2007 WAS THE YEAR IT ALL WENT TO SHIT

WHAT ELSE WAS THERE GUYS, I'M FUCKING LOSING IT.

second eternal september, normalfags found the internet via iphone
sage for not vidya

It's related to vidya, obtusely.
but yeah I just need more data to add to the chart. Because holy fuck I feel like I could conenct the fucking dots.
I just need AS MUCH information on 2007 as possible.

Portal came out and brought the first mainstream meme to attention.

cuckchan thread leave

I see a fucking pattern here. I'm not alone in this right??

do you retards really think this is the case

you fucking tell me.
Tell me this doesn't look like something was systematically placed to disrupt a culture.
LOOK AT IT. FUCK MAN.

You probably wasn't even in high school in 2007, were you?

The people pushing this "2007" meme weren't even adults in 2007.

Games that came out in 2007 were:

Super Mario Galaxy (Best game of that year)
Portal
Team Fortress 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Rock Band
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Assassin's Creed

You can argue all day that 2007 was the year video games became "casualized," but it was heavily apparent that games were going that way starting in 2001, when games like Grand Theft Auto III and Halo: Combat Evolved were beginning to grab not just the attention of gamers, but everyone's attention. Soon after, beginning in 2003, apparel stores began catering to the gaming subculture, thereby popularizing the concept as gaming as more than just a hobby.

Never think for one second that this was some strange and phenomenal happening that just happened as a result of a combination of circumstances. It all folded out this way because video game companies wanted it to be this way. They wanted it this way because they are companies. It's natural that their goal is to simply make more money.

Video games are now the way that they are. Eat with it, drink with it, sleep with it, deal with it, and move on with it.

in 2007 apple sold only about 2 million iphones

videogames were always mainstream you retard

DESIGNATED SHITPOSTING THREAD

halfchan poster leave

Tech was booming in 2007 and coincidentally the financial crisis happened right on top of it.
Vidya companies to keep the same revenue margins they had before or merely to stay afloat started developing piss poor games and started wasting more on marketing than game development ala Halo and the normalfag flood that came with that tech boom ate that shit right up with the peak of that being Modern Warfare 2.

Add to that already struggling smaller companies dying off or being bought out and you got the shittiness of 7th Gen.
Its only slighly better now in terms of game quality compared to the 2008-2013 era, and FarCry to pre 2007, but at least its slightly better.

They always tried to be mainstream because that is just good business but they were always "for kids" until PS successfully reached the older market via racing games with steering wheels without needing to know how to use a '90s PC OS.

Dude.

Portal
Team Fortress 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Rock Band
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Assassin's Creed

i'm not even saying video games were destroyed.
I'm saying this was a larger conspiracy.

The things that were happening SYSTEMATICALLY took down "nerd" culture.

The Playstation did indeed make vidya more mainstream, but the nosedive was indeed during post 2007 7th Gen.
Compare 2005-2007 titles to everything after it and you'll see how bad it gets in a mere year.

but why did they care.
who did it
was it (((them)))
no I doubt it I really don't know, I bet the people behind these things knew eachother.
Why would you take down a subculture?
I don't understand it and it's throwing me for a loop really bad.

cringed unironically

GEE
WHOSE BEHIND THIS POST I WONDER.

This. Apparently Holla Forums is too young to remember "we want the Halo audience."

I don't think there is any one point where it took a nosedive but instead over several years publishers realized there were more new casual players than core gamers.

This was rapid from ~2005 through ~2012 but is still happening pretty quick today with freemium still gaining ground.

Nailed it but missed one detail, good games are still being made and will always be. Stop waiting for a marketer to tell you what to buy and look for yourself.