shitposter.club/boris
moddb.com/mods/micro-tank
8ch.net/vm/res/578.html
drive.google.com/open?id=0B9jBPUDOawPPNTFFMVA1VlpXcnM
iquilezles.org/www/articles/warp/warp.htm
wiki.polycount.com/wiki/BaseMesh
springrts.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=49fed85e5ace04d5d173cf3fba4e347b
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Removing unecessary vertices, its relaxing, but i wish i could do this faster without fucking any of the meshes

it's amazing to me you're doing all this on blender

New thread, finally. Posting this here because I am in awe and I'm going to nail my cock to the floor sooner than give up my determination to have animations this beautiful and dynamic in my game.

Anyone know of an animation program that I can use that's not as clunky as Blender? Blender is honestly fine for me as a modeling program but the animation workflow turns me into picrelated after an hour of trying to make it work.

what would you use instead? maya?

Anything but blender honestly

Gonna put some of these up around my uni's art school tomorrow, hopefully I'll find someone to work with

What about Milkshape 3D?

as someone who exclusively uses milkshape, it's a waste of time.

how much are you going to pay them user? i've been thinking of hiring artist for the background too, but fuck me it's such a huge investment since they ask for a lot usually, especially since i just want to sell my game for $5

Well, I'm not. I'm also a student, hopefully I can offer them a part of the eventual profits of the game.

I should probably make that more clear in the poster itself.

user, we all know what that means here. Don't try to bullshit

trust me user, the prospect of earning future profit doesn't sound as appealing as you think, since game dev takes a lot of time and therefore inherently risky.
I tried that before, from around 10 people i personally ask, only 2 of them show interest, but in the end i had to work alone

Well hey you never know.
If I do find someone to collaborate then good for me, if I dont… Well I really only need someone to make a base model and animate it for me, everything else I can make alone. At that point I can just pay them.

What the fuck is e? Is it a math meme symbol for adding or something, or Euler's number, or what? Looks like a*e^(shit)

freakin proportion man

yeah it didn't work for me but you could be lucky, i mean if it's base model you could've just asked someone here to do it for you, and pays them in chicken tendies

Unfortunately working with people online just doesn't work.
I'd rather give a stranger I can meet in person a shot

Going to bed now, hoping someone might come up with something, because I lose one month of my life every hour I try to animate shit in Blender.

3D modeler here, I would never respond to that with zero info on the project itself. For all I know you're an SJW Jew Russian Alien trying to steal my loosh. Or worse yet, an ideaguy.

oh wait this is about animating.
yeah if you already UV mapped and assigned the vertices to the bones outside milkshape then doing the animations themselves in milkshape is not a terrible idea.
no inverse kinematics though, so be prepared to read those old school animation manuals multiple times to get things right.

It's Euler's number nigga.
∫e^x=e^x is why it's so useful. The whole point is the total area under the Gausian Function's PDF is 1.

Gee lemme write 500 words on an ad to explain what I'm doing, that's gonna work much better.

If you've got no suggestions to improve then fuck off fam

user he didn't say that you have to put 500 words, atleast put up some picture of your current progress, describe your system or idea more, basically like putting a game on steam greenlight

compare these two

I don't think putting static pictures of a game that uses mostly placeholder content is gonna attract anybody

FUG that looks a lot better, thanks for pointing out user

that still better than just a sign that says you need 3d modeler, sorry to break it to you but the user was right, it looked too sketchy.
if you can't post your current progress then just describe your system or idea, basically make an ad user

Yeah I realized that about 4 seconds after I posted
For some reason my bell curve is a fucking upwards parabola, I don't understand how I fucked it up

Oop, forgot the - when exponentiating. Now it's flipped correctly, but doesn't have dat bell shape

Nah fam, but "I need a 3D modeler for a Final Fantasy Tactics remake" is going to get me diamonds-hard, and "need guy for stuff" makes me wonder how goddamned autistic the sign-maker was. Simple marketing my dude.

Fixed

Hey, anyone here use Godot?

I've got a question, since-vwhile the tutorial works- I have no idea how it works.

It says here:
docs.godotengine.org/en/stable/tutorials/step_by_step/scripting.html

extends Panel# member variables here, example:# var a=2# var b="textvar"func _on_button_pressed(): get_node("Label").set_text("HELLO!")func _ready(): get_node("Button").connect("pressed",self,"_on_button_pressed")

How come it's "getting" and "connecting" with the node last, even though earlier in the script it's telling it to do stuff?

It's saying "when this button is pressed" before declaring what the button is (the script is attached to a panel/text box).

It works, but I don't know why.

Have you tried limited dissolve (see embed)? Or are you just looking to clear duplicate verts?

It's just not that easy to describe

Without any knowledge of Godot, it looks like you're just defining functions for the rest of the program to use - they can be called independently and at any time. You just happen to declare them in that order.

I'm assuming this happens because your script extends from Panel - panel has its own logic for when shit fires

Well, let's hash it out here. Try me. What genre is it?

I don't use GODOT but this sounds about right.

Between an rpg, a tactics game and a card game.

Have a shitty thing I did a while ago

So RPG/Strat, that alone would improve your poster.

God damn it, from your second picture I was expecting QWOP. Not something that actually looks good.

On the subject of hiring an artist, how do people feel about finding someone that does commissions, then paying them for enough to get a Kickstarter up with the understanding that you'll pay them out of that + a share of the profits? Is that an okay way to hire someone without spending too much money upfront?

If you do a future thing, make sure you get shit down in writing. Nobody is trying to scam anybody, but having a written agreement means you can fall back to that in the case of an argument.

Makes sense, thanks for the advice user.

I feel like the camera slide between party members took a bit more effort to implement than it should have but whatever. Slow progress is slow.

is there any incorrect anatomy here? i made the boobs smaller

does it include racing too user?

looks solid, personally I'd draw the neck slightly broader at the bottom instead of the other way around but that's just my opinion.

You should visit /art/, /loomis/, /dpd/ and /drc/ (and nice drawing, it's shaping up well).

It's better than most deviantArt tier crap but you have lots of room to improve. You'll need to draw from real life (or images of it) to do that.

What's this, some of EvaXephon's code?

In general Blender animations within UE4 are a pain, safest way would be to use Maya as an in-between.

I was surprised when somebody successfully used rigify.

All my props are in Blender. I'm a box-modelling and manual UV-unwrapping god at this point.

No, it's for performance. If I call a bicubic interpolation on a 256x256 set of values, then that chunk of code that's repeated would be called 327,680 times, which is a significant amount of function overhead.

I just need to make this hot mess look a bit better

hmm makes sense

thanks user, i'll probably do that, i thought i'd just get distracted if i ask too many boards, or just get discouraged since this is still nothing. since I still get feedback here so well..

yes user you're right, i'm pretty much still a beginner at drawing pose in general, still can't see the natural way of doing it

Say I want to learn how to make good pixel art; how would I go about learning such a thing? Any good resources you can recommend?

I decided I would go with the FN FAL. Maybe if you kill is a really wealthy crime boss in one of the levels I can justify giving all his men Stgw 90's, but in the mean time I'll just have this. It will be the AK-47 of my game, easy to acquire with plentiful ammo.

There's this
gumroad.com/l/YvuLT#
It's not complete but it has some good information.

the new style of pixel art or the old one? because games nowadays implement really basic pixel art, yet they still did well on the market, so it doesn't matter that much tbh

deviantart.com/browse/all/?q=pixel art tutorial&offset=17

you could always check deviantart for tutorial, memes aside they're not so bad at giving directions

thanks, nega satan.

"classic" pixel art, with depth, and layers, and harmony of color, etc. you know what I mean.

That's a pretty cool .gif actually

Gore system is becoming a reality

holy shit that's badass, good job dude!

noice
but the pi symbol comes out again when you reach the skull, or is that intended?

user, Nemo's fingers are literally spilt on the ground.

Also, anyone know of a female alternative to the name Nemo? A female name that also means "nobody"?

user what the fuck? This is looking absolutely amazing, and most importantly it's fucking dripping with atmosphere.

Just add in -a like the Romans did when they were lazy naming their dickless babies.

Nemo is literally Latin for nobody, letter for letter. You could just use one of the different conjugations if you want to, like neminem, nemine, or nemini.

Wouldn't it be faster to pass by value all those floats (I assume ref is like & in C++)? Have you benchmarked?

I feel as if the hip needs to be thinner. The legs have the correct thickness, but the space between the thighs in the crotch is huge. Pretty sure women don't look like that. Also, she still has cowtits. Google "woman anatomy reference".

Looks good to me. I've decided that it's not possible to make code that is an implementation of math look good by any coding standard. Anyone that don't understand the math are not gonna understand the code and anyone that does understand the math will immediately recognize it. There's nothing to prettify, math is already objectively beautiful. Also, remember that a lot of coding standards are more about making code remotely usable by pajeets, not making it usable for good programmers. It's okay to sacrifice elegance for performance.

That's kinda lazy and would imply the two player variations are siblings.

Do you want "nobody" in some language somehow more feminine than Latin or what? How about Nessuna?

get this:

it has to be

1) feminine sounding

2) have a meaning suggesting lack of identity

3) sound not too exotic. Nemo only works because everyone knows either Captain Nemo or have you seen my son

Nessuna sounds too fanficky

if quints I add shitting as a mechanic

that was a close one

Use Outis, the Greek version of leaving something unnamed. It has bonus points for being close to autist.

how the fuck is that supposed to sound feminine user

Feminine is completely subjective and varies culturally. Don't be a stuck up anglophone.

My target audience is western. I need to keep that in mind if I want to successfully get ideas across to the players.

then named her autist then, problem's solved

user please

I'd say stick with Latin, and just look at other options that fit the theme of the name
Aliquis - someone
Nulla - none
Sola - only
etc.

I suppose that's the best thing I can do. Thanks my dude

oh shit i'm sorry

sorry for what

FUCK that looks so much better wtf, user mind sharing your sai brush setting? gonna try drawing your pose
also have any page i can browse? deviantart etc, really need some inspiration or training, since you seem like a professional artist, also really digging your drawing style

Anybody else here hates 3d modeling ?

here's a funny story
yesterday unity post a video promoting shit like playmaker, even though stuff like that should be built into the engine
surprise surprise, today the video is unlisted
PURE COINCIDENCE

This seems pretty fun. I am trying to go for forest girl fashion with my game, and this seems like the best way to make lots of layers of clothing all independent of each other.

What about Nadia, it sounds like Nadie, which is spanish for nobody

I love 3d modelling, I hate UV mapping and skinning

upon googling "forest girl" I realized I have to specify what I mean

I'm Russian - Nadia is a trashy ass fucking name for farmer-looking women with a goblin features

I'm really not good at it, I keep raging, I don't even know what size I should make my character. I was thinking about 1 blender unit = 1 head since the body is approximately 8 heads tall but I don't know what it's going to look like once I shove it into an engine.

I think Unity uses 1 unit = 1 meter

Is this a thing, looking like a homeless person?
oh

I don't use unity and I heard that some people made really big models then scalled them down.

That's the point. Cold climate, lots of layers of scavenged clothing.

second main character, would you **pat her head*?

3d modelling is fun tbh, i made quite a few helicopter back then, and several human head, it looked bad but still.

so they will look like a homeless person too?

smh tbh fam

Don't jump into denial just because some pictures are from Tumblr. Tumblr is in general treated by most as an art/reference dump. The second best in that regard is Pinterest.

People that find themselves stranded on a bizarre, cold landscape with no signs of civilization beyond abandoned towns and villages will look like they're homeless, because they essentially are.

Instead of bashing this concept blindly, I'm trying to find an aesthetic within it and turn it into something I can wear on my sleeve.

FAL guy here, nice choice. Coming laong nicely too.
I'm guessing you're gonna have 1 gun per category of gun as in pistol/shotgun/rifle etc. Do you have a list of the categories you're having?

How do you feel about the name Anya? I was just scrolling past the thread and thought I'd ask, because I was going to use it in a tabletop.

That's fucking disgusting. First of all, she shouldn't be wearing earth tones with that trashy hair, then you have bloomers that don't contrast well with anything else, and what looks like crew sock with fucking ugg boots. I get the whole forest girl fashion thing, but she fails to capture the whimsy and lighthearted spirit at every fucking turn. Shit.

i didn't say anything about tumblr or pinterest mate, it's just that the second picture with the redhead looked like something shrek would wear.

I honestly don't want to look like a picky cunt but
-ya names are perceived to be black names these days. Kind of a shame because Anya is a really cute name in Russian. Two letters and a diminutive suffix - couldn't really be much better.

There's also a name Asya - but everyone's gonna go Ass-ya hurr durr

As far as that picture is concerned, I saved it because I liked the scarf.

yeah kinda

Alright. Thank you for the info. I'm still working on the character, so the thing with -ya names is helpful to know and gives me a good idea what to avoid.

Binary or hard pen with stabilizer at around S-1 should give you similar results.

I'm so sorry

well damn, i never really use stabilizer stuff, so thats why people can do lineart without a trace of a single shaky lines, okay i'll try using it, thanks user!

No problem, user. If you have any questions about Russian stuff feel free to ask.

If you want a line stabilizer that works program independent, you might want to look up lazy nezumi pro.

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

(Checked)
That's exactly it.
Yes.
-Pistol
-Katana
-Battle/Assault Rifle
-Long Range Rifle (something with a telescopic sight that can be carried around)
-Some mideval European Sword/melee weapon I haven't decided which yet
-Shotgun
-Sub-machine gun
-Gatling-type Autocannon (already going to be the GAU-8, user had a very convincing argument BRRRRRRRR)
With the exception of the Katana, as-of-yet-undecided European melee weapon, and Gatling-type autocannon, these weapons are going to be picked up off of enemies. I want these guns to be somewhat common as there's going to be a bit of globe trotting and I don't want them to feel too out of place anywhere. It doesn't need to be the most popular gun, but I don't want it to be so expensive and/or rare that it doesn't make sense for practically every mob of enemies you face to have a guy wielding it.
The player starts the level with only a melee weapon, either the katana or European melee weapon. The European melee weapon is a reward for playing the game well and is meant to be slightly slower but hit significantly harder than the Katana.
I'm not yet sure where the autocannon is going to fit in the game, but mark my words it's going to be be there, somewhere, and the 3,900 30mm rounds it fires every minute are going to do an appropriate amount of damage for a bullet that size. And if you point it at the ground the game becomes a space exploration game :^).

Remade the poster from last night.
Is it better now? I really can't show much from the game itself since most of the assets right now are just literal placeholder boxes.

I don't think I have enough space to explain better what the game is about

it's too bland user, let me fix it

Marvelous Designer's lighting exposed a lot of issues with my model. I've already taken down some of the more obvious notes - but I'm not nearly good enough with anatomy to tell apart small details that are wrong.

Do point shit out. Once I bring it up to the point where it looks ridiculously good, I'll take the advice of some anons on here and use ZBrush for some high quality sculpting - learn how to fucking use normalmaps and everything else that goes along with it.

and after that apply this knowledge to make the sexiest female videogame characters known to man

smh tbh fam well done

if dubs pic is canon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

holy shit this is the most futuristic fucking modeling software I've ever seen in my life. This is incredible.

I know man that shit amazing

You can always be a pirate if you don't want to spend a few bucks.

GAU-8 would have been my suggestion anyway, dat spoiler.
Game all sounds pretty sweet, next time I find an ADGD thread I might have a look and see if I can put together the rest of the list, at least with suggestions anyway.
Good luck, i'm off.

That's just the beginning mate.
Here is my list of programs and doing shit most efficiently and AAA looking with 3d programs: might want to pirate some shit if you aren't a richfag
>Get Skin textures from texturing.xyz/

Any advice for animation software that doesn't feel like shit? I never tried animating in Maya before, but is it any less painful than, say, Blender?

i mastered clearing duplicates (not that its hard or anything)
im learning to do the limited dissolve properly, i often get weird shaped faces with some loose vertices i don't need, sometimes its easier to delete the whole face and make a new one, i think the main problem is useless faces inside the walls, i will try to remove them all before doing the dissolve when im back home

I'm still pretty shit at textures. Top is mine.

How do I get that flaky metal patina in photoshop?

Copy real life.

I bit less painful at least and compatible with UE4, but Inverse Kinematic Rigs are pretty much the current standard. Animation is an art in itself, so if you really can't into animation, either find some motion captured animation online and translate them to your rig, or try Mixamo who have a shitload of animations available, and even a tool to rig you character for you. Most Studios use motion caputuring at this point, because it's cheap and fast and only needs a bit of tweaking at the end.

I mean more along the lines of the workflow. I use IK constraints myself, and I did some 2D animation a while ago. I have an interest in truly, actually doing animation myself but Blender is making me want to hang myself because of how finnicky it is.

There is literally nothing wrong with Blender.

Put up my posters.
Now we play the waiting game

Well I screwed up my perlin implementation something awful

But look! If you squint, you can see the blurred pixels in the top left!

It's fine most of the time but you gotta admit the animation workflow is cancer.

fucking gamemaker how the fuck do i scale so i can do mobile games shit fuck also fuck insects devving while a fly roams around is fucking fuck shit too

If you're curious what they look like with color, you can always throw then through here:

paintschainer.preferred.tech/

It does seem to have a fetish for blonds and hetrochromia though

try this, mate.
yoyogames.com/blog/65
also calm the fuck down. a good place to rant is in your code. give data miners a laugh or two, it's what i do.

What's wrong about it?

Needs to be more eye-catching.

Also, the anime slut will help filter out SJW types.

Haven't worked that much with maya animation to be honest, but it was fine for me and many other people say it's the best when it comes to animation. If you want specific answers, it's better you either go to /3/, polycount, watch some maya animation tutorials or just try it out yourself.

This thing is amazing, are there similar programs like this you might have?

thanks user.

It's incredibly clunky.

It's "just" a neural network that was trained to colour animu grils, so any other neural network program is similar I guess. This video is relevant but not an available program.

That, or practice.

THIS FUCKING FLAG

I maintain the need for you folks to tell me what's wrong with my model because I can't see shit.

Where'd all the anatomyfags go?

Looks like her tits are floating in the air, and her right tit is bigger. I suggest placing the pectoralis major first before placing the tits to have an idea of where they begin and end, as well as the angle they are in.
Or just google tit tutorials.

Is there a way to generate a normal map in photoshop without using Nvidia's 3d tools?

Thanks m8-o

Yeah, it's a problem with Unity's render I only discovered after making the vid. It's fixable, but I'll do it after prototyping.

Thanks, bro. We might say that vid is literally dripping, with the sound.
I lack your determination in making cool models so I went with those webcomic based models, I need to make up for that with something.

Also, I was told the blood was quite original in the build released for the jam, so I decided to kick it up a notch.
Research makes me squeamish tho

That's horrifying and brings me disdain
Great job!

ayo hold the fuck up, did you just literally invented a new gore system? I have never seen that being done at all tbh.

many chanks, i'll be sending memetik energies to you

Not 100% sure, but I think this option might fix flags sticking around in other threads.

It looks rather uncanny, but that just makes it kinda cool. Those blood drops remind me of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

It's definitely something I personally haven't seen in a while, outside of Left4Dead2.
It's not a thing a big studio couldn't do either. Hell, if I knew anything about writing shaders, it would look hella better.
It's not going to be the main feature of the game, though, just something to make it memorable.

I was mostly inspired by SoF1, as it dealed with simpler meshes. And I need to add that my characters have rather simple models, I haven't tried this on anything more complex.

Oh, and this quote from mr. "fuck that loser" that caught my eye:
The retard didn't even put thought into tweaking the thing, he just scrapped it. Like many things that ultimately made Diablo 3 a failure of a game. lol, didn't play tho

Thanks, bro. Indeed it is somewhat of my goal here. I enjoy the dissonance between the cartoonish model and the grousome (yet still somewhat comical) insides. Should at least make it stand out.
The Beelzebox prototype already gave off that vibe, I hope.

If you haven't tried it, it's on here. Not at all a polished product, but good enough of an idea to come out of a jam to continue work:
shodanon.itch.io/beelzebox

Boy, imagine my horror while looking for references/texture sources.

I know bayonetta had a thing like that where the enemies' skin came off as you beat them up, but it only had one layer and I think it would only come off in sections. Looks good.

hello madness project nexus 2

I actually clicked on this one first.

my project has a very Paper Mario-esque art style, so I tried to make a shadow system that also treats the objects as flat.
wish Game Maker had a less autistic way to do shadows.

Meh fug it I am getting sick working on muh mod for skullshit 3.0 so I am going to continue doing shiet for my RTS game instead. This model in question is a Tier 1 Construction Vehicle, I figured out a Crane based vehicles would make more sense as it kinda has the ability to lay down the block foundation unlike compared to C&C Generals where they were actually bulldozers.

The fourth screenshot is me figuring out how to import a unit into Springas seems like my knowledge of it is not too rusty, it sucks through that Springas supports only 1 diffuse texture for a unit hence the lack of the treads.

tfw when I would be able to finish this model much earlier on but due to chest pain I get distracted by lurking my whole day away

You reminded me of something, there is a game named "Die by the sword" which has something like that but from the looks of it only peels the skin away and eventually gibbing away the body part not too shabby looking for a 1998 game tbh.

why is this thread so slow and shit compared to the halfchan one?

Because lurk more

nigger i've been here longer than i'd like to, all i be sayin is this thred is ded yo

Everything in Holla Forums is "dead" compared to 4chan. I prefer this to the 24/7 rapid fire shitposting you get there.

at least they have progress there

everyone here is making progress, dumbshit. the difference is that there aren't a hundred people making games, but fewer. doesn't make them any less dedicated.
also, user, if you're really so shitter shattered by the lack of progress, how about you contribute and post your own progress here?

These threads are good and all but do any of you have any blogs or some other space dedicated to your project that one could follow?

calm down kiddo

It's ok to admit that you don't have a game.

No. I am that without your game could not exist.
The audience.

Well for my RTS project I used to post on the Springas Forum itself but lately I decided not doing that anymore since I am getting sick of those moderators banning/issuing warning etc for every funposting I do so I post here very rarely or not at all.

Otherwise I have these only for now:
shitposter.club/boris
moddb.com/mods/micro-tank
8ch.net/vm/res/578.html

Can you fuck off to where you came from? Thanks.

Why mad? Do you not want people to actually play your "game"?

I'm glad you're leaving. Bye.

t. angered 12 year old

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

Stop responding to the baiting retard.

let me shitpost

a fellow strayan?

nah

I shouldn't ask the same thing in two places. But /agdg/ is super slow

I want to connect 2 to n line segments into "faces". they are in 3D space, but it does not make a closed mesh, it makes a.. bent and cut sheet rather than a volumetric object

I've though a lot about it, and even found out about 3D Delaunay triangulation (which makes 3D solid objects, not what I want). But I can guess that there will be plenty of issues regarding lines crossing each other where they should not and whatnot, and I would rather not make this blindly. Especially if there is an library laying around that already does this

I hope the image makes any sense.

Do anyone have any idea of how to do, or what's the name of the thing I want to do?

I think you should go back to cuckchan.

if you dev for yourself then why do you post progress
checkmate faggo

Well the interpolation looks great
Except that every corner has a value of 1.0

Is the vert count on each side even?
Are the verts ordered?
Any reason why you can't crawl it pair by pair?

just smooth those hard transitions also there is a line in the middle of the back that remains indented(?) until the neck

Other people might have feedback that you agree with but didn't think of.

good question.
what's a decent place to set something like this up? it'd be a cool thing to look back on, as well.

I want to do a progress vlog, although I'm getting rek'd with responsibilities and shit. So it'll be a while before I can consistently upload to it.

Maybe get a free Wordpress blog or something similar. Whatever you get pls make sure it supports RSS feeds that one can subscribe to.

Finally solved this fuck

spooky face

Get oud of here Stalger :–DDD

Thanks, user.

ayo hol up was BOTCH really a hack all along

I assume the line strips may not have the same vertex count, nor that is possible.

I'm thinking something like this: find a suitable end to start at by comparing distances between each pair of end vertices (4 candidate pairs) and pick the pair with shortest distance. Make an edge there. Then begins the algorithm. Your next edge (and resulting triangle) can be constructed using one of the two next vertices in the two strips. Consider each. At this point, you could use multiple strategies. Pick the triangle with the largest area? Take the line formed by the potential edge and the corresponding triangles normal and use these two lines to construct a plane. Check if the other vertex lies above this plane. If not, reject this triangle and pick the other one. If neither of the potential triangles satisfy the condition, wind back and pick the other triangle further up the strip. This should ofc be implemented recursively. Then, in the case where both triangles seem fine, pick the one with either the smallest or largest area (or smallest deviation from the current average? or some other metric?). If one or both of the strips may be loops then I dunno. Maybe add the case of not being able to close the loop because one side is out of vertices and the other forms a triangle that violates the condition as a condition for unwinding the recursion.

You're overcomplicating this.
Just crawl the ribbon as if it was even, and skip triangles if necessary.

Added intestines hanging out.

the amount of vertices is undefined, so is the amount of lines and their positions/format

This time I will show in Unity.

These are 3 lines, I want to create a mesh that connects all of the dots

I am still wondering if I should have the order of the vertices in the line relevant or not. In the leftmost, the order of the lines and the vertices in the lines is enforced when drawing the blue lines. In the second example, the order of the lines is enforced, but the order of the vertices in the lines is ignored.

This can be a thing (pic 2)

hotwheels ate my pics

god fucking damn

example 1 is pic 1, example 2 is pic 2.
this time they got in the wrong order

serious question, can I rip you off?

What do you mean? You want to use a gore system in your gaem?

I mean a system that slowly erodes rather than taking whole chunks, your is the first one I've ever seen.
the one in L4D2 for example doesn't support more than 2 wounds because it uses a more expensive carving system.

Just try your best to make a polygon out of the lines and triangulate it, there's no other way.
There will be edge cases and you won't be able to account for all of them, so enforcing the line order instead of calculating it might be a good idea.

how the fuck do I let the sleeves settle properly?

but the mods assured me that i have nothing to worry about and that all troll submissions will be dealt with.
…was mine actually too well hidden? fucking christ these cunts are incompetent.
on the bright side, they said that they're making a bundle of all the games once it's over, so it'll be immortalized forever with all the genuine entries.

I wouldn't mind there being more games with proper gore, actually. A lot of anons yearn for it in TECHNOLOGY threads.

I'm sure once you step up to the challenge of making a system like that, the code and realization will be so very different (most likely better if you'll make it a more prominent feature) from mine that I won't have any right to complain anyway

And a friend of mine showed me that a system like that appeared at least once, in a game called "The Torture Game" so if anything, I am ripping that off

Technically Dwarf Fortress :^)

If either I or the other user try to make a system as advanced in a 3D environment, we'll end up with an awful case of scope/feature creep.

Anyway, mr.

I won't allow you to rip me off if the system will be used on the qts you draw.

Not so sure of that. I intend to make a map editor out of this. Being able to connect edges to make different "areas" would require the line order be calculated, otherwise It would not be usable on more than one face at once.
The vertex order inside the lines would probably be fine either way or they are actually the same thing, I am not so sure

The idea is to be able to make "roads" and be super easy to adjust where it is, whereas in blender, for instance, I'd have to not texture until the vertex data is ready, or potentially have to re-texture if I need to move some vertices.
That would include automatically placing props like rocks and grass in select area types and so and so on.

I expect this to save a lot of time when making rivers and roads (especially rock roads that are not simply a texture)

otherwise a line would not be usable on more than one face at a time*

it's like aryan simulator, but neat site tbh, thanks for the info user!

yeah it's obvious that i have no idea about human body at all lmao, figure i need to just draw actual human body and practice there

it looks fine user relax, time to draw grill
also i like the work that you put in the fingers and toes, eventhough it's kinda unnecessary since most people don't notice the toes of their character lol

You can add colour hints user, it even tells you so.
Also, it can be fun to run unrelated images through there.

so whenever you're close to starving you shit the food you ate as a baby?

More like

THIS WAS A MISTAKE.

how do you get the result that clean user? whenever i try to add colour hints it fucks up big time, like the eyes or hands part

fug

Neat shit.

and some tits

I'm gonna stop trying to bother modeling my own characters.
Can't even make a blank model following another 3D model's guide, it just looks like shit. And even if I did I wouldn't be able to get animations working.

Fuck this, I'll just spend 30 quid to get someone to make a blank model for me

It's not fine, user, it has to be fucking perfect. The sooner I file it down to perfection the sooner I'll be comfortable with making a grill.

I'm gonna keep fucking raping my artistic ability until it's done. No cornercutting.

This isn't perlin noise

is it still gamedev if I didn't develop anything but just spent a few months learning technical stuff

Okay that's a bit better.
Not sure why the last value has a black line through it, probably just rounding error.

Not sure what the difference is between this and

im trying to clean useless vertexes and shit on my mesh
its like rogue vertexes keep spawning, they never end
limited dissolve fucks the faces up or doesn't dissolve what i need
i have to remake several faces because the limited dissolve ate them and i didn't notice until 2 hours later because i was working on the other side of the mesh
i spent 4 hours on the first floor alone, and its not done yet
THE ROPE FEELS MORE AND MORE LIKE A GOOD IDEA EVERY MINUTE

Posting a build of the project my team is working on:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B9jBPUDOawPPNTFFMVA1VlpXcnM

We're making neat little Zelda Hydlide Dragon Slayer clone action adventure game starring a robot boy who's lost his memories.
Post comments, suggestions, etc. either ITT or on our blog (read the readme)

My life is good and stuff is coming together, if it makes you feel any better

well i'm not well versed on 3d modelling, so i can't tell if there's anything wrong, but so will most people, so why bother fixing something that is not broken mate? beside i think a good texture will cover any type of mistake, a good texture and a good lighting. Isn't that 3d object mostly relies on?

well i spent weeks upon weeks learning the technical stuff like inventory too, so yeah it's game dev even if you don't have any immediate goals, beside it's fun

look at makehuman

If I want to make a roguelike with grid-based turn based movement and all that, will I get shit on if I don't use ascii or static tiles but include animated sprites? Does that break the formula too much? Also will I get shit on if I try to sell it, as I notice most classic roguelikes are free?

if you're using 3dsmax, you can select all vertices and click weld to eleiminate the phantom vertices that occupy the same space

you're probably skipping the end or start coordinate, and it's thus being set to the default (0,0,0), instead of say your grey (.5,.5,.5).

for more cloudy effects do a lower isolevel (more surface, less empty space) for your final output.
Also, I'd probably use a warp fractal function w/your gradient lattice noise.
Like this: iquilezles.org/www/articles/warp/warp.htm

It turns out it's from (0,0) being NaN from the normalization. Somehow. I'ma fix that.

I can't really control how the noise is generated… I just have it generate a bunch of points and interpolate the points. Not sure how to bias it.

Well that blows, u should probably control that.

Why not use noise? It looks way better.
Here's an example of a single octave of warp noise for a gradient lattice noise alg.
had to whip up an output to texture demo rl quick… as I usually just use this for meshes n such

usually u bias it per the type of fractal function… if it's noise that is.
Which has really robust controls… ex is the basic controls for types, but u can adjust lacunarity/gain to adjust the final outputs for the fractal function; in addition to using that "isolevel" (though… for textures u need to renormalize the final color).
Also, there's lots of different versions of noise (lattice2D -> billow (good for clouds), gradient, value, etc) that u plug into these fractal functions.

Though, for clouds, I'd just do some gradient (billow variation) lattice noise (perlin noise), and then use a warp fractal function; with a few octaves added together then normalized for the texture color range.

also… forgot to expose the isolevel var.
basically, it's just adjusting your final output with a "same - value" (iso - level); simple stuff, but offers better control.

So here's an example with an isolevel (value of .44), and no isolevel (value of 0, i.e. no isolevel).

would you drink tea with her?

user they are just close friends

also the reason it's called an "isolevel" is due to the terminology of level sets; i.e. the math shit related to this. which can give u a lot of the more "solid" information surrounding the mathematics of noise, and the related fields of mathematics which is fuggin rabbit hole I'll tell ya h'wat
polite sage for completely irrelevant information, and cock stroking

Since it seems she is going to be in a lewd game might as well give you these

gotta love a nice fupa

I thought it was called a mound. fupa sounds too much like futa to me

Comfy. I can't read the title bar, what's it called besides 'turtle game'

in all seriousness though, that's not intentional user lol, i'm still using paintschainer.preferred.tech/ to color her and it just won't color the eye if there are hairs blocking it.

actually i'm just going to make a normal rpg, since i'm not really good at programming i'm planning to just focus on the story and lewd girls. But i'll think about adding some actual porn with some kind of patch

also

Could be worse, you could add hand holding like some true degenerate.

not sure about adding hand holding tbh fam, since i'm planning to make a mind controlling frog god as the true main character

I want to hold hands with the frog god.

just realized i fucked up the proportions again, spoiler because it's getting a bit too nfsw

l-lewd

if you leave an open window of changing the sprites without needing to gut the whole program, no one will care m8.
You can try to sell anything you want, it's you thats competing with free stuff

How do you guys stay focused on one thing? I keep trying to learn 999 things at once and it's a bit more fun this way but it also takes ages to get anything done.

nah it's just called Turtle Game, there will be a turtle later but im too busy to model stuff now, I don't even have the gameplay basics down yet. The windows bar thing is just unity info stuff like DirectX version.

You can't get around learning. You'll have to do it one way or another.

I don't mind learning, quite the opposite, I try learning so many things at once I end up wasting a lot of time compared to just learning one topic at a time. I guess it's just a matter of unlearning the habit of clicking a million links on wikis, but I'm curious if people have any tricks to make it easier to focus.

Hey guys,

In light of recent discussion of shit indies, how do you make a game and take pride of being not only from /agdg/, but 8-chan's agdg no less? Something to indicate that you're not just taking advantage of imageboards to shill your product one-time, but is one of the Holla Forums guys at the very least.

Some sort of right-wing easter egg?

just plop in the /agdg/ logo somewhere lol, maybe make an easter egg about hotwheels

rate character design, is it boring? lame? lewd enough?

JUST DO IT mate, it's hard and it will take your whole soul to finish a project this big alone, but if you really want to make it happen, you will find a way

if the game is good, i'll probably put agdg logo in front like a splash screen, if the game is good that is, wouldn't wanna embarass the forum lol

A simple hidden AGDG logo is the only way to do it that isn't too pretentious and doesn't attract epic redditors here. You could add the Holla Forums infinity symbol somehow too.

Right wing in itself has absolutely nothing to do with Holla Forums or agdg, it's just a theme that appeals to most people around here.

Now that she actually has a design, I quite like it.

do you think i should add anything to the design or should i change the color? for reference here is the uncolored version of it

Just sneak in the 8ch logo or a blood clover

Dude stipple transparency lmao
Just copypasted someone else's shader, but I think I know how to modify it to work with alpha maps, will possibly make for fancy looking particles.
I'll play around with it more when I eventually get to figuring out the particle system, I want dithered smoke and animated alpha test threshold for stuff like blood splatters and sparks, like in second pic.

Has anyone had any problems running into someone stealing or not taking down your own work from their own hosting bit? I'm currently having issues with that, more specifically on the Steam Workshop where this dude won't take down my models when I've asked him to. I've filed a complain and report to Steam but does anyone know of any other methods I can do?

how did it happened in the first place?

To get it right.

I want to look at it and be proud.

The game in question is Table Top Simulator, and it's ridiculously easy to take a model from someone's workshop and add it to your own. Normally I wouldn't really care if it was just a normal workshop, but this guy has plastered tons of fucking donation links to himself and I don't want my models associated with that shit.

I wanna fuck that woman creature.

Fucking lantern shield, or maybe some glaive guisarme looking thing.

Use a morning star.

they are all used. Mr. Not POTUS.

Here I made a little list with suggestions for your perusal.

I put a non-chained version on there, but sheeeit I could go either way on it.

stop user, you'll make poor yeb cry.

JEB IS A MISTAKE
JEB IS A BIG FAT MESS

Well, following any number of perlin guides online, I have a grid of say, 9x9 values with the 9th one repeated. A generate a random Vector2 value, within a circle, and normalize it. Then, I take 4 corners, call it a cell, and output X*Y points per cell (after taking the dot product between the point and the corners). I use smoothstep to interpolate it.

I mean, by definition perlin is noise, or did you just mean random values for each pixel?

So I'd basically be making noise presets with biases that happen to evoke a particular feeling (eg clouds)?

Now I've always seen it suggest that when you do a texture pass for octave noises, you'd repeat it 2x2 and with lowered transparency … do some techniques adjust the transparency more or less than others? Like the first texture has a weight of 4, the second a weight of 2, then 1, etc

So it's subtracting (or adding) a value to the final result? Do you normalize it between 0..1 after? I'd hate to iterate everything again

come on, we should be nicer. it's rude to bully suicidal people.

kill me

yes user
just very, very close friends doing very, very close friend things

Time management, maybe?

I meant ''tfw', in all its emotional imageboard beauty.

looks creepy tbh
I don't want an actual realistic character

Also, is there a way to do a menu that looks 2D but has 3D aspects to it?
I was hoping to make half of it just plain 2D and use half of the screen to display a model and other into

The internet is full of free c0 models you can use as a base.
For example:
wiki.polycount.com/wiki/BaseMesh

If you want a fully modeled, textured and animated model from someone else you will need more than just 30 bucks.

All, or at least most, are realistic, which is not what I need.
Also no, I just need a blank model with animations and no textures.

We're talking really low poly here, nothing professional.

ey with enough time you can become a jack of most trades and master of a couple. I do need better time management though.

Unity and Unreal can have multiple cameras, just have a seperate camera for whatever you want to display in your menu and render it on top of it. This is also useful for more customizable weapon viewmodels in first person shooters.

see embed related, five minutes in.

that's really interesting, probably gonan go with something like this

learn to draw realistically first, how else do you think you will learn what is the bare minimum for humans to look human?

you should've told this to penis user sooner, he's been trying to fix his base model for days

t-they are just hugging right

i-i mean, that's how me and my guy friend hug all the time.
nothing gay about that, right? it's just a hug.
yea, we're sometimes naked, why? it gets pretty warm here.

Haha homo

i-it's not gay if my penis is feminine…

No such thing.

explain this.

It's a Entartete "Kunst".

Can we keep the posts more on topic?
There's been a lot of offtopic shit the last week

Then take the most unrealistic one and take away some more detail and edit the proportions to be as unrealistic as you need. That's what a basemesh is supposed to be, a starting point to either remove or add details for whatever you need. Once i used one of those basemeshes to create pic related for example, which is stylized instead of realistic.
Why kill yourself for hours and make a new human model every single time if you can just take a basemodel that's free, or one that you made yourself previously.
For example the next time you model a monster or whatever, just get a free model that's as close to what you want, or search for similar stuff in your harddrive that you have already done, edit it, clean up the topology and you're ready to go.
Of course as a beginner that's something you shouldn't do, but in later stages on when you've already learned what you need, it's a big time saver.

Gonna try this out
Also my keyboard is stuck in japanese mode

How creepy does this look?

absolutely

it's kinda cute.

Don’t wanna be that guy but could you spoiler

Thanks fam

How's a hard working drawfag supposed to earn his (You)

it's okay, user. no one gives me (you)s for my work either. at least you got dubs.

I fucking hate this shitty meme

KILL IT WITH FIRE

what's the name of this meme again?

Mokou.

ants down my urethra

Okay so my current 3D program doesn't allow me to use symmetry for skeletons.
What the fuck do I do?

Do I wing it?

New program.

ever make something that serves no purpose whatsoever?

All day everyday. It doesn't usually look as cool though

That's called exercise.

don't know how to use anything else

then you don't have automatic symmetry.
what program?

Modo
It should have it, it's just not working

figured it out, apparently you need to also activate symmetry from the sidebar to get it to work

modern gamedev talking.

Does Mokou removes ayys?

I really liked the original model, but those textures… I dunno man
Tried making them unfiltered? It would go really well with the blocky model

dem texture doe, nice

she IS an ayy

even the galaxy is cucked

suddenly this Mokou makes more sense.

user, you gotta learn your touhou lore

No thanks I'm already too much of a faggot

Wasn't she the daughter of some random farmer who stole the elixir of immortality from the ayys? IIRC she had to jump into a volcano to grab it or something hence the pyrokinesis

i dunno man, i've never played touhou.

meh texturing was never really my biggest strength tbh, and I don't know of any better 3D painting program currently I use 3D Coat as I don't like the painting workflow of Blender. I would need something that is really gud at diffuse texturing since neither Skullshit 3.0 or Spring RTS engine supports anything more complex then a diffuse texture what a load.

thanks.

Welp time to call the X-Com I guess.

you can't never be too much of a faggot user, always reach for more

I'll allow it

i wanted to make a cube that rotated in both the x and z axes.
i got this instead.

Much better without the filtering
Also you paint inside the program?

FUCK RIGGING
FUCK ANIMATING
FUCK MODELING

(Checked)
Yeah via 3D Coat mayne.

hey while you're at it, you can fuck me too bby :^)

use blendoo

Every day of my life.
Looks good, though.

FUCK YOU

Rate my model, I did a bit of texturing but I think I'll redo it all in substance painter. Still need to rig it up as well.
I'm a bit torn between this, a low poly version, or a taller less stylised version.

Forgot the extra cloth thing in the render.

I can't figure out how to call a function of a script attached to an object from a different script of a different object in unity. Every single example on web had used getcomponent() to access the 1st script from the 2nd, but now some says you need to create a local variable of that script and then try to use getcomponent, claiming things changed in unity 5. None of that worked in my case as it shows error in declaration or it cannot reference nonstatic fields. What do?

you need a reference to the gameobject. GetComponent() just fine.

ex.

GameManager gameManage;

void Start() {
gameManage = GameObject.FindObjectWithTag("GameManager").Get.Component();

}

Unity 5 removed properties for the built in components.
You used to have fields for common components like renderer, collider and animation, but all they did was call GetComponent behind the scenes. For your own scripts, you always had to use GetComponent.
You should just use GetComponent and cache the result.
In your particular case, you need a reference to the other GameObject too, and call GetComponent on that to get a ref of the script you need.

looks pretty good, I think it needs some cloth bumpmaps though

See? That's why their forum is shit can't even handle some bantz. I don't even fucking care anymore at this point it's ded anyway.

Not just their forum mate, any forum.
Actually Holla Forums is the only site i've never been banned on so far. As i know of, at least one account in any forum/board or whatever i ever browsed, is banned because of shitposting, truthposting or bantz. Especially saying the harsh truth or throwing bantz towards most mods/admins/developers will get you instabanned because they can't handle even the slightest shit or insult. Even on 4cuck, though it wasn't hard anymore to get banned later on when cancer took over.

I feel like some of the people here spend so much time on chans that they forget how people in real life act.
What do you expect?

I mean shit I used to manage a big community, and despite shitposting and calling people nigger on chans I would've still not allowed that shit on my forum.

It makes me wonder, why does this forum or any phpBB based boards tends to attract moderators that are banning any users for even the softest version of bantz anyway? I would have excepted I would get banned in 1-3 days first given that hardly any shit gets posted on that place that and Spring hasn't gotten a new game for ages, don't get me started on the player counts. Oh well at least there is a few other places to shitpost on and not getting banned because the global admins of Holla Forums and the moderators here respect freedums of speech.

lel I managed to get banned a few times on other boards for shitposting too hard such as Holla Forums but that was a really a hard shitposting on a single thread only oh well I can post there anyway now

Because I can shitpost with practically any content I want that's why I like Holla Forums so much I don't even bother searching for any other forums anymore for shitposting.

Are you for real?

Fuck today is such an off day

I am, absolutely. There's a time and place to be a faggot online.

You don't make the same jokes with all your friends. You wouldn't talk the same way you talk to your best friend to your girlfriend. This is the same.

lel
what the fuck are you on about? yes i do

Chans don't work the same way forums do. If you have a forum behaving the same way as a chan, it becomes full of circlejerking and smaller groups because of nicknames. This eventually will make the community absolutely terrible and you will stop getting new users.

Chans are thing of themselves, you can't compare what you do here to what you do in other places. It's just not how it works.

That's just kind of disgusting

Also in other news I managed to rig my model

fuck rigging in particular. Weight painting is finnicky as fuck

I think I got it down now, but goddamn this shit is dumb

Even now, for whatever reason, the main bones in my legs are not pointing forward, so I need to do finnicky shit to make the legs move right
no idea how to fix it

Good joke. The rule cucks of Spring Forum moderators keep enforcing their rules for a long time by now and they still do not get any new users in any significant amount and I recall a shitty blockland forum where the Admin of it keeps enforcing the rules too, what happens? So good like no posting activity and the site host of the blockland forum decided to shut down his forum for good.

why would forums become full of circlejerking etc? genuinely interested in why would that happen, not trying to mock you
nah, its just the 'chan-speak' doesn't differ much from regular speech between friends, not every country is as retarded as the USA on faggotry and niggers.

You can't really compare that to the fact that those forums are just not popular, communities have their life spans, after they stop being popular they die either way. But believe me, cliques, oldfags and circlejerking are the main reasons why a community starts declining because new users just can't fit in.
Managing a forum like a chan speeds up the whole process.

Old users will know other old users better, they have known each others for longer, they will have their own inside jokes and their own network of people they like to interact with.

Now put yourself in the shoes of a new user, possibly someone that has been on the internet for a long time and actually knows how communities work. You subscribe to a forum that has been around for a few years, at that point you're together with the newer users, possibly at a point where the community has already started growing exponentially and there's many more new users than there are old users.
The chances of you getting into one of the groups that are actually active on a forum and get out of the people that post occasionally get slimmer and slimmer.

Compare it, if you will, at trying to join an already formed group of friends IRL.

It's important to mention that all of this will eventually happen to any forum, what I'm saying is that making chan speak readily available to a community is just going to speed that up, shortening the lifespan of the community itself.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure why, but I have had some experience in this and it seems the way it works.

The way spring forum was managed was a clique and circlejerk for almost a decade now, they were banning legit over any tiny complainment regarding engine bugs or because a mod doesnt like you ingame - there were mod creators which got their mods purged from the forum due to that in the past.
Stalin purged on the forum once the ban you are shit as well, leaving holes in unrelated threads just because they decide to vaporize X persons years of posting

Well that's just shitty moderation, nothing to do with not allowing people to shitpost and call each other nigger.

So? It gets to show that even when that forum is on it's decline phase and that they are even banning content creators for a mild bantz just shows them that for them enforcing the rules is much more important then to ensure the survival of that community, not that content creators should get any better standard just for creating shit but it will just speed the process of decline even more as that forum will have less interesting content for any potential users to even come in.

Dunno man I wouldn't call the screenshot that was posted here mild bantz

Mild bantz or not my point still stands, they don't give a shit about the community survival. No community = 1 less places for them to enforce their shitty rules.

Then I'm not sure I understand your point.
We already established bad moderation is, of course, bad.

Look, since the Spring Forum is a official forum that means it is the main attraction for their main product which is the Spring Engine. During it's heydays it about 300 users in the lobby alone nowadays it is less then 20~ players online and funnily enough Balanced Annihilation game is the most played game. There were a lot of games made despite most of them where TA based there is still plenty made at that time, now nowadays there is only a few TA based game developer there and a few non TA ones. I haven't heard of any new serious non TA or even Total Annihilation based game being made let alone idea fags popping in. It's main content site is the springfiles.com and the games page shows hardly any activity only the maps are being made a bit more but not so frequent anymore at all.

1 year ago or so the developer of Evolution RTS decided to greenlight his game on steam which theoretically would resurrect the spring forum again right? Nope it did not plenty of new users came in but most of the time were confused and stuck already at things like basic installation and playing which was a major loss for the community as a whole of course for this part the forum rules have nothing much to do as the issue was a different one, to make this matter worse the developers of Zero-K decided to separate themselves from the main Spring community and are basically making their own thing now with their own lobby and what else and of course the Zero-K which means even less activity on that forum

springrts.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=49fed85e5ace04d5d173cf3fba4e347b
The WiP thread activity here gets slower with each passing year it is not a steady/stabilized page count anymore it becomes less. 7 pages of a WiP for 1 year is pretty low considering it was much more higher. Since I have now a interest in maintaining my RTS game now I could theoretically bump that WiP thread to a few pages more but well too bad now I am perma banned now :^(. And therefore this is my point that a strict rules enforcement is very bad when this forum is on it's decline phase and the last phase would be the death, I would have hold on with my shitposting extra for that forum alone but since it's activity as I written before is very low it is not even worth the effort doing that.

In other words I wouldn't be surprised if this forum will be shut down or in archival mode only in about 3-5 years due to no activity, a

lmao meant to write
Stalin came himself to the forum to commit the purges

the one with no extra cloth looks better tbh, it has that modern cute 3d aesthetic

you should add some wrinkle in the hat, it looks too stiff, the cloth looks fine though

and i'm planning to make the second character to only wear bra and panties, feels like i'm deliberately trying to make it harder to get accepted to steam fam, but my hormone guides me

What the fuck.

Not sure I totally trust myself to animate the chain in a way I would personally find satisfactory, and relying on physics too much gives a level of RNG that I don't want in the combat. I like the idea though.

Pistol and katana are already done. Though if I need another pistol I'll look into the CZ-75.
Everything else seems doable. I'll look into each of these and ask the thread again before I start work on said category of firearm. Most of the combat is going to take place in close quarters so it would make sense to have more than one kind of shotgun. Still not sure though, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Also progress.

oh also, you can call GetComponent from rigidbody and animator, don't know how the fuck it works but that's that

Looking back over my old shit makes me want to make this happen

the code behind this is the most disgusting thing i've ever made, but at least it works.

I don't even want to consider how it must look. But it works, that's the important thing

try to change the form into "Jeb!" user

there's only eight dots. i might be able to spell it out, but not much else.
besides, i tend to avoid direct references to real life in my work.

Well, where do I sign up for clinical autism and get my gibs?

Are you trying to draw a 3D object, with only using a 2D drawing context (e.g. a library that only lets you set pixels or draw in 2D)? Would you like some help with that?

With some basic math it's actually not that difficult to do.

but the biggest question is why would you draw a 3d object using math?

i'm basically using a few variables as coordinates in GM and drawing lines in between them. not an efficient way of doing it but simple to mess around with.
it's not really the math of it that's hard, actually. it's the graphical side of it, and making it all look decent and transition smoothly.

i got bored in physics class, came up with the idea of drawing a cube that rotated in two axes at the same time. fucked up some of the coordinates and got the shape you see at the beginning.

Would you pay $92.00 to supply your grocery store with this beauty?

nu tred wen

Page 13

REEEEEEEEEEE

but when

Nobody here can tell the future.

user come on I'm just fucking around.

It'd be fractal functions (warp, fbm, ridged multifractal, etc).
Which loops over the noise, and adjusts the "sum" of noise per loop (octave); using various approaches to this to get various effects.

well, u mentioned earlier u can't control the outputs… which is odd if you're using noise (perlin, simplex, cell, etc).
So I suggested using noise, so u can control the outputs (i.e. predictable and deterministic outputs).

w/e works for u really, I just normalized the results, as I don't use my noise for textures (posted earlier was a quick demo I coded up, not actually use that for anything else).

Well… for textures, I'd surmise that it would be a good idea to normalize it; though I've by no means dwelled on the best approach here.
However, for terrain (main purpose of my noise/fractals) then no I don't normalize it.

page 13 soon

"Soon"

(((soon)))

What a fag.