Xonotic

Fast and free, gratis and libre arena shooter.
xonotic.org/

Holla Forums Absolute Wrath Server (Latvia, 0.8.1) Status
dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic&server=94.30.161.138:61998

Holla Forums Xonotic Server (NA Pacific, 0.8.1autobuild) Status
dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic&server=98.176.138.242:26000

Duel Ladder
Monthly event.
Duel other participants on maps within a map pool.
All skill levels welcome. This aims to help others find duel partners and improve.
March Map Pool: Aerowalk, Bloodprison, FE26, Fuse, Phrantic, Downer, Toxicity

Newbie Guide:
gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis/Halogenes_Newbie_Corner

If you're the first one on the server, announce in the thread so thread lurkers know when to join.

Mid-week there may be polls for playing times so we can all get together at the same times for larger scale matches. They will be marked with "Schedule Poll" in the subject.

Previous thread:
archive.fo/jPHFl

Other urls found in this thread:

webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=xonotic.na
discord.gg/yZWGN2K
p.teknik.io/oByE5
p.teknik.io/fU7YP
poal.me/8jjdor
poal.me/qq09o9
poal.me/yqfpl4
poal.me/sjbdfp
time.is/
poal.me/tkdav9
archive.fo/fMeVP
poal.me/eezoqn
poal.me/rkdlbs
rbfi.io/dl.php?key=/XMSI/finalrage-lights.pk3
archive.fo/qzlgX#selection-3535.0-3553.3
xonotic.org/posts/2017/xonotic-0-8-2-release/
stats.xonotic.org/game/836329
stats.xonotic.org/game/836332
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are two chatrooms available. Please keep the thread as the main method of communication as one or the other may be disagreeable to other posters.

IRC
The North American Holla Forums server has an IRC gateway to this irc channel that reports status when people are playing. Additionally, idlers on IRC can chat with players.
webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=xonotic.na

Discord
discord.gg/yZWGN2K

Movement Tutorial
A circle jump offers a boost of starting speed and is the start of a usual CTS run. The webm is missing a few bits of important information. Going in a direction using one of WASD without jumping or moving the mouse provides only 320 qu/s max. However combined with moving the mouse laterally (creating a circular path), this maximum speed begins to exceed that amount (max 480 qu/s). To do a circle jump, reach a high speed on the ground then jump to preserve it from friction. The numbers are from the defrag mode and will be different for fragging, but the concept is the same.

For strafe jumping, a common thing among new players is to frantically wiggle the mouse back and forth without properly aiming at that angle. The best acceleration is based on an ideal angle, not on direction switching. This ideal angle will be farther from the center as velocity increases.
Direction switching is mainly for repositioning, avoiding collision with a wall or falling off the map.

OP Copy Pasta:
p.teknik.io/oByE5

Schedule Polling Template:
p.teknik.io/fU7YP
Change the day, date, server, and time zone when making a poll.

Ideally, give 2 days in advance for voting. Most vote tend to come in the day before.

poal.me/8jjdor
Poll for gamemodes. Please vote if you haven't already. The goal is to either have a time where people can show up for PuG TDM/CTF, or to have a ladder so people can set up their own days. In the event of the former garnering sufficient interest I'll put up a poll for good days to host it. So far I'm thinking one weekend day and one weekday will be best, but we'll see what the responses are

I'll post the ladder when I get home

I'd also like to reopen newbie nights. I'm thinking Friday 6-10 PST so far. I'll post an image up (read: an edited version of Ant's original newbie nights post), hopefully tonight

Ladder for March

bumping with gay niggers

Bumping with my favorites from the OST.

Friday, March 10th
poal.me/qq09o9

Saturday, March 11th
poal.me/yqfpl4

Sunday, March 12th
poal.me/sjbdfp

Time zone help
time.is/

Indicate what time you will be coming online. You may still need to post that you are coming on to the server.

The Xonotic forums did not warmly receive my suggestion to port the game to TempleOS. However, despite using the word nigger, I did not get banned.

part 2 of fun posting adventures

I love this game. It doesn't seem to get a lot of attention here though.

Play with us on the weekend
Or just say when you're coming on to the server.

There's been less attention lately, for sure, but people are bound to come and go over time. All we need is for people who are interested to come play the game

They seem pretty supremely butthurt about a joke post

Is it honestly all that surprising given the history he's had with the forum so far?

We'll all just vote the same time anyway :^)

The time is the same, numerically since the time zone was changed from EST to PST, but what matters is the indication of attendance. Someone new to the thread isn't going to know that our usual playing times have been evenings/nights, hence the one or two odd new players from a few weeks ago showing up on weekend mornings complaining 'ded server'.

If you have a better idea, let's hear it.

I thought I would be banned/muted for a day or so for using the word nigger like many other forums. But all that happened was the moderator being uncomfortable and moving my shitpost to the designated shitposting section.

Also vote if you haven't.

Poll results indicate that people will be playing, starting 6 PM PST. Also vote for Saturday and Sunday if you will be playing on those days as well.

?8) /nice one

This many people online.

@ant
fe26 is still busted on my end. Still works on hub. Please fix

Fix confirmed, shit works. Everyone should play more Fe26

Where would I find the autobuild? I tried joining the server but the entire map was pitch-black aside from powerups.

When there's a version difference, there's automatically a download for the additional scripts to make up the version difference. The map being pitch-black is a download issue.

4 of us on the server, despite not voting for the times.

Y'all faggots should (((vote))) in the polls more often
I wanna see if we can get tdm started, based on the somewhat limited answers in that prior poll. Next Saturday sound good as session 1? What time works best for people? I was thinking 4-8 pst just as a general ballpark but slightly later/earlier works as well. The idea would be to have people hop in and get organized into teams, and then be distributed to servers/wait on a match to finish before getting queued up themselves. The goal would be to try to pair similarly skilled players against each other, so new players can and should join up even though it wouldn't be an explicit "Newbie Night"

Is Xonotic satanic?

It's some default value for scores as spectators, or ping for players currently connecting. Not sure if it's something carried over from Quake 1 or Nexuiz.

Yiff me

We could've voted for the times to get on, in case someone alone on the server has a less ambiguous waiting time for other players. But at least we're playing together.

Some people still playing.

There've been some new names today. I encourage new players to play duel, team deathmatch, ctf. The learning curve will be less 'deceptive'/obtuse on those modes. Participate in the duel ladder to easier find and git gud with some opponents who aren't demoralizingly good.

Steady stream of players today. Not all of them were insta refugees either. Maybe keep it up for tomorrow?

ggs today. Hopefully we can get more people on a more consistent basis

Some silly frag with the Crylink and an explosive barrel on some CTF match on catharsis.

Perfect

i would like to request the removal of gasoline

newer git versions of the maps have sane values for the explosive barrels

I don't like it either, but are the pubs voting for it to the point its a problem?

I've kept it there for the trolling potential e.g changing the "awesome music" to something mediocre just to fuck with people. Additionally, I've had the idea that a coordinated pub stomp can highlight the flaws of the map and curb its popularity. Pubs potentially learning their lesson about the map at the cost of them leaving for the day, is it worth it?

It's close enough to the 15th and I'll be busy this week (and maybe next) so I'm gonna start accepting nominations now
Also if anyone wants to join the ladder, let me know by the end of the month

When you put e.LM on the ladder were you sure he could actually find the thread so he could challenge people and contribute activity?

I remember him struggling to find Holla Forums to begin with.

installing now

(ps red eclipse is better)

Just say when you're going to connect to the server, and I'll join in. It appears people were playing earlier, yet some faggot prefers to announce that on discord only.

wew

See

Friday poll is going up. Saturday and Sunday will be coming up later.
poal.me/tkdav9

I would suggest riot.im on the matrix.org network as a replacement for discord.

Using the irc-matrix bridge software you can connect irc and matrix rooms. If you do not wish to run the bridge software yourself you can switch to an IRC network already supporting it, eg. Freenode, snoonet

I don't actually have Discord installed and neither did I complete the sign up process for it. Someone decided that a chat service would be nice for the thread and offered it for anons to use. I've then linked it as a part of the OP since.

If you want to provide a venue of communication for anons, I'll link a third chatroom if you make one. My only reservation at this point is that chat services weren't exactly conducive to thread activity.

delusionarykiller challenges dingus guy

zeel-crimzon is now available on the server.
Also 3 players online.

Reminders:

For anyone interested, I'd like to get TDM pickups started this Saturday. I'll be on around 4 PM PST, and we can go basically until we don't have enough people anymore. The end time is less important than a starting time people can plan around

For the ladder, nominations are still open. Sign ups for April are open. If someone runs into e.LM kindly point him towards the thread.

Let's try to have a newbie night this Friday. I can usually get on around 6 PST (though I may be a little late this Friday) and can give advice to new players, or just anyone looking to break through a speed-bump somewhere.

red eclipse is better faggets

Then go make your Red Eclipse thread.
Or go talk about it here

1v1 me in xpm faggot

3 on the server at the moment.

OK let's try this again
i, the one with the username Brikc, am being dragged into the April duel ladder and i nominate uh, i dunno, Bloodrun

I find this amusing. Best troll. You're right about discord though.

I accept the shittiness of discord, I just wanted to set something up in a very short period of time that people would actually use. For the most part, judging by both other threads and other AFPS communities, people seem to use discord. Was also trying to get something that had VoiP, since I (wrongly) assumed people might want it for team modes.

If more people will participate given a different application, or if someone wants to set up something better, that's all fine with me. I just don't hugely want to constantly hop around or dump extra time into a proposed solution that won't change our usage stats

For anyone that doesn't know, the new devastator is already a part of the game and has been in the latest git/autobuild versions for a while. It is slightly modified from what is seen in that image. The new mortar will not make it into 0.8.2 and is planned for 0.8.3.

From what I'm told the devs are hoping to release 0.8.2 this weekend. That means Xonotic will probably get a post-release player surge. *insert standard disclaimer here*

I'm online right now but am only in game on and off. Post in the thread if you plan on playing

players on the server

why would i play this over UT or Reflex tho

It respects your freedoms.
You don't need Steam to run it.
The developers aren't owned by Tencent.

Anyone wanna play in the Holla Forums server right now?

Reminder for Saturday

(I'll be online around that time as well)

Additionally since I've neglected to set up a poll for Saturday, just post the approximate time you will be coming online.

I caught this post 1 hour after. I could give you a match if you're still around, but right now quite tired.

(checked)
Not to mention that Holla Forums set up a few servers, regularly plays xonotic, and has weekly and monthly events that drum up a little more activity.

2 in the server at the moment. Hop in and we can get some tdm going

make that 5 in the server

GET IN

We're all taking a break / eating dinner right now. Do we plan on playing more later in the evening?

Also about 40 minutes ago someone came in wanting to play some team games.

Ladder Update. Didn't hear at all from Dingus. Hopefully he shows up at some point

The online CTS leaderboards have been updated to reflect the current server database, after it hasn't been updated for a long time.

archive.fo/fMeVP

Above is archived of the version that has significantly less of a performance impact on the web server. Which is exciting for me; however so far clients are going to notice the colors in html are off from in-game and maybe slightly improved responsiveness.

And to no one's surprise, now that the web leaderboards are "back"…

I'd like to nominate tox for april.
I'm not brikc

You wanna nominate 2 more? 3 nominations and then everyone votes for 7 on the poll. Granted if we only get 7 this month there's no need to vote

To help with the map nominating process, this is the list of maps on the Holla Forums server that are listed as 'duel' maps i.e the DM maps that are oversized for 1v1 are filtered out.

acid3dm10_q3
afterslime
aggressorx_wz_04
bloodrun_a3
boil
bloodprison_xon_r2
charon3dm13
crescent_q3
cpm1a
cpm7
cpm10_nex_r1
cpm15
cpm16_nex_r1
cpm17
cpm24_nex_r1
cpm29_nex_r1
cucumber_v2
cure_full_r2
darkzone
downer_final_r1
drain
finalrage
fuse
hub3aeroq3a_nex_r4
imprisoned-final_r3
lostworld_ql
luminar
map-everything_else_is_green_v1r0
mint
monsoon_q3
opium_v4
rota3dm2
ruinerx
runningman
solarium
silentsiege
stormkeep
syntheticv1
toxicity / pukka3tourney2
warfare
xoylent

Unfortunately, I can't really designate a maplist at the mode voting screen, and whatever maplist alterations supposed to take place, happen at the end of next match.

A group of others are planning on doing a game night and Xonotic came up on their game list.

Additionally, the group may also use one of the servers.

Any thoughts? The next two weeks' weekends are taken.

Just need 1 more map.
This isn't to represent the "big map" roster 100%.
Just for ideas since the game night is expected to be fairly large.

sure.

tox, xoylent, and darkzone

meant for

I'd like to take back tox and nominate gasoline instead.

second pic.

Our servers are scheduled for Holla Forums's game night on April 21st.
>>>/radcorp/95

Assuming you're serious, and not just shitposting, I can toss Gasoline into the list, but I guarantee it will get insta-dropped. Even if it somehow managed to get voted in through the most rampant of shitposting or through not enough nominations, nobody really wants to play a map that is more rail-whore-y than RuinerX for 1v1s, except maybe THE WORST

I imagine it would play very differently but lets see what happens. Any more nominations or is it just my 3 and brikc's bloodrun?

9-Ball nominating q3campgrounds, deck16, and Toxicity for the dool pool.

:^)

ok then since you guys insist; i'm gonna base my interests from each map having like two pictures

Docking Station G-23

Glow Plant

Xoylent

X-Evilspaceremix

3 of us on the hub NY server.

Tempest joining in.

Cool. Feel free to nominate 3 maps. I'll put up a poll on the 25th
Maps already include: Bloodrun, Gasoline, Xoylent, Darkzone, Campgrounds, Deck16, Tox, Docking Station, Glowplant.

It seems to be a bit of a shitposting month so expect unorthodox duels

Also, can we add oa_dm4 to the map pool?

On the server. Seems a bit small. A lot of 1 player wide hallways and small/medium sized atriums.

Well it *is* a q1 duel map. There's another version on the forums called [DM]red but I suspect it's also quite small

I will.
Need a day or so to look through these maps.
For sure, I'll nominate before the 25th.

Late night defragging as usual.

4 players online

Opium might be a bit chaotic with 10+ people. I'm not sure about Sewers, but I think it'll be similar.

I would suggest grudge, bromine, atelier, dreadfulplace, and voll_aufs_maul as they are big and would be suitable for tdm & large ffa.

Ideally the maps featured on there are native xonotic maps, well designed, do actually fit that quantity of players, and aesthetically fit the flyer itself. Right now hal_palindrome is the least aesthetically fitting on there.

I'm not sure about Bromine and Atelier fitting the aesthetics.

Also Holla Forums first game night is scheduled for this Friday afternoon/evening. Depending on how many players show up there, we may need extra Xonotic servers when our day comes. Additionally, I figure since there's an entire month before our day, NA Pacific may be hit by a worse than usual DDoS attack. So those extra servers may need to be go online on short notice too.

Forget what I said about Sewers. I was thinking of a different map.

Atelier is a default map. I'm not sure how you can get more fitting than that. Bromine was also made for Xonotic. I think dreadfulplace might be a port.

Brown and green on a flyer that's mostly blue. It's also an aesthetically dull map in general.

The top row of map previews looks great. Xoylent CTF looks good too. I think its the presence of a contrast like yellow/white with dark grey or blue that's currently defining the theme.

While the flyer is mostly blue, the bottom row is surrounded by black and dark blue. If the brown of Atelier and Bromine are an issue, then what about the brown of Xoylent?

If you're not limiting yourself to the included mapshots it is possible to get shots of Atelier that don't have green at all or very little.

Right now looks like this. Xoylent still has that balance of dark and light colors for the brown on it not to clash too much.

The best I can arrange it at the moment. Which is nice, 4 T/DM maps, and 4 CTF maps.

I wasn't, but the mapshots were readily available.

Also need some ideas on what to do when our day comes. The other games don't have their own persistent thread, so there's no issue in making a new thread for them. It'll be a bit weird to have 2 Xonotic threads, maybe the mods won't like it either.

Why not just roll it into this one? Not like we're averse to more thread activity

Looking at

So, the thread has its own title and the OP is for setting up the game. It also attracts a lot of attention since that thread isn't usual. Meanwhile our thread is kind of usually around and probably won't pass off as a special per fortnight event as it is right now.

Some of us on Duel Kansas getting newbie duels going.

I pick Bloodrun, Mint, and Toxicity.

Got anything to nominate in place of Bloodrun and Toxicity? We have those in the pool already

Silentsiege and Fuse then.

Alright, poll is up. If you're on the ladder, please vote for 7 maps
poal.me/eezoqn
Should be everything.
Signups for April are still open until the end of March, after which point signups for May will be open. If you wanna drop off the ladder for a later month, let me know

Could someone break this 10 way tie already

Thoughts on the image?
Also I think we'd need to prepare some material on what to do if there's a black map. The bug is common enough that it's bound to happen to 1 or 2 clients.

This. May have to make a tiebreaker poll at this rate

I know that Linux users should make sure they have libcurl installed as that seems to be one of the most common reasons for black maps.

This is too well coordinated to not be niggers voting from pool of IPs. Proposing tie breaking vote in discord only.

I suggest you all screencap your vote page.
We can then manually tally up the legitimate votes, and additionally check for any voters that voted over 7.

I bought reflex and that was a huge mistake. It's just a worse version of Quake Live. Brings nothing new to the table except for microtransactions, and doesn't even replicate the fun I had with Quake. Also runs like ass and looks like shit with "performance configs."
Meanwhile Xonotic is completely free, consistently puts out triple-digit framerates, and looks so clean when optimized it's more satisfying to look at than the pretty graphics. The new weapons and their mechanics are also neat. Pretty sure I cum every time the guided rocket connects offscreen.
Really wish I could find the means to play with you guys.

It's like CPM, not QL. Movement isn't quite as good, and no insta swap, but plasma climbing is fun now instead of a chore and the map editor is great. Also netcode is way the fuck better

Don't worry, pretty sure I've memorized the maps that needed to be tiebroken

Looks good to me

New poll, faggots. Pick 4, break the tie
poal.me/rkdlbs

Like everything else in the game this is configurable.

Nope. Still a chore.

Standard settings are the point of comparison unless stated otherwise, else every configuration and mod must be taken into account, and the conversation quickly becomes pointless and autistic as fuck

Just not a fan of plasma climbing? Because it's infinitely easier and much stronger in 'Flex than it is in CPM

How long until this poll is considered closed?

rbfi.io/dl.php?key=/XMSI/finalrage-lights.pk3

Hoping to have it closed by EOD, but now it basically boils down to whenever we get a clear set of winners. Hopefully we can get one of the 4-way tie maps dropped

Going offline in the morning for maintenance.
The IRC gateway will also be unavailable then.

Xonotic is good and all, but it's no Chaosesque Anthology

Chaosesque Anthology is good and all, but it's no Nexuiz.

FUCK YEAR

The server ip has changed. Again.
Sorry about the recent performance issues. I do appreciate the continued visits to the server despite its ongoing issue.

Additionally please check
>>>/radcorp/141
sometime regarding April 21 & 22.

We've been having these threads ongoing for 8 months by now.

Is there footage where it doesnt just look like a poorly modded Xon?

And speaking of poorly modded, I've slapped together a poster instead of using screenshots of shitty spreadsheets. I'll have a little more time now so I'll try to get this shit edited into something more presentable at some point

We lost our OP image and our starting webms, but at least search goes straight to the thread as usual.

0.8.2 is out.
Congratulate your fellow shitposter toucan/topeka/tobacco/tootsie roll/turbine/topkek for making it on to the credits list.

Thoughts on the new CTF map?

(Seems a bit wide open and prone for Vortex, but that's probably what you get for having the bulk of CTF games be instagib)

DID SOMEONE SAY CHAOSESQUE ANTHOLOGY?

I LOVE CHAOSESQUE ANTHOLOGY! AND BROWN SKINNED PEDOPHILES!

Hey, I've been seeing these threads in the catalog for a while and I've always been curious. What's the deal with servers (in general, not just OP's) and players (taking into account all servers)? Are there enough to go around, or would I only be able to play at certain times and at servers located in particular territories?

The most players are online at European times because most of the players are in Europe. There you'd see some various niches like players who primarily play vehicles, instagib, duel, ffa, akimbo, etc.
At American late afternoons, I don't think the niches are defined (and the playerbase is smaller). It usually depends on which server has at least 2 or 3 players earliest, and it snowballs from there. Yet there's typically a separate group for instagib.

For example, we were second most active server in the game last year, because we could get 2 shitposters to sit on a server around 4 PM PST.
archive.fo/qzlgX#selection-3535.0-3553.3

From a wanting to play standpoint, just post in the thread when you hop in. If there isn't already someone around, you'll probably get someone within 10-15min if you're on in the afternoon. Rarely do I have problems finding anyone at all, but im also quite keen on duel so low pop affects me less

You forgot to link the release announcement post.
xonotic.org/posts/2017/xonotic-0-8-2-release/

The Akimbo servers are Nexuiz servers that have been hacked to show up in the Xonotic server list. You can tell because if you look at the server info the version is 2.5.2.
They were hidden for a time from the server list (in git/autobuild versions) by the Xonotic devs, but it seems the Nexuiz people have gotten around it. The gameplay on those servers shouldn't be taken as an indication of the actual gameplay on normal Xonotic servers.
They are pretty disliked in the Xonotic community for good reason.

Pre-emptive challenge (my computer is out of commission but should be fixed soon) for Sawa, mini, 9-Ball, DK. Also Newbie Night this Friday and TDM Sat

This is the way to go, always see 2-3 players hop in less than fifteen minutes after someone posts to the thread, at least when I've been on the server.

Reverse-challenge accepted (mini here). BEEMANIA soon

No pretty promotional image?

It's on the PC with no heatsink

Do we just get a new OP?
The image is missing.

What isn't going to break this week?

Tempest challenges Brick

Fuck. Next Newbie Night?

We'll try to get this to be a weekly thing like it was before.
Almost every night was Newbie Night because pubs (who aren't great at the game), tend to join in. So the issue wasn't newbies getting terribly owned. Additionally we stopped holding them previously because newbies stopped joining in for those days and randomly showed up days across the week.

Please play regardless of Newbie Night. There's a funny trend of people being overconscious about starting out in an arena shooter. Not all of us are tourneyfags.

ok Tempest, when will you be up for this, i'd say tomorrow at 6 PM EST

I think that could work. I'm also around now if you want to play immediately.

i didn't think about immediately for some reason, this i can do after a shower hang on
what server will we join for it

Holla Forums Pacific or a server in the midwest is good.

What? Speak fucking English you fucker, this is an English board not a French-Spanish-Gibberish board for your Roman-wankery.

I'm on the Holla Forums server playing defrag while I wait.

自由のように自由、ばか。岐阜、富山県境の山間部を走り、2017年に廃線となった旧神岡鉄道(岐阜県飛騨市)のディーゼル車「おくひだ1号」が8日、1日限りで復活し、駆け付けた数百人の鉄道ファンらを楽しませた。NPO法人神岡・町づくりネットワークと飛騨市の共同企画。

It means that the game is free (as in price) and free as in freedom (the game code and assets). Gratis meaning free price, libre being the "free as in freedom" part. These terms are typically used in the F(L)OSS world to reduce ambiguity since it is possible to have only one.

stats.xonotic.org/game/836329
stats.xonotic.org/game/836332

We did our matches.

When we doing this? Late afternoon like last time?

That's the plan. I'll try to be on around 4-ish

My bad, got sidetracked playing Kenshi, Ingame now

6 on the server right now.

au server when

When an user volunteers to host.
The server admins are different between the North American server and the Latvian one.

Well shit.

If I can get a game in before Monday, Tempest challenges The Worst and Ghor.

I still don't understand why you haven't gotten rid of that map yet

Online now if anyone wants to prac a bit

Bringing attention to this.

colour me shocked

Brick challenges e.LM, Ghor, and Delusionary Killer

Need some players for the Holla Forums team for Lainchan vs Holla Forums. Most of them are Europeans, but a server on the east coast should be playable for both them and the west most players here.

Planned for this weekend.

Did Bill Gates ever actually say that? Every time i've seen someone mention it to him he always denied to make that claim.

Any idea of their general skill level?

it says
-linux torvalds

under it so maybe not bill gates

o ya, i (Brick) would join the Holla Forums team

Not really.
I played with them earlier today. They don't seem to strafe, but I can't gauge their effectiveness in shooting while I was busy being designated flag carrier.

Join anyways. "I never played Xenotic" guy volunteered himself regardless.

I think it's pretty clear what that sig is already.
It's also not a real Gates quote, in case people were still wondering, but it is still funny

(checked)

In total we have 6 players for Team Infinity, with the concern that the teams are stacked (not in quantity of players, but player skill). We'd like to get a nice range of skill for adaptability and mutually fun matches.
So whatever random user who's not played the game before is more than welcome to join.

Brick from Nostalrius?

Anything anyone would like to see more of on the server?
Also another reminder that Newbie Night will be this Friday, and we'll be having TDM on Sat.
Don't forget to post when you're hopping on the server

version 0.8.2 on gentoo's portage tree never ever

You can't just add the repo to the list and update it from there? Or is this more of an official support thing?

(It seems) Lainchan ran into a boogaloo of their own with their site going offline and their data/threads/images being purged. Still going to try to organize that TDM/CTF event with them.

As usual all skill levels welcome. Ideally aiming to have skill-matched games. So join even if you have no experience playing.
If you're still conscientious you can get your practice and training on Newbie Night this Friday.

>Fast and free, gratis and libre arena shooter.
Why do you feel the need to add all that useless shit to make this trash "appealing"? At least you didn't call it "good" :^).

just a "fast arena shooter" isnt always playable, like reflex doesnt work on linux and you have to pay money for steam
it is appealing because of the convenience

Some players on the server at the moment.

requesting the addition of bardok-lick and bardok-w3sp

Will be available on the server the next time I run fs_rescan for it.

Meanwhile a bit busy with map porting.

Reminder that today is TDM day. Post when you plan on joining because I don't want to sit in the server by myself all day
Would like to ideally get shit started around 4 or 5

On the server because I want to do something other than programming all day for the weekend.

please respond

(´・ω・`)

im cummin

Any progress with the map porting?

The least error prone map is The Catalyst, and the geometry is mostly ported with very few issues.

I never got an explanation or a formula regarding texture placement on a face, because the forums would prefer to link code that is relevant to parsing the Quake .map file, but irrelevant to calculating those values. So there's placeholder values that will likely be screwy when I do actually get Net Radiant to look in the folder with Reflex's textures.

Additionally my knowledge of Net Radiant is limited to drawing prisms and putting textures on them. So I'm halted a bit because I don't know how to import new textures.

Also I'm looking to convert entities because putting xonotic equivalents all back where they used to be is too much effort. If that's at least done, and the textures are imported, we can have a slightly funny looking, but playable Reflex map where the trick jumps don't carry over.

Have you tried looking at the NetRadiant source code yet?

Getting textures to just show up in NetRadiant is easy and is done with shaders. If you want to do more than the absolute minimum, Darkplaces/Xonotic uses the Quake 3 shader format.

You're complaining about too much effort to convert map formats between games.

vs

I don't know what the fuck that means, I got a bunch of jpegs and I want Net Radiant to use those jpegs. You're dealing with this kind of understanding. When I get home I'm gonna give it another try.

Reminder about our game night event this weekend. This is currently the plan on what to do with the thread because it may be weird to have multiple threads on Xonotic.
>>>/radcorp/143
Game night threads go up on Thursday to give all potential players a day in advance to install and set up a game.

Also supposedly the irc could use more players for a pick up scene in North America. If you'd like to run the pickup bot (irc bot) or a pick up server (game server), do post. Obviously, the requirement is a desktop because both need to be available on a consistent basis.

Going to be on practicing my defrag if anyone wants to join

4 players on the server.

A pick up bot in #xonotic.na has been deployed.
Looking for some volunteers to host game servers for pick up servers. I would say right now, we'd take what we can get. If the server can't be online 24/7, then consistent days of the week of available is okay.

Ideal region is midwest US where west coast and east coast players have fair latencies.
Also tune into this weekend's game night event featuring Xonotic. That may be where discussion of Xonotic will shift.

Just to follow up, you guys should get your gamenight thread up sometime today ideally. Write up an OP for absolute retarded anons and be prepared to host tomorrow and Saturday.