Atelier thread

Firis is releasing in a few hours
Talk about your favorite totally not lesbian alchemists.

Whats your favorite game in the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256758580515626/
mega.nz/#!4N9XUDAA!WDXtlIV26PGkOeyNbljB-13PbQF11uRoiDzmbwGh9EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think Rorona is the cutest

inb4 impregnate

Meruru was comfy and seeing the kingdom grow was neat.

inb4 impregnate rorona shitposte-

Nevermind, thanks

Meruru was a very fun game, it didn't have quite the same impact in the story as Totori did, but the alchemy system was the most complex it's been in a while. I remember writing actual physical notes when planning out end-game equipment and items, most fun I had in a while.
Meruru also had a much clearer progression/learning curve than other games so I'd been inclined to recommend it to newcomers, but it might end up spoiling them so they wouldn't be able to enjoy Totori and vanilla Rorona. That and the casually dropped Totori true ending spoilers…

I tried emulating Mana Khemia only to have HIGH SCHOOL shit thrown at me. Do the Atelier games not start getting good until the PS3 games? I've only enjoyed Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana.

See anons, we only needed to wait

I can't possibly play all these games. Haven't even gotten Plachta her body back and haven't seen any sexy doll joints.

I want to bully Rorona pregnant

Atelier Shallie. I liked her Japanese VA. There isn't really a yuri vibe in the game, at least non I perceived.

I have to say that Gust is bringing out these games faster than I can play.

Firis is out on PSN!

Whenever I think about the fact that I will never ever get to impregnate Totori and live a quiet life running a small alchemist shop with her while raising our children, I start to want to cry.

Out of all possible worlds, why was I born in the gayest.

Atelier Iris 3. Before Mana Khemia started all this time management bullshit.

Give it a chance. It's one of the most fun jrps. PS3 ateliers felt like a let down after this.

Time management was in Atelier from it's very creation. And I hope you're not impluing MK's mechanic is a time management.

I admit I started with the Iris series on the PS2 but none of them had time management. Also 3D Gust games that aren't Ar Tonelico 3 and Ar Nosurge have dull as hell combat. At least the 2D sprite work in the old Atelier series was cool to look at now all combat is just plain boring.

I hope you aren't implying AT3 combat was good.

I'm just saying I had more fun with Ar Tonelico 3's combat than any of the post PS2 Atelier games. Seriously I've tried to like them I really have but the combat is just plain boring and not cool looking at all, more cartoonish really. Okay I'm done shitposting your Atelier thread I just wanted to get that off my chest because I have no idea what you niggers see in the modern Atelier games.

Have you tried E&L and Shallie? The combat is not as good as MK but definitely better than AT3. Shallie is basicalty MK with poor balance.

I've tried Meruru, Totori and Sophie. The only one I even finished was Totori because the story was pretty interesting but I still struggled with the combat. I guess I can give those a try I'm just really put off by the combat in the ones that I did try that I'm kind of hesitant.

A new one today? I didn't even know one was announced. How's it looking from previews, more of the same direction the last 2 games have gone in? I still need to try Sophie but I hear it's painfully average.

Came out like 30 minutes ago and theres no preload for some reason.

That's an interesting compromise, I guess. I'll give it a try eventually.

Got it as a gift from a stranger. Unsurprisingly it is unplayable without a gamepad. Fuck you Koei Tecmo. At least it has a Japanese audio. No AA. For some reason another fucking Koei Tecmo game that makes my GPU overheat, even though the game looks like nothing special. Jesus fucking Christ.

Are you catfishing or something?

Some guy said he had an extra because of a stupid reason and he ended up giving me the game. Even though I wasn't even expecting it or anything. If anything with Nier probably getting a Denuvo I won't be able to play the game I actually was looking forward to. At least for a while. And to top it all this is the second Koei Tecmo game that is trying to fry my GPU for some reason.

Oh no! You might have to wait a mere week or two before you play it. Breathe deep fam - keep calm.

It took a lot longer for most Denuvo games and there are many that are still uncracked.

Honestly I've never seen someone mispell Totori this bad

Nepnep is best Atelier.

Does Firis have 16:10 support (or at least use black bars instead of stretching like Sophie does)?

Denuvo stil not confirmed

Likely not

What else could they be doing to "deal with piracy"?
So will someone explain to me why this anime game is trying to overheat my GPU?

Never forgive

Everytime

Any straight up gay side characters?

And is there any for PSP? I ain't buying a fucking Vita.

Yes

There's an otome game they did for the PSP, if you feel like self-inserting as a girl. Apart from that there's the two Mana Khemia games, Atelier Judie and Atelier Violet. I hope you know your runes because only Mana Khemia 1 is in english.

How well do the vita games play if you pirate them? When vita piracy it was still in its infancy i heard it was shit, has that changed?

I don't self insert. Ever. I forget what otome means and if I were going to play something primarily for cute girls without being a waifufag, then I'd want a solid RPG with a nice twist on mechanics.

It the latter connected or is it a sequel purely as far as "more and better"?

lmao gays

What are little girls for if not self insertion?

I want to insert myself into Totori.

so everyone want to be the girl everyone want to impregnate? LONDON

So anyone willing to talk about the game instead f waifufaggery?
Can anyone playing the PC release tell me if it's as broken as Sophie?

How is AT3 on the whole, anyhow?

Wasn't Mana Khemia 1 PSP pretty bad off compared the PS2 version, at least in the western release (not sure if the JP version suffered the same technical issues, or if that was somehow something NISA caused)?

It's pretty bad. I felt like it lacked a lot of the charm from the older AT games.

It is broken. Huge GPU loads for many people. Seems like that sometimes it breaks even further and you can get high CPU loads as well. Use your money on Nier or something.

Sounds like it has the same issues that Sophie had on launch. They got patched shortly after release with Sophie so wait a few days.

Arland series in Steam when?
i have it on vita, but i still want it to be known to PC bros

I miss the good old days of 4:3.

Ar Tonelico Qoga? Good game if you're a pedo fag like me. But don't play it if you're not a weeb.

So soon, still in Sophie these are not games I rush. Oh well, by the time I get around to it any problems that are going to be fixed be.

So how are the panty shots in this one?

Refunded this pile of port shit. I even copied the game to another folder just because I can. Not that I am going to play it anyway.

It's much worse than Sophie. Sophie biggest issue was CG and interface being 720p while Firis is a Vita port with shitty optimisation.

Sophie had the same issues though are you retarded?

I was testing pirated Sophie yesterday and it was working perfect, I just downloaded a dll from the Steam forums to make it use only one CPU core and I'm getting perfect 60 fps, no crashes and no issues. CPU and GPU temp is fine, CPU barely reaches 50ºC and I didn't check my GPU (970) but I have a custom fan curve that makes it pretty loud around 70ºC and it was completely silent while playing this.

I'm using a wireless 360 controller, I don't usually play these ported games with m&k so maybe the keyboard controls are shit.

Can you upload your crack and that dll somewhere? Would love to give it a try to the copy of my refunded game.

I won't be back home for like 5 or 6 hours, but I downloaded the CODEX release from rarbg and I got the dll from the steam forum while searching for the CPU usage thing, I'm sure you can find them pretty easily.

No, Sophie had 720p interface and CG only. Textures, models and everything else was from ps4. This game has 544p CG, 720p interface and no idea what textures. Outlines looks like they are rendered in 544p as well. Also broken HDR and shadows.Sophie also had stable 60fps with x4 MSAA (except menus), while this game have fps drops with no MSAA at all.
Now talk about being retarded.

Not sure if I should bother downloading the whole game again.

The game was bad, only two endings with little difference (craft philosopher stone or not), and all personal events with other characters can be completed in one playthrough. Combat helping is now buttonless, so characters attack creatures automatically indefinitely. That's not counting not having a time limit, which makes it even less fun. And i was playing on highest combat difficulty, you just have to grind longer.

Oh, you meant Sophie. I guess might as well play that first.

Wow, you are a monster. Fuck you.

No I mean it had the same issues with high CPU and GPU usage dumbass. I have no idea about textures.

Why would you not play Sophie?

Cause I got gifted the second one. I am not buying the first one, especially after the second one was trying to fry my GPU. And they seem to have mostly different characters anyway.

MAGNET AND CRACK PLZ

Sophie a slut

A SLUT!

anyone got an answer to this?

Thinking I might want to play an Atelier game about now. Are either of the two PC-released games good (and good to start with) or should I go play some of the emulatable ones for PS1/PS2 instead? The only Atelier I've played before is Iris 3

Start with these ones, then emulate

The new games are the best ones as they get more primitive and less inspired as you go back because the developers were independent and had less money and staff when you dial back years.

Can I get "Things you'd never hear on Holla Forums" for 1000?

Its rare, but it still happens

Ok ok Gust is now controlled by Koei Tecmo but their management isn't bad and the're just pouring money in to Gust. It's true their largest games were late PS2 era ones but if we're talking strictly Altelier we have the most complex and polished games right now.

But you're mostly right that in this new post-2007 era mostly everything is getting shittier by the minute.

pic unrelated btw

This does little else but throw your sense of tastes into severe question.

No fuck you, you just need to learn some management.

That still doesn't stop your opinion from being suspect, faggot. Instead of actual praise on the most recent installments you write off the Arland & Dusk trilogy as archaic and ancient and boil things down to you having shiny thing syndrome. If you'd actually detail what it is about Firis (because Sophie is PS3 tech, sorry to say—no amazing leaps & bounds in innovation there) that's amazing in detail, I wouldn't dismiss your opinion as shit.

Well, it wasn't shit before. It was severely suspect & misinformed. Now it's shit.

How was I supposed to know you weren't some baiting idiot with you saying I have bad taste and being a hipster?

Did you play all the games? I did.

That's good for you. Now actually quantify you own damn opinion with something a little more meaty than "The new games are the best ones as they get more primitive and less inspired as you go" Because somehow the lot of us are able to go from Dusk, backwards with next to no difficulty. So how are you the special snowflake?

You know, he never explicitly said arland or dusk, he might have just meant that the ps1/2 era games are more archaic and primitive, particularly since he was responding to a guy that only seems to have pc. I mean, even compare vanilla rorona to totori, there were some pretty big leaps between ps2 ateliers - Rorona - Totori onwards ateliers, and it's pretty hard to say that they weren't more archaic.
If what you're trying to say is that it's in bad to taste to say a game is worse because it's more archaic than I guess that's reasonable though

Insultingly bad. It's not the hypersexualization that's the problem either (like a lot of posts on the internet would suggest). It's just a plain shit game in every regard.
- trying to rip off Tales combat and failing miserably
- just mash one button and shake your controller from time to time
- you never feel in control during combat, it's more like randomly flailing around and hoping you'll last long enough to get your reyvatails off
- AI is insultingly dumb and will just bumrush whatever is closest with no regard to anything
- I hope you didn't enjoy the combat OST's in the previous games cause you're in for one hell of a surprise
- backtracking, endless backtracking
- let's shove a bunch of other girls inside every cosmosphere and shift focus away from the heroines
- thanks to this they appear much blander than the old heroines ever were
- OST while still good is considerably shorter compared to the first two games
- NISA release has horribly blurry text that will give you a headache, Japanese release didn't have that
- Text overflow issues here and there
- Terrible graphics (think original Rorona but worse) and performance but you already expected that from a GUST game

Can't comment on the plot, I never finished it. I tried, I really did though because I loved the first two games and wanted to see it to the end. I put about 20 hours in and dropped it around the time Finnel runs away. Just play Ar Nosurge if you want more Ar Tonelico and disregard this one.

Please answer.

So dll link?

I'm already back at work today holy shit, did you seriously not find it?

Generalizing is bad and you should feel bad for cosigning it, mmkay? Also

Still waiting for those details.

Dual audio is make or break for me. So the old Atelier games are haram.

Just downloaded Firis to see how badly it runs on my PC.
It just crashes when I try to launch it.

Welcome to the gook coding

I told you about those Tecmo Koei ports, dude.

Complaining about backtracking in a series where all the games are guilty of it is beyond idiotic, and for the rest, your post is nothing but a laundry list of complaints about the battle system. Which combined with ignoring with the core of the game (the story, world and characters) and not actually finishing the game makes your opinion useless.

No one who actually loved the series would tell others to ignore the game that concludes its story, to say nothing of the retarded idea of going straight into Ar nosurge without checking Ciel nosurge in some way first.

I had fun backtracking in those games because their gameplay wasn't shit.
Yeah, because that's what 90% of the gameplay will consist of. I guess I just gotta suck it up, eh?
But I did say what my issues with the characters were.
No shit? That's why I explicitly mentioned it.
I'm not here to spoonfeed him, just sharing my opinion, you nigger.

This wouldn't be a bad thing, you know.

Fuck.

All this guy said is true but it's still an Ar Tonelico game and there is no reason not to play it if you enjoyed previous two because the biggest pros of the series - music and stting are still present and it's not like plot or gameplay of the previous two games were good either.

NO ONE CAN STOP THIS DRIIIIIIIIIL!

Like what?

REmake

As if AT1's gameplay was anything good. And your part on the characters was nothing but complaints about the personas even though the heroines still get some decent development and tje secondary cast go through some development on their own.

And you finished making your opinion useless to anyone interested in going through the series with that "spoonfeed" comment.

But her game sucked. It turned me off from the whole series.

Nevermind. Playing right now. I like it a lot more than Sophie so far. Time limit and huge open areas are great. Areas have a lot more soul too, with sidequests scattered around. Has some weird performance issues too, but not as bad as I had expected.

Is Firis download only in the west or is there physical release?

Physical release for the PS4, Download only for PC, but that shouldn't surprise you.

I don't mind burning down all these not-lesbo alchemists for Mana Khemia

Comedy gold

These niggas will never get any PC ports right

And they are trying to somehow blame a monitoring tool for their own fuck up.

Game run like a shit on all platforms, not just PC. So send your complains to Gust instead.

How broken is this game?

How did you get Firis to run? All I get is crash on startup myself.

I got the codex version and it works great. I don't know why you nigs think playing on craptops for games is a good idea anyway.

I've been trying to Codex version and I can't get past the config.

So, can you waifu these grills in these games or do you play as the grill?

Managed to get it running. Had to install windows update KB2670838

When I was looking into it I also noticed talk about that particular windows update causing problems with peoples PCs, so install that at your own risk.

oh god
someone help me
my last windows up date was a month ago
but…

Who is best girl and why is it Wilbell?

Get past the starting willage you double nigger. I had stable 60 fps in crysis 3 with maxed settings yet getting single digit fps in some forest areas here.

In Sophie I was alright in the forest
In Feris I was alright in the desert

both are the codex releases what is your config? Do you have an intel GPU ?

I have seen some FPS drops in Sophie. So far they've been momentary drops rather than full on "this area is unplayable". Honestly I've had to remind myself that I'm not playing an emulator, because this is the kind of shit I get on some emulated games.

Looks like Koei doesn't "localize" games but instead does translation as they kept in a part in in Feris where the village chief talks about the allowance he gets after he got married. That's a really japanese thing to do and I'm sure treehouse, nisa, 8-4, etc would cut out or change to something stupid.

What are your specs? I find that a lot of people don't list their specs when talking about this because they have shitty machines.

The CPU is overclocked to 4.4GHz and the game is running from the 1tb SSD.

That's pretty much what I have but I have 16GB DDR3 RAM. I don't get frame drops but for when synthesizing when it gets all swirly.

I realize that one shouldn't need anything more than 8GB on a quad core with 64bit OS, but after hearing Ryzen needs a lot of fast speed RAM to take advantage of its features, and JC3 demanding you have more than 8GB I figured it was time to change. I initially got 8 to add to my 8 to and OC'd my CPU to 4.5 because I wanted to brute force CEMU in to working.

That being said I think these two new Atelier games are pretty unoptimized because the port was just importing everything in to a windows environment and not calculating draw distance taxation on resources and stuff like that. I'm not expert but for looking so simple the game does require tons of resources.

The game runs fine on my ancient core 2 duo system, so it's probably a bug again.
Just some framedrops when entering new areas for the first time.
Also anyone with the codex version knows how to unlock the bgm dlc? It says it's unlocked, but I don't see the additional music.

cute!

Is there anything worse than Logix Logy Fiscario?

Isn't it both? Or is that another game?

If you're talking about Sophie there's a thread on the Steam forums about it, apparently Kekmo forgot to include a bunch of files to activate the DLC. Classic Kekmo. But there's a download to fix it.

steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256758580515626/

Also the BGM options are on the save menu, not the system menu.

Nevermind. Apparently the Codex release doesn't contain the bgm dlc.

In Iris you play as a guy and can waifu.
In all the other games you play as a girl and can talk out guys who then blush and give you gifts but it's never official canon boyfriend/girlfriend shit.

I agree with them 95% of the time that all girls must be pure, but just once, every now and then, I want to take the self-insertion all the way.

Worked for me with the codex version. Also seemed to unlock a ton of other DLC that I didn't realize I was missing. Just downloaded from the Mega and dropped everything in the DLC folder.

HAHA yeah I'm glad you noticed that. In so many games and anime the guys gets the girl, kisses her, has children with her, etc in the end. Sometimes grabs her tits and fucks her.

Girls? Oh hell no! Hand holding with a guy is even taking it way too far. It starts and stops right at the presents do not take it any further or your will be japanese haram.

Not too many Japanese games get all that far with guys either. Very very few get past him professing his love for her. Of course that may be less because of what the fans do/don't want and more because they can't show sex and the game ends before any babies can get involved. Notable exception of course for generational games.

It's fully the former. It's not illegal to declare your love, be close to each other and fade-to-black, or any of the other tasteful ways to >imply. Never has been, never will be.

You severely underestimate the full fury of the otaku war brigades. Constant death threats, destroyed merchandise (dumped at the devs HQ), exploding social media, legitimate bombs/poison sent to key persons, etc etc, are all no joke. And the ultimate worst thing they can do is coordinate to immediately and devastatingly tank sales. You don't fuck with otaku.

Do you have any proof of these wild claims?

oh man I remember when it was revealed that the VA of a popular character wasn't a virgin, and she got something silly like over 3000 death threats sent in the mail to her

It cost me $0. They have the price so high to make up for all the obvious pirating. Sucks to be them because I'm pirating BECAUSE the price is so high.

Just experience and observations after being in the fold for 10+ years. Otaku is an insult for a reason, and that is because even the most tame of them are autistismal nutcases.

There's a post below you about the Kannagi incident.

That's not the Kannagi incident. He might be talking about Hirano Aya, maybe? I can't tell without further info. The Kannagi incident was destroyed merchandise, dropping/returning purchased goods to the LN publisher HQ en masse, death threats, social media explosion, etc etc.

All because the latest volume of the LN revealed that the main heroine had a boyfriend in the distant past, and was thusly used goods.

It seems so silly they would go to so much trouble over that crap. Sure I would get mad if seiyuu or mangaka deliberately attacked their fanbase like taylor swift or something. What do you think would happen if one of the atelier's would get to pick a boyfriend and date him like in harvest moon or lina inverse kissed gouri.

Just play bishoujo games if you want that, you fag.

If he's talking about Aya he must be retarded. The outrage wasn't about the fact that she wasn't a virgin. In fact lots of seiyuu get married and there's no outcry from fans at all - more like support in fact. The problem with Aya Hirano was that she turned out to be a turboslut and that shit doesn't fly.

The Aterlier series had time management long before the PS2 games, the Mana Khemia spinoffs were an anomaly.

Didn't the Iris games have a time limit for the good ending or something like that? I don't really remember, but if they did I think most of the time management came from completing dungeons in as few runs as possible rather than limiting your travel and crafting.

On the subject of performance, I think it's worth mentioning that Sophie has not crashed even a single time for me. I have had some framerate drops and some pretty serious graphic fuckups that may be related to either running the game for a long period of time or switching windows a lot, but just not crashing is pretty notable. Before this I was playing Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, which crashed FREQUENTLY, leading to quite a bit of lost progress, and Tales of Berseria, which didn't crash as often but definitely more so than Sophie's flat 0.

Yeah I knew the series goes back to the Saturn era I just never owned a Saturn so I started with Iris and assumed the time management stuff happened with Mana Khemia.

This alone protects anime tiddies.

Just finished with Sophie, need to decide whether or not to try clearing the DLC dungeon or just move on. From the sounds of it it involves a fuckton of grinding the same gather point to find the useful traits

Does sophie start to get better at any point? I uninstalled to get Feris. I was at the part right where the fat guy tells me about a boss and I could make the ignot. I still have my saves so I can re download it though if you say it gets better.

Let me start by saying I have very little experience with the Atelier series. I played Iris 3 a decade ago and I haven't touched Firis yet except to see that it booted up.

I don't think the combat and dungeons really get any better at all. All of Sophie feels like a bunch of tiny zones for the express purpose of gathering materials, they don't even really spread the shit out or try to make you work for it. There are some enemies to test you shit on, but really they are entirely optional and don't even reward you much.

The crafting though definitely got my interest around the time I was able to carry two traits, and later on shuffling around traits and material quality you can forget the fact that everything outside of town is just a placeholder to gather loot from.

I don't really know how the crafting compares to other Atelier games. I recall Iris being much simpler but Sophie could almost be considered a game in itself.

When I say there are "some enemies to test your shit on" I'm referring mainly to the rumor bosses, many of which are literally tougher than the final boss and all of them are tougher than everything leading up to him. Some non-boss enemies can push your shit in as well if you aren't properly geared, but you aren't really forced to fight much if any of that either.

I wish some of the mechanics were less cryptic.
How do I know what is affected by item quality for example?

Agree completely. Even the basic stats are cryptic (what exactly does "attack" do?), and there are a ton of traits that don't have any quantifiers. For example: "Massively Enhances Item according to Strength of Traits". In what way is the item enhanced, how "strong" are which traits, and by how much is the enhancement?

Which one is better? Firis or Sophie?

I tried Sophie but it felt really barebones to me

Can anyone upload the DLC for Firis?

I think the general consensus is that sophie is a very bland game, especially when compared to the other games, i'd say it an be safetly ignored, but then again I'm part of the people that stopped playing it because it's so bland.

Firis had me hooked for 20 hours, it really felt a lot like totori, going on adventures, discovering new lands etc…, but then you finish the exam and then you suddenly find yourself having to grind quite a bit (at which point i quit). The main flaw I find in the game is the recipe research system, which is at times unintuitive and can get grindy as fuck. I kind of feel like the balance of the game is a little bit shit in that I feel like I'm stuck in a grinding loop until I can beat the level 70 bosses to get their loot, but I really don't think it's worth it, so that's why I quit.

Firis, no contest.

Btw, it's a good idea to trigger new game plus asap if you don't wanna play game twice for the costume effects.
I think you can just lose the first 30 deadline to do so.

Sophie was better than Shally.
But it's honestly a tossup between Firis and sophie. Sophie is a bit bland, but it doesn't have anything offensively horrible like the redesigned invention system, or having to LEVEL UP MAKING SHIT.
The actual game-play is better and the story for the first part at least has pacing. While in firis they eventually give you a way to refill items, it only happens a little more than halfway through the game.

I remember how dissapointed I was by Shallie's characters and story but holy shit Sophie is even worse in this department. The music is also a huge let down.
My biggest problem with Firis is that they don't let you dublicate items. This makes everything 10 times more grindy.

I wouldn't say that, sophie doesn't have an entire chapter dedicated to her sitting around doing nothing while other people do things and then go "OH MAN YOU SHOULD'VE PICKED THE OTHER CHARACTER"

You have only yourself to blame, the game clearly stated the gist of the routes.

I'm trying to think of a reason they write this way. Maybe they are trying to make the game comfy but don't realize you can do that without removing drama and tension completely and making everything mundane.
Comfiness is the same in real life. Warming up in a warm room by the fire while it's snowing outside is a lot more comfortable than never feeling cold to begin with.

Yeah that's what I figured. I stopped because it looked like they were just piling on more 1 room zones to collect items and it cell like the whole purpose was grind to make the next tier. Just the fact the first area in Feris is so big I find it a huge upgrade.

I like alchemy games and I keep hearing how fun this series is, but I'm daunted by how many there are - what's a good entry point to the series? Should I start at the beginning? Do they have a consistent storyline across all games, or is each one self-contained? Is there a "best" one?

the PS3/4 ones
Ayesha, Totori or Sophie.
The games work on a trilogy system. Rorona>Totori>Merururu, Ayesha>Escalog>Shally, and Sophie>Feris
Yes Rorona does take place canonically before totori, but rorona is hot dogshit, and playing Rorona plus makes playing Totori a slog because of all the QoL improvements.

Yeah pick one of the modern trilogies.
Then dial back and pick Mana Khemia or Iris.
I don't think you need to play all 3 of the modern trilogies but at least play Feris.

Arland trilogy has the deepest lore.

Tormented Beast has got to be one of the most bullshit bosses I've ever seen in a game. He heals for about 5x the damage he does. He can't even kill you properly because he has no AOE and auto revive is easily available. It's entirely possible to set up a party that stalemates forever against him.

As far as I know the only way to kill him is to use Plachta's triple-chain super ability "Growless" which nullifys all healing, but triggering those abilities is unreliable at best and at higher challenge levels the effect can wear off before you reapply it, allowing the boss to heal to full again.

Let me restate that, it's very easy to stalemate forever. It's entirely possible to setup a party that literally cannot end the fight, win OR lose, no matter what you do.

Make a decent gear and annihilate him through healing. The boss after him is even stronger.

The boss after him was piss easy actually, all it really took was a spammable recovery item from the duplication chick.

That particular item being able to basically fully heal and cure my entire party, including KO, and then do so again at the start of the next turn (Breezy Aroma maxed with Full of Life and False Flower). That time card activation even let me attack anyway if the bosses earlier time cards killed one of my characters. Since I have MP consumption at 0, spamming the skill "Rapid Alchemy" forever was no issue either.

As far as the rest of my gear, I would think it's pretty close to maxed out (pre-DLC) at around 500 attack/defense. I could probably get around 30% higher damage at the cost of defense and/or speed. If I can get the rare DLC traits I might be able to do a bit more, but even so I kind of doubt I can outdamage his heal at despair/5star

How the fuck do I figure out how to get special mob drops?

wasn't trying to address a45dac

Eeh, I killed the the healing guy in my first try with lucky breaks and chain strikes, but final dlc boss destroyed me withing two turns.

What even is this?

I'd love to know.
Bothered to look through the help section of the encyclopedia in A18 and found this.

Now I'm curious too.

I'm still mad about that. Fuck you Astrid, I wanted a Rorona in her 30s.

From what I've tested so far it's probably supposed to be the chest drops. Killing a rabbits with slash normal consistently gave no chest while fire bomb consistently gave a chest drop.
Still no idea how to figure out the more esoteric conditional drops. A lot of them seem to be related to the monsters weak element though.

mega.nz/#!4N9XUDAA!WDXtlIV26PGkOeyNbljB-13PbQF11uRoiDzmbwGh9EE missing BGM DLC files for Codex release.
Also set DLCUnlockall=1 in steam_emu.ini.

I also like stuff like bridge repair quests actually affect the world in some way. Considering alchemy is all about creation, they should go all in and let you create a whole town bit by bit.

Thanks.

Post a better battle theme than this, you can't.

:^)

Here.

Can't beat yours though.

Best bath theme coming through.

Totori's birthday is tomorrow!

Has anyone figured out what the meaning of those statues?

Just fuck you, I closed tab within a seconds but hear the rapping in my head anyway.

They're used for your sister's questline

Thanks, now my autism is settled down.

I'll impregnate her as a present.

You never listened to house?

So I just beat the twins at the floating island and decided to explore a bit and then ran into another boss level spirit who after a drawn out fight beat me, I then discovered that the game decided to eat the bicolored corundum. It was at this point I decided this game wasn't worth it and uninstalled it. I know it's my own fault, but my god that was the last straw, the end game for firis is so fucking grindy, on top of having the awful recipe system. I guess they thought the last few games have been too easy to get the best shit in the game, but I had a lot more fun with those games, locking the best traits behind having to grind boss drops is a huge mistake.

When do I get to change firis' equipment?

What do you mean? or actual armor and stuff? Cause armor and stuff is right after you head for the exam. You have to unlock various equipment and stuff through the recipe system.

I can buy a new staff and armor for her right now (I'm in the port town), but it still has a lock icon when I go to the equip screen so I can't do anything.

You should be able to change her armor staff and accessories, the only thing you can't change is her secondary weapon.

Happy birthday Totori

This is a growing trend now, as Japanese gaming studios are now also doing the translations in-house instead of outsourcing it to some shady Western company. The downside to this is that the resulting English may be too literal, but Engrish does have a charm of its own (see: SNK games back in the 90s.).
This should be encouraged.

Happy birthday.

Yeah I was able to change her stuff, turns out you need to go in to the atelier too. I kinda just ignored it because it had a lock icon over her. Guess more brain fart than anything.

I'm not complaining about this at all. normalfags or entry level weebs aren't going to understand this because it copies so much japanese culture over without "localizing", good times.

on another note
I feel bad for pirating this now, I keep putting more and more hours in to it and Gust makes trilogies of atelier so they're going to make a third game. I don't like the fact they're not going to see any of my money going towards it.

delt this!

pffft that's casual shit

does anyone turn an age tomorrow?
I turn 23 tomorrow and all I'll do is drink and be alone.

I planned to kill myself at 30 not right now.

You'll find that 30 starts sneaking up on you pretty quickly. I had the same plan since I was 17, but it's been about a decade now and I'm not so sure.

You should try to cheer up. Find something that gives you a measure of joy in life, no matter what it is, and strive to throw yourself into it. Despite what normalfag society will try to force on you, there is nothing wrong with drinking (in moderation) while you enjoy cute girls doing cute things.

I don't really care. In the end I'm only 23, not 30 yet. To the end I stopped watching anime a while ago for a reason, I've seen too much so I'm reluctant to even bother.
I'm cheerful, my drinking is not. I'm hoping my liver quits completely. I'm not normal, I'm an idiot. I've never fit in anywhere, old Holla Forums is what I was, Holla Forums now is nothing.
I wanna learn Jap because I wanna play eroge's without worrying about not knowing what I am doing, if not that I want to learn to draw my own tiddies, in my own style.

You shouldn't
Buy older titles and pirate this shit.

saving throw bump

So what's the endgame OP accessory set up, Magic stone chain seems like one of the two, but I can't figure out the second for crazy minmax

So is she a hardcore alcoholic?