Mount & Blade:Warband

Bonerlord this year? Edition
Bonerlord will come out in some shape or form this year, is your anus prepared?

General mod recommendations:
Gekokujo - Historical Japan
Prophecy of Pendor - Fantasy and knights
Anno domini 1257 - Historical Europe
A Clash of Kings - Game of thrones
Floris Expanded - more refined Vanilla
Perisno - Fantasy & more Fantasy

Autistic Mod Ideas?
The Meme wars, Every Faction is a different meme, The sad frog faction, Tfw no gf faction, anything really or It could be different faction boards Holla Forums faction Holla Forums Holla Forums Holla Forums etc with all their memes warring against each other. I think it would be funny. I have no M&B modding experience, but I don't think it wouldn't be too hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XWOEx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Posting peasant tutorial

Looks like vanilla warband with shaders. Honestly I'm only looking forward to the custom swords.

Haven't played warband for almost a year now, are there any interesting new mods?

All I know so far is that I got 5 new reaction images out of OP's first image.

Single player is fucking horrible but I sink thousand hours into it. Please stop me. Why did my life come to this.

Hello reddit.

What's the point of making a tutorial for Mount & Blade? You'd have to be literally retarded.

Here's hoping they actually release a finished game in the next 9 months.

Seeing it doesn't tell you anything about stats on the character creation screens you would also have to be psychic.
I can't help myself and always min-max, I hope they display creation stats in butterlord as using an outside source for that info feels like cheating

And here I thought you couldn't get worse than last thread's OP.

there's a lot of people that don't know basic shit
for example, it took me 3 years before i found out you can hold f1 to tell units where to go
or couched lance damage
or that marriage was actually useful for something
or that companions are better than some random citizen for governing a castle/city
speaking of which, kangdom of africa is looking for a banner
last thread dubs decided a niggress, but i don't have an image for it, so dubs decide what niggress to put on the banner

What the fuck, is the article only on print?

RAIDING
>You can raid it
Never gets old
Who made these btw? is it cuckchan?

Kangdom of Africa is so last-last thread ago user, even the guy who played it said that he's kinda tired doing the playthough, i guess the novelty do come off after a certain point

sage for double-posting

TaleWorlds wanted to get some information out about their game for the first time in 6 months, after a long deliberation they decided not to post it in their dev blog or on their forum or even on their twitter.
They decided the best way to get the info out was to do an exclusive interview and someone involved thought that was so stupid they would leak those pic of the article before it was on shelves.

Props to the guys who did it, though let's be honest, he could have just scanned the pages for better quality than just straight-up photographed them, but beggars can't be choosers eh?. I guess the Taleworlds wanted to do an exclusive interview just to get them shekels huh?

I hope its not you taking those pictures

requesting banner for Kangdom of africa

i am the guy who played it
i reinstalled my pc recently though
and i kind of didn't bother to save anything from my chan folder
so i'm hoping that someone saved my feels good OC with sarranids shooting arrows on veluca

I remember when geko had 2hu music.

DROPPED

Not bad user, not bad.

rip kangdom
i've got some spare change so i'll probably be able to remake my army
the issue is that this time they actually reinforced the castles

Are you ready to pay for early-access and DLC, goyim?

Can you make it any more obvious that you're a newfag?

Mount and Blade was early access before Early Access was a thing you fuckwit.

Like this?

I tried.

New Screen shots were released on pcgaymer

Is anyone else going to kind of miss the old, shitty textures? Added an odd charm for me

They had one fucking job, one.

Here's the article itself

archive.is/XWOEx

And the screenshots don't show. Fucking brit cucks

it's still an improvement
the new editor alone is gonna make modding skyrocket

The real issue is whether the AI will be able to not simply keep formation when moving, but actually fight in one too.

I won't be able to take it if every fucking battle degenerates into a Hollywood-tier melee like in Warband.

Only for the player. Oda marksmen kill everything if you adjust your tactics slightly.

some mods already do that, although poorly
surely we can mod it into butterlord

Seems like the AI still mobs together when told to charge

Speaking of mods for Bannerlord; here's a few mods in the works for it:
Warhammer Fantasy mod
The obligatory LotR mod
Witcher mod
GoT mod
The mod for NASA computers
Mount & Weeb 2: Weeb Harder

Personally I'm looking forward to Ghal Maraz

Is it being made by the batshit insane team behind the Warband one?

How are people making mods for it? Planning and making art they can hopefully convert to whatever format Butterlord uses?

i just want someone to make a mod with brits and zulus that actually has singleplayer
or a star trek mod

Different devs

Making models mostly

There is a Space Station 13 mod in the works

They're making art assets, and I'm sure Bannerlord uses industry standards.

Why would you want to play in such a shitty setting?

Thank God Satan.

because i want to conquer the alpha quadrant in the name of Cardassia/the Klingon empire
what's wrong with that

A man with patrician taste, I see.

I personally like the Romulans.

I want rape mods since TW has hinted there will be female rulers.

wasn't there an user that said he was trying to make a Star Trek mod? was that you?

It's an /mbg/ guide I think. It predates the exodus.

Oh yes, time to subjugate Boudicca.

i tried, but working with fucking notepad and various third party software is irritating
seeing butterlord's editor, i just can't bother to make anything for warband more than adding an item or two
plus i'm shit at modelling/texturing

How would a Star Trek mod work anyways?

Most fighting is done with ships, and if any of the races were to deploy tanks they'd be anti gravity ones that can drop from orbit and likely achieve limited warp. Infantry engagements would be based around teleportation too.

If you're not gonna do any of that might as well make a Star Wars mod, it's infinitely more suitable, or just go for Dune (ignoring the whole "shield hit with laser goes nuclear").

just take the star wars mod and put star trek characters/locations
i actually asked the maker of it for source code on steam, but he said that he wasn't using the module system, so i'd have to just manually work with whatever notepad files the actual game uses, so i didn't bother

First thing I'm going to be doing is modding the old battle yells back into the game. I've liked what I've seen of the new gameplay so far but I've found the shouting at the front line to be lacking.

STURGIAN MASTER RACE

That's what I hate most about M&B mods, they're all just reskins of one another. And I know it's because the mod tools are limited, but all modding comes down to is choosing whatever historical/fictional setting you prefer and having the same vanilla experience, just with a different facepaint.

I assume proper VA is going to be one of the last things to be added into the game. TW said that most of the voice acting in the game now is placeholders.

Southern Calradic Empire tbh
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

Fuck all of you, he's mine.

Sodomites will be punished.

they know his true power

Aserai are shit. Medium cavalry with spears? What the fuck is that good for? You could probably knock over an army of those with about 20 knights.

Tell that to every single lord in the game. They're practically frothing at the mouth for Jeremus' quarterstaff.

You're the one not pimping his ass out for political gain.

another problem with that quest is if the lord you give your companion to leaves calradia say bye bye to your surgeon FOREVER

Its just being historically accurate

Losing Jeremus is basically grounds to start a new save.

Edit this in please

Muh dik

nah you could always make Ymira your heal slut
BTW fuck rhodcucks

Why are all the female companions in Warband used goods sluts?

Well Ymira is waifu tier because she runs away from home when her father wants her to marry, if I remember that correctly.

Eh, I usually take surgery on myself for the leader bonus so I never use Jeremus.

Hey fuck you buddy, Ymira is pure.
I want to hold her hand

Go back to the Nier Automata thread

Jeremus is the fucking homey, Ymira sucks COCKS

Why are vikings suddenly pussies when faced with an army of 15 people?

Swadia is the only right faction choice.
You faggots probably pick sandnigger factions because you like cock.

Started a new game on Floris the other day and decided on Swadia, and man oh man it is a mess.

Get Sugoroku or whatever it's called.
Not only it adds a fuckton of armor but it also adds a fuckton of weapons and units. Such as mounted archers and mounter gunners

There is also the nobori bearer, that is just some dude that carries a giant banner for some reason.

Enjoy getting cucked by Alayen.

Have they said anything about the denuvo leak?

Sarranids are more fun
Besides, swadia dies even faster in floris, playing them is like saying I want to lose

Fuckoff Harlaus

Khergit lancers are pretty good, if not as powerful as knights. I'm guessing they're cheaper than regular heavy cav and that they have good infantry and archers as well.

No and I doubt they will. Given what we know the only options are that they wanted denuvo and couldn't afford it or they are going to have it, neither is good PR.

If it's the first option they could always claim they were planning to use Denuvo but decided not to because of the backlash.

And will horse archers be able to do their horse-archery?

Never ever.

How come i've never seen it before?

They could if you just tell them to follow you, but on their own? Not in a 1000 years of Khergit reign

Don't worry i got em right he-
Looks like i forgot to save it
10/10 OC though ;-;

I don't know man. See the timestamps on the mod blurbs?

You got me there
never went to pre-exodus 4chon anyways, went straight into this place and stayed on /int/ for awhile before it got raided into oblivion, and then moved here. I still go to /int/ from time from time until it was nuked for a second time

sage for off-topic

(checked)
Edit them throwing shit at each other and it's correct.

he probably won

Last OP asked about people's opinions on Viking Conquest. I just bought it, and it's alright I guess. Pretty similar to Brytenwalda, but there's some pretty nice features added like naval combat and tactical view. I wish modders would backport these to native, although it'd require players to own VC too. Story mode is a bit rough in the beginning with some tough battles when you're still stranded in Frisia with no equipment and little cash to build an army, but after you get a ship there's a bunch of gimmies in the form of dungeon-style map locations (like in Brytenwalda) where you fight one or more enemies to get gear. Particularly, you can get a decent set of armor and the best 2-handed weapon in the game from pretty easy single battles.

WE

main reason why i don't like it is the recruitment system
warband is slow enough without cheats, but making me have to get permission to recruit troops is just silly

dubs confirm but according to the PC mag in OP you will have to get used to a similar system in bonerlord

Vaegirs master race.
Go eat your butter.

im bit sad that ai is still braindead retarded and big fights seem to turn into mob push

No one can stop me.

Time for another expulsion
Out of Calradia you subversive fuck

Daily reminder

Are those cuckchan memes really necessary?

Y tho?

Seriously, I don't understand the difference between swadian knights and mamlukes. Why not just use knights? They seem stronger.

Yes
Fuck cuckchan though

Come on lad

There is only one race, the Calradian race and sandniggers aren't a part of it.

They have handy maces you can use to gather prisioners.
Besides, some times you just wanna spread the word of mahoma upon the kaffirs.

Bitch deamons and magic is great addition to formula.
Phatnasy Caldaria was objectively the best magic system ever. In which othjer game can you see how properly shoot fireball can affect castle siege?

pic.
It just took him a bit of time.

I know that feel, bro.

That's already been done a couple times, I believe that the first was Gangs of Glasgow. The most recent attempt is probably the best. See: Paradigm Worlds. Its got:

I loved it. The main story has good branching and your choices matter, if not a bit dragged on past the initial fleet when your about to raid England. The only bad thing about VC is when you have more than 60 dudes on screen it lags like shit.

Damn, I must check this insanity out.

This fucking horrible excuse for journalism

what a let down

kek that fuckin hilarious

What could he have done differently?

I'm gunna need a source on that

Just get some pathfinding, faggot

He could have made his Frankenstein planet a bit less obvious

Why do retards always want to see Star Wars Game of Thrones Lord of the Rings Warhammer Fantasy 40k zombie survival modifications for games? The Bannerlord gameplay videos have leagues of idiots talking about "hurrdurr decapitation and dismemberment", "hurrdurr camping and crafting in the wilderness", "hurrdurr VR support"

I swear to god, every drooling retard from here to Swadia has come along to talk about how good Mount and Blade is because their favourite lets player talked about it once. There's some cunt at my TAFE who talks about how EPIC Bannerlord is going to be, but he's only got 16 hours on Warband on Steam and said he doesn't like the singleplayer and demands there should be a COOP campaign mode.

Fucking niggers and kids these days. I want video games market to become unsaturated and unpalatable again. If Bannerlord isn't dog shit because of all the fan requests, then surely the sequel to Bannerlord will be.

well there should be

a coop is nice idea but only if they improve the AI

This.
Would be neat to see how the game would work out if lords were replaced with players instead.

If they decided to develop a COOP campaign mode, it would only draw back from the possible features that could have been implemented in game during the time they spent developing that feature. The multiplayer aspect of Mount and Blade should focus on PVP combat, not tacked on campaign modes that are reminiscent of the kind of bugged and unfocused multiplayer for grand strategy games. How would a player join another players battle for example? How could you go about having one player battle on the map, and another player going about their business with the timescale? Or will it be just 2+ players all in one party?

Why can't more people do this? It's like these idiots don't realize that they don't even know they game so they don't know what they'd want out of it, instead they're trying to make it like every other game. This mentality is why modern games are so homogeneous because some ass hole in a board room somewhere said "What if we listen to the drooling masses and just give them what they want?".

just make everything happen in real time
if one player is in a battle, the rest of the world just goes on as usual
and if the other player happens to enter that battle, then that's actually a bonus to the gameplay

but yeah, i doubt that they're ever gonna do that
at best, it will be dlc

Because every one is a fucking idea guy and thinks they can shit out great epic ideas for well established franchises.
Said ideas mostly consist of banging different popular settings or mechanics together making a clusterfuck of garbage.

Most normalfags shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the forums where developers read feedback. Hell, I think the majority of people ought to keep their shit feedback to themselves because it consists of nothing but "You should do X because Y did it" or "This part about the game was hard, you should make it easier like this other game" and just let the devs do their thing.
Devs who make it a point to "listen close to their community" usually end up making shit.

Fuck I hate normalfags.

Wouldn't that also make that a MMO?

Just make the hobo-phase longer so it will be more lucrative as a freelancer instead of gathering some peasants to follow you at start

dis

Is Quintillius redpilled?

To be fair the hours rating is not the best way to measure someone's play time, because steam doesn't record time played offline I have "friends" I don't want to talk to, for example, and so I play offline. Considering I play an average of 4 hours during work days and 8+ on off days for weeks on end until I feel like playing something else for a few weeks before going back, I'd say I'd probably have AT LEAST 2000 hours, but I think my steam account says I've only played for ~70 hours

Really shows you the mindset of these animals.

This. The Calradian map for example could be loosely based on a map of Medieval Europe, with

*is loosely based on
Tired.

bump
we need a samurai jack mod

Because of no shields, beating tons of people by yourself is comptely viable in Gekokujo.

ah, its the new homestuck fanbase. welcome.

yea but the setting itself is pretty bland there
i can't remember the name of any lord from gekokujew

I never thought samurai jack of all things would be swarmed by faggots.

was better left unfinished really.

I kinda thought that was the whole point, jack wanders eternally trying to kill aku.

well the first few episodes were sort of connected, so it seems like it started with the idea of having an ending

Your army: 89 men
Enemy army: 10 looters

Result (Casualties):
Your armies: 10 Huscarls killed
5 Swadian Knight wounded
8 Veteran Horse Archer killed
Jeremus wounded

Enemy armies: 5 killed, 1 wounded, 4 routed

What's up with the autocalc in this game? It's like my soldiers lose 50 IQ points when I'm not around.

I was just playing Warsword Conquest. I was playing dwarfs and I had some 40 low level guys with me and I ran into 4 skeletons. I thought that I can't be arsed with this and used the autocalc and the skeletons destroyed 25 of my dwarfs.
Fucking skeletons.

Just let your dudes charge and go get some water or take a piss or something.

I have never seen a game that does autocalc correctly

they're still not super great, there are parts where the rendering hasn't fully kicked in and you can tell.

2 things

1. ain't nothing wrong with pop culture themed mods, you fucking sperg. i for one can't wait for the inevitable star wars and (hopefully) berserk mods, and lotr as well. also, considering the market is filled with shit attempts in those franchises, a mod for a game that has actually good fucking gameplay is all the more reason for it to exist. especially since any other good mod for most older games are dead.
2. as far as co-op goes, aren't there mods for warband that have online campaigns?

Total War got a lot better, Age of Wonders was pretty objective, Disciples, Blitzkrieg (CMS), Imperialism and Eador to name a few.

Well, they do. Seriously, what mod? That seems excessive even for M&.

There's a mod as far as I know and only the host can do the regular singleplayer actions, the other players are treated as companions and are there just for the ride.

Also Faerûn mod, when?

What's with Holla Forums and homestuck anyway?

Noice.

I don't use any mod right now. I just set damage to normal for everyone (no handicap).

It's just an exaggeration. What really happened was I autocalc a battle against 10 mountain bandits and I have like 20 elite soldiers, 8 companions, and a bunch of recruits. I won but not without casualties which is bullshit.

Really, do they need me there standing around cheering?

IIRC the algorithm really undervalues elite troops and cavalry.

Any mods that let me be a women and marry another women? I just don't wanna marry a dude cus that's hecka gay.

Gekonewer has alternative female skins that all count as male for gameplay purposes.

alright which one of you is this?

Saying no homo doesn't cut it? look for any mod that has "female" lords and chances are that you can marry them with a female PC, learn to code M& or stop playing as whores

Also a friendly reminder that sugoroku started as an unholy alliance between a slav /a/nimaniac and a /k/atanafag.

An update for Warband, featuring HD texture packs.

inb4 it somehow breaks some mods.

What mods should I get for playing on a potato laptop?

Let me know when the napoleonic mod comes out and I'll grab bannerlord.

gekokujo works alright
absolutely avoid clash of kings, that shit runs horrible and takes about 2-5 minutes to load the game because of how big it is
focus on stuff that doesn't add/improve item models
like some vanilla mods
diplomacy is a good start

It actually did. I'm getting default Warband loading screens in Gookokujo and VC.

Nevermind, it seems to be because I'm using an outdated .exe for the script enhancer.

(checked)
Thiautocalc is shit. This is why I'm scared of even fighting 20 against 1.

bump

I know autocalc is shit but, doesn't petty scum avoid your righteous ass if you had more men than them?
somewhat related, i had a problem in Gookekujo where i accidentally helped a bunch of Rebel Monks against [Faction i am at war against] but after that any outlaws will follow me just to try fighting me, this shit is very tiring ,does anyone knows how to fix this?

It depends on your reputation I think.

Were they friendly before you helped those monks? You could try and find outlaws fighting peasants or whatever and take their side but you'll screw up a bunch of quests and it's not really worth it since they're generally shit troops that scatter before any decent sized army.