Snes on the PSP

Can we please get a link for the SNES emulator on the PSP [Snes9x Euphoria R5 Beta3 NoME 0.2]?

The other Snes9x versions like tyl mecm or the regular Euphoria R5 Beta3 are pretty buggy and crash on my phat 1000 model and I hear the no Media Engine version is a little better, but I can't seem to find any link for it online anywhere, they're all dead.

I'm in the mood to start the Metroid series and I hear that Super Metroid's the best place to start.

Let's make this a good Handheld vidya thread as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PSP#Super_Famicom_.28SNES.29
pyra-handheld.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SNES emulation on the PSP is dogshit
You'd get better results playing ZSNES on a pentium 2.

B-but old action games are so cool when played on a handheld…
I finished Link's awakening on the same console some days ago and it was the shit!

Because Link's Awakening isn't SNES, just emulate it in your PC or N3DS if you have one.

What? This is the first I've ever heard of this. I think Genesis emulation on the PSP is pretty good but I thought SNES emulation was okay. At least, for JRPGs.

It's buggy and has frequent slowdowns.

Use your smartphone if you are that desperate to play games on the go.

The smartphone doesn't have buttons though.
It's ok for turn-based style games where you don't need anything like reflexes etc, but for action games it's garbage.

And have an hour of battery life with touchscreen controls that get hot to the touch? Try again, Schlomo.

That's kind of your problem.
SNES on the PSP isn't perfect by any means, but it works better on the 2000, 3000 and Go models, as they have 64MB RAM (the Phat 1000 model ust has 32MB RAM), which helps homebrews and emulation a lot.

you can't even go in special stages in sonic 2. Emulation is so shit.

I have SNES on PSP and it always crashes or freezes on me.

This is my only Handheld at the time, after i got my R4 card for DS stopping working and even though it runs ppsspp well, i am still investing more time in playing snes games.

That model is absolute trash, the 2000 and 3000 models are more powerful

Haven't dicked around with SNES emu on PSP in a while but the only game I remember having trouble with was Kirby Superstar.

Looks like the version I have is tyl0.4.2mecm. I beat DKC2 for the first time on it. Just make sure to put frameskip to Auto.

Did somebody say handheld? Boy I sure do love the handhelds.

Please do not actually buy a Wiz.

Is that some handheld for ants?

You are merely pretending to be retarded?

True, the emulator has it's flaws (A crash here and there, but nothing too major) but I only noticed the slowdowns three or four times.

The PSP is perfectly fine for emulation, I have had one for 4 years and it never let me down. Now that I also put a GBA emulator on there I am starting to think this was one of the best purchases I have done in my life.

I own a Pentium II, can confirm ZSNES runs better on it than on a PSP 1000. It doesn't work anymore for some reason so I ripped out the 64MB of RAM and put it into another desktop. It also used to run no$gba, but didn't have enough ram to run Mugen under windows.

Nyes.

It does, but I like it as a portable with quite a decent battery, just for taking it with me on travels or just in general.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PSP#Super_Famicom_.28SNES.29

Fuck you, the Wiz was great (aside from the whole "falls apart after three years" thing).

Mine hasn't fallen apart, what the fuck did you do to yours? My F100 works fine, too. Granted, I haven't used them nearly as much as something like my 3DS but they did see quite a bit of use when I was younger.

LOL

Go emulate some Mega Drive or PC Engine if you want real action games.

My battery failed and pic related happened within a week of each other.

Woah. That's shitty, sorry yours isn't working anymore. I'm surprised it died after only 3 years. The F100 is still running strong, haven't tried powering on the Wiz in some time. If only the Pandora was cheaper, I'd recommend it as the go-to for portable emulation. It runs almost well enough for all 2D kinds of emulation and source ports for games.

Hey, That's what happened to my DS Lite after five years, minus the battery failing.

The PSP is pretty rough for SNES emulation; it's a combination of the fact it's just barely powerful enough + scene drama meant development was incomplete. Same story with the Genesis emulator. The GP2X port was much smoother despite the console being weaker.
Man, I remember that scene. We will never have those glory days again. While China keeps churning out new interesting handhelds, no communities form around them so they never really get improved much.
God, that was a clusterfuck. Craig, the main guy who put the team together turned out to be incompetent and embezzled funds. He pretty much smothered the Pandora in the crib. Some German guy who was in the team is trying to revive the project as the Pyra, and it looks promising pyra-handheld.com

He was one of the main creators, I thought. At least, he sold a lot of Pandoras and parts for Pandoras until they ran out of stock.

Well, if they could just fucking release a Dingoo that's as good as the original A320, we could see a scene but all the good devs left for SJWberry Pi development or Android development like Exophase.

I kind of want a GPD Win but I know there will never be a big scene for it given it's price and it's current unknown build quality.

Yeah, he was a core designer. Also, the nicest guy on the team. He paid for some pre-order Pandoras out of pocket when Craig fucked everything up, and offered deep discounts for the rest, even though he had no obligation.
I wish someone would design a dedicated handheld around that, instead of having hipster faggots cannibalizing perfectly good handhelds and shoving that shit inside it.
They're offering 8 different variants, the cheapest starting at 500 fucking euros. …I wish him the best of luck.

I bought one off geekbuying, it took an eternity to get here but the build quality and the screen is fucking great. Only reason I'm trying to sell it to someone now is because I found a used nvidia shield portable at a trade it.

no thanks

The problem is they charge too much for a shit job you could do on your own and can get for a fuckton less. And that they can't into handhelds so they leave all the GPIO pins in place and don't trim the fat connectors to slim it down and draw less power.

Yeah, I haven't been excited at all for 500€, especially since an ARM chromebook with a regular Linux distro accomplished nearly the same thing. Obviously not as portable or generally well supported but it was way cheaper.

As in the original handheld? Why would you trade for that?

Objectively wrong