Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 PC

Its out lads, complement it with Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara, great set of Beat em ups before CapCom was total shit
at least RE7 was decent

online combos !
hahaha online play only the shitty may apply

how the netcode?

oh snap, I could've swore it came out tomorrow.

X mod when?

That episode of Seinfeld where Constanza became a father wasn't a horror spooky shit or zombie action like other resident evil games. Capcom just trolled everyone by pretending to be making P.T. clone, while going completely in opposing direction.

About the game - yeah, glad pc bros are getting it. Nobody on Holla Forums has skill to learn it though.

Can I pirate it yet? can I play online on said pirated version?

Probably if you've got one of those sketchy cracked Steam clients, probably not for online

Same character teams when?

MvC2>MvC1>>>>>>>>>>>>dogshit>>>>>>>>>>UMvC3

But you're not wrong

Call me when someone makes a UMVC3 Remix mod or port Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Capcom vs SNK 2

I think MVC1 was better, more coherent video game. MVC2 felt like mishmash of styles, techniques and technology. If I knew that mugen existed at the time, I'd though it was made in that.

Trips confirm.
What framerate does this shit run at?

Ebin.

I want Cyclops in NOW!
Dreams don't die!

sounds like the netcode is still garbage so i don't even know if i care anymore.

how difficult would it be for a modder to fix it?

isn't that on fightcade?

you can play tvc on dolphin

I've been hyped for this release for a while now, but I don't know whether to get it or Nier?
Please someone help me, I'm pulling my hair right now

Steam's FPS counter claims 60.

At the very least they could have reverted Phoenix Wright to what he was before they nerfed him for absolutely no reason.

Piracy is a thing that exists

It's at a fair asking price too, but unfortunately there's just too much cool shit to come out these days, I'll have to put it on backburner.

Its not a fightan nigger, just though I would recommend it because its one of the best Beat Em Ups ever and also developed by Crapcom.

MVC3 > MVC2 > MVC

There's no way to rebalance or fix it. The game is one big combo wank fest.

for those who have played it….
hows the netcode?
any noticeable problems?
is it worth it to buy if you liked it on console?

It actually runs rather smoothly
I just came back from an online match, no lagging or frame dips.
I'm using 950m graphics card
The game was running at 60fps, highest settings at 1080p, nothing wrong or unstable.

Is it cracked already?

Didn't buy the game and the opinions I find on the internet differ. Usually PC versions of fighting games have lower inbuilt input delay, so the netcode feels better as a result, but Console netcode was notoriously terrible.

No

I might just get both

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bb16aaf397bc4dc3b431dad8578a3cc90f54d3f4

It even has Steamworks fix to play multiplayer, what are you talking about?

Anyone around to play today? I'm unrusting and loving it at the moment. So good to play again.

I don't bother with Ranked, I just go straight to player matches. I've no idea who'd be content with just a single match in Marvel.

Might as well play Skullgirls or Divekick.

or Smash

user, come on. Nidhogg or bust.

Ikr. I can only be content with zero matches in that unbalanced dial a combo trash.

I'm not an expert on whatever the fuck Netcode is or playing online in general. But I can say I played 3 online matches. The first I was not the host and it was unplayable it took 30 real seconds for 3 seconds in game to pass and the host quit.
The other 2 matches I was the host and those played perfectly fine but I got raped by those guys since they actually knew how to play this game.

Though i'm fine with just playing arcade mode and Heroes vs Heralds. maybe when the game goes on sale some people who suck as bad as I do will be playing online.

I'm getting both.

You have a short window to get in on the multiplayer community of a fightan game and have any hope of gittin gud. Once it's been out for a few years and everyone has moved on to the new hotness then all that will be left is the fags who have played religiously for years. This goes double for a unbalanced mess like MvC where a combo will murder you instantly from a experienced player. Disappointment awaits you, my friend.

Where the fuck is cyclops?

Stop being antisemitic

If there is some 5 years old joke, I'm not getting it. Is he locked or hidden or some shit?
Also where's venom?
Why default marvel roster is so shit? I don't even know half of those generic looking freaks.

Not enough snorts in this post. 0/10 fake DSP.

I guess it's a Magneto joke.

Only if you're playing a Firebrand team. Otherwise, even Zero grants you chances. And Marvel is much better than Skullgirls in that you're almost never out of it so long as you have something in your health bar.
Unless you're crying over losing a character over a combo, in which case you haven't grasped what scope the game is played on. Git gud

I bet he doesn't even sacrifice his partner for more time on the clock.

Well Online isn't that big of a deal to me.
I mostly like just messing around with all the characters. Like Team Blocked on Twitter.

what did he mean by this

he meant go back to Holla Forums

was he autistic?

Holla Forums is an autistic guy

What is the justification for that?

I tend to ignore these people opinions

What's the problem? I guess playing for 1.5 hours is enough to assess those problems. He can also safely refund it.
what is vac ban? is dude a cheater?

lmao

No one plays Firebrand because every fucktard spammed top-tiers or lolJean when Fchamp knew how to use her again. I played a s Firebrand. I wish he and Arthur were actually good

Apologyman and Zak Bennett played Firebrand and made it very far with both.
Not many main Arthur except for me. The secret is to play him as a point or as XF2.
He is supremely fun. I just wish he could get into Infinite

But most of that is bullshit

How is X-23 Sentinel Nemesis team? New to the VS games.

X-23 is a great point character. Lots of nice mixups, great pressure potential, and her Level 3 can lead to guaranteed kills on an incoming opponent (i.e you can finish the game if you take out the second character and have 3 bars).

Sentinel is also rather good. His size makes him an easy target, but his attacks are very large; combine that with his zoning and flight options and you can beat most characters, provided you know what you're doing. Perhaps the best thing about him is his Sentinel Force (charge) assist. It provides a lot of pressure to lock opponents down with so you can get in and ruin their day. That's why most teams run Sentinel either as a second or as an anchor. Learn the little details about his attacks (j.H nullifies projectiles, j.M's range is huge, s.M,c.M and s.S have hyper armour)

Nemesis is low-tier, sorry. The name of his game is pressure - if you can't use his tentacles to stress your opponent out until you get a command grab or trip them up with hyper armour, you're fucked. There's very little he offers that Hulk or Haggar or Sentinel don't do better. Also his hyper-armour hyper is ass.

I like Nemesis' theme and character though.
I guess I should try think of someone else but I don't really know who else I'm interested in.

But can she pilot it?

I'd rather kof14 on pc, tbh fam.

If you like him? Stick with him. Make him work as best you can. Tiers in Marvel mostly measure ease of use: mechanically, any team can be made to work and win against higher tier ones. The matchup disparity isn't too bad, typically. I've been blown up by enough Nemesis players to know he can get some wins.

I'd recommend Nemesis as your point character, with Laura moved to the 2nd position. Her OTG assist can guarantee some touch-of-death combos since Nemesis hits so bloody hard.

I switched to Dormammu anyways because he fit me better and I also liked his character and theme.

I love Dormammu. The dude looks great, feels great and is terrifying in the right hands. Learn his airdashes when in flight mode, learn his power combos, and use his flame carpet to buy yourself some space. He's gonna be fun for you.

So
Sounds good then? Any resources to learn them proper?

That's a winning team right there: they should do well against most.

The best resources for each character are probably on YouTube and their specific forums on the Shoryuken board. People talk about frame data, setups, blockstrings and more. Just keep in mind this place has been up for some 6 years now; they're mostly poking at some really advanced stuff, but the basic combos are tucked away in there still. Don't worry about those; since you're new, just learn the magic series as your bread and butter (light, mud, heavy, launch, air combo, launch down, hyper combo). Two or three of those is enough to take out any character, usually.

But in practical terms? Just play in the training room by yourself. Go fire up a podcast or a good album and just hit buttons. Get a feel for how they move, their recoveries, etc. It's where half the game is won.

its out?

When I get the time to play this I'm gonna go learn myself a Tron, Dante, Wesker team and you can't stop me.

Nemesis is mid actually, the one thing he has that Hulk/Sent/Haggar don't have is completely safe Anti-Air as his air tentacle grab is ungodly safe (Even more than Spencer's) with a good assist and a successful grab is free damage or even a kill on pixie characters. With the right team comp he's a damage machine. Especially because he has a lot more ranged options than Hulk/Haggar/Sent that you can harass people from anywhere on the screen and create a lot of traps and full screen OTG combos/wall bounces.

Now if he gets hit, you're fucked because he's a totally offense based tank, but only his supers have reasonable armor (Punch Rush has Hyper armor and cancells adv guard but he's totally vunerable if it's dodged) which is why he's mid tier compared to the other big bodies but he hits like a goddamn truck when he does get in.

But then Marvel is the high stakes poker of video games and playing low/mid characters has started to become part of the meta because the one smart thing Neo_G did was make almost everyone viable and everyone has tech so you can bust out a pocket character and take people by surprise compared to Marvel 2 where there was 4 gods and 10 viable picks for human shields.

Why do people leave their mics on in the PC version? They sound so ridiculous.

Ah, interesting. Well said about low tiers. An offensive tank is a good niche to fill, so what team does Nemesis need to bring out his best assets?

That team would put in good work, actually

Nemesis needs an assist that lets you mix up his insane range and keep the opponent guessing. Obviously Doom Missiles. Good with Wesker as well. MODOK, he can be super tricky with since you can do a lot of setups with balloon bomb and give a defensive edge with barrier. Nemesis, MODOK and Wesker can be pretty formidable and I ran it for a while. Not every match was a winner but Nemesis catches people out a lot (Especially his j.H which has disgusting range for a normal)

What you really have to watch out for is that he has no mobility and you really have to go in and commit to everything. The idea behind him was that he plays like RE3. He's always advancing. He's got the best ranged launcher and his j. HP is still ungodly good, but he's just so lacking in defense options that you have to go in. Now Capcom's original idea was that everything had Super Armor but he was so OP in the build they showed him off in that he was nerfed in the final game and then nerfed again in the final patch (Cuz Capcom. God I miss Vanilla Day 1 Sentinel) but the playstyle is still there.

IMO he's underrated because he's got a lot of tools and doesn't need meter to do brutal levels of damage (Hell, if you have meter his punch rush is insane), but they are all offense based so you have to work with that and build your team around it.