DRM and Denuvo

This thread is for the discussion of DRM, and more specifically denuvo. Pretty fucking sick of threads being derailed by this shit so here's a fucking designated thread. Things to talk about
Go nuts you losers.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/talesofberseriamodding/discussions/2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does DRM affect performance on consoles?

effect*

No one worth talking to will come to this thread if you use a 4AM picture.

Yes, constantly read/writing will kill and SSD and is still shit on a HDD or a Hybrid Drive. Also has more bloated file sizes, which is a pain.
Yes, per the above. Also, having something like Steam open in the background for the Steam DRM uses up memory and CPU, which will slow you down f you barely hit min specs.
Denuvo? It constantly checks to make sure files are unaltered. Means you can't remove Denuvo, can't remove Steam DRM and can't modify the game at all. Not even mods are possible, for the most part.
CPY are the only guys cracking Denuvo at the moment. They just released 3 games in 1 day on the 28th of Feb, however, 2 of them have been out for ages and 1 was a new release not many knew came out.
They are clearly capable, they just can't crack things lightning fast due to the fact there's so few proper crackers, not just Steam DRM removers.
Other release groups are shit as they give up and are being bribed by the gubment/Denuvo.
If the game has Denuvo and I already have the console, I'd just buy it on the console. I'm not going to be able to mod it for the foreseeable future, and there's a good chance it's a console port for the PC anyways.

You were right the first time

But doesn't MGSV have denuvo? Because I myself have modded it so if it does then I know for a fact that that is wrong.

consoles are by themselves a form of DRM and they underperform compared to PC so yes

It depends how extensively Denuvo has been applied. Sometimes games allow for full modification, others allow texture swaps, others allow full, or near enough, modding.
The newer strains of Denuvo are really anal and allow nothing if I recall.

I meant to say full, texture swaps and nothing, not repeat full modification again.

Hes a Sonygger consolefag spewing outdated info who owns a Saturn and hates the platform.
He likes to shit up threads like the Nier one from time to time.

Fuck I hate my language.

Is anyone working on Sniper Elite 4 or does nobody care
Kinda wanna play it but not sure I wanna waste $60 that I don't really have on it

What would SE4 have that the others don't?

I assume the ridiculous size of games today is because of DRM/Denuvo.
I just decided to pirate DOOM the other day, the fucking game is like 60+GB.

The file size is more of a deterrent than anything else.

It looks like it has a more open ended mission sort of deal than what I've seen with the others. What I remember playing of 2 was basically just a hallway with some doorways

steamcommunity.com/groups/talesofberseriamodding/discussions/2/

Its a reskin of 3
Don't do it, aside from 1 which is the best 2 is the superior due to the price range and pacing with lack of padding.
The Open World trend is obvious with 3 and 4.

Filesize has nothing to do with Denuvo despite it being a shitty DRM from a group of kikes.

They usually just use uncompressed audio and textures now, which causes the file size to explode

If CPY isn't working on it then no one is at the moment.

How is a game on a disc any different from a game on a hard drive? It's all digital. A game disc in a plastic sleeve is no less digital than a game on a hard drive. If the argument over "physical" over digital is that if you buy physical you can actually touch the game and feel that you own it. How is that any different from my hard drive being a physical object that I can touch and is something that I actually own?

I didn't realize 3 has the same. Might just go for that, then. Thanks

The physical > digital argument makes less and less sense now versus a few years ago. Good luck buying anything where the game is actually on the disc, and it doesn't just give you an installer for Steam or a link to the PSN download

An easy way to remember is: affect = to influence || effect = the result of said influence.

Here's an on-topic example: Does always-online DRM negatively affect the player's experience in a singleplayer game? Yes, the effect being the player losing progress and being unable to play the game they lawfully purchased if they lose internet connectivity.

Well, if you purchased the game you'd still have to download those 60+GBs, and well-seeded torrents are typically faster than Steam, so I wouldn't call it much of a deterrent.

This myth was already debunked.

This part is true.

You're contradicting yourself.
First you say it performs writes
Then you say all it does is check that files are modified.
You're kind of retarded.

Hes the Saturn Sonygger, of course hes retarded.

Tell me more.

Lol OP is fucking retarded if he thinks this is going to make people stop talking about Denuvo in other threads.

I man can dream, but their retardation knows no bounds.

Denuvo doesn't prevent all modding, it prevents you from changing the .exe. Many mods don't require any changes to the .exe, but in extensively modded games like TES script extenders that modify it are required for many mods.

There is nothing wrong with discussing Denuvo in threads for games that use it. Anyone who says otherwise is a shill.

This faggot is an obvious Sonygger pretending to be an idort who shits up threads with console wars and defends kike practises and even lies if he needs to make an argument.
He has bought and defended the PS4Pro and apparently his favorite console is the Saturn which he uses has an argument that he isn't a Sonygger.

Stop pushing this meme, it is a lie and when you repeat it Denuvo shills will only address it rather than actual complaints

What isn't a lie is the fact that Denuvo games can only be played on Windows, and before someone says
Those all had their Denuvo removed for their native linux ports.

It also prevents .exe modding or .dll hooking and if the authentication servers ever go down the game will be unplayable (like those old SecuROM games).

Don't buy games with DRM and DRM will die.
who am I kidding, Holla Forums is full of faggots with no spine

Remember the guys that defended DLC and microtransactions and would say that those would never influence the industry or become the norm?
Now we have faggots on this board who bought For Honor.

there are some actual fucking complaints about denuvo you can make but it always gets drowned out by false shit like "muh ssd" and "muh always online" or that shitty list where the guy took his heavily padded/grasping for straws reasons to hate steam and and word swapped steam with denuvo

Heres a complaint:
Its fucking DRM