Ghost Recon Wildlands thread

Did you play it ?
Do you love it ?
Do you hate it ?
Are there a shit load of bugs ? yes.
Disscuss.

I've been watching lots of vids of this. Reminds me of The Division down to a T.

Vast open world with minute attention to detail but the gameplay depth of a puddle - check.

Retarded rushed enemy AI / pathfinding - check

Hilarious physics and collision bugs - check

But its fun with friends - check

Obligatory

Looks better than MGSV tbh.

Come on Ubisoft, you told this shit was to go away.

Triple A checklist shovelware/season pass bait and switch scam.

Pass, especially for 80$ canadollarydoo

Bonjour Yves Guillemot!

When I played the beta it felt like an improved version of the Division in terms of freedom and gameplay, although I hate that you couldn't switch the way you hold the weapon. The leveling system was shit (can't unlock stuff only with tokens goy, you also have to collect a bunch of X and Y), same goes for the weapon customization, I think it should've been tied to a currency that you could earn by doing missions, that way you could unlock the parts that you want.

I didn't have fun playing on that small part of the map with AI sidekicks and I have no friends so I won't get the game

The depth of Stealth machanics compared to MGSV is really shallow, the stealth still works and feels a bit like MGSV (crawling around enemies in mud to avoid detection, using decoy granades/noize maker drones, blowing up shit to create diversions ect. ect.)
Instead of great stealth mechanics you get pretty okay stealth that you can play with your friends

MGSV's stealth isn't fun and shallow as well. I'd rather play full action, but kuckjimer wouldn't let me. So yeah, this game sounds like a better deal. Plus, the world design is a lot better and the helicopter isn't cinematic.

it's not that bad, if you can't deal with clicking a few more buttons to invite your friends into a game then i honestly pitty your autism levels
you can still launch every jewbisoft game though steam, you don't even see the uplay windown unless you choose to open it or the overlay

You can just say you hate stealth gameplay, its okay.

I hate it, lots of people hate it, so many people hate it that they said they would drop it, they lied.
Now I hate it even more.

No, it really is horrible. Soldiers can't see you beyond 100 feet, you can ride a horse around a base without being detected even though you can see them, soldiers don't care about their fallen comrades. The AI of MGSV and the stealth itself were handled pretty badly. I love Splinter Cell, but MGSV is inferior in every way regarding stealth.

okay, what i meant by the """depth""" of stealth mechanics is the amount of gadgets(MGS tranq gun, the box, shit like that) and the general levels of AI retardation.
Wildlands definitively feels like it wasn't designed with stealth as the priority but it still works fine, if you would compare Wildlands to MGSV just from the perspective of stealth then MGSV would win by a long shot but overall you get more variety in approaching objectives in Wildlands just based off the fact that you can coop the whole game with 3 friends

with that said, MGSV stealth is just a little more polished with more toys, thats why im saying it's a bit better than Wildlands

True the AI in MGSV has a sight distance limit, although I think that was due to limitations in processing power considering you can have 20 soldiers AI running at the same time.

The MGSV enemy AI runs on a priority system, where they will ignore fallen comrades depending on whats more important.

It goes something like this
1. Sighted Enemy
2. Nearby Explosion/Shots
3. Fallen Comrades
4. Suspicious Noises

It lookfeels like they combined Watch Dogs and The Division. Same sort of bad driving and flimsy game engine.

fuck off to cuckchan with your marketing

MGSV's stealth really sucks and pointless though, so I'd rather play rambo mode.

Well that's nonsensical if the draw distance can be much further than the sight distance limit.

GOAP?

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY
angry hand of god strikes you down if you go full RWDS
It is fun with friends though, doesn't stand up on it's own so fuck that noise.

Don't worry you'll still get S rank as long as you're fast.

WE MGS THREAD NOW

Je suis millionnaire autiste et je n'ai pas d'amis, user
J'ai fait ce jeu pour trouver la faveur de mes camarades joueurs

back the indieshit anime visual novels hole with you

Well it depends if you want the game to play like ARMA or not.

in full daylight running can get you spotted at 80m, walking 60m, crouching, 40m, crawling 20m

however if the enemy is using a sniper rifle in alert mode, they can spot you at 100m out of cover no matter what. But their sight cone is reduced massively.

If they could see like you, the only thing that would matter is cover, and you'd be playing ARMA and sitting behind a box for an hour until you poke out with some binos, and the entire base goes on alert because someone you didn't see saw you.

UBISHIT QUALITY

How anyone who isn't 5 years old expected anything else if beyond me.

Is this another Watch Dogs and Division limitation on how to have as little fun in a sandbox? because this is just sad and pathetic.

But this game has regenerating health so I wouldn't play like ARMA.

Closest comparison I'd give between this game and arma is that it's a good idea to have a DMR laying down fire from a distance, but unlike arma if he's spotted, they won't just shoot him, they'll run all the way over to shoot him.

I refuse to believe anything displayed in that video took more than 6 months to put together, specially from a 300+ team of people. It almost feels like they scrapped everything half way and started over many times.

Yeah, that's just shit.

Open world environment takes a long time to design. The mechanics, well, that's mostly a different team.

Two (you)'s in one, noice. From what I played of the game I'd give it a solid 4/10 needs more time and polish. Lots more time and polish. If it wasn't typical ubisoft quality, it would be close to a 6

THAT’S A LEGITIMATE PROBLEM.
When your engine is holding you back from FUNDAMENTAL GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE, get a new fucking engine. There is no excuse for how shitty the Fox engine is.

Most games struggle to render more than 5 bodies on screen at a time unless it's just enemies rushing at you like serious sam

Played the open beta
No, but the character customization is amusing and the weapons customization is something I really like.
Do you hate it ?
It's incredibly flawed, the AI is near useless and the writing and dialog makes even me cringe.

I'm waiting for it to be cracked. This isn't worth my money even at a discount.

file moi tes millions, autiste

Dubs

back to the >>>/reddit/ >>>/cuckchan/ hell hole with you

most of the time the engine is limited by the specs of the console. After around 20 guys, fox engine will not render any more enemies until the ones in range disappear.

Where you can end up with a problem with enemies popping in at 20m because you just fultoned a guy out and dropped the render count.

im not defending jewbisoft
im defending the idea of companies charging people for their product what they want
you're either a poor neet or a commie to get pissed about triple A games having a pricetag you can't afford
jewbisofts business model is a trash as any other major game company and there's nothing you can do about it as an individualexcept getting butthurt
off to the ground from a helicopter with you commie

Wow look guys he made fun of this dev's name by insterting kuck on it, he is one of us!

I wanted to like it but the game actively prevents me. Not worth money at all.

Oh gee, another open-world sandbox game with a checklist of collectables and boring as shit gameplay, with dumb AI and bland shooting, how many has it been since the last one?

But hey… but it's fun with friends!™

Wait, hol up nigga. You can shoot stuff beyond 10 feet with iron sight? If my friends are getting it then I may as well. That right there makes up for bugs.

name one game with a multiplayer component that isn't improved by somehow getting your friends to join you

I thought we were done with Far Cry threads.

REDDIT NOT WELCOME

wuz

Stale bait there friend

Fill me in on the marxist poz. Is it as bad as what we saw in the beta?

Is there stronk womyn cancer? Muh oppressed POC? Faggotry?

Right off the bat what makes me rage the most is the fact that they took the name "Ghost Recon", which originally was one of the best tactical shooters ever released, and then slap it on this hodgepodge of try hard to do everything with lackluster result.

I bet it's handholdy as fuck and bullet sponge.

Shut the fuck up.

its boring as fuck

When is it getting pirated and how can we play it with other people without giving Jewbysoft any shekels

Have 4 friends who all play it
Convince me it'll be a fun team game
Buy it
Download it
Install it
Run it
Crash to desktop every time

If you install it to another HD other than the one your OS is on ubishit activates their anti-cheat and crashes your game. gg for peer pressure

Oh shit, that's why I could never get the Crew to run.

This shit better be shilling, holy fucking shit first For Honor and now this.
At least Steep looked fucking interesting

What the fuck? When was it removed?

dubs

I don't know how you find it surprising. One can hit a man-sized target from 500m using a m16 or competing rifle.

Mark being a faggot again?

Holy fuck something's changing on Holla Forums instead of it being a stagnant pool of piss. Name field getting removed is just about the smallest most inconsiquential thing and only affects generals with namefaggots but it's a start.

Because in most games the effective range of a non-scoped rilfe is about 50-100 meters. He wasn't talking about reality at any point in his post unlike you.

A shitty DRM-flavored lasagna

Was aids actually in a manga or is that just art from someone?

Made/edited, some faggots are pretty good at it.

It's not a ghost recon game but I can roleplay as a RWDS killing commie narco-terrorist so its fun