Solitaire

Did this bring gaming to the masses anons?

i don't know, but i know for a fact that it brought computers to the masses

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SOLITAIRE

Freecell is the best solitaire variant

Fight me

but op, games existed a long time ago

How far away?

Y'all fucked up now

I would hesitate to call this a "game", same with Minesweeper and all those other Windows widgets. They're intended as timewasters, not experiences that are enjoyed.

Hardwood Solitaire Ii made me enjoy the game more than I can admit. The music and graphics were comfy, and I liked the different portraits they gave to the King, Queen and Jack.

All games are timewasters

I've been playing Freecell for months now, ever since I've discovered it during internet downtime.
I am at 90% winrate now, I'm aiming for the 99%

It's shit.

Best flash solitaire?

The games that come included with Windows are at the very bottom of the gaming hierarchy.

Only the lowest of casuals play that shit.

Imagine some elderly retired couple in their trailer park home taking turns playing this game on their old beige shitbox PC.

They have no concept of what real gaming is like and no curiosity to look beyond the games folder in the start menu.

What a fucking pitiful existence.

If you play Solitaire, even ironically, you're even more unworthy of life than those who play Peggle and Candy Crush.

A non-insignificant distance.

Minesweeper is objectively better than Solitaire.

It's really odd. Chess didn't pick up but a repetitive game about making columns of cards did.

Freecell is by far the best.

You plebeians need to get on my fucking level

My dad is like that, he retired couple of years ago and every day(i think, i dont live with my parents anymore) he plays several games of Spider Solitaire when he's not lying on the couch watching TalmudVision.

I've tried to get him interested in some simpler strategy games and such like Civ, Simcities or Tycoon-games but no such luck, he'd rather laze every day in boredom doing fucking nothing even remotely productive or stimulating until the day he finally kicks the bucket.

Wasn't it designed to teach users how to double click, click and drag, etc? You know, fresh new concepts for a fresh new UI.

Try and get him to play Yoda Stories.
It's a simple mouse driven tile-based game but has enough cachet (patrician factor) to pull your father out of the leibensunwertig caste of gamers.

Most games fall under this definition.

The Indiana Jones game that was similar was also good.

Only if you count trash.

What did Steve Gates mean by this?

Including trash and non trash

Not far back enough. We need to find which ancient human tribe found "fun", where they picked up rocks and sticks and just played around. Then we track the tribe that copies them and find that normalsfags started there, where they could only copy the fun of others. Of course it is in our best interests to kill that tribe. If we erase ourselves from the universe it meant we were the normalfags all along

I don't know, but if you want to go to the heart of the matter, it sure brought gaming to the mace!

What I wanna know is where's the caveman?

That's a dogshit pun user kill yourself.

But Shag, you are the caveman.