelda these shitty western open world games have a lot of work to do before Ill touch them again.

A fringe group of "trolls" (actually retards) defend denuvo as the savior of PC gaming since its "uncrackeable".

Rope yourself faggot, if you don't understand that Tolkien's glorification of the Shire represents a love for the countryside and a distaste for industrialisation (which Saruman represents) then I don't know what else to tell you. And if you think industrialisation is always good with no exception then I still don't know what to tell you. Factories and big cities bring social decay and spiritual death.
Also, anyone who claims there is a homosexual element to the story demonstrates that they are modern automatons without a soul who have never had a real friend in their entire lives. Sad!

Why hasn't anyone ripped off the Nemesis system yet?

I think scientific progress is vital to our survival as a species, unless you think behaving like niggers is all humanity has to offer.

I vehemently disagree with his retarded fetish for the countryside and a simple and humble life. That's christcuck "The meek shall inherit the Earth" thinking. Humanity should forever strive for the next great leap, to reach the new frontier, to topple old gods and lift themselves up by their bootstraps. We are not meant to wallow in our own filth and let God and his underlings dictate our progress.

It's obvious that Tolkien's ideal is burying your head in the sand and letting everything buttfuck you in the ass because that's what God wants.

Hobbits are gay in general, but Sam and Frodo are certified faggots. Tolkien dodged a bullet by giving them hairy feet, at least it kept the fujos away.

Maybe they pulled the same bullshit as with interactible loading screens

I wouldn't be surprised if devs have been trying to figure out how to replicate it since then. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if in the next 5 years we see vidya that uses it like crazy, unless they went full MUH IDEA FUCK OFF EVERYONE ELSE OR WE SUE U like said.

Technological progress isn't always worth the cost of social decay. I'm not even saying this in a retarded primitivist luddite way, I mean that certain technologies bring out the absolute worst in us. You'll eventually come to realise that city living isn't all it's cracked up to be, and if you think that living in the country makes you meek then again, I don't know what to tell you.

You've demonstrated once again that you have never had a real friend in your whole life. If you've never known fraternal love then you are literally dead inside.

The patent has expired yet no one in the industry bothered to have stuff like that in the games.

My guess is that the industry is just fucking lazy.

Nukes are the reason we're experiencing the most peaceful period in human history. They even call it the Long Peace.

Maybe I just don't like living without modern amenities, how about that?

You're still gay.

[citation needed]

Top kek, you think I was talking about nukes and weapons like some kind of pacifist hippy. I was talking about unnecessary shit like smartphones. How much social damage do you think shit like Tinder does? The good news for you is that country living comes with every modern amenity these days, minus the destructive social poison that comes with living in a crowded city full of shit and degenerates.
You'll never have a meaningful relationship with anyone and will die alone.

Mate, just because you're a boring person to talk to doesn't mean the rest of us can't have meaningful conversations with our peers.

>>>/suicide/

Multiculturalism in the context of european culture.

It is apparent that you are not familiar with the filth that posts in the steam forums. You are fortunate.

I'm torn.

There are some things shown in the video that I think are super cool, and if there's one company that can do A.I. right, it's Monolith. But on the other hand, combat and stealth looks virtually unchanged from the first game, while I was hoping they would add more stuff on top to make kicking ass more satisfying.

Also, the graphics look kind of unfinished, but that might be because it's alpha.

seems fun but i dont know how to feel since theyre raping the lore too much

EVERYONE, CHILL
is clearly a faggot trying to bait everyone. No sane man can spout such retarded bullshit

The Nemesis system is patented alongside games from three years out being developed. Maybe we will see some ripoffs this year.

I know Crackdown 3 is using it. But considering this game has MS marketing, was the first "Project Scorpio enhanced" game announced and is "Play Anywhere". I wouldn't be surprised if deals were struck for MS to use the patent in exchange for shilling it. But it's a very narrow and specific patent that was passed.

The load screen patent was way too broad that the USPTO revoked it and didn't allow Bandai Namco to renew it. But loading screens shouldn't really exist now which is why no one should use them. Depends on if a game. Konami got utterly fucked on their Bemani patents because it was too broad. So when they did try to bring suit against Harmonix and Activision over Guitar Hero. The judge told them if they proceeded that it wasn't looking favourable for Konami because of their own patents and advised them to start working a deal. Konami ended up having to drop the suit and paying for Activision and Harmonix's legal cost along with their own. At the same time, there are patents that are enforceable but companies don't charge to be a dick. WB Games owns the right to "Ghost Cars" in Racing games and doesn't enforce it for example.

Depends on how much it's infringing on your property. WB would have an investment in protecting the Nemesis system because it's completely unique and a selling point. It's also Narrow enough the USPTO would grant it. Nowadays the USPTO is striking down gaming patents that are too broad from the old era of arcade games. The "Ghost Car" one is expected to be up for renewal in 2018 but it sounds like the USPTO will strike it down instead.

Monolith said it was Xbone version shown in the trailer and readout on pixel count from the HQ trailer is dynamic rez between 900P-1080P so early and Xbone settings.

The war mechanic looks really interesting and fun. Shame about the combat.

They're going to pay for reviews again.

Stop talking about this game.