Play as Germans

Why are the Italians so incompetent in anything and everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/530760/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States
luis-guzman.com/opengen.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stop playing shit game then

Its everyone. The AI is so bad that it makes SP unplayable, while the players themselves are so autistic that MP is unplayable too

You know what I love? I love playing a game without a tutorial. I love playing a game that gives you the opportunity to play any nation but then punishes you for doing it. I love how playing some nations, you end up getting taken over or erased because the tech tree of a larger nation overrides you. I really love it how, after months of promised updates, the only thing the fuckers did not fix anything or give any new reason to play this fucking gam.

Darkest hour was greatest HOI. So far no good grand strategy over world war 2 came out, if you don't count giren no yabou as ww2 parody.

Yeah the Italians fucked everything up. Reading about how utterly incompetent they were in WW2 is really fun. Stick to making pizzas Italy.

I prefer to play Darkest Hour with mods. There's lots of great mods for it.

You only have yourself to blame.

Why won't these retards go back to 4chan?

Nice meme, but HoI4 is a broken, unplayable mess that only someone too stupid to find the /gsg/ thread could actually like.

Why make it anything like the real world.

i think we know the true cuckchanners here fam

Epic cuckchan post.

It's you.

Your thread is shit.

just wanted to talk about video games sigh guess reddit was right about this place

lmao

have you ever succesfully defended against imperial japan and the commie chinks as nationalist china? I have yet to succeed.

Man Italy really fucked up

Italians were actually decent soldiers when they were fighting the germans, lol fuckin backstabbers

weve had this discussion on /k a few times, italians make for good partisans, and their true forte is occupation, in a few days they will know the ins and outs of a society, who the movers and shakers are, where the black market is, and which milfs are bangable+cook well; basically they become locals very quickly

Because you haven't focused in bringing in the Romanians.

They're good soldiers in general, but were poorly led because Italy did not have the same military tradition as Germany. People who became officers were not the best and brightest, but whatever privileged shits had failed at everything else until their family finally gave up and bribed them into a commission.

you know your country is shit when you can't even subjugate a few greeks

In the incident that inspired Captain Corelli's Mandolin for example over five thousand Italian soldiers died or were cut down as they broke and tried to run, and as many as twice that were captured, deloused and deported to Italy. German losses counted around few hundred.

OP is a faggot and this thread will most likely get deleted because a /gsg/ thread exists already but whatever I want to discuss this
store.steampowered.com/app/530760/
This is a DLC for HoI4 and it's 15$. Just how fucking retarded they were to think this was a good idea

Are mentally challenged?

It is an historical fact that Italian soldiers were as good as their German counterpart - German Generals said that.
BUT, Italian Generals were often pseudo-nobles, or nu-nobles who didn't know shit about war and only cared about status. You can attribute Italy's pathetic performance in the war to them.

Also, since the Italian Unification it has been like that for them, loosing all the time to inferior forces because Generals were stupid and appointed by their blood, not military career.

You can pirate the game and DLC and play online with current patches and mods

Yeah, got a credible source?

t. Italian
We learn it at school, with quotes and everything. Obviously I don't remember them exactly and I may even be wrong, but the consensus of the Military History of Italy, from the Austria expansion, to the Unification and World Wars is that Officers were basically a bunch of retards, and soldiers were fine.

They were good soldiers in general,see in Africa, or the eastern front. Or during the defense of Italy, italians armed with germans weapons fought greatly.Hell, they fought good with those tankette or the old planes as Rommel stated.
This user here got everything right however. Most of the high ups weren't people who got there for merit but old aristocrats from when Italy was a divided place and since during those times they usually relied on mercenaries, a problem noted since the times of Dante and Petrarca with Machiavelli blasting those faggots princes.
The unification was mostly a mess and the new state used the power of the old aristocracy to keep order and so they got too much power. In WW1 Cadorna was a fucking faggot who threw thousands of people against Austrian fortified position. There are even myths of Austrian soldier pleading the Italians to stop throwing their lives away like this.
In WW2 Mussolini got most of it right and,for what regards everything that wasn't the military, he got helped by great people. However, for what regards army, industry and tech progress, he was surrounded by traitors, simply dumb fucks and corrupted bastards. The accounts you can read if you know italian are disgusting and disheartening, had those people really cared, Italy would have been a powerhouse. For example there are letters of the marines that asked the Navy higher ups to fight back. Planes getting scrapped thanks to Badoglio. We knew about the Russian T34 ahead of time, and yet we never stopped the production of the tankettes even if the tonnage was too light. There was a will to lose the war.
Hitler on this got it right: the SS was meant to be a new warrior aristocracy.Something we should have worked too, however Mussolini was too much of a softy

Sounds objective and completely not full of shit.

Hey-o Liugi, take-a the e7787e Mario and go fry some cannelloni or some shit. You ran like fucking rabbits in Africa and rather the only more worthless WW2 auxilia I can think of were the Albanians you recruited for the German cause. Those fags were recorded to drop down, shoot a couple of rounds in the air, throw their guns and equipment away and then even remove their boots so they'll run away faster.

k

You realize they won with 6-1 deaths of combatants in their favor, right?
You realize that italy won the war in ethiopia, right?
Not anything to be proud of, but quoting single battles as demonstrative of an entire military is idiotic.

Not according to Rommel.

There's your fucking problem. Should have taken Bosnians, Serbs or Croatians, even Bulgarians. Who the fuck takes Turks when you have Slavs available?

naw, they're right. When commanded by Germans Italian troops performed far better than they did under their Italian commanders.
Italy's poor performance in the war comes down on the officer corps and Italy entering a war which they weren't prepared for in any way whatsoever

That said, the Italians really haven't solved these issues and their military is still Burger tier, but for some reason they do have a pretty good domestic arms industry

The most powerful on earth?

The burgers are absolute shit at war, they have a really good logistics system, but they're terrible at everything else, especially when they fight an enemy with force parity

Italians also had, for some reason, the best armor-making techniques for warships in WW2. At 38km the Yamato's 46cm guns could penetrate 33cm of American armor, but was only able to penetrate 25cm of Italian armor at the same range.

In the 30s they were also cutting edge in terms of aircraft too

Ah I see you have no idea what you're talking about.

what did he mean by this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

Why would you do this to yourself? We at /gsg/ are so hungry for anything that even remotely resembles grand strategy that we eat utter shit, yet even we won't touch HoI4. It's a broken mess of a game that is inferior to its predecessors in practically every regard - shit AI, less content, casualised technology, streamlined minors that are identical to each other, no events or decisions (just "idea trees" that seem to work on magic, and which are only done for majors, everyone else gets a generic one), the game fucking rewards you for letting the AI manage your armies (they literally urge you to let the game play itself), peace time conference goes like "I see, you lost 10 million soldiers and didn't capture shit. Well, with that high losses, I guess you deserve everything I captured while only losing 100k",, even the fucking portraits are just copy pasted bullshit as opposed to actual photographies of actual people of the period. There is just not upside. Play Darkest Hour if you want more politics and diplomacy, play HoI3 if you want to go autismall on warfare, but for the love of God, don't fucking play HoI4

They were engineering masters. To this day Italian supercars, with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Paganini, etc are the bleeding edge in technology, or their arms industry with Beretta, a 500 yo manufacturer who made handguns for the US army for decades.
The problem is that really corrupt fuckers are everywhere.

The last war the Americans even managed to achieve their political goals in, where they were the main combantant, was the Gulf War in '91, and that was mostly done to try and clean up the reputation their military gained after Vietnam as well as suck off the Saudis

Italians.

Recently I've been trying to get into War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition. Holy fuck it's autistic. It's the Dwarf Fortress of strategy games. It's even got its own equivalent of Dwarf Therapist.

>learn that there is no greater pleasure than seeing, '250kg bomb hits CV Lexington flight deck; deck armor penetrated; internal explosion; AMMO STORAGE DETONATED' on screen

I tried War in the East because while naval warfare fascinates me, large fronts are my true love.
I just couldn't get over the turn based aspect of it, it makes it too hard to keep up with what has happened, and the contrived events such as surrounding a unit with zero chance of it retreating if you can do it in a turn deeply bother me.

There is rules the waves too. Or Aurora.

Yeah, although the UI is largely to blame for that in Gary Grigsby games. The feedback after every turn is no difficult to access that you are left exhausted just trying to find important information. Thankfully modders have made software to make the player's life easier, at least for WitP. You should be able to find something for WitE as well on the Matrix forums.

Oh man that game is fun. It gets pretty stale later on though since improved fire control makes combat fairly rigid, even with modern destroyers and their torpedo spam.

RtW2 is currently in development and will feature aircraft. I'm very excited for it. When it comes out, remember not to fall for the lightweight design philosophy meme like Japan did, or you're gonna have a bad time.

additionaly, USA army budget is incredibly bloated, with a fuckton of corruption and projects that are military equivalent of star citizen, ageing airforce with no replecements in sight and too much relience on carriers. we could argue if their army is the strongest, but it certainly is the most expensive with the most capacity for force projection

There is also Panzer General, which is preaty great . free libre version avaiable here : luis-guzman.com/opengen.html
I also enjoyed revolution under siege. At least when i managed to make it work.

Hitler died because of the shitalians. When will Shitaly get nuked?

You would probably like Command Modern Air/Naval Operations. It's in real time and it's the most detailed war game in existence.

I have a friend who keeps shilling that
I might give it a go over spring break