pastebin.com/xQB9L74c

Wiki:

/tg/station: tgstation13.org/wiki

8Station: 8station.wikidot.com

Servers:

Daedalus: byond://82.165.36.160:1337

Daedalus Contacts:

[email protected]/* */

Or the public Holla Forums mumble, I will rarely be here but you can leave a message with them.

FAQ:

We are running a /tg/ fork with some custom content.

Consult this guide: tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide

Github:

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station

Last thread is on page13 in >>>11956085
Why is no one making the new thread? Not even the shitposters bothered to hijack it.

Well that OP formatting is just simply great. Just fuck my shit up.
We got no one on the server right now, if you want to join and learn how to play, now's the time.

Let's do this.

Hint: don't simply copy paste the pastebin.
It fucks up the formating because the author is a dipshit.

byond://66.150.214.150:7272

Copy pasting in 8ch gives you reddit spacing now, you have to manually correct it.

Gib list of custom content, please.

the only thing which comes to mind is RnD is changed in that you need to keep it lubed otherwise it'll blow up on you in exchange for better production

there's tiny things here and there but that's literally it, everything else is old /tg/ code or stolen from other code bases, funnily enough though the Dakimakura wasn't

NO ONE IS ON ANY OF THESE SERVERS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

blame the lack of coders
blame the autistic fuckers doing everything they can to keep everyone out
blame the dramafags who never let anything go
blame goon shills always fucking our shit up
blame the totally not a circle jerk special group think voice chats
blame the shit hosts who don't fucking listen and get carried away with their bullshit
blame the lack of any mapper willing to not give up after their first try
blame the shittty spriters who barely add anything to the game and if they do sprite something it's something only they want

but most of all blame your self for doing nothing

I'm gonna try to learn how to play so I can join eventually. Gambate, serber-chan.

Chek'd and Kek'd. I have to agree about botanists, the few that have it mastered are pretty spooky, don't know how they don't get raided more often. I guess because most people don't realize or don't want to think about their disturbing potential. Where's viro go on that scale, you think?

It's already on the list.

That's what happens when only gitgud is allowed to host.

that imagine reeks of nu/tg/ tbh

Tell me about Space 'Nam, Holla Forums.
What really was it?

Someone needs to code something that allows people to teleport between two serbers (obviously they would need the same codebase and also have authorization by both servers)
Like being able to go between Bagil and Sybil with the same character on nutg would add a whole nother level of gameplay. There would be jurisdiction wars, you could make a game out of suviving itself. you'd have to balance it though

stupid idea and I don't think it can be done with the code base anyways

You already have the cancer of half the server hopping when they inevitably die from an invulnerable murderboner with admin powers only to have them do the same on the other station. Why would you want them to move from clearing the first station to demolishing the second?
Also fuck off back to nuTGoon.

Oops, so it is. That seems about right.

I haven't played this thing ever, but are admins always such a no fun faggots? It sounds like they are in every story like this. Is it not the securitys job to deal with murderers etc. and not the admins?

if sec was actually competent in their job this wouldn't be an issue but they're never going to be unless

Server Restart

I broke something so I rebooted the box.

New round up RIGHT NOW.

Having even 5 minutes of video on the camera feeds would kill the server. Just too much to handle, and I don't think BYOND could even handle video playback, it sucks with a GIF for a nuke screen.
You could have it just show a text warning if a camera shows someone attacking someone else, but that would get stupid and metagamey. I'd laugh if that was implemented, though, and it had an alert when people dropped items so you could beat the shit out of them have a chat about station cleanliness.

As for suit sensors, we have death implants for the Heads, anything more is overkill if it goes into each person. Then every single traitor has to do something clever like space someone alive so they don't cause an alarm too quickly.

MedBay and Sec should be working together to detect murders, but they never do. And then there's the retards who don't turn on suit sensors because they want to commit trespass or don't want to take the risk someone in science wants to kill them and don't want to give out coords.

yeah no shit

Playback only needs to be implemented with a log.

Technically, there's already something like this in the form of the recorders (that nobody ever uses).
It stores any line spoken in it's radius in a tape and can be played back in order, with the current time between each line as well.

Something similar could be made for the cameras but for "emotes", actions that people do and show up on the screen but aren't spoken like "Shitcurity is trying to put handcuffs on Grifferon".

The problem is that, if it applied to every single camera, it'd be quite a fucking massive log and would make any form of stealth impossible in front of cameras.
Their purpose is to be that thing the night officer is looking at when he's awaiting for his next shift and something that Officers should do when they aren't called anywhere or the Warden when there's no prisoners.

It'd be far better however if the Camera Computer acted for humans much like the AI vision does, so they could see what the cameras see and move around at will instead of fiddling with the stupid list.

But recorder 1- doesn't record physical changes in the environment 2- aren't setup across the station at roundstart 3- need to be manually reset once out of memory
The fact that applying a text-based videolog to cameras would prevent stealth in front of cameras is precisely the point here: firstly most antags will not only go into maint but also into a locker to do most actions that may have them found out, so anyway this is already handled (at least on non-lowpop serbs) so that doesn't change much, but at least it will make it harder to murderbone and give more chance to the targets to figure out something's wrong (as antags will now have to disable cameras before doing something). Moreover it's not like just because logs are available for 5 minutes, people will magically know what camera to use at all times, and hiding one's ID will also become more relevant. Overall, I think it would make antags more interesting and give them less of a chance to stealthextend the round.

All this talk and no one on daedalus and i can't connect to the altserber to even check on it.

Is anyone even gonna play vidya games?

that's the stage we're at now, only afew people are willing to play low pop on our serbs and the other half of those people are the reason why low pop isn't fun

pastebin.com/fngyh23a

clowns? more like clumns

bump

Dead serber
Dead game
Dead life

see

I've done just about everything in my power to keep this game alive and time after time I see it go from revitalizing itself to killing itself. I tried keeping an admin style that isnt no-fun allowed while still keeping shitters contained. When Gitgud fucked up, which he did CONSTANTLY, I vocally called him out on it and tried to get him to take a step back and do whats best for the server rather than forcing his "vision" on it. When I was an admin on Sierra's server, I CONSTANTLY reminded the other admins to stop fucking with the rounds, not that there was anything I could do about it. I'm no good at coding so I sprited a ton of easy to implement things for the game hoping it would light a fire under some novice coder. I don't know how many hours I've spent on each server during low and no pop rounds, just trying to find ways to entertain myself so I could stay on the server. I've thought about reopening firestation so I can run a server in the way I think will keep people enjoying it but that ship has long since sailed and I no longer have the means to host a server and even if I did the water has been too muddied and people are burned out to want to play.

i want to play but there's no one to teach and no one willing to listen to a grumby old asshole on how to R&D
maybe i should just log onto the server and try to learn how to do a random department i don't know on my own, maybe someone else will join while i do and i'll have fun
maybe when i have more time to play.

\\//::,,::\\//

Wasn't someone working on a 3D SS13 "inspired" game?

Go to Paradise Station or /tg/ Station's forums and check their guides. They have lots of guides for every department on the same codebase that most servers use, including this one.

RnD isn't terribly fun, it's just follow a set list. The fun comes when you get lots of weapons and science shit to fuck around with. Bonus points if there's a traitor you can kill and steal an emag off to unlock the best stuff.

There's Ion, made by the scam artist who made DayZ. It had the fucking NT Logo on it for a monetised Xbox YouTube ad, which Goon should of fucking taken them to court over for a meme.

Some user on >>>/agdg/ was making it. He said he finished Singularity and Atmos and just wanted to make the base game then sell the source code for $10. No updates from him in a while, I think.

I don't go to furry nor goon-infested shitholes, i already know how they play and what their rules are. It doesn't interest me to play with such people.

Oh no, don't play on them, just go their forums. They have written up guides for departments, including RnD lists.

The fun about RND is figuring out how to autistically out-do the RND lists as efficiently as possible, learning how to do it with handicaps (no diamonds, no uranium, no PICO level 7 mats) and how fast it can be done without going on an autistic quest to steal the armory/techstorage/mining for shit. It is no fun to just copypaste shit when you could learn how to do it the easy, the efficient, the fast, the hard and the "HOLY SHIT THEY SABOTAGUED RND THE FUCK OUT WHAT DO I DO" way.

Okay so I've only just downloaded Byond and started the game and I gave no idea what's going on. The wiki doesn't help either. What do I do?

Or at least tell me how to refill the water pack for janitor so I can get the ball rolling

the game is actually very intuitive and most if not all your problems can be solved via either click dragging or using everything on everything to see what it do

Use the hose on a water tank

Use it on nearby sinks for infinite water. You have to activate the backpack until you have something in your hand first, though.

Remember to use all the tools on everything, every type of tool. Remember to also use them on people when you don't like what they're saying, but beware of consequencies.
Apply common sense to mechanics in terms of Windows Click'n Drag interfaces.

If you really want to be good as a janitor, go around removing lights, using a wrench on the frame, then putting the light back in so they dont get destroyed by electrical storms

stuck with cuckchan /vg/ and occasionally a heavy RP server

Another retarded question for a new player! How do you tell if you're a traitor? Is it 100% confirmed you'll get it if you pick yes?

no and a thing will pop up

The game scales the number of traitors based on the current playerbase. Everyone that picks "yes" is a candidate and it's chosen randomly among them who is going to be the traitor at the beginning of the round.
Enough traitors are picked until all the needed ones are ready and only then the game starts.

Last I recalled, it was something like 1 traitor for every 7 players.
Other modes like changeling and cultist need more players, cult only showing up if there's at least 15 players.

When you're a traitor, a few seconds after the round starts something in the text area pops up informing you so, telling your objectives and what tools were given to you.
If nothing popped up, you're not a traitor.

vg is queersvile. play tg.

This game is extreme quality

I need my daily dose of real spessmen. Cancerous servers aren't cutting it any more. The pure stuff if what I need.

so I did a necromorph based on that talk we had

thoughts?

s'alright
Arms should be moved up more since they emerge from the back of the spine where you feel your shoulderblades.

I based it off of the necromorph from the multiplayer game mode from the second game which isn't the normal one but I'll see what I can do

this better?

~10 fags on now

just joined and its playing major tom
i have no clue whats happening or what im doing

I don't have time to download and play this tonight but it looks neat. Will there be anything going on fri-sunday?

The whole "traitor" thing sounds cool - like mafia, or town of salem.

the game is fun with 20 or so people

I can never join this server.
It loads to a blank screen, then Major Tom plays obscenely loud, then the game just doesn't load.

I know it's probably resources not being loaded, but I checked my ingoing/outgoing connections and there's nothing there.

i have never seen a less respectable male in my life

Hey, at least he's not Anthony Burch.

thats /tg/ genetics in a nutshell

what was he gonna cosplay as the clown?

Why is nobody remaking SS13 on something that is not BYOND-repair?

Theres like a million efforts to do exactly that and all of them become vaporware because SS13 is so stupid in-depth doing so is difficult

Which admin is that?

I have. Just one example: gitgud.

feemjmeem

Find someone with both the time and dedication (no adult with a job) and the understanding of complex gas physics (no NEET) and you're golden.