I paid 57 bucks for this...

I paid 57 bucks for this, I'll need to get a gamecube controller (and I'm not sure why they put a PS3 controller in the picture) but did I get a good deal?

Now that one's on the way, where should I start with collecting for both? I wanna just snag a few cheap games to start with before slowing down and just getting a couple more expensive ones every month or so.

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/completesg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what is the dualshock3 doin there?

Man the Wii controllers really look like sex toys.

Most games are cheap on the Wii. Except for xenoblades, last story and fire emblem, you should be getting most games from $0-20.

Gamecube games however are a whole different beast, with games, good games being about 30+.

There are some cheap games but the classics will set you back.

Another thing to do is to get a component cable or s video if you are playing this on a HD TV. It will make the picture less blurry and more enjoyable

You overpaid.

Fire emblem path of radiance, paper Mario, skies of Arcadia, twilight princess (gc) for example are all expensive

This. I got my wii from a thrift store for about $20, but I guess there's nothing you can do about it now.

14 bucks of it is shipping, technically…

Yeah that isn't a complete waste of resources or anything.
sites.google.com/site/completesg/

That was a great deal, user. For the time being I'd recommend a Gamecube controller and memory card (people tend to forget the latter) and maybe a classic controller. As for your lists:

Gamecube:

Wii:

Also, if you intend to get the games physically, I'd say you're probably better off getting the Metroid Prime games individually. Trilogy can go for quite some money these days.

Or just mod the Wii and use virtual memory cards.

Overpaid. I mean the PS3 controller is a nice addition since those aren't particularly cheap but you can get Wiis for about $10-20. If you mod the Wii you can use the PS3 controller with Nintendon't. Also, mod your Wii and buy a USB harddrive.

beat me to it, that's exactly what i was going to say

8chon ate my image

holy shit taste batman

kill weebs

We already have a wii games thread user

I still got Xenoblade for like 40 bucks. Not too shabby for such a small run.

you can get soft mods done and have all those games so sure, good deal

Already a Wii games thread up . As for picking up games, for the Wii, there's only a handful that are all that pricy (Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook, Fire Emblem: RD, and Fragile Dreams come to mind), but with the Gamecube, as stated last time you made a thread like this (assuming those wanted lists are your own), the library has seen big price hikes since Gamestop stopped stocking for it, to the point it might be considered a second SNES in terms of pricing/demand to collect for. Even well selling, common games like Windwaker, Super Mario Sunshine, Pokemon Colosseum, and Super Smash Bros. Melee can all be $40+ if they've got well known Nintendo characters in it or are from a well known Nintendo franchise (admittedly a few like both Metroid Primes and Viewtiful Joes are still fairly cheap for whatever reason), and then there's the actually rare stuff which can both be harder to find and more expensive as well. Of the sixth gen systems, it's probably the one that's been hit the worst with scalpers, compared to the PS2, Xbox, and GBA (admittedly I'm not all that sure of how Dreamcast library prices are these days), and unless you aim to only pick up stuff when you find it cheaply (which will be a long haul to build a library of; been working on pickups for the last five years or so and only have about 29 games for it, but most of which I didn't have to pay much on), you're going to be spending a lot even on best selling titles. Even various third party titles that were multiplat can be upwards of twice as much in price simply because the version being sold is on the Gamecube.

Also, should your Wii be a moddable one, you should set it up to play Gamecube and Wii games via loaders anyhow. Good way to get around the scalping issue the Gamecube library sees, as well as play out-of-region games from both.

If gone homo isn't a game neither is that shit. "Hold forward on the analog stick and look at the pretty environments"

if you got a ps3 controller with it, cool. You can use it with nintendont and other emulators I believe.

stay where you belong.

A red Wii is most likely a Mario 25th anniversary Wii, it might even have the Donkey Kong: Original Edition pre-installed on it.

Congrats, looks like a good deal and rare (colour) hardware.

This,also as for loader i would recommend using 2 loaders(USBloader gx and CFGUSBloader)

Looks like a scam