Thoughts on BTOW?

So Holla Forums thoughts on the new Zelda?

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/03/media-create-sales-22717-3517
youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's shit.

LOL!

It's fucking great m8.

THICC
EYEBROWS

I'd give my thoughts if my Switch actually decided to Switch on.
Laugh damn you.

the fuck are those 2 sets of eyebrows?

I get the impression most folks on Holla Forums haven't actually played it. I got it, and it's a fantastic game. First game I've seen that has done open-world right, with an absurd level of detail. I am never going to find everything in this game, no matter how long I play. I'm resigning myself to that fact.

Shrines range from short 1 room puzzles to longer affairs, dungeons are smaller this time around but super focused around their central gimmicks. Puzzles are well designed, and most of the times allow for experimentation to succeed. You've got all of your skills almost immediately, so it's nice that the blockade for continuing isn't finding the bombs, or the bow, but rather thinking about how to use the itemz you have. They've done a wonderful job designing puzzles that use your items multiple ways.

Although the game looks dated in some areas, in others it's shocking how good it looks for a handheld. Weather and lighting effects are top notch, lightning is fucking terrifying.

What a bizarre thought.

Not really.

This is the same thing people say whenever a new open world game, that doesn't instantly look like complete crap, is just released.
I've heard it so many times before and it's never turned out to be true.

Sounds barely any better than a Ubishit tower gam, if you were trying to sell me the game, you failed.

Nintendo hired Dobson.

Good mechanics.
Good presentation.
Good puzzles.
Good fights.
Good atmosphere.
Very good secrets and collectables.
Zeldaesque theme and story.
Good game / 10.

Wew, you made it in before the first 3 posts. $0.0001 has been deposited into your account.

Also, that's not an argument. The console is irrelevant if the game can be played on another console and on the PC.

Why should anyone want to sell the game to you?
You already have your set oppinion.

You can't just say that something is good without explaining yourself.

I already did.

And you're not Stefan.

I try my hardest but I always slip up. ;_;

Why are you lying?

Overall Good; Dungeon Bosses and Characters are the weakest in this game however (The Bosses Design Wise, mind you)

I wanted to know more about the other 4 champions, but you dont outside of 2 cut scenes per hero.

Could you please point out where I lied?

Wrong.

/thread

looks boring

Its weak. Open world design is bad design. They got the level of control right, link can move around nimbly and its pretty fun but the game utilizes these abilities poorly when it comes to the real test, the dungeons which are all too samey. It has many of the other open world failures and crutches like a crafting system and other time sinks but it never reaches any of the highs of the best games in the franchise and at best seems satisfied with itself at a dull medium.

Nier automata has it beat as far as game design goes. And horizon zero dawn looks and runs better despite being a pretty mixed game.

???

Boring
Streambait mostly because there's a lot to do but not much of it is really interesting

I've enjoyed it.
Weapon degradation is a touchy point but you get fresh weapons thrown at you constantly it's a non issue and solves the problem of only using a really good weapon or strategy for the rest of the game. I've pretty much only expanded my weapon inv because the enemies drop so many of the fucking things.
The game also does a great job of mixing together mechanics, weather effects have an impact lightning storms will strike metal weapons, most areas around mount doom will set any wood weapons on fire and you can quick cook food by dropping it on the ground it's all obvious shit but this is honestly one of the first nu sandbox "survival" games to actually do this shit properly.
You can turn off almost all the hud elements which means actually travelling via landmarks and exploring rather then staring at the minimap all the time.
I might try playing through the story again without touching any of the towers now I know the map a little and not use the fast travel at all. See how much that adds to the game/pads the run time.

What fucking crafting system. Besides cooking you can't do shit with most materials without an npc. Christ you have to buy and pilfer arrows constantly to keep a good supply up.

All Zelda games are the same. If you've played a previous one, you know how the rest are. They are literally engineered to be liked by anyone.

Everything else you read about it, are incredibly obtuse and vain ramblings of kids pretending to discuss adult matters.

And Holla Forums is populated by the same exact people that infest gamefaqs or the escapist. Learn that hating on games is just a social past-time.

Its a re-imagining of the original ZELDA.

More to the point. It feels like its taking place 10k years after the first zelda.

Also WiiU version is the best. Its error free compared to the Switch version.

You have never actually played a zelda game. Thematically they ar the same, but they dont all play the same.

i wish it had some of the zelda 1 bosses

You are fucking cancer for spreading this, cut your fucking dick with a butter knife.

Don't bother with most villager sidequests, some bitch wants you to light 4 torches with arrows.
You get 20 rupees for doing this.
Fire arrows cost 20 rupees each.

For running around looking for 10 cuccos in town you get 50 rupees, time that would've most likely have been better spent killing shit.

A few others lead to things like rupees, food item buffs, that sort of crap. Essentially no permanent upgrades like prior Zelda games.

In short, at least some of the villager side quests are more useless and shit than ever, rather than before where doing side quests would properly reward you in some manner be it a piece of heart or like in skyward sword doing all this shit netted you the equivalent of zelda 64s skulltula tokens leading to better wallets.

To summarize, the game has major problems with incentivizing you to do shit.

Bland sidequests are a sign of over ambitious devs trying to bite more than they could chew and then giving up half-way through.

Jesus so much cuckchan tier shitposting did the switch release bring in the cancer?

So how does this one stack up to the other games?

Bland sidequests are also a sign of void open world.
See tes.

No open world game has ever been decent, let alone good. There's no level design and no challenge since everything is balanced with shit equipment in mind

And what open world games you've played?

Stop user there is no arguing with that kind of logic.

I know that cuckchanners and drones posses little to no intelligence, but that's a new fucking low even for your ilk.

You can't stop me, I'm white.

Enough to know they're all shit. Name a single good open world game

Ultima

Are you retarded? There are lit torches right next to the extinguished ones. All you need to do is send a normal arrow through the lit torch into one of the unlit ones four times. I even used the same arrow each time, I picked it back up after using it.

You couldn't make it more obvious you've never played a Zelda game if you tried.
Zelda 1, 2, BoTW, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Link between worlds. All of those have major differences between each other.

You can get a regular arrow and light it with any fire, just get close enough and pull out the bow, then shoot the arrow before it disappears but yeah, it still isn't worth the effort. If at least a Korok appeared as a result and it was the quest's true reward, yeah it'd be worth it.

Some quests are worth it as they give you stuff like Zora Pants or 100 rupees for giving a faggot 10 crickets which you probably have by this point, but yeah many give shit rewards. It's the same with enemy camps tbh as some give you little more than Amber which is fucking everywhere while some others give you good shit, but at least you always gain body parts and some weapons.

Okay, so name them.

Can you tell me of a single hardware launch which didn't have hardware faults?
Fuck you take the console back to the store, get a refund or a replacement and you're done. It's like no one teaches anyone consumer law or something.

Are you retarded? No matter how perfect you are you're going to get some hardware faults missed on the factory floor. This is why you can take broken shit back and get a replacement/refund.

Quit being a faggot. Poor build quality is one thing but saying that the product is shit because there are some products that are faulty is retarded.

Relax, nobody's accusing nintendo of this.

You must be 13 or something.

it's good but you can't talk about that until the next one comes out then people hate it and love this one.

I just want to bomb mans

welp looks like any discussion of this game will have to wait till next month.

Tell me one reason you shouldn't be banned for this.

As you've already heard, weapons are made by Hyrules Brazil, China, or some other 3rd world shithole with no quality moderation and breaks within a couple dozen hits or less depending on prefix quality, but as an earlier user points out enemies drop a lot of weapons to make up for your shit constantly breaking, gee I wonder why this Hyrule was so fucked against this version of Ganon.

Tiers of weapons being : Branches and Skeleton arms < Rusty weapons < Common/Traveller weapons < Soldier Weapons < Knight weapons < Bootleg mass produced Omega from the Final Fantasy series weapons, and so on.
Don't get attached to any of them, they're all cheap shit and will break within a few dozen hits or less if that.

A massive problem I noticed is there is shit that will just one shot kill your ass from full starting out life, notably those horrible laser toting robots should you suffer a direct hit, Blue/Black moblins, Yiga Clan should you run into those early.

Talking more about the powers you get:
Bombs for some reason you can now make with magic which is no longer dependent on a MP bar and thus have an unlimited if not for cooldown amount at your disposal. So at least you have something to defend yourself with should/when all your cheap weapons break.
Sadly these magic bombs came at the expense of everything else in your arsenal. Can be upgraded to do more damage/reduce cooldown a bit.

You can make ice pillars in the water that you can climb on to rest because Stamina is a thing. This can be upgraded so you can freeze enemies.
There's magnet powers, don't really know if that can be used offensively or not, but it's essentially telekinesis for certain objects.

I'm aware of fire arrows, that's been a thing since at least zelda 64 though I was more used to shooting THROUGH the torches, just pointing out the useless level of the reward/overpriced common goods.

I really don't know where to start or stop with talking about this game, but I can confidently say I'm enjoying the shit out of it. Most of the reasons why are around in this thread, and probably previous ones, but I've been too busy with it to be on Holla Forums. There are some annoyances, like having to go into the menus proper to drop shields or bows if I find a better one and have no room, or being unable to cook things faster than one thing at a time, but those are pretty much nothings. the one big problem I can say I have, now that I'm what seems to be about halfway through the main quest, is the dungeons. I can see why they went with this change to the things, and I appreciate what they made out of them, but I don't really like it when compared to previous games. When I began suspecting that the 4 divine beasts were going to be the only ones, I looked it up and sure enough it was true. I still really like the game, and honestly it doesn't ruin it for me at all, but I really hope there's a return to the dungeon count, design, and more of the general trappings of previous games in the future.

One thing I'd like to mention in relation to the weapons thing: I've found that things like hammers or certain swords or bows that are found physically in the world, not in a chest, also respawn on blood moons like enemies do. It's been a really good way to make use of the stamps on the map, as well as things like ore spots and those random boss enemies in the world (both of which also respawn).

It's probably good but because this is the nintendo kikes board, you'll see more positivity than normal.

I'll laugh when they send you back to Mexico, Carlos.

Best Zelda since LttP

Friendly reminder that Stefan Memeneux was caught shilling himself in the third person like a twat on 4/pol/.

Thanks Holla Forums, our true ally.

While i'm not a fan of open world sandboxes atleast the mechanics of botw make it enjoyable and the locations and characters are just fucking great to find hidden in the world. Also every time you see a place that you think would hide a secret its pretty much gonna have secret treasure hidden there. The puzzles start easy but do get to the stage where you spend quite a while figuring them out, especially if you're a completionist like me and want to clear every hidden chest in shrines and dungeons that usually require you to redo a puzzle with new codes or solve it a different way to open the chest area.

Voice acting is awful but thankfully only used in main story cut scenes and flashbacks 90% of the time is that classic zelda grunting. The NPCs themselves are fucking great though

Combat is just fantastic, think about every sandbox with swordplay and how godawful the combat was, this fucking game has good fucking combat. Once you master it you can pretty much win any 1on1 fight with perfect parries, dodge flurries or using environmental hazards to kill or increase the effectiveness of your weapons. e.g. raining or enemies in water will make electric arrows blow up into an area of effect doing major damage rather than just effecting one enemy.

just pirate it for now on either WiiU or PC, the framereates are the worst on there though.
Here's some pics from my playthrough, paya best girl

Bully him.

It has the best final boss

That's what you get for letting subhuman furries do VA. I'll wait for the undub.

Gaming has really become shit.

It's second only to oot in that it has worse dungeons and fewer interesting bosses. Dat bongo bongo.

only way to get the pics out of the switch other than goybook so I made a burner. Why not bully me for getting a paperweight instead?

worth waiting since other than the goron it really is that shit. still the game is fucking great you can always skip through the voiced scenes although you'll miss some plot shit and mission objectives

I can wait, plenty of other games to play through in the interim.

What the fuck is happening to this board

You can ride a bear? I haven't even tried this & I already know the faggot stablemaster won't register or board it. Just like the Stalmare.

We're getting old, that's all.

Pick one and only one

Haven't played it, but I've been watching some people play. It seems pretty neat, but the way the game looks with all the overblown lighting and the fogs that fill the screen with white really hurt my eyes

Wait for CEMU. You'll easily get 120fps at much higher resolutions

I don't think you know what locked FPS means
You can only now play Mario Sunshine unlocked without the game breaking in a major way, for this it'll probably take even more.

It really depends how retarded/lazy the programmers were and how much is directly tied to the framerate.

Its Shadow of the Colossus with mediocre boss fights, but instead you have a greater focus on the time spend between the boss fights, which is filled with the usual Legend of Zelda content. Story is still shit, like every Legend of Zelda Game after Majoras Mask. You can have fun with it, but it leaves you wanting.

It's a pretty fun game. It's comfy when you get into it. Which means it's not meant to be hard, for the most part, but it's not going to just drop everything into your lap, either, so aimlessly wandering and exploring feels good too. You'll always come across some new item or a new type of weapon, or a mineral vein, or some little Korok seed thing, or a new shrine.

My big complaints so far are mostly that the controls are a little awkward and require too much use of the inventory menu (which pauses everything and allows you to just circumvent any threat). Sometimes, pulling out your shield is harder than it needs to be, and sometimes dodging doesn't work the way it's supposed to (wonky hitboxes). When you die and reload, or just load a previous save, it completely changes the weather, making it possible to circumvent bad weather conditions by just saving and loading. Electric Keese are bullshit. The whole electricity element is complete bullshit in fact. Does way too much damage, impossible to dodge, and it often makes you drop your weapons.

Other than that.. I dunno.. This is possibly one of the most depressing Zelda games. When the game starts, you've already lost everything. Every character that mattered to Link is dead and has been suffering for 100 years. The world is destroyed. Everyone lives in fear of monsters. It's a beautiful game, at times, but it's also got this heavy melancholy hanging over it.

Why is link so fucking homo on this game. I mean it's even worse than on any other game before

While the game was pretty good the final boss was rather lackluster. The first part can just be put in stasis for a good 10 seconds so Calamity Ganon never gets a chance to hit you if you have it upgraded then Ganons beast form never really tries to turn to attack you, and just attacks in random directions. You have to fuck up really bad, and ride your horse under its feet on the rare chance it moves to even get hit once during the final stage. The final stage is also rather short only taking 8 shots in total to kill him. Whoever made that video either shit at vidya or was fucking up on purpose to make Ganon seem harder than he actually is

Fujoshi are the filth of the Earth.

The gay community have infested nintendus

My thoughts?

Everything else I like though. The combat has a fast pace to it and can be difficult, and the world is less empty than I thought. I haven't run into a puzzle that was hard to solve yet, but I haven't even gotten to the first temple/boss after playing an entire day. Definitely the most fun I've had with a game since 2011.

There's so many things you'll encounter along your way to one of the actual Dungeons that it will take you a fairly long time to get to any of them.

I'll wait for the PC release.

I wonder if emulating the game will fix the framerate issues.

It did for Wind Waker HD

Not yet.

Didn't know about that one, might give it a spin.

Cemu is still pretty early in development. That it can boot BotW at all is a miracle, that they're saying it will be playable in a few months is insane.

Jesus christ that framerate

Can you barter with NPC's in this game? Can you fly with magic? Can you customize your spells and weaponry? Any heavy full body armor and helmet? Do NPC's have schedule? Can you kill every or at least most NPC's? Do NPC's have unique culture, customs, and architecture? How does the game handle biosphere? Can you play as someone who doesn't look like a twink?

I've never really cared for Zelda games, so I don't care about this one either. Thank you for your time.

No.
Just gliding.
Weaponry, yes, spells no, because there are no spells.
Yeah, there's knight gear you can get. Equipment in the game is divide between head, body, and legs. Also you can upgrade all gear and dye it different colors.
Yes.
No.
Yes. Each town is fairly unique. The Zora Kingdom looks nothing like Kakariko which looks nothing like the Gerudo city.
There's a day-night cycle, the weather changes naturally affecting conditions, and rainy days make it harder to climb.
No.

The shit voice acting in this game turned it from an 'Eh, maybe' to a 'No'

Well that sucks.

Any screenshot?

Don't care, I just want to cover Link's homo face.

Eh, maybe, but the graphics make them look not very appealing…

I mean the ecosystem, you know, how geographical location and topography affect vegetation and animal species.

I hate playing as a female, but I guess it's better than a twink. Whatever happened to fem link?

After you defeat the avian divine beast you get an ability that boosts you really high into the air.

You get biome specific plants and animal yeah.

How?

Is there any spanking scenes in it?

YEEEEE

Some heavy armors.

Some plants and materials can only be found in certain climates. Some only show up at night. Shit like that? Because it's in the game, but it's probably not as pronounced until you get to the extreme biomes, like the desert or the icy mountains.

There never was a fem link. But you can get a Gerudo harem outfit if that's your thing.

Do you put some honey down to get a prompt to ride to show up or something?

You just mount it the same way you do for horses.

Yeah, but you can drop food on the ground to make certain animals approach you. If you drop apples, horses will come closer and it's a good way to build up your bond.

Well damn, I guess me killing all wildlife for meat conditioned me to attack the bear on site.

So it's bethesda, but with puzzles?

They don't cover link's face completely. I'm not gay enough to play this game.

I have yet to find any ragdolls glitching out clipped into the floor.

ZELDA'S VOICE IS HORRIBLE, SOUNDS LIKE A GUY ON FEMALE HORMONES DOING A FALSETTO
NOT EVEN HER EYEBROWS AND HER DELICIOUS ASS AND THIGHS CAN COMPENSATE FOR THIS BONER KILLER OF A VOICE
I WANT TO FUCK THE DOG
I'M NOT PLAYING THE ENGLISH VERSION ON CEMU LATER
IT WAS ABOUT TIME FOR ME TO LEARN ANOTHER LANGUAGE ANYWAY
ZELDA KEEPS IMPROVING MY LIFE, DOESN'T IT?
VIDEO GAMES ARE MORE THAN A SILLY HOBBY

It's a shame that you're not exaggerating. A lot of the female voice actors speak way too quietly and are using this weird, lilting fake british accent that comes off as very awkward and destroys any emotional content their lines are supposed to have.

Just spam arrows and abuse the retarded parry mechanics and he's dead in 30 seconds.

Yes. (kinda)

There are spells, just free the Divine Beasts. They are not customizeable besides turning them on/off. The Gerudo and Rito spells are the best, they also have the most complex Guardian Beasts and the hardest bosses though (for fighting with early game gear/hearts/stamina).

Weapons have random perks, that become more common the more divine beasts you've freed/shrines completed. Things like "Durability Up" and "Damage Up" and shit. No customization.

Only three helmets completely covers link's face if that's what you are looking for. The easiest to get is the Rubber Helm. The Goron Helm and the Thunder Helm are also closed helms, but they are harder to get to from the beginning of the game, especially the Thunder Helm which needs you to do a lot of main and side quests to acquire. The Ancient Helm also kind of covers Link's face I guess.

Yes and a lot of them travel between stables and towns. Sometimes they are attacked by monsters and if you help them you get a reward (usually some food).

Decently. In the more tropical south, it rains every day with common thunderstorms, in the Gerudo wasteland it never rains and it is very cold at night and hot during the day, etc…

Animals change from biome to biome. Some fish, insects and plants can only be found on specific regions or on a specific weather or only during the night/day.

The user answered the other questions correctly.

If exploring shit wasn't as amusing as it is it would be even weaker. It does nothing new for the Open World Genre and it's a weak Zelda title. It's a decent game but a really lame zelda game.

yeah the honey clams it although ive now been killing them for that delicious gourmet meat

Literally has fucking nothing to do with the game, this is why I'm sure at least 50% percent of the shit talking is done by sensationalist industry hacks shitting their pants at how they didn't thought of this type of console first; even if the switch has massive flaws, these faggots are only trying to convince people that nintendo's thing is shit until they can release their own retarded copy.

NOA are so cheap they can't hire real Brits?

I know this is sarcastic bait, but even if it is sarcastic bait you never say any Zelda final boss is better than WW Ganondorf especially if you are playing the 3 hearts challenge.

Expected typical retardation from Holla Forums. Was not surprised.

Wtf I hate zelda now? Sounds worse than Skyrim.

More like 6.0 from your description tbh.

Why can't we get a Zelda game that's as good as the NES Zelda? No bullshit puzzles, no key item gimmicks, just pure sandbox dungeon crawling.

If any niggers were interested in the different biomes here's the few I've visited from the bottom half of the map.
You got kakiriko asian foggy hills and feudal Japan theme, you got the Gerudo deserts and middle eastern foothills, there's the Aztec jungle where it always rains and full of ruins, the greek coast part, the European coastal town part, the giant lost woods, the boggy marshes where its always lightning storms and the waterfalls hiding the cliff side ruto dam city

Death Mountain was sick, one of the hardest shit ever.

Zelda a cute. Why are slav grills so perfect?

At least they bought Lynels back and they're probably the most fun to fight
still there were some bullshit in the original NES game with burning unremarkable bush to reveal a critical dungeon etc

but user botw is exactly like the original zelda because you can complete the shrines in any order you like xD look at me im such a nerd lol i know all about this old game because i once watched a lets play

Because Eastern Europe is not that rich, so it is better for gorgeous girls to do modeling and appearing to you than to go to university college and graduate at some meaningless shit where her beauty would be hidden from the world.

nigga are you over compensating for something?

Lynels are fun to fight, although they are spongy as hell which makes the fight a little drawn out sometime. For comparison, the Silver Lynel (which is the strongest) has 6000 HP and Calamity Ganon has 8000. The most fun thing about the Lynels is that there aren't much room for errors when fighting them. Even with fully upgraded armor their hits cause around 20 hearts of damage. They aren't THAT hard after you figure them out, but at the beginning of the game they are the scariest enemy for sure, even scarier than the Guardians.

Nie rebuttal, but I noted multiple times the strong points are strong.
Because it basically is like skyrim, Only slightly better.

The flaw of NES Zelda is the lack of NPC's. You have no clue of wtf you're supposed to be doing. That's why the American version came with a booklet.

I like to be able to complete dungeons freely, but if the dungeon design is overly simpleton it wouldn't mean anything.

It's just repulsive to see feminine boys doing manly things. It's like replacing John McClane with this girl (male) on pic related.

Doesn't sound any better to me.

Somebody hasn't gotten to any divine beasts yet

I have done the divine beasts. 3 of them. They are small as fuck. You're retarded. They are in no way like dungeons in any of the other 3D zeldas.

instead of

You were wrong before you typed anything you retarded nigger.

this is my biggest complaint too is no giant dungeons even if the divine beasts are a little larger. Hyrule castle itself atleast is like a dungeon crawler with multiple entries, secret treasures and loot to use in sidequests. Not to mention those armoured flying guardian cunts everywhere

Good game, bad systems. I'll probably play it on Cemu in a couple of months.

Somne of the trials are quite large and they've had interesting gimmicks. I just wish they did some larger dungeons along with all the trials and divine beasts. Maybe like 3-4 dungeons that give you a special passive or upgrade along with the other shit.

kys

Faggotry is disgusting.

I'm liking it a lot so far. One of the few attempts at making an open world game that's actually fun and adds to the gameplay in a meaningful manner. I have a lot of fun just running around because you can get from point A to B in interesting ways, be it scaling a mountain, cutting down a tree to clamber across a gap, or what have you.

Story is pretty standard Zelda fare. Link seems to be positively dripping in pussy this time around, which means the game's full of waifus, and the other NPCs are pretty good too. The voice acting is straight up awful though, and can ruin a lot of the more important story sequences. THANKS NINTENDO OF AMERICA.

Combat is exciting, and has quite a bit going for it. I understand why people find the fragile weapons frustrating but I get the impression it's there to make you think strategically about how you use your weapons. Do you really want to sacrifice that sword by electrocuting an enemy from a distance by throwing it, or do you think it'd be better to sneak up behind them when they fall asleep?

Still haven't found the classic green tunic, I'm sure it'll be fucking DLC at some point, goddamn jews at Nintendo. Can't say I'm happy about the DLC and amiibo jewery, complete shit, I'd say pirate it just for that alone.

All in all, it's a solid 8/10.

If you count all the 120 shrines and the 4 guardian beasts you have way more "dungeon puzzle" content than the dungeons of the other 3D zeldas. I much prefer the pacing of botw where you explore shit and occasionally solve a short 1 room "dungeon puzzle" instead of having to do a lot of random padding to unlock a 3h dungeon and rinse and repeat. That got old in WW and we had 2 more mediocre games after that.

However, there is much to be said about how classic dungeons cluster a bunch of puzzles together under the same theme, whereas botw by design has a bunch of random puzzles all over the place (though there is a theme per region, ie. gerudo shrines are electric puzzles etc.). So I can see how this randomness and change of pace can be a bother to many players.

the giant labyrinths atleast are kinda fun to traverse, especially the one with guardians in them

I said multiple times I like the exploration aspect. Learn to read. They could have done large dungeons and have a large overworld.
This is my complaint. They threw away too much traditional shit. and barely added anything. It's casual as fuck with simple rooms for mentally handicapped kids.

It's definitely an atypical Zelda game that throws out most of the formula, but I think the pacing of dungeons/shrines is just about perfect. Just when you feel sick of running around the world, you find a shrine, so you do the shrine, you get to do some shit besides slapping around Bokoblins, you find some treasure, and then you're off on your way again.

The game isn't perfect, but I get what they were going for, and it works nicely.

It's a Nintendo game you autist.

Alright, faggots are just repulsive.

Still better than how Ocarina of Time had shit dungeons although huge I guess. Why do jap devs make their dungeons look like puzzle playgrounds instead of actual dungeons?

Open ended dungeon crawling is fun and should be a complimentary feature to an open ended game.

Are you sure, the enemies look dumb and boring. Sword duel doesn't look exciting at all.

Classic tunics (Zelda 1, Ocarina, WW, TP) you can get through amiibo jewry. The Breath of the Wild tunic you can get legit and it is hard to find. Good luck.

this is not an argument, they had 100 tiny dungeons, why not also have a propper dungeon in each major area instead? besides the divine beasts of course, kinda like the thieve's hideout.

A better rebuttal would be that instead of dungeons you have quests and exploration in a massive world, the overworld is the dungeon.

It's even more fucking casualized than their previous titles.

in fights you have perfect parries and dodges that reward you with weapon flurries, enemies have different styles and weapon moves depending on what they pick up lying around, you can do combos by dodge flipping allowing you to hit enemies that are guarding. And you can increase the damage of certain weapons by lighting them on fire or certain weapons or fighting stlyes can knock off an enemy shield or trip them

and the most fun is the sneak strike which seems to ko most low-middle tier enemies depending on the weapon damage

the weapon durability while can be annoying is obiously balanced since you have so many options of using environment damage or your shiekah tablet to steal enemy weapons if you run out and makes you juggle your weapons depending on the encounter or type of enemy

The most amazing thing is that this Zelda has the most open ended way of solving puzzles of them all.

For example, my mind got blown away when I realized I could just use my own metal weapons to close electric circuits on some shrines and don't even bother with the metal blocks locked behind bars. And almost every puzzle is like this, there are a lot of alternate ways to solve them.

How are the Side Quests? Are they fetch-quests or do they have any interesting content?
Are there interesting and difficult overworld enemies other than the obvious/early-in-the-game ones?

At what point does BOTW have enough content? From what I've seen, BOTW seems to have an exceptional playtime with high satisfaction, so when is enough enough?
Do you feel that it's comparable to WW in that you run around for too little reward, or is it just that the game is high quality enough that you want more?
I get that they have less real dungeon content, but the way it's been posed, it seems like there's plenty AND the Overworld plays a much larger and authentic role.
It's something I've wanted more of since MM.

You can throw metal weapons on the ground in a storm to attract lightning.

Mostly fetch quests. The Shrine quests are the interesting ones. BotW has a lot of content but it's the quality of the content I'm bitching about.

I haven't come across too many, yet. One girl wants to see the Master Sword. Another guy wanted me to find all his chickens. Some girl at the stable wants to see the completed Hylian Knight set. Could be a lot better, in my opinion.

I've come across quite a few. One of the first you fight is a rock golem whose weak point is a mineral node. I've also come across Giant Skeletons, big fucking Trolls, and then there's the big centaur dudes who aren't technically bosses, but they are hard as hell.

Why did Zelda take a different turn from dungeon crawling action game into adventure puzzle games in the first place? First game was great, ALttP and the rest were a disappointment.

I'm more of a Chivalry, M&B, Jedi Knight, and Condemned kind of guy. None of that sounds appealing.

I think they went with puzzle elements because you get a wide variety of tools and they wanted you to do more than just damage shit with them.

mechanically it flows well and I find the combat in stuff like chivalry and condemned way too clunky for me but different strokes I guess

They are mostly fetch-quests or some variation thereof. Some of them are "take a picture of some interesting thing" which is a good way to send you to explore more remote areas.

The shrine quests, which are quests that unlock hidden shrines are usually puzzles on themselves and are the best quests in the game by far.

Lynels and Guardians will wreck you shit until you take the time to figure them out. Lynels will always wreck your shit if you aren't careful. Minibosses are the Stone Talus, Hinox and Moldugas, they aren't very hard, but the first time you fight each of them is something special.

Shabbat shalom, my fellow member of the Tribe!

By most merits, the quality of the content seems good. I'm trying to figure out if you find actual issue with the quality, or the nature of the content. IE: Nintendo's decisionmaking to do this or that VS Nintendo's delivery on those decisions.
What I enjoy and what you enjoy may be different, so I may like this decision or that decision. But if it's poorly delivered, we'll both dislike it, in the end. The shrines seem short, but are they not challenging at all? I've seen the Tutorial ones to seem excessively easy, but that could go away. Similarly, are the fights with overworld enemies fun or engaging, like 'Minibosses' would be, traditionally? Is there any content that makes good use of new features like sound simulation, temperature, or gliding? Are there secrets and neat shit to find like in other Zelda games?

Good to hear the combat is at least a little bit interesting, even if the side quests are garbage.
I think everyone was curious how Nintendo would react to changes in combat philosophy between Skyward Sword and modern day, and how Z-targeting would be represented. If they did a good job modernizing it, that's great.

Neat, at least there's a little fun stuff.
How much completion do you have in the game? Do you think those are all of the minibosses/hard enemies on the Overworld, or just the ones you've had access to?

Sounds like over-design rather than fun.

Jedi Knight ain't clunky, but it controls absolutely great. It makes you feel like every swing and cool acrobatic move you make is your own improvisation. I think that's what matters the most in melee combat, having full control.

One on one isn't exactly the most thrilling experience. Parrying is tight and unforgiving, enemies like Bokoblins are pretty much just cannon fodder that don't become difficult to deal with unless you're fighting multiple of the tougher variants at once. However, some of the tougher enemies feel like they're straight up out of something like Dark Souls, fighting the Lynel with medium-tier equipment on an isolated mountaintop while a thunderstorm raged in the background, desperately dodging all of his attacks before sweeping in to deal a tick of damage before being annihlated in a single swing of his weapon was probably the most fun I've had fighting an enemy in Zelda, pretty much ever.

Well at least it's in there. I like that you're not stuck wearing the classic green but I'd still like to pop it on every once and a while.

This guy is from Nova Scotia, isn't he? I see someone who looks just like him at the local grocery store all the time. Maybe I'll call him a fag and then say sorry.

Not a good argument.

Kill yourself, leftypol.

I wish there were more of these. Spending a few minutes figuring out how to "thread an arrow through two rings" was a nice change of pace and felt very rewarding. The only other one I found was a dude that pretty much told me, "If you see an evil looking statue, shoot it to find a shrine"

Not at all.
No. Just kite and spam arrows. Sure you can melee it but the dodge parry makes you invincible.
Mostly in the overworld. I've said it earlier in this thread but the overworld is the best ting. There are chests in every trial and some have weapons or armor, but weapons are junk anyway because they just break in 10-20 hits. Even the Master Sword breaks.

I found them to be absolutely perfect in the ratio of the time I look at the puzzle to the time it takes to figure it out and the difficulty it takes to execute the solution. There was only one out of 120 shrines that I really disliked the puzzle. They aren't even remotely hard though, but Zelda puzzles were never hard in the first place.

Paint the Hylian Hood and Armor green, keep the boots the original light brown color. You can thank me later.

Wasn't that patent filed like 3+ years ago?

I wasn't really making an argument. The game's combat feels like a more agile form of Dark Souls, Zelda taken to a logical extreme, enemies hit hard, they hit fast, and you either evade or get fucked before moving in for a short burst of damage. If you don't like it then that's fine, but it's probably one of the best forms of melee combat the series, or open world action games in general, has seen.

There are more of those, like the one that is a throwback to a Ocarina of Time environmental puzzle or a musical one that I found it to be pretty neat. But yeah, I kinda wish almost all shrines besides the ones near settlements had environmental puzzles to unlock them.

wew

The level of negativity here isn't super convincing since what I have seen makes the claims of
sound like
in that it's the evaluation of someone who has already learned the "optimal" and difficult strategies and is willing to sacrifice fun to win.
Things do seem to break too fast, though, and there does seem to be room to cheese bigger enemies out of relevancy, so I'll take it seriously anyway.
Is there any reason to not melee instead of using arrows? Would the game be impossible if played in a more engaging manner?
I doubt Nintendo is going to 'course correct' the game now that it's out and fix exploits/easy ways out, so if it's just too easy, that'd be really bad.

I disagree with this, they are usually "interesting". To characterize them as "never hard" is to miss that difficulty doesn't have to be "impossibly time consuming/challenging", but I'd say Zelda usually strikes a nice balance between thinking and doing.
I'd say the Deku Tree jump is 'hard' to figure out, because it requires you to engage details and environmental factors that you found along the way to figure out what to do. Most people find it by accident, so they miss the challenge, though.
Glad it isn't overly time consuming, worried it might be too easy. Have you done all 120 shrines? How many hours in are you?

It was the maze ball puzzle wasn't it?

Well, to be fair, Moly IS a jew.

i just did this last night, best shit.

Yeah, try harder.

Yeah, he’s not a jew. Try harder than that.

barely. throwing food items into a pot to get better food item is hardly crafting, and neither is bringing monster parts to a fairy to upgrade your armors.

Arrows are pretty effective against enemies like Bokoblins, especially if you take them out undetected, but against tougher mooks getting in close to slice them up is typically much more effective and deals much more damage. Running in circles and shooting arrows could work against something like a Lynel I guess, but they're pretty aggressive and it'd take for fucking ever.

or you know just use a stick or torch or any wooden weapon

those things will one shot you if you only have 3 hearts. and no armor. the lion centaurs will basically take out 14 hearts with one hit if you arent wearing armor, with a fully upgraded champions tunic its about half a heart. defense is important

Not at all. I almost 100% melee everything with the occasional disarming with magnesis/za warudo with stasis shenanigan. Archery is a perfectly fine way to kill everything, though, and it is also fun in its own way (as is killing shit with a spear while on horseback). Bows also have durability and ammunition is finite so archery isn't really a substitute to melee to conserve your gear it is just a different approach (which is more efficient and safe, like using magic in Dark Souls/Demon's Souls).

Well, BotW has these kind of puzzles for the most part. They aren't hard or obtuse, most of them are easy to spot and some requires more thinking. Almost all of them are really easy to execute once you figured out what you need to do. I did all of the 120 shrines, about 200 koroks and mostly 100% the game (have all non amiibo armors most of them lv4). I'm probably 70-80hrs in.

It was the one under the Deku Tree. I don't really remember what the puzzle was, but I remember hating it and being glad it was over. I also really disliked the battle shrines after the 3rd one because those got old fast, though they are a good source of strong weapons I guess.

He is a jew by blood no matter how you frame it

They have a different set of attacks for long range that are harder to dodge, close range is recommended

Wow nothing in that image actually proves anything.

i havent had any lag or stuttering issues on the wiiu, are you just saying its unplayable because its low frame rate?
this is true and is gay as hell

Then you haven't gotten to the first village. Have you even left the plateau?

i've beaten three dungeons and have visited around 75 shrines, ive uncovered the entire map and have every set of armor no fully upgraded, maybe your wiiU is shitty.

I've experienced the occasional framerate hiccup, but never anything that lasts for more than a few seconds before smoothing out again.

The WiiU version does have framerate drops, but it's mostly condense to villages and a few troublesome spots in the forest. So far, it hasn't been enough of an issue to impact the gameplay.

For me, sometime knocking a mobling would drop the framerate to like 2fps or something. It was that shitty. Before the release patch the framerate on towns also tanked to around 15fps or even lower. It now tanks to I would guess a mid 20s which is shitty, but tolerable for the most part.

I have yet to see a single dungeon in any of the promotional material. In every single Zelda game I've enjoyed, the meat of the game was the dungeons and their puzzles/enemies. What the hell does this have? Is it all 99% Open world above ground with weak puzzles mainly consisting of "run from point A to B to Z" ?

Lynels are best defeated by abusing the perfect dodge system and drowning them in flurry rushes. They are by far the easiest enemy to get a perfect dodge on(and I'm sure this was intentional)

It has 120 shrines, a lot to explore and find, cooking, mountain climbing, paragliding, koroks, wild game hunting, mini-bosses and rare enemies, hidden treasures, and a bunch of other shit. Also dungeons, towns, a few mini-games, and some other neat shit.

I imagine it's because they fucking annihilate your hearts in one hit.

I agree with this. I think removing most upgrades was a mistake.

I think it's dumb as shit that you can't repair weapons and that even the Master Sword or the legendary weapons of the Champions can break. Seems like they could have just added a whetstone item, or made their attack power go down until you either take them to be repaired or perform a certain task.

But, you can upgrade your gear with all the monster parts you'll end up with.

If you add together all 120 shrines (of these I'd wager about 80 of them are "puzzle shrines") and the 5 dungeons (which tbf are rather small for Zelda standards) you'll probably have more "dungeon content" than any Zelda game ever. The thing is that this content is delivered at a different pace than any game in the series. There is no 3-4h dungeon with a gauntlet of puzzles, but a series of 5-10min puzzles inside the shrines interconnected by a couple of minutes of contemplative exploration (or combat, or something else entirely like shield boarding, its your choice really).

This is true as well, I don't mind weapons being kind of fragile but having no way to repair them is bullshit. There isn't a single fucking blacksmith in Hyrule who can craft me a couple swords? Or fix the ones I already have and like?

I've been hearing the complaints about the number of rooms and dungeons and shit all week, but how many people remember what most of the dungeon puzzles actually consisted of?

When you break it down and compare it to the kind of shit you're doing on BotW, you get a mixed bag of puzzles that are far better and some that aren't that much worse than the average dungeon puzzle in previous games.

Even I thought it might be good after the plateau and the first little exploration. Then reality sank in and the whole world outside of the geographical landscape design & towns, was completely phoned. Another nongame full of nothing meaningful. You have to pretend to be retarded to find it good.

Yeah. I much prefer how BotW handles dungeons and puzzles, be it how they are paced with the overall flow of the game or the puzzle content themselves, over any game in the series. The best thing about BotW is that it is like Zelda 1 and ABTW in the regard that you don't even have to wonder if you have the necessary tools to complete the puzzle when you find it. You can complete all shrines as soon as you leave the Plateau, period. A lot of the shit pacing inside some dungeons in classic Zeldas (like the infamous Water Temple) are that you find a lot of puzzles you can't complete yet because you didn't find a certain item and some of those aren't readily apparent, which sucks a lot as it simply wastes your time.

However, it must be stressed that BotW breaks the old Zelda structure of "padding -> dungeon -> plot -> rinse and repeat" completely. Games like ALBW and Majora's Mask toyed with the structure, but didn't break it. BotW completely tears it down. The pace is completely different and that can be off putting to a lot of players that like Zelda exactly because of this structure. This is why I'm always stressing that this Zelda is completely different from the foundations alttp and ocarina created and if you go play it expecting that structure you'll be disappointed.

Some people like the idea of a big, long dungeon and BotW doesn't offer them that. Even though by my calculations the game has somewhere around 16-18h of "dungeon content", which is more than any 3D zelda, the different pacing of how this content is delivered makes it appear it has "less" dungeons.

In the end BotW is exactly what we were asking of Nintendo after Skyward Sword. Zelda was stale, its structure completely predictable and, frankly, boring. This game created a new structure, one that will eventually become predictable and boring as well, but for now, it is a great blueprint to a new direction for the series.

Nigger, this has ALL the earmarks of being JUST like an other open world game, including all the flaws.

You see a problem? because these are big fucking problems.

Confirmed retard.

That's not how legendary weapons work.

I see this complaint for every single open world game made. The literally 120 shrines, 100+ moblin camps, wandering enemies, randomly-stumbled-into boss monters, korok seed puzzles, slopes for shield surfing, tameable beasts, and mazes don't count for anything? Sometimes I wonder if the people who make this complaint actually just want a world-sized dungeon to play in.

Any of them can be repaired easily with a diamond, which you can trade for ten luminous stones, which are crazy fucking common. Use them all you want. And the Master Sword heals itself over time on its own so you don't need to do anything for that one.

I agree with this one. Most of the sidequests marked as completed in my game so far are ones where I happened to have the materials or items requested already on hand.

What would be wrong with that?

Nothing, but don't try to make a game something it isn't. It's like complaining that a turn-based RPG doesn't have enough button timing and action in it. There's nothing wrong with action RPG's, but don't try and make every RPG one. Some of us like walking around in open areas and having some down time in between taking down outposts and shrines.

Because it's always true. Every single open world game ever made has too little content stretched thin across a world that's way too big. The amount of content in BOTW would be great if the the world was 1/4th the size or less.

Not even the worst, he put a comment under his own video that was clearly meant to be done under a female sock account talking about how his videos changed "her" life.

This is like saying Shadow of the Colossus would be a better game if it were just a series of 16 arenas interconnected by a short corridor between them.

BotW use of space is great, but it isn't for everyone. I think the concept of "contemplative exploration" which is something that is crucial to games like Shadow of the Colossus and BotW is a fairly niche gameplay dynamic. It is clear that most people don't give a fuck about it and it is why most open world games are full of icons and repetitive chores to do to fill this otherwise empty space. I had a blast with BotW by just wandering around and enjoying the vista, but I can see how that would be totally boring to other people.

If someone is going to make a game like that then they need to embrace it. Make the world really interesting and do away with things like fast travel, at least until endgame or post game.

Every open world game has these problems. I said all of that together for a reason.

that shit is not cool, and breakable weapons serve to just pad the time spent in the game. Either I let it break and find another weapon, or i spend the time and resources to repair it, both of which prevent me from exploring what i want to explore or where I want to go because I not only have a nagging book, i have a nagging inventory as well.

I'm not very far into the game, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but it's not really a Zelda game, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your opinion of the series. So far I've found very few puzzles, and the ones I've found are incredibly simple compared to the ones in previous games. One was just a virtual version of those toys where you guide a little silver ball through a maze.

The overworld is fun to explore at first, but gets a bit tedious to travel through after awhile because of how long it takes to get from place to place and because of the Ubisoft towers, always surrounded by the same enemies, you find every acre or so. Another thing is that most of the treasures I've found so far just don't seem to be worth the trouble of finding them. It's always stuff for crafting or things to sell. I also think that the day/night cycle is too short for a game this size. Every couple of dozen steps is like an hour in game.

The towns are really nice and most of the NPCs seem to have a unique personality. It's really amazing how much a little bit of JRPG-esque flair can make what would otherwise be a generic town feel alive. My main complaint with them is that none of the ones I've found so far have any kind of blacksmith or place that can repair your weapons for you.

The combat is alright, though the way the game slows down right when you're about to hit the enemy is a bit annoying. The thing that really kills it though is the weapon degradation. Weapons in BotW break so easily that I often found myself switching weapons three of four times in a single battle, and these were all new weapons mind you. None of them were on the verge of breaking beforehand. If I can help it, I don't even fight the groups of enemies I find anymore because I know if I do I'm going to break a couple of weapons and have to go through the trouble of finding new ones. The justification I've heard people make for this is that gives you a reason to constantly raid groups of enemies for weapons. The problem with that argument is that the game clearly wants to give the player a sense of progression and upgrading to new equipment is large part of that, and when your new weapons break after a few hits or you're reluctant to use them because you're afraid that they're going to break, it feels like you're not progressing at all. If you could at least get 100 or so hits with a weapon before it breaks, and have some accessible way of repairing them I'd be okay with the weapon degradation, but the way it is now, it brings what would have been an 8/10 game down to a 6/10 in my opinion.

Overall, it's an above average open world game with a Zelda skin, like what Hyrule Warriors was to muso games. Personally, I would have preferred it to be a typical Zelda game, that played like a typical Zelda game, just on a gigantic scale, but I knew that was never going to happen before the game even came out.

It breaks, it just doesn't shatter and has a recharging period. The biggest problem is that it only recharges after it fucking breaks, and it's not a gradual thing

That comparison falls flat because SotC is a 5-8 hour long game and the world is quite small, the sections where you're just running around are very short and there aren't many of them. In a longer game it becomes tedious and annoying.

It's the best of the 3D zelda's. Arguably the best of all, only reason I hesitate is because I have a nostalgia boner for LttP.
Liking all the sonygger salt in this thread btw.

It's pretty obvious that he's not Stefan, I think he'd know how to spell his own name. That and I doubt someone with such a following would waste more than a minute on halfchan defending themselves.

People complain about there 'not being enough content' in open world games mainly because they've got short attention spans and have no sense of pacing. If they aren't stumbling into something every four seconds then the game is 'shallow and empty'. It's a meme, there are open world games with fuck all to actually do in them, like GTA V, but Breath of the Wild is full to the brim with shit to do.

Breath of the Wild does embrace it though. Fast travel is there, yes, but limited and you have to get to a point where fast travel is allowed before you can use it.

The game throws weapons at you like like bitches throw themselves at Link. How autistic do you have to be for it to impede you from exploring in any way? I get low on weapons I clear a single enemy camp and I'm stocked up. It's nowhere near as huge an issue as people make it out to be once you get past like the first fucking hour.

I wouldn't rush to call them Sony fans, but I definitely don't see the point in people so ADD that open world games somehow universally offend them.

About weapon degradation. Late game weapons have a lot of durability. I think I have a 70ish damage Lynel sword with durability up for about 20h and it didn't break yet, although I only use it against really strong enemies where the Master Sword doesn't glow like other Lynel.

The royal set and the "legendary" weapons also has amazing durability and it is rather cheap to "fix" the "legendary" weapons anyway. After around halfway through the game I was bummed that my weapons weren't breaking quickly enough and I was having to toss them away halfway through their durability because I found a new/better one. If only expanding the weapon inventory didn't cost a bloatload of seeds past a certain point.

The Hylian Shield needs somewhere around 100 Guardian lasers to break

I will admit that the durability of the beginner weapons is a little too low though. The early metal weapons like the traveler's sword should last longer. It is not like they are strong or anything.

I would. There's so many fucking console war niggers on this site now. It all started around 4 months ago. And it coincided with all the shitstation 4 apologist threads acting like the console somehow started having good games and was worth having over a PC. It has NOTHING thats good enough to spend money on it that isn't out or coming out on PC. The proof is in the catalog. It's definitely sonygger fuccbois.

Nigga, AlttP was the best Zelda game but BOTW is fucking boring.
This is more Wind Waker on land than anything.

Oh good, I've been carrying around a Royal Claymore and Royal Broadsword waiting to use them. I did go through my Lynel Sword much faster than you did, though, mostly because I immediately took the one from near Zora's Domain and used it on the Hinox boss on the other side of the town.

But yeah, after a point you get to where you're gaining new weapons faster than you can use them up, so you end up tossing the trash ones instead of waiting until they break.

I meant, "see the point in arguing with people." My bad.

That's horseshit dude. Wind Waker has you traveling around with nothing to do and barely anything to find until you get to land most of the time. I've been playing BotW for like 12 hours now and I haven't ONCE been to an area where there wasn't cool shit to find, sidequests to do, secret areas to explore. There's no way you actually think this and have played the game.

Do I have to get the picture?

It should've had some more dungeons that were larger. Or at the every least something like the pit of 100 trials from Wind Waker. It would also be nice if there were more items to collect to open up more avenues of exploration. Like Zelda 1's candle. With all the water, they probably could've had the Zora set allow you to dive and explore underwater caverns or maybe the goron set to let you go through volcanos and stuff.

This is the ONLY valid complaint imo. It's novel that the dungeons are essentially open areas but they're a bit too small in my opinion. Diving would have been very cool too and opened up even more cool things to explore. The dungeons being a little too small in size is the only negative thing I have to say about the game.

I wish I could find the original version of this post before the Skyward Sword shit was added, and the out-of-place non-Engrish "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WANT" line.

The original was just

With diverse biomes, each with their own unique items to find and monsters to kill
Zelda puzzles have always been rather easy. Each shrine is different and uses a variety of mechanics in different ways
Monster materials for upgrading gear and selling, food, supplies in the boxes (bet you never even dropped an iron crate on an enemy), and later on, monsters start carrying some awesome weapons, like thunder spears and dragon bone gear.
Same as above.

Fuck you, this is awesome.

would be great if you could tame more than just horses. I'll give you that.

Explore. Get Korok Seeds. Upgrade inventory. Explore further. Or just go where you want, because fuck it, nothing is stopping you.

lelno it's like saying the world should be sized to fit the content so the game doesn't feel barren.

OOT and Majora's Mask did a better job with the open world concept better than actual open world games tbh. Points of interest were just a stone's throw away but you also had space to wander around and be a contemplative faggot.

The Lynel from Zora's domain has a "shit" weapon and that is why he doesn't hit as hard as the other ones. You need the Savage Lynel weapons for amazing durability and you get those from White Maned Lynels or Silver Lynels, which are only found in very remote areas (or Hyrule Castle).

I think this is what the first DLC will be. The so called Hero Trial.

I agree with that. A Zora set that let you swim like the Zora mask from Majora's Mask would make me cum all over my living room. A Goron Armor that let you swim on lava would also be amazing. But there is only so much budget and development time to make a game huh?

Oot had fucking nothing in the over world are you delusional

Miyamoto is a fucking hack.

It's good but some things in makes the game tedious as fuck as for weapons and shields breaking so often and arrows being so scarce so basically you have to avoid as much conflict as possible and only fight some situations when your either low on weapons,food,elixirs or mission base fights.

I would agree with this, but I've also only completed 42 Shrines, so there's still 2/3 of the game's content left to go, so who knows, maybe that exists.

I agree with this too. Just Cause 2 had a surprising amount of detail under the sea.

Shit, I'll get on that. I know of another one up north, west of the maze up there, maybe I'll tackle him next. Thanks for the heads up.

Doesn't this say what was suggested. I think Tanabe cucked himself out and played it safe. Miyamoto helped with TTYD as I recall.

He's somewhat lost his touch in the last 4 years or so, I will say. But you can't deny that he's made some extremely good stuff and he's absolutely right about a lot of the things he's said in the past. I don't think it's impossible that he could bounce back.

It did have a lot of things hidden underground, but you had to have the Stone of Agony to find them.

It's not bad, but nowhere near great. The shrines are extremely simple and can be solved in minutes, and you pretty much get all your cool abilities from them early on. That's my major gripe with the game so far. Switching and using weapons isn't appealing to me either. I've not been playing it too much just yet though, so maybe if there are longer non-shrine dungeons along the way that would salvage it for me.

I did get a laugh out of stepping on some woman's flowers I forgot her name. Mida or something, but she took my health down to one as a consequence. Gliding down into Kakariko Village was cool too. I would trade running for rolling any day, but that may be nitpicking.

Not to mention all the secrets were shit along the lines of a cow or 20 rupees in a chest or maybe a Deku Baba.

Shrines are just pieces of heart that make you work to get them. Dungeons have bosses in them and are longer/more complicated.

Koroks. Koroks everywhere.

Pick up every rock. Hit every target. Sweep away every leaf pile.

I'd say that's the problem right there. Niche.
Colossus is, despite being well known and well lauded, a fairly niche game from a niche series. The Legend of Zelda is not.
I'm not even saying BotW is a bad game, but you're going to end up with a lot of people saying "What the fuck happened to my Zelda game? I didn't sign up for this shit." It's like if someone pours you a cup coffee and you were expecting tea it's really off putting even if you like both tea and coffee.

Hey man, you're not alone. DSP's bricked on him too after he charged it.

Except that's the opposite of the response its getting right now. Most people say it's either the best or the second best Zelda and quite a few are saying its up there in best games ever made. This is the only place I've heard anyone contradicting that opinion. Almost anyone who has played this is extremely satisfied with it.

Yeah but at the same fucking time people complaining that it's 'not muh Zelda' freak out when the formula and gameplay doesn't change enough between titles.

And in here it seems to be people who haven't actually played it or write it off because of the open world.

it's just people on Holla Forums being contrarian whenever a popular game is discussed, it's a tradition here.

This.
Other than the voices I like the game.

Most people also say that Last of Us, Fallout 3 and 4, and Skyrim are the best games ever made.
Most people are fucking stupid.

Yeah and you're one of them or at the very least a shitstirrer.

It's a matter of learning to speak Holla Forumsnglish. Some people go overboard, but it's important not to brush the negatives under the rug, just like it's important to actually recognize when a game has done something right or achieved something unexpected.

From my experience so far it's not as great as people claim it to be. I'm not very far in, as I said, but at this point I was inside the Great Deku Tree in OoT or entering the first real dungeon after freeing Princess Zelda from prison in ALttP. The voice acting doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other people. Zelda's voice actor is fucking terrible, but bearable.

I'm remaining optimistic, however. I look forward to the main quest of the game. gives me a little hope.

Nah. It proves my point that OOT had all the elements of an open world game and executed them better than any open world game. You had a lot of content squeezed into a relatively small space but you also had Hyrule Field and Lake Hylia if you wanted to wander around some wilderness and enjoy the autistic solitude.

Is any zelda game immediately improved by removing motion controls?

Would you prefer a BotW that is a generic Ubisoft type open world game? Like Horizon Zero Dawn and things like that? A game full of chores and repetitive shit to do to fill up the map and avoid this "contemplative exploration" part? Or you would like a Zelda that follows the same old tired formula to a t? A Skyward Sword without Fi? What made Skyward Sword boring wasn't the waggle, or Fi nagging you 24/7, those made the game bad. What made it boring was that you've been playing that same game since 1998. Would BotW being yet another game in the same formula and structure a good thing? I don't think so.

I can actually applaud this new generation of designers from Nintendo taking Zelda to a new direction and even treading on dangerous waters, like putting a lot of emphasis on quiet exploration of the wilderness (the subtitle is completely deliberate that it was on purpose). They could 100% copy the mold, make their own "Checklist and Iconfest" Open World fare and call it a day. Diehard fans would eat it up regardless. I'm glad they didn't. I really enjoyed this game and, while its has a lot of problems, the size and the dynamics of BotW's open world is one of its strengths, not weaknesses.

Guys… I got to my first village and…
I DON'T want to just randomly go into everyones house and take al their shit. I actually feel kinda guilty about it and wary of the consequences.
One girl even got panicked about a stranger roaming around in her yard.

That loli scientist though

Because its true. Most open world games have a shit tone of copy&paste grind tasks distributes over their maps, but actually very little content that is really engaging the player. This is what made Shadow of the Colossus so great, they cut out the bullshit and concentrated on the main strength of their content. You don't have to play a fetch quest for an hour in Shadow of the Colossus to finally get the McGuffin that allows you to fight the next Colossus or unlock the next bit of Story. You don't have to grind Enemy types for Items or participate in some pathetic Faction War, which makes you want to play an RTS. There is also no bullshit like helping a peasant to harvest his field, when you are actually on an epic quest to save the world or other inane bullshit that has nothing to do with the story.

its literally the worst game ever made.

Didn't the one by Kakariko Village have a piece of heart?

Well, BotW is the closest a modern open world game got to Shadow of the Colossus.

I wouldn't agree that most people would say those games are the best games ever made. Maybe shiteating journalists but I've never met a real person that holds those opinions.
I'm flattered that you went through my posts but I'm really just pointing out the facts. It's not console wars to say it like it is. It's obvious where the source of the shit is coming from. Denying it doesn't solve the problem.

Well its like I said, the dungeon structure and pacing of this game is different than the other Zelda games. It changes the formula up to be more like the first game in terms of just letting you fuck off to find things out for yourself, but it differs in that there's more stuff to do outside the dungeons.

I think so, but that's honestly the only one I can think of that was a worthwhile reward.

What I'm kind of curious about is seeing what they're going to do with the franchise from here. Once you step into the open world pool it becomes difficult to slide back into a more linear formula without plebs calling it a step backwards for the series.

I don't want it to be an open world game at all. And if they were truly treading on dangerous waters then they would have made BotW it's own new IP and not played it safe by attaching LoZ to it.
Who said anything about the old formula being boring? I didn't.

The old Zelda formula was getting pretty played out by the time Skyward Sword had come out. It got to the point where you could pretty much glance at the latest Zelda and know exactly what kind of beats it was going to have in design and story. The franchise needed a shake up, only nostalgia blind fools think otherwise.

0/10

That's a good point. But I feel like with Zelda they can get away with going back to the old formula without people throwing a fit. The problem I feel could crop up is that it feels like we've already seen what a full sized Hyrule looks like now, so what are they gonna do with location? Feels like they'll have to pull another Majora's Mask and go somewhere totally different.

I wouldn't mind another Majora's Mask situation, where they flip Breath of the Wild on it's head with a direct sequel.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a lot of the survival elements perhaps applied to a Wind Waker style game, maybe put an emphasis on underwater exploration and add piracy elements. Get to command your own ship and shit.

I think they will have a classic Zelda like ALBW and a BotW structured Zelda released in tandem.

Or maybe iterate on the BotW formula and go even further into new unexplored ground for the series and open world games. Luckly, the ritical acclaim of BotW gave Fujibayashi and the young blood license to keep tinkering with the formula/structure of the series without Aonuma and Miyamoto meddling with it.

That's not true. What made that game boring was making you visit each area multiple times and loads of meaningless filler like collecting the song parts. It also didn't help that almost every enemy, even most bosses are the same exact fight because all you do is swing the sword in a specific direction without any timing or spacing involved. People often like to blame the Zelda formula when it's really just SS being a terrible game.

At last Skyrim got lewd mods and, with little effort, could look pretty.
That thing won't.
Ever.

You say that only sony fanboys shit up the board. I've seen some shit out of nintendo fanboys too.And it's not just what you said it's how you said it. If you truly hated fanboyism and console warring you wouldn't make smug or passive aggressive post like "Liking all the sonygger salt in this thread btw." That isn't helpful at all.

But why though?

A remake of Zelda 1 in the style of BOTW would be neat.

For example, imagine a BotW structured like alttp, with a fucking Dark World paralel to the main overworld. That would be crazy, although just a major iteration on the formula.

The game is already lewder than the lewdest skyrim mods.

That sounds fucking awesome. I'm a sucker for the light/dark world shit. I liked it in Prime 2 too.

Twilight Princess is also boring as fuck and has none of that. The formula was stale mate. It was stale since Wind Waker.

How do you cope?
gematsu.com/2017/03/media-create-sales-22717-3517

Quick question, can you change the language in the WII U version? If you can't i'm seriously considering just not getting it straight up.

No, and it fucking sucks. Thankfully, most of the actual speaking bits are relegated to character introductions and plot significant events. Not all of the VAs are insufferably bad, but Zelda and the female Zora champion sure as fuck are.

By being glad that Nier sold well? Who gives a shit, you faggot consolewar shittards need to piss off back to Reddit/cuckchan. We play videogames here.

I know and sympathize with your pain as a WiiU owner.

That means more people are playing good games and having fun. This makes me happy. Moonman's games deserve some love.

The formula is not the stale thing, the stale thing about Zelda is the story and word building, because it didn't allow for different things to be done with the formula. This is one of the things which made Majoras Mask so good, finally a Zelda Game where the goal wasn't to save some royal cunt from getting fucked by a pig.

TP was definitely too close to OOT but it also had other major problems like the tedious wolf sections. MM and to an extent WW did enough things differently to be interesting. I'm not saying they should never change the formula at all but abandoning it completely was just retarded, that's what you make a new IP for but Nintendo knows that there are millions of retards who buy everything with the name Zelda on the box art.

Interesting part is gonna be for how long it can maintain this adaption rate. A good opening week is one thing, but just like the article states it's almost the same as the WiiU.

And I don't think anyone considered the WiiU sales to be hot stuff.

I like Mipha's voice

The formula became stale because Nintendo got increasingly lazy and uninspired at executing it. Shit, BOTW uses the same formula Zelda's been using since 1986. They just tried to freshen up the execution this time around.

Not even close. But definitively gayer: Not interested.

As if that means much.

Nier was out in Japan for a couple of weeks on a more widespread platform and it seems to be a pretty good game itself.

Your console war bait is weak, but here is your (You).

Majora's Mask and ALBW are the best classic Zelda and are the ones that toy with the formula the most. Yeah, I can understand why people are upset on how far BotW breaks the structure of the series. I like it. A lot. But yeah, I understand your sadness m8.

I'm disappointed.

>Music is absent most of the game, when it's present, it's worse than the other Zelda's. Listen to youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk.

It's a 6/10 for me.

Well fuck that then. It's a shame that's what's going to kill my interest.

Don't get me wrong, I can buy the Switch, but the problems it's having are really severe in nature so it's like a catch 22. Are the problems really as prevelant as the seem?

Maybe it's because I overprepared, but if you did the other four temples, you cut his health in half right off the bat, then if you have an ancient shield, you can reflect his arm cannon without having to time your parries, then you can just run up and slice him with the sword. After I figured that out, I killed him in two minutes. No, a real longest battle ever would be going into the fight without beating the other temples, since you would have to fight all four bosses before facing ganon, who would then start at full health

I've never seen a switch with the problems being described, and I know of 4 other people besides myself that have one. Anecdotal, but that one guys shilling his video nonstop is exactly the same.

forgot my pic

Shills are least try to hide the fact they're shills.

Wow this game is garbage.

No FUCK that recharging bullshit, if I got the fucking master sword I should be able to use it as much as I fucking want.

The Hylian Shield being able to break is stupid to, but ITS OK CAUSE NOW EVERY MERCHANT IN THE GAME HAS ONE LOLOLOL

The game has so many retarded choices, its baffling.

I hope they do a sequel in the same engine with a more constrained overworld, more dungeons with better design than just finding terminals, and with actual music this time

The kids seem to actually have it pretty rough in BoTW. Koko is a manic depressive, and those Zora kids lost their mother, one is under the belief that she's just out on another long fishing trip, the other keeps up the facade but knows the truth.

Kind of fucked up man.

The game is more depressing in general.

did he die?

Probably not.

It's not all doom and gloom though. There's a lot of charm to be found too.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, you have the absolutely most cancerous kind of shitposter on this board right here and by not calling out this faggot on his bullshit you are just enabling him to keep shitposting and flush the board quality down the drain. You can't just ignore something and hope that it goes away you morons. I'm fucking tired of shit like this ruining the board, stupid shitposters who think that they are oh so clever by fishing for (You)s on every single fucking thread, fuck this shit.

If you crouch and dip a normal arrow into the fire pit, it becomes a fire arrow

Jeez, this game looks redpilled as fuck.

And in the end Zelda still wins. Just like always.

Let the fishwife win, damn it!

Yeah. Hope they keep the engine as it has the most impressive graphics in gaming history.

Trying to blast your way to e-fame, user?

He got gangraped by about 10 guardians, give him a break.

Cia calm down, you had your chance and ya blew it.

If I acually got all 8 slots for sledgehammers with me beforehand, I might've killed him or this form at least (although the second phase fucks me up easily)
Still, they weren't lying about that one

You were just fighting Windblight Ganon… there are 3 more of these before you even fight Calamity Ganon (which is the last boss where durability matters). You really need to gear up at Hyrule Castle if you want to have a shot.

Or you are just lying and didn't realize you have to fight all 4 of the sacred beast bosses inside the Sanctum before facing Ganon

You don't.
I wandered into one of the small rooms with a Beast (I think, whatever it was) and got killed immediately, but then I just climed across the cliff and avoided the fight altogether.
I don't undestand why people say I'm lying when it's so fucking easy and I'm not even good at stealth or anything.
As for other forms – then yeah, I guess. I was only talking about Windblight Ganon, who kills me in the second phase. If there's more to come, then I guess it's impossible unless you're severely autistic and ready to use bombs for several hours trying to kill them all.

Are you being sarcastic?

And then I got back from the castle but lost my horse, since I left it before coming there.
I got a similar one, but it only has 2 stamina (or whatever you call it), while that one got four. Fuck. And I cannot reload an earlier save, since the game doesn't keep track of all autosaves and just shows you the most recent ones.

Link's destiny is a bitch every incarnation he's been has always been "Stop Ganon" rinse lather and repeat and he will never live a normal life to this curse he can't even freely choose which woman he can't settle with it's either Zelda or stay a virgin.

Every game has a happy ending
After Link defeats Ganon, shit goes back to peace for at least a few generations, enough time that previous conflict is forgotten in memory.
Although In the final fight Ganon turns into beast mode and Zelda says he used his reincarnation power to do this, so this could possibly be the last game in the timeline

How do you tame bears? And where do you find it? I've had no luck putting apples for horses (I just stock up on stamina and cheese it that way)

Suppose you can't stable and name them either.

Looks like you are pretty triggered, snowflake :^)

You don't, deer and bears can't be tamed and owned

Oh you're one of those SJWs trying to turn that shit around. Welcome to Holla Forums

He probably thinks it means ash from the jews.

You were right to spoiler sucha disgusting opinion. She sounded like a five year old trying to host a tea party.

Use all the assets from BotW, and explore diffent lands in the zelda franchise.

Like Coridai and Gamelon.

The master sword doesn't break

No dude you are fucking retarded, botw is good because there's shit to do in a huge and nice space, oot and majoras had literally zero explorable content between locations, it's like saying playing in a kids pond is the same, if not
better, than exploring the ocean, because you can swim in both but smaller = efficient, that's just fucking stupid and it shows you don't get what the guy means by "contemplative"

By enjoying Zelda? Already played NieR: Automata, it was an experience. Great game.

I just cant get over how bad this game was
Its like they took fucking todd howards mind and showed him darksiders 2 and far fry 3 and told him to make a zelda game

Even fucking ganon was awful he basically was one of the sentry turret robots outside the castle
Shoot him in the eye and parry his charge lazer
The second form i just walked around waitimg for zelda to fuckint put up her stupid gold marks to shoot at
That was it
6 enemy types
4 dungeons
A bunch of shitty shrines half being a fucking cup and ball game level of difficulty
70% of the map is pointless
All 4 bosses copy pasted