Quake champions

You ready for the next crapcunts boyos ?
It seems fast at least.
Can it at least beat Overshit out of the waters ?

Other urls found in this thread:

quake.bethesda.net/en/news/VejC6aB96MA0KQ4OEIkmm
archive.is/6OfNw
a.safe.moe/ieSIb.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im alright with classes if they use the same weapons and there's no press r to win. I dont know how you'd make original quake with different classes, but who knows. For the sake of the fps genre I want to stay positive

lol no, like dawn of war and battletech quake carries the muh old school hardcore arena shooter stigma. It can do better than quake live

it will be shit

Isn't it supposed to be Overshit with a Quake skin?
I remember loadouts and character abilities and that's where my interest died.

This will be like how everyone jumped on Moba wagon because of LoL and DoTA's popularity, no it will not even be close to Overwatch's numbers

This looks more UT than Quake, really.

The best way they could handle the classes is with characters having different HP values and starting guns. As far as CRAPCUNTS abilities go, they should be fine as long as they compliment gameplay rather than become it, like how they did with Overwatch.

That being said, there's no way this isn't shipping with Denuvo. Anyone with half a brain sould avoid this shit like the plague based on that alone.

It's hard to find a reason to go on.

This isn't a MOBA/CRAPCUNTS.
That specifically refers to a game that's played like LoL or DotA, in that you advance down lanes taking some sort of roadblock (towers) then kill the central thing at the enemy base.

This is an AFPS no matter how much it pisses me off. It just has class-based loadouts.

Now, let's talk about something really pressing:
Why do they drop armour pickups on death?

MOBA is so vaguely defined that NuQuake fits into it.
It's more like TF2 than Quake.

Why would you turn such an industrial and dark game into this generic trash?

This is not a MOBA/ASSFAGGOTS, you mean.

How the hell are you going to have the duel gamemode with abilities?

If it has classes then it isn't an Arena FPS

Copying and slightly editing a post I made from another thread.

It doesn't have any loadouts, but it does have character specific abilities. And each character has only one ability.

Also, this article: quake.bethesda.net/en/news/VejC6aB96MA0KQ4OEIkmm

has some info that says that the pros that played it liked the abilities. Of course, there could be some bias or shenanigans done by the publisher/developer here. I don't know.

Only in custom games. You can pretty much do the same in Overwatch

That's how they did it in nuDoom as well.
Players drop three 5-armor pieces.
I like that mechanic, as long as the game has no trash mobs or AI players

CRAPCUNTS
R
A
P
C
U
N
S
WEW

Quads

Gunplay looks far more solid than Overwatch and TF2 combined. Weapons have weight, projectiles look tangible, and damage response looks great. The skills look more like hero abilities than actual classes, it should fit deathmatch more than teamwork based game. It'll definitely beat Overwatch in regard of quality, but again it doesn't take much to beat that moba shit.

pottery?

What's the green shit popping out of everything? Is that final? Because it looks like a texture error.

ammo or armor. Probably ammo, getting armor after a kill sound game breaking

Fresh footage.

I dunno, the armor looked green in last year's footage, probably armor shards.

I don't like the idea of characters with one unique ability because in the grand scale the abilities seem rather redundant compared to the entirety of what makes up your skillset in a Quake game. I don't see how they're supposed to play or synergize on other elements of the game. It almost seems like innovating for the sake of innovating rather than improvement, like they just had to add something new regardless of how it would work out.

>wall jumping is a passive skill
fuck yourself with a golden rake Todd, rather than granting this movement ability to every player character to learn and master while actually designing maps around wall jumps like in UT4, it's an unique character skill just for the sake of making the characters seem more diverse by ripping core abilities and locking them to certain characters only

QUAD DAMAGE

I feel sorry for the quakefags in Arena shooter threads who try shitting on UT. It must suck to see their game get completely raped before them while UT4 is actually decent.

From some Nyx gameplay footage on Bethesda's channel (which can for some reason only be watched if you have the link, but as I'm in bed posting on mobile I'll post a link after I'm done sleeping, you can probably find the link if you google hard enough), it appears to be a 4/5 second period of phase walking where you can't be seen, heard or damaged, but you also can't shoot. Nonetheless, there's no way for your opponent to predict where you end up uncloaking, and nearly everyone would be able to use it to score a free hit against anyone. It's got a 40 second cooldown, whether it resets on death I do not know. It's also possible to telefrag people by standing at their position when you're about to uncloak.

This seems like a really fucking horrible idea to me. It's pretty much an ultimate, but instead of killing everything around you with one press of a button, it gives you an almost-guaranteed sneak attack against an opponent of choice. The worst part about this is that there's barely any way to defend yourself against it. You can only run away or jump like mad in order to make yourself as hard to hit as possible, but think for a moment what it would be like to deal with some cunt who can appear from thin air and shove a railgun up your ass in deathmatch when you face multiple players at a time.

I don't think this or any of the other abilities actually contribute to the skill curve of the game. If all abilities are like this one, they're only occassional trump cards someone could play mindgames with, but at the end of the day these abilities will only end up being a crutch for scrubs who lack basic skills and will keep relying on these abilities to win.

nigger i like UT4 as well but its never going to be finished

absolutely plebian

Game doesn't look that bad. Registered for the beta.

"Ultimate abilities" are the new killstreaks, only they're worse because you don't have to earn them. Everyone gets a little consolation prize and a free kill every 60-300 seconds because their ultimate charges up.

What hum? Can other players hear a hum near the position where Nyx is currently phased or something?

You're making it sound like she won't try to chase you, spin around you, or line up a railgun shot/rocket when you're backstrafing with your face fixed to the direction of where you last saw her as you have absolutely no idea where she will unphase and inevitably suffer in terms of reaction speed considering she can have her crosshair on you long before you can react.

I don't think she's really invisible. She turned into flying blue gas that can't be shot.

I had the same feeling.

Checked.

Pensive hype.

Why would anyone want to play League of Overquake when they could just play UT4? You can't even use the "but muh gwafix" argument like people normally do when comparing AFPS to modern shooters because UT4 is arguably the best-looking game on the market (fidelity-wise).

There are many valid complaints to make about UT4 but not in comparison to Heroes of the Quack:

For the first time in the history of these two games, UT will finally be the better game. Hopefully Epic gets off their ass and starts marketing this game now that Quake is being marketed.

because I want more people online to play with

How can you say any of this if you haven't seen any ACTUAL gameplay? What you saw in OP was a cinematic "real actual gameplay footage we swear" clip, no longer than 10 seconds total.

It doesn't need to be in EA and they'd get far more players if they just called it a beta. The game is entirely playable and they could almost release it if they bundled the community maps into the actual game and reverted some of the weapon changes.

archive.is/6OfNw

Why is the art-style so bland? Whatever happened to the Gothic industri horror from the first one or the gritty bloody-rusty feel of Quake 2? This looks fucking generic

fucking polygon
I swear to god, this guy keeps popping up at every cancerous opportunity he can get. He really thinks kids playing Ovenwatch and CS:GO are the same people who played Quake 3 back in the day.
How about you just charge everyone a flat price and be done with this uneven playing field bullshit?!

==YES I'M MAD AND I DON'T KNOW WHOM TO BE MADDER AT: nuID OR US FOR MEMEING CRAPCUNTS QUAKE INTO EXISTENCE**

oh for fuck's sake

Are you fucking serious? This is dead on arrival isn't it?

He really thinks kids playing Ovenwatch and CS:GO are the same people who played Quake 3 back in the day.
No, he just thinks those kids have been told how much worse their games are than Quake was so he's marketing them on the Genuine Quake® Experience™ so they can live the Professional Gamer Lifestyle like the Real OGs.

What do you sell to a generation that lives in a late capitalist hell where all culture and meaning have been ran down and cannibalized by marketing? Authenticity.

Is there no escape from this madness

I'm sure as hell there will be several to buy for good goys
At least this way I can play the game and bitch about it without spending a single cent

It's literally an overwatch clone.

GOTY candidate.

Nah, no matter how fun and popular it is I am not supporting this. Same with Overwatch, if there is a paywall I should own the entire game so this lootcrate shit is where I am drawing the line. But if it actually is free to play I would play it

Every time.

Unreal has never been faster paced than Quake. I have seen leaked gameplay videos for champeens and it still looks fast. Likewise I have actually played UT4 beta and it is faster than for example Unreal Gold/99 but not even 2k4 let alone Quake Champions. Still I hold the opinion that both games are unique enough to have separate appeal. When both are released I will probably be able to play both on different days but I am not touching UT4 again until release because every day was another 4 gigabyte update

Looks slower than UT which is still slower than Quake but is at least faster than Overshit.
I would consider trying it since it's going to be free to play but, oh look…
It's like Riot Games tried to make a CRAPCUNTS but still somehow think that the one thing a competitive game needs is something as essential as playable characters behind a fucking paywall.

Another fantastic bit,
It's shit.

But why?

Besides, more speed doesn't necessarily mean the game is better. Would Q3A be a better game if it ran at 4x the speed that it does? It might to some superhuman motherfuckers, but Quake is good for the tactics, not the speed. The speed merely forces you to think quickly but if it's too fast for you then you won't consider all of the possible outcomes of your actions, and if it's too slow then it'll be too easy and you won't have to make tough decisions on the fly.

I would like UT4 to be a bit faster, yes, but "being fast" isn't nearly enough to save this failed abortion from being anything but a gigantic heap of radioactive garbage. Tactics have always been central to Quake (embed related), and this champion ability bullshit is exactly why it's going to be garbage.

And the game was designed with them in mind. You can just turn quest markers off in Skyrim, but good luck actually figuring out where to go because the developers didn't bother to give you in-world directions because they designed the game around quest markers.

Friendly reminder that Quake Champions isn't an arena shooter

could this get any clickbait-ier without sticking plastic tits on it?

You misunderstand, I was replying to someone saying UT4 is faster than QC. I don't think speed is the only important factor or anything but I will argue that faster games force you to plan faster making it more competitive. For example, Halo in the most basic sense is a slow version of Quake. There are powerups, weapon pickups, even heath pickups and starting with the same shit but is a lot slower and designed to be with the world around designed with this speed in mind. There is more tactics in Quake 1 than Halo 1 which I think is owed to the speed of the game. Unreal is much more careless than Quake, that is the tone while playing, it is not about thinking fast or even item control since the maps are so much bigger, and if Quake 3 for example were as slow as Unreal 99, Quake 3 consecutively would not be as much about tactics as it is now

This is the same payment model SMITE uses. I am fine with it as you can only pay once and get all the champions (unlike LoL where you need to pay or grind for every single champion/hero) I dont see the problem

You don't see an issue with people who purchase that pack having advantage over those who don't? My problem with that idea is that the players aren't equal, it isn't fun to have an inherited advantage. That is a better system than LoL or TF2 at least

Can someone tell me why Betheshit is making a quake game? Has the world completely gone to shit?

I'm not and neither should you. Why?
Because it makes people addicted to the game. Not the gameplay itself, but the application. They'd have to invest either time or money (or both) to play the full game instead of what we did back in the day: buy the game once and then play all of it with no extra charges or waiting periods.
It's freemium as fuck and worst of all, it's going to try and sell itself as OLDSKEWL DAWG just like nuDoom.

Old clip of leaked gameplay: a.safe.moe/ieSIb.mp4

*I can't into ffmpeg**

Its f2p so it's shit.

Is this Halo?

Is it time?