Ow do grown adults manage to play MMOs/vidya for like 8hours a day while also working and supporting themselves...

ow do grown adults manage to play MMOs/vidya for like 8hours a day while also working and supporting themselves financially?

When I started working full time I lost all desire to play video games, I'd just go home exhausted and shitpost online or watch movies…video games require too much effort/thinking, they're great if you're unemployed though or just a student.

NEET life nigga.

where the videogames at

I discovered the same thing. When i was a student vidya was fun.
Now after a year+ of wagecucking and i have very little desire to play. Instead i just watch animu and buy weebshit

Might as well kill yourself now

1.Have a job/transportation that allows for portable gaming, play them during your break and/or on the way from and to your workplace.
2.Play video game during your weekends and/or holidays.
3.Find Games that make you relax and bring you down from the stress of your work day. Then set them up in a way that you can instant play when once you come home.

Each of these solutions have to be trained as a habit in the beginning and if you do everything right, you won't feel the exhaustion after a month and have more energy.
Regardless of if you continue to play Games, start fighting the total afterwork fatigue by doing any activity more complex than just lying around and watching shit. Total afterwork fatique is what drags most people down after some time and leads them on the way to depression.

they either bot or don't sleep. I know someone with 3 kids that does lives what you're talking about.

Been working full time for 2 years with a fuckton of overtimes. I still play my rhythm games as well as other games daily and decent sessions of them. Sounds like you just need to find a genre you enjoy user

People who have absolutely no other goals or aspirations in their lives whatsoever, and/or their entire social life exists exclusively online in the form of MMOs and they're too socially retarded irl and too old at that point to make lasting and meaningful friendships with real people.

I think it's pretty much 100% confirmed at this point that this is most of Holla Forums. Normalfags who go to work and don't actually do anything but pretend to play video games so they can feel hip by being memers on the internet.

This, and it's not just MMO's but with any game that gets hyped. I became aware of this happening to not only me, but my friends as well. Unfortunately, they didn't break away from it like I did.

this is pretty fucking weird, one of my colleagues just went
Another is happily sucking sony's dick and bought destiny with all the DLC, the division and has been shilling horizon lately.

Fucking normalfags.

We don't.
t. 28-year-old

People have forgotten what gaming is really about, and have fallen for the "Hardcore gamer" meme; Casuals, normalfags, and longtime gamers alike just went with the changes companies were doing without question because they think this is what the future of gaming was supposed to be. They have thrown standards out the window due to getting all excited from hype and seeing what companies advertise and show in official trailers and other vids, all the while going out of the way to hide all the bad things about the game or if someone does call them out, give some bullshit excuse (Witcher 3 comes to mind). It's even worse knowing people who don't even care that the game isn't the best it could be, because they either want to play it to "know how the story ends", all their friends are going to be playing it and don't want to be left out, or they're too high off the hype to realize how shit it really is. Hell I know someone who told me that the hype and excitement was half the fun of the game, regardless if said game was shit or not. The fun of video games comes from the game being ACTUALLY FUN!

The other factor is that most adults that grew up playing vidya all their lives constantly try to find some excuse or reason to do nothing but play/pursue gaming because they're saddened, annoyed, or even depressed about not being able to play as much as they used to, realizing they have to grow up and be (or in a lot of cases act like) an adult. The thought of being an adult allowing you to do whatever you want and play as much vidya as you want is within their minds, and when they realize that the world doesn't work that way, they either face the music, or do whatever it takes to deny their reality and live in blissful ignorance until the illusion is shattered.

Just gotta micromanage the small stuff in between

>>>Holla Forums6831954

thanks for hyperlinking, hopefully some cross posting will help get more upvotes and replies

you're a dirty little nigger

/thread

As of right now, I've got entire dozens of hours right now, but those hours are so hypersegmented by the number of interruptions caused by my other family members.

better thread than most Holla Forums threads tbh fam

Tell me about it. Can't even get a decent 2 hour gaming session due to all the interruptions.

Join the military. Your choice between FPS, Stalker, and Euro Truck Simulator for half the year; video games for the other half.

Will wonders never cease.

What's with all the mowing about working for wage and difficulty in vidya? I finished high school, took some skilled based courses for 2 years, hired as an aircraft technician and having it easy with good wages and breaks. Degrees and masters are a big mistake and I saw many friends loose their way because of no jobs.

Slight exaggeration, but this is how every weekend feels for me, a lot of the time. I still make time for vidya every once in a while, but I avoid shit like MMOs because it feels like a waste of money and I feel pressured to play to get my money's worth otherwise.

Still, being a wageslave fucking sucks, and even when I do get around to playing vidya, I've got a nagging feeling that I should be doing some chore or errand or spending time on a neglected hobby.. Or God forbid one of my few friends actually wants me to get out of the house.

Taking courses really is useful practically. However, you can learn more stuff in college, if you have the will of course, since there isn't any handholding you would find in courses and training. It's all about the will to learn.

Seriously trades all the way. Feels good not being in debt making loads of money and going to be able to retire at thirty. Plus it's nice to never have to worry about losing my job to Mexicans or panders.

Pajeets fucking autocorrect.

Shit thread.

You're a retarded shitter and this meme is stupid. There's actual vidya discussion left and right here. Don't blame the board that you avoid taking about vidya, and don't project your own insecurities on the rest of us.

You're supposed to give up on video games once you stop being parasitic waste of space. Video games are just a jewish too to distract white men from their true purpose in life.

If people worked part time, chances are they wouldn't have this problem. Now check 'em.

back when I raided in WOW, I found out that all of these people were lying.
The ones who had kids barely took care of the kids. The ones who were 'housewives' were just NEETs supported by their husbands. All of the ones who presented as 'normal people' were basket cases, only the nerds who didn't pretend to have other interests were what they seemed on the tin.

Probably a bait thread, the banner tells it.

But vidya energizes me. I don't play as much as when I was neet obviously as most of it was to fill the time and some voids in my life, but I play almost every day anyway, an hour or two. Never played an MMO, I think those are for faggots.

Brilliant.

I had jury duty basically 9-5 at the start of the year so I figured it was basically what it would feel like to come home after work every day. I just slipped straight into bed every day of it, truly fucking awful. I think I'd rather live the homeless life in my home town than the wageslave one. I have no idea how you can live like that.

Depends on the job. I used to have a cushy job where most of the day was spent listening to music, watching anime or reading manga/books and chatting the shit with co-workers non-stop. Then I got promoted into another section of the company and it's just so lifeless and dreary there, think Office Space without the comedy - but the work requires a lot of concentration so the hours fly by. Of course I started working first when I was 16 so it's about getting used to it.

I work from home, so any downtime I had at work is instantly converted into vidya/shitposting time. On a slow day, I have about an hour of real, actual work. Usually I do about four or five hours of work a day. The rest of the time I'm either reading, playing vidya, cuddling my cats or watching shows with my work computer open in case someone emails me. Feels comfy man.

I work in a call center, and don't have much going on outside going to the gym for a couple hours every day. So the rest of my time is on the PC watching anime and grinding.