Starbound

So, what does Holla Forums think of Starbound? I've never actually played it, but Terraria with spaceships sounds pretty cool. However, I remember hearing anons on here criticizing it, but I can't remember what the specific problems were. Would you recommend it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!xJZhEQTL!swXWFmfjvT-qJGP3Qr035ffqwCg6QmU3lDE6etjlqew
8ch.net/activeusers.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LdYPGHc_BYc
please
archive.is/OwBQe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it's shit

If the part of Terraria you most enjoyed was the 2d autismbuilding, and didn't give a fuck about the gameplay, Starbound is actually pretty great for that.

If you didn't give a fuck about building, and just loved the minecraftroidvania gameplay, stay far, far away.

I know my posts to new threads have been pretty critical lately, but damn, so has the quality of the board

False, that's exactly where it lacks heavily. There's no point in building anything, except for shitty farm they introduced in last updates.

Its poorly optimised for what it is. Not much to do after you beat the storyline. I dunno I kinda liked it. Music is good, you can play your own on instruments you find. Also, install nude mods.

This sums it up 100%.

The old lore for the game didn't seem bad but their revamp of it was just crap. Why be some space bird escaping sacrifice when you get rewritten as some newbie to a universe police group that gets attacked the day you join.

There's no "point" in autismbuilding period. It's something you do purely for the enjoyment of it, and Starbound has a better building system with more interesting parts, just completely lacking enjoyable gameplay.

Plot is a fuck

Need more dynamic NPC interations

Decent RP community if you know where to look.

the difficulty with autismbuilding is that it doesn't give you the tools to properly build almost anything, there's a bandaid solution that you have to go out and find a theme-specific crafting station to craft the objects but it's incredibly tedious due to the fact that it's almost completely random which chests will drop the fab stations you need.

It's another feature ripped right out from terraria btw.

This game needs to fuck off from the face of this earth it's just insulting how much money they got and what little work they did. It was literally one man game where one guy did all the coding. Just to imagine what other people could do with such money drives me up the wall. This kind of lazy shits need to pay highes price and the people who gave them money need to be holocausted.

That's every "indie" game, they are complete fucking trash and yet people still buy them for whatever reason

Is it TiTS level of lewd with brothels and rape monsters or still just lewd decorations you can craft?

you don't understand user,
the entire fucking studio, sans 1 white guy in the back of a cuckshed coding for 14 hours a day, was sound designers, "idea guys" and bitches tweeting pictures of them standing in garbage cans looking "lolsorandum" talking about how busy they are working on their game.

Terraria is pretty great, fam.

Starbound is No Man's Terraria, but without AAA backing and more of 'blind retards leading braindead end users'and autistic fetish mods
embed heavily related

Chucklefish.

No, really, that's all you need to know.

link?

mega.nz/#!xJZhEQTL!swXWFmfjvT-qJGP3Qr035ffqwCg6QmU3lDE6etjlqew

It's just lewd craft objects for now. also if you need nude players and npcs there are mods on Nexus for that.

so still absolutely zero reason to even think of installing this piece of shit. I would think mods would have progressed at least a little bit in the past few years considering that mods are the only thing it has going for it.

Remember the six gorillion unique planets and animals goyim

its the better no mans sky and it has plant waifus

Imagine Terrarria, but instead of unique zones that scale upwards in difficulty and present different challenges and unique loot to find and craft, zones are now tiered planets that just require a different kind of backpack to safely exist on, loot is completely randomized for the most part, and there are story quests that are almost entirely segregated from the rest of the game. The only things it has over Terraria are prettier graphics and native modding support, though modding does less to "fix" it than modding does for Bethesda games.

Started out with promise and managed to get worse and worse with each update.

Most of the modders gave up after the devs broke compatibility for the umpteenth time.

wait a minute terraria has a plant waifu anyways

The dryad's just a human wearing leaves and flowers. Not really the same thing.

as a tree spirit i would still consider her plant waifu

hmm…

Is she really a tree spirit, though? The only real evidence is that she has nature magic, but even druids can have that.

well shes dryad, not nymph.

The entire game has less variety than Terraria. Same block recolored in 60 different hues =/= variety.

It's garbage.

I enjoyed it with others, but after 30hrs (others could finish much quicker) it felt unfinished and seriously lacking in substance.

I paid for a dedicated server, and the game still lagged… It was unplayable otherwise unless single player.

Keep your eye on it OP, they are still adding to it. Mechs and new space travel are in a future update.

I only played it this year, so I have no previous experience with the earlier version.

I have a notion that these type of threads serve a much more sinister goal , they are created to test the waters and find if anything has changed since the last time they were posted and whether this place will deem acceptable what was once not ;in other words it's like an early colonization attempt and depending on the answers it gets it will signal whether the place is ripe for the taking for it or not

It took like $3k for them to implement pets.
Just pets.
Three thousand dollars.
Let that sink in for a moment.

Stop being so self-important, faggot. We have less than 2300 active users and 225 posts per hour, the only game developer who'd care about such a small community is the devfags from >>>/agdg/

It's just not very good.

Look, the basic point of things is this: The game can't decide how it wants you to progress, gives you too many options, and none of them are very good. Either you're digging for hours, or farming for pixels for even longer. Growing food merits little reward for the tedium. Even though you can ostensibly buy all the materials you need to make the gear you need, any method but mining for it is comically tedious. Let's put it another way: Even if you plant several screens worth of plants, with sprinklers, and fertilizer, etc…

You maybe, maybe generate a couple hundred pixels an HOUR. Maybe a thousand, if you really sperg out. And some of the crops require replanting, there's no way to automate it…

Terraria is good because it has such a strong exploration feedback loop, and the building is solid enough to be enjoyable. Starbound fails because it thinks that the minerals and stuff you get from exploring is the point of it, and doesn't bother to motivate elsewise.

>there are no shills on 4chan Holla Forums
i'll take
>shit i've heard before for $200

What's it like pretending the world evolves around you? Holla Forums isn't big, it's not even big enough to be a niche market. You should be happy by that.

Given how old and notoriously shit it, the only logical reason for it to be posted every single week is for some reason like this, advertising and data collection. They know very well that we exist and some of their writers and programmers even used to post here. they'll keep posting to keep people talking about their shit game as being forgotten would truly be the end of everything for them. We really should have some rules, filters, and auto-bans in place to make sure this shit can die once and for all, make it be known that this is not a safe space for indie-clicke hipster shit scams and social-ops.

The short version is it's shit.

The long version, however, is that it's a game that could have been great, but instead ended up being some mediocre, poorly designed game. For example, combat isn't as satisfying as Terraria's because the devs probably never tested any weapons that weren't broadswords or snipers, and the AI for procedurally generated enemies is antifun garbage. The main quest is completely superfluous and is only there to artificially pad the game, the intra-planet variety of biomes is extremely poor, it is rarely worth it to dig to a planet's core (all planets have the same Core Fragments, which are used only to make explosives), techs were nerfed to the ground from their superior beta versions for anti-fun reasons, retarded stamina system, planet difficulty progression that makes no sense, farming is necessary to a degree but it's a chore, making money is a pain in the ass, settling down on planets is unnecessary when you have your spaceship, ship crew is useless on the ground and last but not least, randomly generated quests are all retarded and boring, but necessary for spaceship crew and therefore spaceship ampliation.

On the bright side, I like Starbound's visuals over Terraria's, the autismblox and building are nice, the bosses are limited but fun to fight, and the modding community is better than it has any right to be.

I don't really recommend, specially not for the vanilla experience, but if you are planning on installing a thousand mods then it is almost worth it. Almost.

Yeah people don't really understand how small we are here. 4/v/ gets more traffic than like our top 50 boards combined, and 4/v/ isn't even 4chan's most used board.

Great, I hope it stays that way.

what i am talking about doesn't revolve around a specific game or games ,that's simply how it begins. Trying to make certain games that were in general not well received if not outright mocked and ridiculed initially part of the general discussion it's the start , afterwards the shift happens towards other stuff like p.ex trying to make e-celeb threads a staple of the board and even flip the paradigm on certain behaviors.It's a slow and meticulous process but before anyone notices things have changed so much that it may as well be a different place , so by that time it's just accepted as the new norm

/thread

You mean eRPing furry faggots?

You don't really understand how cheap and easy it is to shill, which is basically an entire industry that is anywhere from advertisers, to guys you pay to pretend to be an expert for a good camera shot for "the perfect photo" in sensationalist magazines, to some guy you paid to talk to a politician to ask questions nobody cares about or to be some kind of strawman, and finally viral marketers.

All you need is a bot, give it instructions to do whatever and make sure you made accounts for it when it's necessary. Bam done, go through a list to fulfill a quota and you get the odd paid marketer (shill) who does his job for a bit when a bot doesn't cut it then moves on to the next site. Pretty much everything that nets a theoretical 500,000+ unique users a month is worth at least paying one guy to go and pretend to be whatever when someone pays you to do it. It's even easier because the slow traffic means he doesn't even have to keep his attention drawn so he can do multiple small sites at once at the same time.

Holla Forums in particular is a valuable target especially among small sites simply because Anons can and will continue to participate in large signifcant impacts in vidya gaem related events. Fallout 4 is one of the more notable examples because so many Anons were salt mining by spoiling the shit out of the ending users of Steam singled them out as the source of butthurt. To marketers that is a huge deal for viral marketing.

No actually, you can find normal people as well. Well, relatively normal.

In case you haven't noticed, we us captcha. Not even the CP posters use bots to advertise their sites here, they come here by person and fill out the captcha before posting.

Do you seriously think that Holla Forums was the only salt miners for Fallout 4? Are you seriously that fucking naive? Take a look at the internet around you and what Anons do on it, you'll quickly find out that anything involving an imageboard is mostly attributable to 4chan because 4chan usually make up 99% of it all. The only reasons Holla Forums ever gets mentioned is usually because people are trying to shove gamergate is responsible, and even then they still say that 4chan is the home of that, hell they're more likely to say /r/kotakuinaction is the home if it.

You are really self-infatuated to think that Holla Forums is of any value to marketers.

You are really fucking dense to refuse to believe that shills come here after so many have admitted it. Lurk moar, faggot.

Yeah, and I'm the Christian God telling you to retake Byzantium for the faith.

'

I hope you get paid for these awful posts.

Quiet you.

It was good back in alpha, when it was a comfy-as-heaven game with great music where you fuck around exploring and digging in fanciful alien worlds, occasionally getting into little fights.

The combat overhaul and addition of a storyline and quests and shit were an unwelcome addition. It was literally like what happened with Minecraft.

Thinking that there are shills on Holla Forums is delusions of fucking grandeur. Like when you drive by a cop and think, of the hundreds of cars going by, he is most definitely watching YOU! The fact of the matter is, there are MAYBE (and that's being extremely liberal) ten-thousand people on Holla Forums. That represents a fraction of the total gaming market of less than 0.01%. No gaming company on the fucking planet is going to give even a single PENNY to capture the interest of a group at this level of complete irrelevance.

I was, I still have a folder of my personal contributions.

But you're fucking joking if you think the entire ordeal was just Holla Forums user's ruining it for normalfags.

Yes, I earn 1 trillion dollars per post. You can believe me because I'm not providing any evidence, just like your monkey brain likes it.

Someone has the pic of the furfag shills for this game?

They're not fucking shills if they're doing it for free, you moron. Those are what you call "fans".

Again, shilling on the internet is very cheap. Even if you can't use bots small sites are slow enough you can just do them all at once with a checklist.

The estimated number on 8ch.net as a whole is about a million a month uniquely identified users a month, this includes lurkers no specific boards singled out.

I said Holla Forums was being singled out by steam users for their butthurt m8, or did you miss that part when all the steam groups playing fallout 4 got wise.

Shill
noun
a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.
a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.
Now kill yourself, idiot.

Starbound is the epitome of a shit game, allow me to elaborate.

Mind you that I didn't follow the development of the game but I hear that it's horror story material.
Regardless, I played the game and judge it by it's merit, not by the drama around it.

Music: 'okay', never stood out.
Plot: some horribly contrived SJW bullshit where you're basically doing one big quest for the space UN because "muh baddies". There's something off about the plot, man. Like it's propaganda somehow and I can't figure out how other than the obvious thing I mentioned prior.

It truly is an incomplete game. There's this one world type you'll encounter which is just a steampunk sort of world with pipes and cogs and brass/copper on the inside of the planet. >they fell for the steampunk meme I could agree with those pipes, if they weren't only decorative. I wanted to make awesome irrigation systems for my warms and all sorts of shit, but noooooo, that shit isn't possible because the devs are lazy pieces of shit that can't into actually polishing a game.
The worlds feel dead. Like something that gets offloaded whenever you leave it.

The fluid system of the game is reasonably good, I gotta admit. But why the fuck do you make pipes only cosmetic

Terraria is like an SJW version of minecraft that's somehow better (art), somehow worse (gameplay).

Needless to say, I'm sure others can fill me in on why you shouldn't give these devs money. Just pirate it.

There's a difference between random people knowing that Holla Forums is doing vs Holla Forums being the only ones doing it and thus of great value to marketers. Everything in the salt mining thread could've been done by 1 person from any thread, it was literally just 'post comments' everywhere you can. That is not a skill that marketers find valuable, it's one they can find anywhere and it's one that would be a thousand times more present on literally any other website. You clown clitoris.

Ever heard of a test market, kiddo?

No they don't. Any marketer worth their shekels knows where, when and how to successfully shill a product. No business in the world would dump any amount of money on secretly shilling something to a group of people who despise the product and are a very aggressive towards practices like that. It's a waste of money, people times and at the end forces the target audience to be more critical of the product. Simply put, it's not worth to shill here.

It's a fun enough game with at least one other friend and you can easily get two weeks out of it before getting bored out of your skull.

It's a bit samey and repetitive, even with mods, but so is Terraria and you said you like that.

I've been a "shill" for games I had no interest in even playing, let alone buying
A shill as far as anons here are concerned is anyone who defends any minute aspect of a game you don't like for any reason
I could say that I liked the color blue in this thread and some faggot would say that Tiy himself was giving me under the table handjobs to shill for the game because it has the color blue in it

I believe that like I believe in Santa Clause. On Holla Forums right now are like 2000 unique users, and the vast majority of people here are those that come all the time, not new arrivals because imageboards aren't very friendly to n00bs. How many people could a shill even possibly convert in an environment like this? 1%? 2%? So maybe ten or twenty more people buy Fallout 4. Big fucking deal. It's not worth the cost to pay someone to do this, or to pay someone to program a bot.

All video game advertising for AAA games is the old-fashioned type, because the owners of these companies are old farts who can't into technology. Just like movies. The only reason people believe in the "shill" thing is because they're so fucking ignorant and self-centered that they think it's impossible for people to like a game they don't like, unless it's part of some vast unimaginable conspiracy like the Jews or the Illuminati or some shit.

Did you even read my post? I said "small sites simply because Anons can and will continue to participate in large signifcant impacts in vidya gaem related events" and "users of Steam singled them out as the source of butthurt.". Listen here you retard you're implying that I'm saying Holla Forums is spearheading this shit when i'm saying Holla Forums is valuable and internet marketing is cheap enough that it's worth it.

And do you even viral marketing? Only a minority of a group will act, and any group known to act is more valuable then a group that does nothing for the purposes of viral marketing. That is a skill viral marketers find valuable.

False, singularly a website might not be much but the collective impact of many of these individuals from other groups acting on their own on a much larger scale taken together equals a far more multiplicative effect. This is one of the main things that guides a viral market's judgement on value.

False, there is a form of shilling which is essentially to feed the negativity of the group to get them to talk and discuss the product by negging them on. The goal in this case is to increase exposure of the product by proxy.

8ch.net/activeusers.html
next time click the question mark

you wrote 'fags' wrong

just get a tripcode already so i can filter you like every other attentionwhore

2400 posts don't make a comprehensive test market when you're looking to sell millions of units of something. Especially when that test market is called the ISIS of the internet and has a reputation of being overly critical about any video game. It would be retarded to use Holla Forums as a test market.

And I'm telling you that you're wrong and that you're a retard.

No, it is not false, anyone can spoil a game. Jesus Christ, pull your head out you egotistical faggot. You need some fresh air.

Does anyone have the screencaps from the evolve threads?
sage because nothing to contriboot, also shit thread.

It's really shallow and has no content, but if you like building stuff you can just do that. Still not worth any money, maybe a pirate for a few hours

If only.

The bottom line is not sales made, but opinions shaped.

Companies are very conscious about what the consumerbase thinks about their products, even if they aren't likely to pay for them. And these astroturfing companies pay your average pakipoo hundreths of a cent to shill. Posts are cheap.

By pinning your entire argument that I'm treating Holla Forums as the center of the universe when I'm not. That is pure bullshit and you've got nothing better to use as a counterpoint.

Spoil a game? SPOIL A GAME. Did you even fucking read that sentence? Read it again, "singularly a website might not be much but the collective impact of many of these individuals from other groups acting on their own on a much larger scale taken together equals a far more multiplicative effect. This is one of the main things that guides a viral market's judgement on value."

Fucking prove it.

You can filter by ID, you retard.

Whatever, arguing with all these paranoid faggots is tiring. Go on, pretend that Holla Forums is vitally important and yadayadayada, I don't give a fuck if you want to be egotistical nignogs anymore.

You mean the caps where it was "proven" that porn repels shills
That idea kind of fell flat after people realized it was still advertising and just made it so that you were doing it for free, and also after recent events

No, with retarded arguments like these I'd ask you how you manage to breathe unassisted.

Except they would know that every single post in defense of the games that Holla Forums doesn't like only serves to strengthen the hate for it. This action literally has the opposite of the intended effect. If nobody here talks about Fallout 4, a user might not hear much about it except positives, and thus buy it. But if someone DOES mention it, they'll get a dozen posts telling anyone who reads it how horrible they think the game is and how nobody should buy it. Then that potential sale is lost.

Just look at No Man's Sky. The more people knew about the game, the fewer actually wanted to buy it. Games, like all media today, are clickbait, and clickbait functions ONLY if you are kept in the dark about the actual content.

How the fuck was any of that an argument?
Are you retarded?

Does "trolling" means " to be mean to someone" these days or something?

Ok let me lay it out just for you then
By filtering your ID i simply won't have to deal with youin this thread
By you taking on a tripcode like every other attentionwhore i won't have to deal with your shit in any thread ever because as soon as you shine that faggy lil' tripcode you'll already be in my filter
So be a sport and take some time between your dick sucking sessions and get a tripcode ,me and a considerable number of others on this board will be ever so thankful , which let's face it , it's the only way for you to please anyone **except maybe with your suicide*

Yes, it's been that way ever since "troll" made it into popular lexicon
Normalfags are retarded

Goes without saying the story and primary antagonist is fucking retarded.

Blind chance is not without a sense irony.

If you're this delusional everything will seem as shilling. That kind of shilling only works if it's consistent. The attention will die out in less than a week, but the hate won't. Again, it's never worth it.

So that was sarcasm? No wonder it made no sense. Sarcasm doesn't work over the internet. At all.

You ever hear the phrase "No such thing as bad publicity"? Sometimes shilling takes the form of furthering product recognition, if changing opinion seems hopeless.

You have to realize that like most things, shilling has a whole spectrum of what form it can take. Advertising Theory is its own category of study.

Of course, this isn't carte blanche for users to brand anyone who takes a Holla Forums-contrary stance, or an opinion that favors a highly-marketed game as a shill.

"No such thing as bad publicity" isn't necessarily a hard rule. Just ask Hillary about the publicity surrounding those e-mails.

There's still the fact that Holla Forums represents such a tiny fraction of gamers that there just isn't any good reason to. It would be like suggesting that they plant shills in every single high school. That's how tiny this place is.

Remember when we talked about video games? Me neither.
Anyway, i don't really give a shit about story as long as the gameplay is fine. Usually the little autist in me is fine with building games like these. But in certain games like this require me to hold down left click for a long fucking time making my goddamn hand cramp up, and everything about the controls and having to go through all these menus and submenus, the hud and the fucking clicking everywhere, its just goddamn painful to play. outside of that there really isnt much to talk about here, the game lacks substance and really is just a bunch of shit strewn together to make a shit blanket. Funnily enough i got all this just playing for 3 hours. I didn't even buy it
Sorry for bad english, its late, i have laundry

Well true, but it's primarily not to convince people who already hate it just to make sure that they talk about it. Of course it can always backfire.

it was ok, like a shittier terraria in which mining isn't nearly as important, yet most of the gameworld is underground anyway, presumably because it was literally a shittier terraria.

Everything is different
Everything is somehow even worse
Everything is a grind

I really REALLY enjoy it, but only because I can be entertained by playing shitty midi songs around a campfire, and watching my aquarium. If you can be entertained by simple or cozy things, and know how to make your own fun, this game is great for it, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything else.

LOL implying there's shills here take off your tinfoil hat you dumb conspiracy theorists, nobody cares about this place it's insignificant, shilling here is completely pointless so why would anyone do it?

Now let's get back to our weekly starbound thread.

You don't even need shills when you have clueless newfags act in the same capacity.

Plus I can blast initial D and do retarded shit like this

Oh shit it's the fun police

You want to talk about Starbound? there is only one word to describe Starbound: disappointment.

There are not even good RP servers, or they are basically empty.

This is unfortunately true. The only multiplayer fun to be had is with close friends and who has those?

I liked it
Up until it was "finished" anyway.
The whole "story" and shit honestly ruined the main thing I liked about it, leaving the rather dull and repetitive gameplay. Quest system as a whole is garbage.

From a gameplay and general content perspective, Terraria is far better.
On the other hand, I do like the atmosphere Starbound gets on occasion. I'm quite fond of the RP type aspect, as well, although like I mentioned, that was shat on with the story/campaign garbage, and the quest system doesn't do it any benefits.
Over all, it depends on what you're looking at it for. I'd suggest pirating it, as well, given that Chuckleshit is trash.

Fucking good. 4chan is filled up with a bunch of anti chan faggots who dont even really understand what Holla Forums was about. They just spam memes all day and are sadly a lot more left then they should be for boards where anonymity exist. This place reminds me of the old 4chan, where posts are less but quality is more. We have less users but threads get more attention. You dont have a thread falling off the board in under 20 seconds like they have now. Being too fast means that your opinion, your thoughts, your everything can be easily drowned out or "slid" as Holla Forums screams.

Ill take my smaller board with my more old fashioned chan than the popular one that conforms and subjugates anyone who actually has an opinion that goes against that status quo.

If I want to say that Mass Effect is fucking garbage, I can do it here. That gets banned over there. If I want to call the mods a nigger, I can here because mods arent as butthurt and would more than likely fuck with you instead of ban you (which can be pretty funny, just like old times, Snacks). If I want to say that liberalism and feminism are single handedly killing the gaming industry more than any christian anti game group, I can without the fear of massive backlash from the entire community.

Be thankful that you had this place to come to, and not be forced to stay over there where the owner who always screamed "im one of you" one day came back from the enemy of freedom and said "Who are you again?"

This video is pretty spot on, actually. Didn't ever think of it in that way, but yeah, basically the whole 'fallout 4' scenario.
Early Access and general 'beta' stuff is trash. I liked the game for what I got it, initially, but it turned into something that wasn't any good.

I'm surprised they are patching it still. Too bad they have no competent programmers to add real features.

There's shills, but there's shills everywhere. The shills here are no more talented or devoted than anywhere else. They're most likely not plotting against you, since that time would be better served making shitty threads about the latest AA or sometimes AAA title what's got the money to spend on marketing to a very small community like ours.

From what I recall, their only guy what did anything of worth quit, and their replacement was trash. Everyone else was 'spriters' and 'writers'. But that information is undoubtedly well out of date.

The OP doesn't want to talk about video games
he has only one post
you need to learn to recognize this shit

If I tossed every thread what had a single OP post, I'd have hardly any threads to reply to, user.

vid is alright

buddy boy if most threads have an OP with one post after 50 replies thats a problem, not to mention the OP has other tells if you learn to look for them
part of the tell is the way that they are written, canned paragraphs that you can replace the game name and they seem to fit well

here watch
So, what does Holla Forums think of Star Citizen? I've never actually played it, but Elite Dangerous with First Person interaction sounds pretty cool. However, I remember hearing anons on here criticizing it, but I can't remember what the specific problems were. Would you recommend it?

Like I said, we'd be quite low on threads if we just ignored any of this type.

Besides, I still don't really see the issue, even assuming that's true. People might still discuss things, people might still find it useful to share thoughts on the game and why it ain't good. The meat of our content here on Holla Forums should be in that sort of deal, shouldn't it? I much prefer that over, say, "ITT: Characters that X" or "ITT: Games that Y".
Hardly ever any discussion of any signifigance going on there, as it's all broken up into tiny facets of individual games. We can't look at a grander picture of the thing, we can't even go too heavily in detail on the individual issue what relates to that topic, as most the time it's just burried under a slurry of shitty single-line replies.

Ok.

Good
then we could have more real natural discussion
Complacent or complicit?
we can do better than both
yeah those threads are shit, but a good OP that is definitely not a shill would have bothered to do some research on the gameplay, even some lets play shit and be able to at least describe the game in some way beyond "but I can't remember what the specific problems were. Would you recommend it?"
anons should put in some barest effort, even a "I'm looking for a game like x" even with a single post would be more legit, as anons would reply their recomendations and if an user or a shill were to post a recomendation that was shit they would get called out on it and the why
what I'm getting at is this is a shit OP who is probably a shill

breddy gud

youtube.com/watch?v=LdYPGHc_BYc

hey, embed
I almost thought you were a shill

also checked mein brudder

We can, but good luck getting it to happen any time soon. Over all, I'd rather just respond to a thread what vaguely interests me than get stuck with ones of which don't interest me at all.

But I digress. You're not wrong. Just don't personally find that much issue with it.

you're a lazy cunt, but I get it

I don't know if you remember the intense level of shilling that used to go on on half Holla Forums
I certainly do and I know it came over on Holla Forums with CTR, TRS and others trying to steer board consensus
shits galvanizing

Ill be honest though, if I dont know a game I would rather get my info from here than doing my research from "reviews". I have always found reviews to be fucking garbage 99% of the time. Be it movie, music or video games they have always been for the most part biased in the fact that they want to sell something. Its hard to see who sells what here and there is so much opposition no matter what is said here I can have actual debates on something picking a product apart to the point where I can see if its going to be even worth the time or not. I think chan boards to better investigative journalism without the issue of worrying if they will get fired for what they say than people who actually get paid for it.

So if anything I would rather people drop that media of "reviewing" all together and flock to boards like this, where people take their best thoughts and weight them against others. The strongest will survive and be used. You cant use fame or wealth here. You cant buy people here (yes i know shills are a thing but ill get to that) and you cant reason with people if your reasoning is terrible. When I say buy I meant the entire audience, the people you want to sell it to. You can shill here but the people who do that arent indigenous to the site. Also there are no mods to protect said shills. There are no owners to come down and outright start banning anyone who speaks out. They have zero protection. So if someone comes in trying to stealth pitch something they will get completely fucked due to how their rules work. They will have zero backing and thats something they wont be used to. They will have to fight it out with veterans who actually know how to debate, pick arguments apart like vultures and do so without remorse.

So if I see threads asking about a product or an idea, im completely fine with it. Its not like they will do anything to help them. All it will do is expose a possible source of food for the wolves here. If they dont know how to act they will immediately be torn apart.

What, you expect me to do it?
To be fair, it's less out of laziness, and more out of a rather stupid fear of low-quality given that we're on an anonymous imageboard. Took me ages to start posting to begin with, because of that dumb shit.

Now that's a fair go on. Half Holla Forums was pretty heavily shilled. Though, I don't feel we've got that issue, at least yet. Mostly due to having fairly low post-count. There's shills here, undoubtedly, but I feel they're typically fairly minor, due to our size. Still, I guess the fear is fairly justified, given that half-Holla Forums could be our result.

The word you're looking for is "which".

This person is correct.

you don't buy bullshots user you just look up legit gameplay and see how things seem to go, probably mute the vid because of the retard voice and skip through the video a few times to get a feel for it
after that it would be very prudent to come here and say something like "I was thinking about playing game and I saw some shit in some gamepaly vids that looked like [thing]. can [mechanic] of [thing] be fixed or if I play will I just be buttfucked. is this piece of shit even worth getting"
that kind of shit would fly and probably get some concise answers and make some discussion, and any OP with some brains could ask some follow up questions because some anons may say it's not a total wash, or at the very least stick around to say thanks for the info instead of one and done posting the OP like redditors do on half/v/ console wars threads

yeah reviews are total shit and should be considered bought and paid for, fuck em

what do you think I'm doing user?
I'm saying OP looks like a fag and is probably trying to dredge up attention to make the game more popular or even switched IPs to create false consensus, I haven't read the whole thread to check but that's something they do on forums and reddit and I'm sure they do it here
our mods are kinda shit tho

well fair enough
but seriously, you can and should watch a straight gameplay vid, maybe with no sound, and build your own opinion before posting questions, otherwise one would be just as bad as a forum fag who follows consensus

call a lazy OP a lazy OP at least
maybe do what I did and break it down
fair enough
we also have redditor scum among our midst posting like redditor scum
just call a fag a fag man, better than nothing

danke

Yeah, no shit, user. It's almost like people toss on a touch of flair to their words, sometimes. Did you know "ain't" isn't grammatically correct? What about "fam"?
Stick to youtube comments.

I actually use aint myself once in a while
I picked up a southern drawl from family or somewhere and it goes into my writing as well once in a while

Well, your style is shit.

you're shit checked tho his style is probably shit

I played through it once with my roommate and never touched it again. It was kind of fun to explore for few hours, but once you see about six or so different planets, you've seen literally all that the game has to offer. Just Pirate the game or wait for a sale if you're a fag if you need to, but there are much better games out there.

Daily reminder that this man would not have become president if the normalfag's opinion hadn't been swayed with Holla Forums tier memes trickling down from here to all the major social media services.

meant for

I wish I read the rest of the thread sooner, guess there are a lot of anons still on guard

Is there anything to be done into this game, beyond modding it into a sandbox furry yiff simulator in space ?
Shit is shallow as fuck

frakin universe is a start, adds more content

what the fuck are you talking about?

yeah you wish

foreign fag not saging

I'm assuming he meant to type Starbound, not Terraria.

welcome to nu/v/

Game developed by Eternal Anglo goons. They literally had a secret subforum on their site for their 10bux buddies to ironypost about the other users.

Born to scam
Lore is a fuck
I am trash dev
Game will be ready by 2013
410757864530 REFUNDS DENIED

you don't understand, that means this place is perfect for test sampling with

Oh, you poor naive fucker.

Everyone knows it was that Undertale fanfic that memed Trump into the White House.

please use archive.is/craigsilverman/meet-the-online-porn-pioneer-who-created-a-news-site-for-int

That's not what they believe. Shit's pretty funny even if it may or may not be true.

Oh right the blacklist: archive.is/OwBQe

THAT'S A GIRL??

I play it. I like building things. There's a gun in the game the relocator which lets you pick up non-hostile animals and move them elsewhere (and then they become a priority entity so they don't disappear when you leave). You can make some really cozy areas.

And It's also very easy to mod.

Yeah, a lot of people didn't know that, probably because the art style makes it look like a M->F. Tumblr nose doesn't help.

Here's some dumb shit I saved from a general.

This asshurt this guy has caused to Starbound fanboys is great.
He shits all over the game saying it's a boring sack of shit, and he even mocks autists who use sex mods.

This is the dumbest argument possible.

Hey, if I made some indie game and had it on sale for $10, I would come here and talk about it. If 1% of those guys see it and 1% of the guys that saw it were interested enough to buy it, I made $10. Not back for about thirty seconds' worth of work.

I honestly think that the fault lies with random generation. Random generation is a shallow interpretation of what makes open world games interesting.

Bigger does not equal better, and one carefully crafted mountain with purpose, will be far more interesting than 2,000 mountains added to make the world feel "realistic".

And it's lulled devs for awhile now, from arena to no man's sky. Massive world's with nothing in them.

The only randomly generated game I can think of off the top of my head with any depth is dorf fort, and that's because of the autistic attention to detail and years of development.

One city in pic related is far more interesting than any world in Minecraft.
Tl;dr random generation a shit, and gives no purpose to exploration.

kek

Guess anything related to nazis is too dangerous to show to an italian, uhn?

I want to add by the way that the porn of Starbound it's also extremely autistic.
It's the same characters over and over again and it's always godawful art that was probably payed for in ERP.
It really fits the game: it has the potential of having tons of variety but it ends up being the same bland shit over and over again.
All sorts of crazy alien sex could be drawn and animated… yet it's just furries with a hint of sci-fi… but just a hint.

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

fug

Most devs like chucklefuck aren't looking to sell a million units. Holla Forums is kind of like a "tastemaker" in the same way that 4chan was and still is, in that its opinions will trickle into reddit and other more normal places on the web. Because of that, people do actually shill here.

dont do it man

its shit