Robots and mecha in vidya

What are your favourite robots in video games/video games about robots? Mechs count, too.
I think playable robots are underused in a lot of video games. There's a lot you can do with the setting. One example is how you could switch out body parts; something Armored Core does well.

easily my favorite

How do I not suck at this game? I'm too used to Gundam Versus's speed.

Never stop moving and learn combos.

Def none of that gay weeb shit with flying prancing ballerina "mechs".

I bet people don't remember this game
I used to love it even though it was fairly difficult game for my retarded kid hands

Xenoblade X is god tier. It does everything just right.
Not only mechs there can transform AND be customized, but your actual characters are just as fleshed out visually and mechanically as robots are, if not more. There is both aerial and ground combat, so your robots aren't glorified jets like in say Strike Suit series or Project Nimbus.
The whole idea of being able to mount/dismount mech at any given time is the best thing ever.
Game itself also does open world in a manner I prefer the most - exploration is rewarded by something that actually matter (permanent income, quests, rare/unique equipment etc) and it never feels like a waste of time to visit new areas. It's also pretty as fuck.

Every thread.

What the hell is that?
Do you perhaps mean Robotech?

I never watched robotech and always thought it's just cool word localization team came up with to appeal to kids.
When it turned out that they actually raped macross instead of simply translating it as well as hammering in some other unrelated series I was so glad that my underage self was never exposed to it before internet.
XBX's western version pales in comparison to that fuckfest.

Also for some weird reason after Zero, or arguably even after Plus macross went to complete shit with moeblobs and faggy characters. I dunno what happened, I just can't stomach macross anything starting with frontier.
sage for offtopic

"Robotech" is probably the best example I can think of as to why localization as a concept is complete cancer. At least now that the internet exists as it does all Harmony Gold can do is flag youtube videos and sell shitty T-shirts.

I believe 7 happened, which while not especially bad in and of itself, began the decline which brought us to where we are today.

I know right? Weebs like the gundam creators will never compare to superior western mechs like steel battalion and gungriffon. Its like they dont know realism and functionality > style and gay shit lmoa. I prefer the helicopter with legs look superior western mechs have because its so logical and rational.

I was thinking about upgrading my computer soon as 1080Ti hits the market, I can run Cemu and Xenoblade but still the stuttering and some effects gave me headache. I want to play that game from start to finish in 4k, uncensored and undubbed.

But original Macross designs WERE sensible, unlike the new jap shit

That's because you're a sensible man with good taste, and not a retard.

What framerate do you currently get?

Front MIssion, basic Mech
Saga Frontier T260G
Megaman and MMZero
Armored Core was alright, customization is fun
Front Mission 3 had great mechs with high customization and Eject Punch
robotrek was ok
The big slow mech from R.A.D. that turns into a tank

cant think of too many right now

Granted I'm not a big fan of Macross past 7 but technology would obviously be developed and then applied to the Valkyries .

They also butchered Mospaeda which after watching enjoyed fully. Fuck it gonna post the OP to the show because of how good it is

I like the ones previously mentioned too.
Gundam's PS2 game Journey to Jaburo, the side missions/30+ zeon/feddue suits.

Dreamcast's Gundam Side Story Rise From the Ashes.

Exteel.

Some Robotech game on gamecube, good VF progression of better jets.

Megaman Legends.

Vanquish. Power suits are mechs.

There needs to be a game that utilizes wheel powered mechs for ground combat, along the lines of F1/Le Mans maneuverability. Not Transformers. Similar to Ride Back the anime.

My personal Favorite growing up was Impact from Goemon.

I enjoyed the original Armored Core demo disc I got. The amount of time my brothers and I spent wrecking eachother's shit was ridiculous.
Favourite robot?
It's got to be MechAssault 2 - Foster's Battle Armor. Something about it just appealed to me despite the rest of the game.
Other than that, I'd probably swing towards Future Cop LAPD.

24-30fps

X would be a lot better if it didn't have the combat of a shitty MMO

Fun fact, the man singing this is Ichiro Mizuki.

Best known for singing the OPs to Mazinger, Great Mazinger and a few others.

Battletech is a testament to just how bad the majority of Western mechanical art design is, to the point where it took Jap artists to make a decent rendition of what was originally a western concept.

it doesn't get much better than armored core really

Starship Troopers Anime > Live action film

Zeon makes the sexiest mechs.

it's a bad feel

Lol wut.

whoa which armored core is that?

I've been wanting to play more mech shit with friends but all I normally play is gundam the battle master 2, and like we tried out hawken, there's no Macross games that are well fun to watch in a sense that other people over your shoulder wanna see what's going on, etc.

Plus I was looking for more PC oriented Mech games that have some multiplayer components.

Gelgoog and Zudah are two of the sexist MS around

I want to fuck zaku

You'd just love to have every Zaku blow their hot sticky coolant gels over you in a sort of mechanical bukkake.
Don't deny good taste user

that's fuck'in gay dude

Where do you think you are?

/mech/

You'd have more luck with a smaller robot.

>>>/clang/

left is the emblem editor from nexus, I did the emblem in silent line

right is one of the portable ones. They're not bad for PSP titles, have new parts, but nothing is quite as comfy as the actual ps2 controller /gfx for ps2 era AC

Unless it has an interface that is man sized, pleasuring it will indeed be a challenge that will leave you panting.

But is that really respecting the robot?

Recent COD ones

oh it'd learn respect alright

That sounds gay as fuck.
Have a real man's song.

I get what you're saying, but every single attempt to combine hitbox-based action combat with open world so far fell flat on its face.
I guess you have to choose whether your spend resources on the world or on the combat system, trying to get both with leave you with half-assed game that nobody cares about.
World in XBX is amazing, so combat was a price to pay, same as with XB1 and FF12.

Nigger post a good version at least

original

Still I love the other one since it's just Basara singing it

A big world means fucking nothing if the gameplay is shit user

But exploring IS a gameplay.
Also if the world is shit why bother fighting anything in it?

Because in a shit world with good gameplay, the fighting is the good part
As opposed to a good world with shit gameplay, where the world is a frustrating chore to get through because of all the enemies
This isn't fucking rocket science

Exploring is secondary to the actual gameplay, if you just want a walking simulator, those are about as fun as they are easy to develop, go play one of those

You don't like RPGs do you?

RPGs can have good gameplay
And not all RPGs revolve around combat all the time

Well there you go.

So you're saying the average quest in X allows you to get around all the combat, or might not have any in the first place?
That seems like an awful important thing to mention in an argument like this user

planetside had some cool robots

You can make some cool lookin' shit in MAV.

You're in the Raven's Nest and this guy slaps your girlfriend's ass, what do?

Are there any games where you can play sentient robots besides Megaman, Metal Arms, Cave Story and Nier Automata. Preferably ones that aren't with human skin.

So he slaps his own ass?

I'd like to interject for a moment and say that I like XBX combat specifically because it's similar to MMO combat but is done right.
Instead of 40 goddamn abilities littering your screen you can only use 8, so you have to be careful with balancing offensive and defensive ones instead of having everything at once.
Combo system encourages to put more same-classes abilities to your bar, but at the same time it would limit your other actions.
Soul voice (what a stupid name) system makes usage of abilities more dynamic while discouraging spamming them all at once, since it's your only real way of restoring HP.
Enemies' telegraphs of AOE attacks are really short as well as there is no huge red dot on the ground for you to run away from, so you must actually pay attention to what your enemies are doing instead of focusing on menus.
Positioning is also a big factor since attacks gain specific properties depending from which way you attack.
There are also breakable parts and weak spots on both organic and mechanic enemies, that affect their abilities and (probably?) drops.
And that's just for regular combat system, then there is a another level of when you're using a mech.

Between on-foot and mech combat, bazillion of active and passive abilities, equipment to choose from, shitton of playable party members and huge variety of enemies I don't see how could they possibly pull action combat off without dumbing all of that down.
The only real alternative to cool-down based target combat is turn-based one, but that would totally ruin immersion factor and pacing of the game while not necessary keeping all the complexity and nuance.
I'd choose XBX's combat over that of Gears or Saga anytime.

Run diagnosis on his AI, since I clearly don't have a girlfriend.

PSO franchise.

PSO series like said. They vary in either being artifical life forms or people transferred into robotic shells to save their lives or more shadier shit, see Lisa.

Fuck that's a lot of text. It looked way shorter in the reply window.

Deploy refridgerators
B-back that ass up

Pretty much any Transformers game

Was it any good?

There are plenty of quests that don't involve fighting, but I wouldn't call them "average".

You call that /m/anly? This is /m/anly.

For all of two weeks.

Helps if I post the embed.

ehh Rising was better

shame most of the music on jewtube is being taken down. I've lost a few channels that had loads of mecha OPs on them in high quality.

I want calngfags to leave. You have your containment board, stop ruining other people's hobbies.

Every thread.

Actually japs came up with the word mech, that west stole afterwards.

Mechanism is japanese word, it was created after Mekani Kou, famous japanese inventor who came up with the original steam engine concept in sixteen century, that euro pigs stolen around 50 years later.

japanese steam engine folded over 1000 times

sharpest steam in world

nice

Formatting

friend

100%

agree

With

you

It was half a sentence you autistic Federation.

Transformers Devastation would have been far more successful if they lowered the price a bit and marketed it more, it was a good game.

Wow it's almost as if his entire post was a joke and not a serious post or something.

Jokes are not allowed, interntet is serious business.

You disgust me. You may never see this, but if you do, take a look at this: So, when I was in grade four and five, I helped out this teacher. She was an LST teacher, and she was with this boy named Jack. Jack had autism. He couldn't speak, but he was surprisingly well at expressing how he feels. Like they say, actions and reactions speak a thousand words. He had barely any friends, because they'd always avoid him because of his autism. I would always help him and his LST teacher with anything I could. I would do things for the teacher like set up activities for Jack, refill his water bottle, because the teacher had to watch him, I would read to him, and try and help him in any way I could within the classroom. Despite being unable to speak, he was, like I said, the best at expressing emotions. He was in my class for my two years in grades four and five, so I was able to help as much as I could. He opened up a door I never noticed before: my understanding of other people. I used to be one of the people who avoided him, but when he was in my class, I ended up getting used to him. People picked on me for being friends with an autistic kid, but I didn't care. Jack opened up my understanding of other people and their disorders. Just because people have a certain mental disorder, like autism, ADHD, ODD or ADD, doesn't mean they can't be a good person. I hope the best for Jack, and that he can get through life in a happy, healthy way. We are one in the same. Whether someone's black or white, straight or gay, male or female, disabled or not, we are all human, and we should learn to quit putting people down just because we can. We need to respect people. How would you like it if someone was throwing racist and offensive comments at you? It's rude, right? How do you think they feel when you throw a racist comment back at them? You'll leave them feeling the same way they made you feel. Humans are a rather intelligent species, but they're always at war with each other. Whether it's full-out combat, or a random argument full of offensive comments, you have to think, 'Is this really the right thing to do?' Once you say something, it's not taken back. Same thing goes for the internet. If you type an offensive comment, and later on, delete it, Google still has it saved to their servers. You really have to think if you're doing the right thing by commenting something offensive. Put yourself in your victim's shoes. How would you like to be trampled over like a piece of trash? It doesn't feel good, right? Just to add this in: You're hearing all of this from a 12-year-old girl with ADHD. I believe world peace is possible, if we all just try and notice what we're doing to each other.

You say that as if he posted more than two fucking lines
That's like complaining that someone capitalizes every letter of every word if they post a sentence that just has someone's name in it

Stop responding to the shitposter and just post robots

fun game, the dev streams some times

Anyone else knows this little gem?

if there's one bitch I have for nexus onwards its the lack of human plus or op intensify when enemies get that garbage shit

it makes the large variety of cannon shit useless

I had that game, but I never got it to run because I was a retard when it came to using DOS.

These are some soft robots.

?

I had that for the Sega Saturn. I remember having a lot of fun playing it when I was a kid, gotta try to see if I can find it again. Also the soundtrack is fucking great. Fucking Jesper Kyd, man.

JUST

You're playing a dangerous game, user.

Figure I post these. user who hosts HCE uploaded a few videos from the gamenight.

Power armor is /m/

Also Nivrosh from Eureka 7. I love seeing mecha in other games

Western mech design emphasizes function over form, while Jap design emphasizes form over function.
The thing is though, is that most Jap animu is selling fucking toys and models so it's supposed to look cool by the standards of whom buys those toys and/or models. This is something a lot of western drawfags fail to realize. You're designing a merchandizing toy as a product.

Mate that's not function, that's retarded design. Take Gundam for example, the tech exists because refinement of existing tech made it possible and viable. Before Zeon MS tech you had really bulky dock working machines like the crabman that ran on solar or electricity and had to be tethered to work for more than 20 minutes off the grid.

Westerners tend to see everything like Power rangers, Giant robots are a super science that just aren't possible. A good parallel is people who thought we'd never fly, yet we have not only manned flight, but unmanned.

Also Gunpla is fucking awesome

All mechs are dead in the water if you aim for the legs so that doesn't matter in the slightest, the cockpits are exposed because mechs are huge and relying on a camera for view is asking to get fucked. Tech was just made up to make mechs viable, and even then they were designed as toys first.

Why would you put a mech torso on a set of tank treads and not a turret?

That's the dumbest shit I've heard today.
None of those western mechs could possibly function in any circumstances, not matter how much fantasy physics we can accept.
Anime robots would at least function in zero gravity environment.

That's not a western mech, that's a Zaentradi Glaug. And why won't people make model kits of western mecha?

Macross was the worst place to copypaste designs from tbh.

The same can be said for all human shaped mechs. Those are tanks on legs almost none of the human shaped mechs would function any better and would function much worse the vast majority of the time simply because of simple things like air resistance and physics like gravity effecting the actual speed of larger objects. The fantasy physics that allows a human shaped mech to be so agile would apply to them as well, and they would out perform many of those mechs simply because of their size and shape compared to their counterparts. I know the chicken legs and turning of the top half like a tank's turret doesn't appear to be agile but that's more a fault on your perception then reality, especially when those battletech mechs are roughly half the height of a Gundam. If an IGLOO animated tank mechs can dance circles on it's treads a Battletech mech can do that and more simply because of the change of physics.

Ironically the Ball is superior to the mech shape for space, the fault lies in not utilizing the spherical shape and upping it's size and giving it all the thrusters it needs to out move all the mechs. Mechs in space are sub-optimal at the best of times.

A Zaku or a GM can still drag itself like a man who had his leg blown off and reposition itself. a Timberwolf is fucked since it has no external manipulators that can grab or possible be used to reset it's current position into one capable of firing.

You mean the Hildolfr? a tank that was side lined because of MS tech and then had a MS mode incorporated into it? You also have to remember MS weren't that invincible. They just had that edge where their rifles were effectively fully auto tank cannons. Things like Saberfish and Coreboosters still got kills in the OYW since most Zeon suits weren't equipped to handle small fast moving craft. The disadvantage things like the Coreboosters had ws since Minovsky density fucked with targeting systems a lot of the firing was done manually forcing pilots to reduce speed. So aircraft ended up being more used in bombing roles or as intercept craft against Zeon aircarft like the Gaw or Dopp.

The Suits do have an edge in that their manipulators can be used to shift the suit without losing any fuel to do so. Of course against say a J type Zaku fresh from retreating from Odessa is easy prey for a Ball since the Zaku doesn't have the verniers for position correction in space like the F and C type had. Also you're a bit wrong, up0scaling the ball would reduce it's advantages since it was smaller in size and more modular than a GM. Supposedly it's acceleration and thrust rating surpasses even a Rick Dom

That has almost never shown to be effective enough to count, once the legs are taken out they're pretty much hosed consistently. There isn't much of a point counting on that since that is the biggest weakness of any legged mech. If arms are the only problem you have, slapping something on them for rebalancing when grounded is simple enough to do.

That is not how thrusters work, that is not how space works. A bigger ball shape to accommodate more thrusters for full up, down, left right, and diagonal directions, sensors, and weapons > GMs.

I mean both the Hidolfr and the Guntanks, only with more agility of the reverse joint legs cause legs>treads in UC. If it actually needed arms it'd only need them in the front like a Ball.

And I'm now imagining a Battlemech using Gundam Musou Ball kung-fu.

Actually it does matter since upscaling means more mass which means more time to accelerate. You're also forgetting the ball's major selling point was it's piss easy to produce due to low cost.

Yet the Hildolfr wiped out 6 stolen Zakus, not to mention that Type61 MBT columns had ok kill records against Zakus early in the war.

Again considering engagement range between a Type61 and a Zaku II J Type you're looking at what would amount to mid range combat for the Zaku and long for the Type61. In the off chance that say 4 Type61s engage a Zaku II squad and blow the legs off one there are still 2 more suits to contend with forcing the tank pilots to reposition or risk being cut down quickly. This is of course open combat which heavily favored the mobile suit

I was not aware this hypothetical ball type would be completely solid inside ad not mostly hollow. As far as I'm concerned the ball would be no bigger then it needs to be to accommodate the parts inside it, weapons, and thrusters. It would need to be huge to have more total mass then a mech for your point to actually supersede it's usefulness.

I'm talking about the ball's shape, mech shape is sub optimal at the best of times, the ball's shape is the optimal shape to have with some wings and thrusters attached for multiple vector thrust in all directions.

Yes arms are useless when your legs get blown off as a gigantic machine, you don't even need them if you can make the machine that mobile with legs. Thanks for proving my point. As far as I'm concerned the Zaku being able to fly is it's only advantage if it can't fly then the tank's low profile will win out. Same with the Gouf, Doms are essentially hovering across the ground, and they can fly.

That's easy

There's no air resistance in space, there's no need for wings. in fact they'd be useless

You're basing the entire argument on your end based on atmospheric combat.

No. I'm not. The thrusters would be attached perpendicular to the wings in alignment and the thrusters in question can create thrust in both directions, the thrusters on the ball itself only needs to go forward and backward up and down. This would allow maximum advantage of going in all directions and even go in directions otherwise not possible in the air. The wings also allow placement of weapons that would fit on the ball itself, you fucking moron.

You also seem to not have any concept of aerodynamics, the ball is terrible for flight and air resistance.

*the wings up and down.

The thrusters would also be adjustable in allowing for all turning needed both on the wings and on the ball's body.

The square-cube law also affects torque, nigga.
If they turned around at any real speed they'd tear themselves apart.

no but don't you see that they'd have their anime tech to make them able to ignore actual physics

Reminder from an engineering stand point bumble bees can't fly, yet they do.

No it won't you'll just increase fuel consumption with more verniers. Wings do fucking nothing, why would you have wings on a ball when verniers are what change direction in a zero G environ.

congrats you've created an even worse Mobile Coffin than the RB-79

God I love NEVER EVERS because you just get shat on every time some new breakthrough proves you wrong.

ah yes because plot in a story totally equates to technical theory

pilot a real mech you fucking scrub

Because of the exact law I just mentioned.
Lrn2engineer

Heavy gear

Wings serve two purposes in space, either to serve as a heat sink in which case nothing is attached to it and it is detachable or to have parts attached to it outside to conserve the need for increased space inside.

You clearly no nothing of how moving in space works, you don't need to constantly have thrusters active at all fucking times and is in fact a complete waste to have them all going off at once. The thrusters on the wings is again for turning and holding weapons, specifically the type of turning you can't do with thrusters just on the body especially when you have to have room for the weapons. A second reason for weapons on the wing is primarily because of the rules of minovksy particles the bigger guns on the body would be too dangerous for normal operations.

No direction would be lost, if one is shot off it simply means that you have to adjust the thrusters on the body to compensate a change in mass otherwise the turning ability of the ball is not completely crippled.

this game fails miserably to successfully support good customization and feels like playing a cheap arcade cartoon.

CUSTOMIZABLE MECH GAME BASED ON RED FACTION GUERILLA ENGINE

Ask Megabots.

never ever

Shut the fuck up nigger, why should we imitate the japs? You think like a jew.

Favorite mobile suit
Favorite Battlemech
Favorite VF
Post your favs

Why there is ono armour piercing munitions on mechwarrior? i mean actual weapons that pierce thorugh armour and not just damage it

This is myth is on par with referencing the Stanford Prison Experiment for "I don't know the first fucking thing about science"

There is, see the standard and light autocannons for AP-variant munitions.

Good choice.

Pics related.

weeb please, we all know that the blacks in egypt created the first prototype of the steam engine, but those filthy gooks stole it.

Such an underrated game

Never actually beat it. It was fun, but I remember getting irritated with how much health the later bosses had, and then if you lost, you had to build up again to fight it. Probably just needed to git gud.

The underground is the best map out of all of what I've played so far. The other two seem to be too easy to just hide and wait for items to come back. I guess it's time to start working on making a custom mecha to better counter stuff.

Oh boy.
Like.
If mechs are realistic, why aren't they a common thing now? Because they aren't. When will autists fuck off already?

You're a day too late, user.

I don't remember it being that hard.
Armored Core on the other hand got fucking insane at the end, I was never able to kill Nine Ball.

Yeah, I don't remember the issue I had. I don't think I knew the mechanics well, and instead cheesed it. Then the boss enemies came and I didn't know enough to know how to actually win.

commence hostilities

Maybe give it another shot? I guess you don't have an xbox anymore.

If I were to try adding first-person mecha combat to a homegrown space sim/6DOF shooter, what games would you suggest as mechanical reference points? Most of the mecha games I've seen aside from Shogo, MechWarrior, Titanfall, and Hawken are third-person and their mechanics wouldn't work well in a first-person perspective.

Nightmare+chan is so cute. Too bad its gun sucked in macross 30 or I'd fly it more.

Back to talking about games, I'm currently playing gundam breaker 3 on vita but the control is clunky, it's really grindy and the best strategy seems to be smashing square. Frame rate is shit, the fov is shit with the mech obstructing the view. Wish it had a ps3 version (don't own a ps4).

Before that, I played macross 30 on ps3 and had a blast blowing shit up and listening to everyone's songs again.

Before that, I don't remember. Maybe strike suit zero which was meh.

What should I play (on vita/ps3) next when I get completely bored of gb3? Gundam extreme vs force?

Yeah so stop trying to fix what wasn't broken for years with turn based or ATB based random battles, even a grid type SRPG / Fallout 1 & 2 system would work just fine.

Xenoblade combat is kinda ATB but with bar for every separate ability and normal attack. It's not a huge difference really. What matters most is that there is no fucking transition screen between field and combat mode, holy shit I'm glad that cancer is mostly over.

Sounds stupid. There is no point for 6DOF vehicle to be humanoid. Just slap hand for melee attacks and roll with it.

There's more reason for a small to medium-sized 6DOF vehicle to be humanoid than for one to be shaped as a traditional spaceship, especially if it uses AMBAC-style reorientation.

Titanfall isn't really a good mech game, though.
Didn't they add a mode that removed the robots?

Speaking of Armored Core, I heard V and Verdict Day were shit, but is Armored Core 4 and For Answer worth playing? I only played the Armored Core 3 series.

GETTAH

Armored Core 4 is short, with really short missions as well. ACfA is fun, but goes heavily into the speed gameplay which is really divisive.

Sadly that's the majority of this type of stuff

You're in a bar and this Mobile Suit slap's your waifu's ass. bear in mind he's 18m tall

My waifu is Dolores so he'd have more to worry about from her than from me.
It would break into a mecha fight, except Dolores a super and that thing isn't

Both games are a lot faster than the 3 series, some people like that while others don't. The mech designs are also in general worse in my opinion.

THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!

It's really hard to find proper pics for my favorite models, by some reason.

So that's not an Aura battler

The designs don't mesh as well in 4/fA and V/VD, compared to 3. I liked the designs when its one set of parts, but when you mix and match parts they look hideous. Even more so in V/VD.

But that's a mobile fighter

I know. it was that or the variable glaug.

giant robots are cool

Space marine is acceptable but it's a TPS I guess.

Speaking of robots slapping ass, the amount of actual mech porn is pitiful.
Most of it is humanized in some way. Are there any artists who draw decent stuff?

Could some of you guys go to /m/ sometime?
The board gets dreadfully slow at times.

That's a very niche fetish, user. I don't think you'll find too many artists drawing it.

I don't think any kid could have wanted more from this game.

Yeah, it was fun. I kept losing the first fight though.

Giant robots punching each other is a great concept.
Too bad the only game that really went in dept with the concept was a fucking Virtual Boy game.

got retroarch running, i want to play all the front missions games, are there any stuff i should look out for or just download the first rom i see?

Pretty much everything before Front Mission Evolved is fine, and they're primarily strategy games. You will need to play most of them to understand the plot.

MS-18E Kampfer Suck it

>suck it
Gladly

Kämpfers are over 60 feet tall.
What you want to do is logistically not possible.

Its great isn't it? ;_; Its a suicide mech made out of tin but its fast and armed to the teeth.

Kampfer is one of the best mobile suits. I do have a soft spot for Titan suits as well.