Star Citizen

Ok, I always know I can come here for realistic and rather pessimistic view about things like this. So what is the general consensus here on Star Citizen? I'm considering buying it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. Obviously, we've been lied to and fucked over 1000 times before. So what do people think, Is the game going places? Are the devs trustworthy? Is it/ will it be worth the money?

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/download
boards.4chan.org/v/thread/369551645
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, I'll tell you why in a sec

Just how retarded are you, OP?

Yes

I think so, but of course it's a fully jewish jpg spam because Holla Forums hates everything.

My opinion, keep an eye on development and buy it if you like what you see.

Pic related: It's Holla Forums discussing Star citizen.

>I paid 400 for it and I just want the FPS module to come out at least

I mean I expected autism and hateful cynicism, that's why i come here. My friend is way to overly trusting and hype-y so I needed a contrast. This same motherfucker was hyped to all hell about No Man's Sky and wouldn't admit it was bad for like a month after release.

no, this is Holla Forums discussing Star Citizen

It's out?

no
it's not "out" as in finished
it's out as in early access

and to support what I said earlier
robertsspaceindustries.com/download
this is all that's out yet

dont say that please say that I want this shit to actually come out but I have no hope

Don't drink the Kool-Aid OP.

OH!
I almost forgot another one
they keep adding ships and the game isn't even out yet and this sill undoubtedly result in imbalance, lore trouble and possibly nerfing

keep in mind I've only listed shit that I can remember that is wrong with it

kek

Nah, I was right the first time.

ok bud

Great! Glad we agree.

Buy it. I even recomend you take out a loan and buy a few exclusive pre order ships, trust me it'll be worth it. Once the game is out and turns out to be a massive success you'll be able to resell them for a huge profit.

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL DENY ASUKA IS BEST GIRL

don't lie to OP like that

Trust me user, Star Citizen threads on Holla Forums are filled with shitposters and smugposters, not actual discussion. You're a fool for not realizing this sooner.

it's a designated shitposting thread

Has anyone got that screenshot of the guy who lost his family because he spent like 20k on the game?

Perhaps this is due to the fact that there is nothing to discuss at this point. "They are just selling JPGs of ships" is only funny for a while.

He's repeating the freelancer overpromising and delays, but this time it will be worse.

sadly not on me

don't compare it to freelancer, freelancer had a good mod and multiplayer community

I said it would be worse. He did delay it like crazy and the project got bought by a bigger company, namely microsoft. A similar thing could happen here. The delays are already there. Failed promises and inability to complete goals too.
All that is left is complete failure to deliver and getting bought by someone bigger.

OP you fucktard if you want any decent discussion on space games especially Shekel Citizen go to the Space general.
Otherwise you're gonna get a bunch of shit replies and a waste of a thread.

shit I should have realized

Doing gods work son.

yeah, you are a credit

Designated shitposting thread confirmed. Have fun lads.

thanks, vigilant user

I'd suggest checking out Elite Dangerous first since it's actually out, and your not paying for hopes and dreams.
As for Star Citizen. What until it's actually released. If it's good, get it.

Its a shit show

and to top it all off
there's literally still no game after almost 7 years.

Who would have guessed. Go back to 4cuck OP and suck a nigger dick.

This can't be true. Even cuck/v/ can't be this retarded.

back to cuckchan faggot

eat shit OP

it's shills
shills push this shit and their moderation is complicit
here however I don't know if our mods are complicit or jsut shit at their job

These idiots are too dumb to be shills. They are just bad at vol work.

I believe it

you already know what his opinion is worth. honestly i have a small amount of hope for SC, if only because I basically want to play mad max/firefly in space. if they actually let me and my friends (who aren't into sims but are into FPS) fly around in my multi-crew ship, salvaging derelicts and riding swoop bikes on planets i'll consider it a fair deal

user

this is what i get for not reading the thread. disregard my post i suck cocks etc

it's alright bud

that's the fag

Kind of hurting the validity of that chart there.

but that's wrong you retard, they're still using a modified CryEngine, it just got a different name.
the project was announced in late 2012, where do you get that number from?
Why does everyone in these threads keep making things up to shit on the game?

I backed it many moons ago, I regret it.
Wait for it to be released so you can see the final product as I suspect it will be both pay to win and dumbed down from what it was meant to be.

see

It's not 2017. Where's the game? They've repeatedly broken their own release promises and have nothing to show for it.

Considering that Chris Roberts didn't even have a company when the funding started and the engine needed to be heavily modified it really isn't that dramatic yet. MMOs usually take a lot of time and they're making a single-player game as well. There are also regular videos showcasing development progress, it's not like there's nothing happening at all. Holla Forums is always shitting on major publishers for releasing unfinished games but now that a studio takes their time that's also bad?

You're mentally ill, seek help.

lol yeh but it won't take much to draw away potential SC customers even if ME:A is pleb average

They switching to Amazon Lumberyard, a heavily altered cry engine branch. You think their heavily altered previous cryengine is going to just slot right into a this one? You are beyond retarded,

Started in 2011 fuckface, a fact straight from the godfather of jpegs himself.

I was even nice and said "almost"

holy crap go on meds

It's still Cry Engine though.

Of course not, but it's not nearly as much work as "engine switch" would imply.

He made the first demo in 2011 but no assets from that carry over into the actual game.

how is that wrong though?

this was a shitter thread
see

I know. Every Star Citizen thread is a designated shitposting thread though and I'm getting tired of it.

And Call of Duty still uses the Quake 3 engine. You obviously are too stupid to understand what "heavily altered" means.

[citation needed]

Okay, so user was right and you're full of shit. 7 years and no game to show for it. He hasn't yet implemented all the features of the game even.

Go take your pills or whatever the fuck you cultists use to keep functioning.

boards.4chan.org/v/thread/369551645

Common sense. Modifying an engine is less work than switching to an entirely new one.

So me telling you that he didn't work on the game in 2011 now means he worked on the game in 2011?

You just keep spouting the same buzzwords over and over. Did Chris Roberts rape your daughter or why are you so angry about his game?

You forgot to put "relatively" in there. Sure, it's not as much work as starting from scratch, but a project that decides to make such a fundamental change mid development is clearly not being properly managed.

But you clearly said he was working on the game:

Just because he didn't reuse those assets doesn't mean development of the game wasn't started in 2011. Not even you deny this fact when replying to user, you merely pretend that making a demo and then throwing away the assets doesn't count in your book.

user, no one is angry about the game, people are merely stating facts, it's you that is getting buttfulstered. How much money did you give to gift to Roberts? Be honest now.

How do you know it's mismanagement? Their reasoning for including the new technology was that it's mainly networking features which is what they're working on at the moment anyways, it actually seems like a reasonable decision.

The demo didn't have any functional mechanics either. Have you ever looked at that thing? It has nothing they could have used for the real game, so yes it's not a fair claim to say it's been developed continually since 2011 when in fact the development only really got started in 2013/2014 since they also had to hire hundreds of employees and set up several studios.

You're not, though. While there is plenty of stuff to complain about you constantly twist the facts to make them seem much worse than they actually are and you keep posting these pictures of the same handful of $20k supporters as if their decisions to spend money on this had anything to do with the game itself.

Just give up man, everyone is laughing at you.

So you admit that you're unable to refute any of what I wrote?

nah you've just reached retard tier and you dragging everyone else down with you

of course you ignored the fact that this is com plex process that wastes money and a massive flag for a game project in trouble.

dude you went from 2012 to 2013/2014
next you'll be really started current_year-1
seriously you are one dumbfuck shill

yep, get a refund, increase your IQ.

How is it a waste of money when it adds necessary features to the game? Did you even read my post?

I didn't. I said it was announced in late 2012, not that the development started at at that time.

not_an_argument.png