ITT: Game series you want to see return

Trauma Team was too gimmicky with procedures that just wasn't any fun to do. All the Center games were great.

It would look great on a Switch.

I feel like the first game opened up a lot of potential for a good, niche RPG series, and the sequel was decent with some neat new ideas that could've been ironed out. Then they made a mediocre tactics games, and then a FTP phone game, and then let the series die.

Similar thoughts as with Valkyrie Profile, a great niche RPG series with a lot of neat ideas that more games could've perfected, but series died with the second game unfortunately.

It's a brainless third person shooter, but it's a fun one since you can blow up entire structures, use any vehicle you come across, and the whole working with different, rivaled factions aspect was really cool. Unfortunately the series died with Pandemic and is probably going to stay dead. I know there's similar games out there like Just Cause and that one Red Faction game, but it's not the same.

More wanting a revival of the original concept than the series itself, but IMO the first and second games were the perfect turn based RPGs. Everything about those games was great, but the direction they went in after Thousand Year Door has been trash.

I loved playing as teams of superheroes in a Diablo-esque game, and would love to see either of these series make a come back. I've played the MMO that's similar to them, Marvel Heroes, but I want a singleplayer experience, and that game is way too easy as well.

It was a comfy ass game, and I'd love to sit down, watch TV, play some games, and collect Nice Cards on the go once again with Pikachu

Mega Man. Maybe X or Legends.

I would have said bomberman, but he made a return this year.

Parasite Eve

Spyro. This time without down syndrome.

Virtual On

House of the Dead

Twisted Metal

Suikoden
King's Field
Vandal Hearts
Echo Night
Broken Sword

*>*Mario Golf RPGs**
Right now, it looks like at least Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug will be returning.

I remember reading a review for the first game when it came out, where the dude accidentally got stuck because he blew up the faction HQ and couldn't continue doing story missions anymore. I thought that was the neatest shit.

Wild Arms
Jak & Daxter
Parasite Eve
Ape Escape
Lunar

Devil May Cry, and no, not the god-awful reboot.

That was a good series and Suikoden V is one of the best games I've ever played. Fuck Konami they can't do anything right.

I still believe.

Some older series I'd admittedly like to see return might be better off dead, given the modern mindset publishers and localization companies have. Stuff that was able to fly in sixth gen or earlier might not be able to now. Or, the publisher might feel it to be too much of a risk to take releasing for an actual game system, and they just reanimate the IP for phones instead. Be careful what you wish for.

Sony confirmed Wild Arms is coming back, along with Arc the Lad, as mobile reboots because despite directly owning the rights to both, apparently neither are worthy of seeing new games made for Sony's own systems now.

Sadly, given how Nintendo seems dead set on the stupid idea that the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series can't co-exist as similar JRPGs, I doubt Paper Mario will see a return to form. I found SPM enjoyable, but I will admit that that I kind of knew in advance from a friend that what I was getting into was more of a platformer with RPG elements than a traditional JRPG.

Chibi-Robo, just give me a proper fucking HD followup in a big open world house setting on switch and I'll be happy

also kururin

Mark of Kri would be cool to see again

metroid

Chromehounds

I'll give you that Endoscopy was ass, but I enjoyed First Response and Orthopedics.

Xenosaga, because fuck Square and Nintendo.

Enjoy what you have, forcing sequels and overextending ruin everything every time. Also

Why. Especially you two

Return once more, but as a masterpiece

The storyline was also just too fucking out there and convoluted to enjoy with too many primary characters.

I also totally gave up on the orthopedics but whatever floats your boat.

A lot of series' have had bad sequels but managed to course correct.

Metroid just got a new game, it can be put on hold for a few years

I meant actual Metroid game.

I honestly spent 60% of the game giggling because of the fucking plane scene ruining my ability to take this even remotely seriously.

Suikoden
Breath of Fire
Jagged Alliance
Non-telltale Sam & Max
Putt Putt

I know what you mean.
And then there's the fact that a game I played a short while back could be taken as a retroactive banepost nearly a decade in the making.

I can't tell if I should call you retarded or a genius.
I'm assuming you mean Trauma Team? It's almost been a decade?!

Nope. Was talking about Shadow Hearts: From the New World.
Bravo, Nautilus, and Bravo XSEED. I laughed hard when I wound up connecting those apparent dots. The previous two entries in the series are also what I would call "shitpost games". Which isn't to call them bad in the slightest (I adore the series), but there's retroactive shoutouts to now infamous shitposts to be found in them.

No, just checked that for you though. Over half a decade; Trauma Team will be seven years old this May. Trauma Center: Under the Knife will be turning twelve this June though, so I guess that makes the series itself over a decade old now.

On a related note, what a fucking bland name Trauma Team has in Japan ("Hospital.: 6 Doctors").

No.

Trust me guys, it would work. GRIM were almost onto something despite the 3d game's fuck-ups. Just swinging around to defeat giant robots is a thing of fucking beauty.

Baneposting will never fucking get old

This x10000

Can just be a spiritual successor, I just want something with that gameplay. That or Xbox emulation.

None.
Because I don't want yet another game I love to be raped by the current video game industry.

Mario bacause you can't have too much mario games

What you just said applies perfectly to AtL and WA. It's quite amazing, as despite having the rights to both and all, Sony fucking decided to bring both amazing Jrpgs series only to kill them right way by releasing a crossover with them as a mobile game. It's like they're trying to piss off fans of both franchises, similar to how that retarded crossover of megaten and fire emblem also did the same for both of those franchises. If you have two of the greatest rpg series ever and your best plan of what to do with them is to make a mobile game, you deserve to be shot in the head and let someone with an actual fucking brain to take over.

I played it when it was new and holy fucking shit I hadn't put that shit together. I might have to give it another try.

Only if it stars old ginger sunglasses Rad Spencer instead of new "Whiteish guy with dreadlocks" Rad Spencer.

Oh, no questions asked. The edgy style suits some of the villains, but zipping, swinging, grappling and every other technique? It all suits a more carefree, rad dude than some angry fellow.

Groder in the 3D game was dope, though. So cartoonishly hammy.

My nigger, shame TM '12 basically killed the series through no REAL fault of it's own (Too focused on Multiplayer over singler player, and the Server couldn't handle the load) Shame Jaffe is a cuck now and wouldn't dare put half of the stuff black had in.

I'd want Vigilante 8 or just proper car combat in general to come back.

Sword of the Stars made on a decent budget by a non-Satan developer.

Again, Shadow Hearts has led rise to a personal theory of mine about what could be called a "shitpost game", as I've effectively found retroactive shitposts in each of the PS2 games. Some day I might have to make a write up on it, but in essence, it would be when content that would fulfill an imageboard shitpost exists long before the shitpost itself ever did, but in a way where neither could the shitpost have inspired the game (due to the game coming out a good period of time prior), nor the game inspire the shitpost (due to having had no real connection other than both existing).

Yeah, I mean, Sony's not the sharpest bulb in the drawer, but with Wild Arms they used to at least have it an ongoing franchise; despite being prone to canning IPs after a single generation, if not a single game or two in some cases, it carried on from early-mid fifth gen (WA1 having come out prior to even Final Fantasy VII, and in a time where the PS1 still only had a handful of JRPGs on it, let alone that came west) and lasted until early seventh gen (with Wild Arms XF being a tactical spin off). You'd think they'd have figured the target audience was still around despite have missed most of seventh gen for a continuation, and indeed for a while it seemed like Sony was feeling receptive towards doing so for the PS4 and/or Vita (at least according to one of their directors in an interview), leaving me feeling as if it was safe to either remain in the grave, or be given a proper resurrection on Sony's own systems. After all, if you own a franchise and your own line of systems, keeping it on there just makes sense, right? But for whatever reason they suddenly decided to nix that idea, as if either their own IP isn't worth bringing back for their own fucking systems, or that there's somehow a bigger audience amongst mobile users (ergo who gives a shit about people that want it on an actual vidya system anymore). Admittedly haven't paid Arc the Lad all that much attention myself yet, but I'd wager that it was a similar case there, given it also somehow kept itself going for more than a single generation, despite Sony's penchant for dropping shit quick.

Sad thing is that ultimately that mobile game is what apparently came of the Wild Arms' 20th anniversary, aside from a handful of new official art pieces from their current series artist (I didn't mind his work on the series myself, but lets just say that the prior artist, Ooba, doesn't have as much "baggage" to his name). I suppose that will be the one nice thing in regards to the mobile reboot: more official art and perhaps a trickle of fan art as well, provided it gains much traction at all.

Really wish these companies would stop shunting franchises into reboots no one asked for: Either it results in demographic replacement of the original fanbase if it does well (since the new fans become the ones worth catering most to), or the series gets tossed back in the freezer. And while there were various phone ports for various JRPG series, as well as phone based side games (WA itself had both a tetris clone one based on those Puzzle Box things and a target shooter featuring Virginia in the past), I blame Capcom and Breath of Fire 6 for starting this trend of reanimating classic JRPG series into phone franchises. Now Breath of Fire has been joined by Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad, and Wild Arms, and I can only guess and hope against which one that's not being used is going to get hit with that hammer next.

check'd you motherfucker

Parasite Eve

Wild Arms

Breath of Fire

Jade Cocoon

Digimon World 2

Fuck you Sony! , at least license the IP, I want a sequel in my lifetime!

What the hell happened to the "fantasy surgery" genre anyways? Every other genre has a million clones on every side, but this one went completely disregarded despite the massive potential.
What other anime surgery games are out there besides the Atlus series, that shitty half-VN for DS that had like 5 surgeries and that retarded meme game on steam?

Shadow Man.

But between the original dev tean being scattered to the 4 corners, the game's rights being somewhat of a mess after Acclaim dissolved, and Jim Shooter owning all the old Valiant titles again, it'll never happen.

At most we'll get a license POS based on the current Valiant reboot which will be a generic stealth game at best. Shooter probably doesn't give a shit about the Acclaim versions of the Valiant stuff, even though 99% of people only even know about the Shadow Man franchise because of the game and not the comics.

Chocobo dungeon. The one one the wii from 2007 is the most recent. It was a fun and enjoyable game.

Legend of Legia. The first one was great while the second wasn't as good. The first game had the feeling of fighting against the doom of the world. You could gain spells by fighting monsters and being hit with their attacks.

No one lives forever. A humorous series that crashed with CONTRACT Jack.

Devil summoner Radiou series.

I enjoyed the different procedures in trauma team

Fate/Unlimited Codes

Melty Blood

I'd rather they stay dead than catch the nuType-Moon cancer.

we have enough generic boring jap rpgs already

I remember a flash game series about it, but that is it. It is like asking why there aren't more lawyer games like Phoenix Wright, it is a very niche audience.

Could be wrong, but perhaps Legaia 2 not having had Contrail work on it, and being developed solely by Procyon (rather than both devs in conjunction), might have had something to do with the apparent difference in quality?

I wanted Tactics Ogre/ Ogre Battle to come back
i just wanted the see all the missing sequels/prequels
(first SNES game was episode 5, the episode 7 and the N64 one was episode 6)

Haven't given that series a go yet myself, but by the sound of it, it reminds me of how Dept. Heaven was supposed to be nine episodes, and thus far we've only gotten I, II, IV, and IX, along with a handful of side games that never came west (like Blaze Union), over the last decade and a half.

Man I really liked Dragon Quarter.

These.

Shame about the system he's being held down by atm. Maybe one day we'll see a PC release, or better yet a new 64 styled game.

For a niche ass series I see a LOT of potential. But on god the fact there hasn't even been a new game since Arena pisses the ever loving fuck out of me
Yes I know we have the online one now but a part of me wishes there was an official sequel we all dreamed of. Look me in the eye and tell me you don't want an expanded City Trial mode. with different maps
It's weebshit (and a Lost Planet spinoff with a super tasty EDM ost weebshit no less,) I ain't gotta explain jack
Everyday until Capcom stops fucking up (Just let me have this one, I want to dream)
I blame nintendo for like 70% of Platinum's recent fuckups the other 30% I blame activision & microsoft
COME ON SQUARE SURELY WITHIN ALL THAT AUTISM SOMEONE WANTS TO BRING BACK IVALICE
I SEE Y'ALL WITH THAT FF12 PORT
Again please let me just dream.

Ah, How I envy the innocently naive~

I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see a new entry but like user said, do you REALLY want to risk that? Especially when they (and prob will) keep milking FGO?

Save for Spyro, this man knows what's up.

yeah, no

keep nu-typemoon away from my tsukihime and kara no kyokai

I really hope not.