Vidya Weapons

It is a well known fact that you can tell how good a shooter is by how well done their shotguns are.

Post some vidya weapons that make you moist anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/MaskiShowTV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

JIAN LEG REMOVAL DEVICES

Max Payne and The Suffering both had shit shotguns, but they were still supreme shooters.

I've been saying this since forever and am glad it caught on or I wasn't the only one who knew this. Vidya shotguns show you what type of shooter you're dealing with, not only in quality but in what direction the design of the shooter mechanics will take. You can seriously tell a lot by a shooter just by how the shotgun behaves. Shitty devs will usually punish the shotgun by making it barely effective beyond a few feet and giving it ridiculously stupid spread. Good devs will usually reward players by giving it a decent range, satisfying as hell performance, and basically making it the versatile weapon it's supposed to be like IRL.

Warframe honestly had great shotguns. I quit half a year ago but even now if I found out that they nerfed my Tigris I would kill everyone at DE.

Well known on /k/. Here we actually know the value of gameplay mechanics versus authenticity.

I like that satisfying sound of the gun going off, especially if I tear right through my enemy. Quake was too soft and didn't give that satisfying boom that doom gave.

are you suggesting a shotgun with a range of 3 feet is a good thing?

too bad the game is jewed

No he is saying that single parts can be shit, while the game this shit part belongs to can still be overall great. A lot of the great Games that came out during the late 90s and early 2000s usually had a bunch of useful weapons and some weapons that were so shit, you are asking yourself why they were in the Game at all. But did it matter? No.

More games should try combining these sounds, Resident Evil 2 did it with its upgraded shotgun and it sounded fucking amazing.

I still remember the sobek being fucking great after slapping a bunch of mods on it.
Good times, man.
FUCKING SPACE BABIES GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BIOMECHANICAL SUIT REEEEEEEE

Someone should send this to /k/, with love from Holla Forums

There was a time in Payday 2 that there was no point in taking anything other than Shotguns and Sniper Rifles, but Shotguns in particular.

Here's hoping someday they allow your frame to go rogue and kill the spess babies

Just so we're clear, civilized african man, spess babbies are retarded (I always imagined frames were remotely controlled by a remote consciousness stored within or somewhere close to the Lotus, with individual consciousness first being rescued in the tutorial or defense missions) and I was lucky enough to drop Warframe for the second time before that update.

I hate how in FPS games, guns point leftward towards the center of the screen. I know it makes sense from an aesthetic/UI standpoint, but people do not hold their guns pointing up and to the left, THAT'S NOW HOW YOU SHOOT STRAIGHT FUCK YOU

You niggers know nothing of good. Your Tigris and Sobek were nerfed garbage before they were even made. Thank you casual shitters for complaining because a shotgun with a tight spread hitting something on the other side of a small room is unrealistic and OP. Fuck this gay earth and fuck DE in particular.

But our grorious DE aren't gay. They're just addicted to money and cock.

I have a fondness for shotguns that hit things from longer than 10 meters range.

You do know how perspective works, right?

Slugs are a godsend in vidya.
I am so glad people still play this game

Yes. Go hold a pencil below your right cheek and point it straight ahead.

Just had a thought about something. Why in all these "futuristic" shooters where the phazer guns be at?

It's a real testament to BC2's quality that people still play it so much. Honestly my favorite ModernMilShooter.

I tried to play the original BC on 360 but the FOV was fucking awful.

Fucking love Demolition Man, and I only got a chance to watch it from start to end last month.

While we're on the topic whats the shittest gun you've ever seen Holla Forums?

'In game' obviously, that Brony decorated rifle doesn't count.

Seen or shot?
Either way, probably something from Warframe, I can't think of anything else right now.

>
welcome to Holla Forums, lurk before you post

I can think of a lot that are super underwhelming, I don't know of an absolute worst though.
could probably come up with a lot more if I dug through my collection but none really stand out as the "shittiest gun ever"

It points up and to the left from my perspective. You're retarded.

That's because you closed your right eye. Kill yourself.

Makes sense. The only game with a good shotgun is DOOM.

TF2 is mostly shit but launch weapons are something special

Ironic given the OP, the Quake 1 shotgun.

Most games don't have you aiming down the sights or pressing the weapon against your cheek constantly though. Instead they are usually just held against the shoulder or hip. Holding your right arm out more closely simulates what you would see.

To be fair though, EDF has almost a thousand weapons and they are intended for specific difficulties. If you play 70+ missions on inferno then 90% of all weapons are shit, while playing through easy makes everything good. Weapons that are actually shit in any and all situations only make up about 0.1% of the entire arsenal.

This doesn't fix the problem; the gun's still at an angle. Sure, on a 2D screen, your brain tricks you into thinking the gun is aiming straight ahead because it's pointed at the center of the screen, which is "straight ahead." But it's really at a retarded angle, and once you really recognize that, it's hard to un-see it, at least for me.

The problem at that point is just shit FoV, thank consoles for that.

Don't really have any specific examples, but plasma guns that make that stupid "bloop bloop" sound piss me off. It should sound like you're firing a screeching burst of hot shit that can melt someone's face off, not like you're playing in a bathtub.

It's the starting weapon though, so it's leagues better than Doom's pistol by comparison.

The problem is more that the screen is a 2D surface. Angling a gun toward the center of the screen is the default because it looks sort of right to most people most of the time. The only real alternative is the Doom style, where the weapon is pointed dead ahead and comes up from the bottom center of the screen–but because we've already been conditioned to view the other model as "correct," it looks wrong to us.

Actually the worst plasma gun I've seen is the one from Deus Ex, that one doesn't even have a fucking firing sound.

What do you prefer:

This gun is fucking stupid.

it does, but it's really bad. Pretty much all of the guns in deus ex are fucking terrible and playing the game like a shooter is horrendous and is an objective flaw in the game.

Shotgun
Railgun
Impact Grenade Launcher
LMG vs Minigun is a tie
Pistol Whip

It gets worse if you put a silencer on it, the firing sound goes completely off sync.

That's weird, I'm playing it right now and it doesn't make a sound. It also does pitiful damage, can't kill a normal guard even if the entire burst hits.

I have got to get my hands on Russian Overkill one of these days.

This piece of shit. I don't think there was anyone that didn't get rid of it at the first opportunity for something better.

Nailguns are never satisfying
Railguns don't give you that "plink" moment
Good explosive weapons feel like a really big punch
Minigun is overused and tired, LMG feels heavier and makes you actually think about ammo
dedicated melee is always a better system

If that's how we gauge the quality of shooters then Payday 2 is the best shooter of all time.

I've only played GoW 2 with friends once (like Borderlands, it's only fun with friends, but a lot of fun, I'll give it that) and I'm curious:
Did they ever use the "the bleeding edge of firepower/weapon development" pun in any of the lore or promotions?
And yeah, I always ditched it for the Locust scoped alternative.

For your own sake, do not ever look at the Left 4 Dead 2 steam workshop.

Plasma weapons = Dog shit flingers.

Spot on, it's like fighting with pingpong balls for ammo and fucking overheating/punishing cooldown as a reload is the icing on the shit cake.

The pantokrator made me love Russian Overkill, specially because of its 1816 overture firing mode.

The needler in Halo. Feels horrible, looks horrible. It'd look more at home in a sex shop than an armory.

I love the design of Fallout 3's laser rifle. That rectangular shape

…is very retro-futuristic.

Openspades does this; the shotgun is great but offset by its slow rate of fire.
SMG BRs gtfo reeee

That's some top tier shit taste you got there

Halo 2+3 weren't that bad user

Some of my personal favorites, they're all very satisfying and deadly.

Gook rifle in Crysis.

lg>rail

It's not that much worse than the XM8, plus it has fire ammo for the gayy lmaos

Probably the BFG10K in Quake 2. Special mention to the Future Cop LAPD concussion beam, and plasma flare.

What? The sawn-off was kinda crap but the other two were fine.

You don't have more than one eye in most FPS games.

In vanilla it's absolute garbage. But a couple of the modded versions (biomod, and the one that it's based on if I remember right) make it overpowered. It has splash damage and one-shots most enemies so you use it like the BFG10K in Quake 3.

One thing Quake 2 improved, at least in terms of sound. It's still got a 45° spread or something retarded.

You are retarded. Due to how perspective works, a gun resting against the right shoulder and pointing straight forward will appear to point at the center of the horizon, just like everything else.

This is like 4th grade art class knowledge.

Fuck you

On a related note, though, bless that shotgun/

Keep your arm low and point center forward with it. You get the same effect. Fuck, just go hold a broom or stick at such a level.
Also, while you're at it, hang yourself for being a clinical retard.

Would you a Shotgun Knight?

They 4 quad barreled shotguns.

By double-double he was saying quad.

What games have a good feeling O/U double barrel shotfun in them?

Fugg, I misread that. Guess it's time for me to hit the hay.

Fallout New Vegas

Goes by the caravan shotgun

The one in the pic is a Toz 34, which is a mod. though.

Call of duty olympia

Payday 2 joceline and it comes in 2 flavors

stalker

Please user.

warframe still has relatively good shotguns that are good by your standards, gunplay isn't all that good though

still isn't to bad of a metric for a shootan's quality though.

just to cover my ass, they just buffed shotgun damage and falloff range to the point that you can kill things across a room again.

Warframe is fun as fuck. Almost all the guns are great and the gimmick guns still handle very nicely.
Thing is, all of this only matters in the first 50 fucking hours, after which it's just a perpetual never ending cycle of the same handful of missions again and again, until the next update which brings a new batch of missions that's just a rehash of the old ones.

Are you retarded? Sure it is a reasonable explanation for
but are you retarded? Because that's not how it actually is.

Shit my bad. What I meant to say is

Darkwatch had fantastic weapons all around.

it just makes me more mad that it could have turned out better if not for it's shit devs.

I'd rather them put in some bullshit MMO-tier raids, bosses and tiered equipment than wasting the good gunplay on some dogshit sortie and 2 gay ass raid.
How bad do they have to be to make a game that's worse than WoW with guns?

The game itself was meh all around.

cmon Holla Forums, I know tripwire went retarded, but they made some good shooters before 2010.

Go pick up a gun and point it straight forward while resting against your right shoulder.
You fucking retards amaze me.
The gun is angled to the left.
It's in front of your fucking eyes, how do your chimpanzee brains not grasp this. If it were pointing straight ahead, the muzzle would be directly facing the enemy, with no angle–but it is at an angle.
You both need to drink bleach for being so mind-bogglingly stupid.

Huh?

Thanks for hitting me righ tin the feels, faggot.

Any time, homo.

I honestly only play it for the vietnam expansion. There's only a single populated server on the pc version at any given time.

Killing Floor 1 has a pretty sweet double action.

It looks something like this to me.

Sure, you can see more of the left side of the rifle. My point is that, in general, vidya guns are angled way more than should appear to be.

Plasma guns that feel good are hard to come by but they're some of my favorite.

Stalker. Hunt the harder mutants with it for added fun.

The only thing shit about the shotgun in the suffering was the ammo limit.

I don't think that's true. ME3 is a terrible game but has my favorite vidya shotgun ever.
I also like using this light machine gun.

Source?
k waging a war?

Russian comedy show from the late 90's called "Masks show". Pretty much just clowns with too many outdated soundeffects.
They have a youtube channel of their own now: youtube.com/user/MaskiShowTV
The "Idiot Village" sitcom managed to become my personal staple of slapstick comedy (you know, besides Tom & Jerry) because I was watching it all the time when I was younger.

Looks like a /k/ recruitment center.

turok help

I think a drawfag here drew the Needler being used as a sex toy, once.

Demolition Man is a great movie, if only it wasn't so prophetic.

I'm not a /k/ommando in the slightest but holy shit that gun triggers me to hell and beyond

Was it this?

funnily enough, it was a CoD game that actually had proper perspective on low ready guns.

I'd also post the Suss Gun from Forsaken if I could find an image. Never was really useful in a practical sense, but holding down the trigger and hearing the full auto fire was extremely rewarding.

>[email protected]/* */
@w@

Halo Combat Evolved wins. Best shotgun ever.

Prey has a pretty weird selection of guns, even if a couple are fairly close to shotguns and assault rifles and one of the weapons is a pipe wrench.

Sounds about right.

Well, have to get used to it because the 80s nostalgia kinda respawned games with enegy weapons with such attribute. Except this

I'm making a game, how do I get the shotguns right?

The Sawn-off in max payne was one of the best weapons. The trick is that you automatically reload when you dodge, so you could take advantage of the high rate of fire dodging into enemies

needs to be loud as fuck, have a satisfying visual kick to it, have an extremely satisfying reload animation (go over/under if you're looking at a double-barrel, or a break action or something with big movements if you're not) and have a tight enough spread to be usable out to about fifty meters. think of doom's shotgun or super shotgun and what made those great

Most video games don't even have 50 meters of open space. If they do that's sniper distance

For reference, this is 50 meters from the target. Using overwatch only because the practice range has distance in meters marked off on the ground.

if my shotgun isn't at least going to make the enemy think twice even at that range then i won't use it, frankly. i'm not saying it needs to be 1:1 realistic but you can design the coolest fucking shotgun of all time, and if it falls off after ten feet like call of duty it'll be a meme weapon at best

I'm thinking 10 meters for a full-hit, 20 for effective damage, and at 50 you can reliably hit with one or two pellets. Depending on the style of game being able to hit with a pellet or two might still be enough for the enemy to care at that range, but if the spread is any tighter than that there's no meaningful distinction between shotguns and rifles because you simply don't engage at any greater distances.

You don't get that BOOM feeling with a nailgun.
Hell of a lot cooler than a sniper rifle.
Feels a lot better to use than a grenade launcher, plus I prefer straighter paths as opposed to arcs.
Minigun is too common.
Dedicated melee.

Akimbo rafficas were fucking disgusting. DMRs are p cool

Sounds about right.

Condemned: Criminal origins. I think it was only used in one level and was there only pick up in the game. It could instant kill enemy.

I fucking love putting down people with the SavageKiller 5000 in bf1

The Tau Cannon (Gauss), also known as the XVL1456, is an experimental energy weapon introduced in the Half-Life chapter Questionable Ethics…