Xbox 360 Thread

Settle in, dust off your controller, and get cozy anons. It's time for a 360 thread.

I just hooked the 360 back up myself.
Any fun titles you remember playing or even may have been playing on 360 recently? Pick up any games for your collection?

Feel free to share any neat custom themes you've got. I've got a few that I made a long time ago that i'll upload soon

man I despise scott pilgrim, embodiment of hipsterism

the 360 is neat, also I was thinking of getting a VGA cable for it.

I kind of want to hook up my 360 again since I got this called Kameo which I heard was the last good Rare game minus those Perfect Dark/Banjo Kazooie ports. That being said I do find it annoying that the earlier models lacked an HDMI port and on top of that needed a wireless adapter.

I thought the same thing, but when I actually read it, it felt different. I dunno.

oh no, I read it too. the creator was a smelly 30 something neckbeard and his shit self-insert is now an icon of faux-nerd culture. I can't stand it.

Go on…

On a serious note, apparently the 360 is good for shmups, so I may look into some soon. Lately I have been playing the Operation Flashpoint games on it, but the team AI is so fucking dumb that they annoy me at times.

you'll want the slim one, not the one that's flat on both ends, but the second model. These models have HDMI and analog outs and can also be softmodded for 360 game loading.

play deathsmiles. it also has a lot of treasure game ports although I prefer the original releases of those games.

I don't much care for it either, but the game is pretty damn fun, I must admit. What I hate to admit even more is that I enjoy the music of it

early 360s didn't have HDMI? I never knew. I didn't get a 360 until the black S version came out.

I know Deathsmiles is pretty fun. There's also Raiden IV and a handful of other CAVE games on there too, but most are JPN only. There's a list somewhere that shows what games are compatible with what region-360s, since not all games are region-locked.

Requesting a chart of Xbox 360 games, not sure what I'm looking for but I'm trying to expand my horizons beyond fps shit

You won't find many good xbox 360 exclusives that you haven't heard of before. It just doesn't have a great library.

first model 360's don't have HDMI, just analog out. These are becoming a little uncommon now since most have or are failing and have been replaced.

SMASH THAT HEXBAWX

It did have the advantage of most multiplats performing better on it. I'd trade Uncharted for a few more frames any day

I dunno, it has a solid enough library for me.

BAYONETTA
The 360 version is still the best.

I was planning on importing some eventually. Shame there doesn't appear to be much for the Xbox One. That could've persuaded me to get one at some point.

Also, Deadly Premonition is great, but play it with friends if you can. Also the obvious JRPGs

Well, I copied all the shit I wanted to share with you guys from my 360 to a USB and all the files are in gibberish.

I don't think there IS a chart for 360 games user.

Understandable, since HDMI is the standard nowadays.

seemed like most of the multiplat titles ran on it better too, as says.
I know for a fact Bayonetta certainly did though.

Damn right it is.

Only 5 of those are exclusive only 3 are worth playing

the only xbox one exclusives I'm remotely interested in are Raiden V and Crimson Dragon.

Nigger they're all worth playing. Which ones aren't worth playing?

I know it's not a shmup, but I am pretty interested in Cuphead. Plus there's Killer Instinct, but I can get a PS4 and Neo Geo for my fighting fix.

Cuphead is getting a PC release though user.

Only three out of the five exclusives I mean. Ridge Racer 6 is way too bear bones. Project Gotham 4 is better. Also, there's very little point in playing EDF 2017 when 2025 is out on PC.

All I remember is Soul Calibur 4 or 5 being pretty okay and not being able to play Gladius despite being told that the 360 could play xbox classic games FUCK YOU MICROSOFT

The only exclusives I listed were Lost Odyssey, AC6, Mushihimesama futari, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Ridge Racer 6. I thought that Ridge Racer 6 was pretty tight. I have no Idea what Project Gotham is.
Tell me which other game isn't worth playing so that we may fight to the death.

Hard Corps Uprising, Mushihimesama Futari, and Enchanted Arms aren't exclusive. Lost Odyssey, AC6, and Ninja Gaiden 2 are worth playing but everybody's heard of them. Ridge Racer 6 isn't because it's bare bones and boring. EDF isn't because 2025 is out. Was that that difficult?

Mushihimesama Futari is exclusive though. An Iphone port doesn't count.

It's an arcade game. Some japanese faggot slapped it on the xbox 3 years after it came out.

the 360 never had good BC with original xbox

Arcade doesn't count. There's no way the average consumer is going to be able to play it or buy it.

Then get a rom. Idgaf about shmups

I see you marketer.

I've had Dead Space for the Xbox 360 for a long time, but I can't bring myself to play it for some reason. I'm just not that into horror games.

Nice dubs, Hitler. But the Xbone isn't worth the metal and plastic it's made of. It's an overglorified Netflix box, or just a big paperweight.

I replay it on 360 every year for Halloween. I just love Dead Space though. 2 and 3 are kind of disappointing. Have you tried playing Condemned? That's a pretty good horror game.

I played the first Condemned and mostly liked it, but I got frustrated at the end boss, and tried multiple times to beat him. I eventually got frustrated, got mad at the game for killing its own atmosphere with a violence-fest ending, and quit.

If you like turn based tactical games, and don't mind embarrassingly dated graphics, give Operation Darkness a spin.
Don't know what I did with my webms from it though.

yeah, they really fucked it on the ending. Did you play the second one by any chance? If so, was it better?

No such thing. Only shit art.

Nope, too much of a sour taste from the ending, unfortunately. I'd consider giving it a shot, though. I liked a lot about Condemned's spoopiness, especially the mannequins.

Online is dead though

No seriously, it straight up looks like a fairly early ps2 game, and still drops frames. Doesn't bother me, but it's there.

can't say I blame you for wanting to avoid it. I'll pick it up if I get the chance then, just to see for myself. Pretty much my whole paycheck next week is gonna go towards getting 360 games I either never played or games that I turned in to GoyStop since I was a student with no money for new games

>laughed at my retard black friend for reading shit pilgrim
it's a shame really. The worst part of the game is the retarded pictures that you get at the end of the level and the movie would actually be pretty good if it was just setpiece after setpiece of mindless action like those nip twins scene. This whole generation has been nothing but good ideas wrapped in garbage.

I agree. Most of the fights weren't that great.

I have a 360 collecting dust for years now, and i've been thinking modding it because the games i want to play are impossible to get in my country, is it worth it.

forgot the "?" sign.

Agreed. Love Anamanaguchi.

I mean it's basically free to homebrew so you might as well. Make sure not to update your firmware before you check what version you have.

I have dashboard 2.0.17511.0, am i fucked?

Nigga why'd they have to delist that shit. Shit was my jam back in the day.

I finally just got the DLC and made a new character in DaS. Breddy comfy.

Homebrewing might be tough with that version. I think there are ways to get around it but I've never done it before. You can also just burn games onto dvds if you just want to play games.

I thought the x360 could only be hardmodded. How does one do a softmod? Game exploit? SD/USB?

There's Xbox 360s that still work?

You actually liked that? I swear that game was boring as fuck, and it felt like the whole game I was waiting for the real game to start and then it just ended.

Early Xbox 360's came with a component cable that could switch between SD and HD. Not sure how good it does it but it was a thing. Also I think they stopped packaging them when they introduced the HDMI port, only including a SD cable.

Good taste mah nigga, even though 7 blows it out the water except for AI being cheating bastards, and worse Angelus and Crinale designs

Charts wrong, Ridge Racer 6 is exclusive, not multiplatform. At least it includes ITC

Honestly a lot of the Launch title racing games are a bit bare bones. I assume it's because they were trying to capitalize and rushed things. PGR4 is the most complete of them though and is still gorgeous to look at Rip Bizarre Creations. Though RR6 is still a solid title, and it's better have that then nothing at all.

Fix that. There's no weak point to any of it.

Been playing Dark Souls (because I haven't been assed to pirate the PC version and have too many hours on my deprived build that does what I want Like solo first try O&S by crushing them under a Great Club buffed with Great Magic Weapon and Power Within supplemented by Lingering Dragon Ring

And I'll pimp TXR/ITC forever and a day whenever I can. Even though ITC is pretty weak due to most likely being rushed out the door. It's a great entry point into the series due to it's easy nature and decent physics Using my NG+ dosh to build an R34 GTR that I got to top out at 263 MPH with nos was fun, still need to finish my 100% Win rate in 90 days playthrough I'm doing though.

Don't know about the standard fat consoles but those component cables were still included with the old fat/150GB elites up until at least 2010. They work pretty well for when you need analog. The switch is a bit flimsy though so you have to be careful with that. Those consoles also came with the audio adapter that did optical/analog audio out. Pic related.

Don't you have to mod the console, before doing that?

Yeah, the white ones

I must have played this for 1000 hours with my friend.

It's like they fired whoever designed the 360's layout, then proceeded to hire a homeless man who had never touched a computer in his life and never organized anything.Seriously, who designed this monstrosity? I literally had to go into a tutorial everytime I bothered to try and make a party for it.

I have a black one and that works fine for me.

I'm happy it isn't just me. I have two friends that bought Xbone and I can't navigate that GUI for shit.

The white ones are the shitty ones that always died, though.

Reminder that Ubishit took down the Scott Pilgrim game in December of 2014 after Anamanaguchi didn't renew the music license because of butthurt over #Gamergate.

It was very unfunny so it didn't seem like a joke to me.

You need to flash the drive

Got any proof of that, because I found nothing.

Bring back the glory days of custom gaymes on Halo 3

How good is the 360 version of Bayo?
t. user who played the Wii U version first

For the guys that're asking about Condemned 2: The game isn't BAD, but it kinda does the setting a disservice. A lot of stuff gets explained and it wrecks the spookiness the first game had. I remember playing the last few levels and thinking that it had gotten just plain dumb. Still it's bretty gud for most of its length, and you get to beat the shit out of crazy homeless people.

There's absolutely no reason to go back to it.

Thanks for reminding me of the hunt for the 500 jump token things. I still remember getting stuck at 499 for dozens of hours at least.

I had fun with some of the early 360 JRPG's like Infinite undiscovery and enchanted arms

Is there any way to get around the region locking on the 360? This was never released in the UK

Is it region locked? There isn't locking by default on the 360.

bullet witch any good?

It's region locked.

I gotta get another ac adaptor soon. I really want to continue playing Tales of Vesperia. I gotta say it's too bad Playstation fags only got a Japanese release. It's a great RPG.

If you plan on/or currently collect for the 360 get this game now (it's crazy cheap). I see this game being on alot of people's hidden gems/top 10s.

haha xbox 3SHITXty

Better than Zestiria/Xillia? Never felt the need to really finish either.

Haven't gotten around to those just yet.

I wish we got a proper Saints Row game but a fun Crackdown game is a nice surprise.

It's symphonia/abyss tier. The battle system is a bit closer to Xillia's only without the character linking and less fluid, although in the late game the combo possibilities ramp up a lot. It's been about 8 years since I played it so I can't remember how good the story was but I do remember that I enjoyed it.

Also, a bit off topic but if you're looking for a modern tales game that's better than Zestiria and Xillia then give Berseria a go. There's a demo on steam so you can try out the battle system, it's by far the best tales game they've released in a while.

Bamco censored Berseria in the west though didn't they?

Not really, there's a scene in the prologue where a character gets stabbed by another character as a sacrifice which was changed to him getting stabbed with a magic attack instead of a sword. I have no idea why they did this but it's the only change they made. The scene lasts about a minute total and changes nothing in the story.

I'm not sure if they have patched it out or not yet but the part of the log that describes this scene in the game wasn't changed which is a hilarious oversight.

oh that's all that they changed? That's is a rather silly thing to change, especially since they could've kept that T rating with that in it anyway.

I thought there was some censorship of characters' outfits or something as well, but I suppose that may have been in reference to another game.

They might have changed some of the DLC costumes (I'm not sure) but as far as the base game is concerned that scene is the only this that was changed. It even comes with dual audio so you don't have to put up with the cringe like you did with the older games

*thing

I hate that I enjoy the game, game OST, and art of the books for Scott Pilgrim. The storyline is so fucking cucked. Imagine if that art was used for something of worth instead. Also Scott is a cringy author self-insert. If I ever write something I'm making damn sure my main char isn't a self-insert.

eh if it's just DLC costumes, I wouldn't get them anyway

That's great user. Last thing we need is another Reki Kawahara-tier self-inserting autist writing novels

Wait, whats Snoopy's flying ace and why is it 360 only?