Devs breaking the law or ripping off people

Why are Devs nowadays act like spoiled children? No wonder why Activision done massive layoffs at infitywards. Devs admitted to misusing Activision founds to go partying to a television crew and thought they could get away without the. Isn't this illegal?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbdg.com/project/ion-storm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they usually get away with it

>CALIFORNIA
Because they are spoiled children.

In fairness, a personal zipline and paintball match sounds cool.

As for laughing at the fans for returning to its roots, when did this happen?

Actually, these eccentricies are nothing new in the games industry, they've been happening at least since the 90s with John Romero and Ion Storm.
Game devs have always been arrogant since the mid 90s, when they stopped being devs and started being stars.
Only until around 2010 they at least pretended to care and listen to consumers, nowadays they don't even pretend anymore.

Who would have thought that the people who created COD faggots act exactly like fucking COD faggots.

How wide spread are Devs abusing publishers money?

Look at Gearbox and the entire Aliens debacle.

But the industry at least called out john Romero

Because their consumers enable that by buying their products, and their consumers rightfully deserve to be fucked over for doing so. Want change? It all starts with you. Don't consume.

Oh look, OP was a faggot yet again. How surprising.

Yes, this company will rethink their actions if I personally do not give them their $60. Brilliant idea, dude.

Kojima himself

Because Romero was open and dickish about it.

Not publishers money, but the cunts at bohemia used the company money to buy a soviet tank when both of their fucking games have been trash for years, getting little to no improvements in terms of performance up until recently and shoving in some shit-tier DLC yo make for the lack of content of the original realease.
I don't give a fuck about what they do with the share of money each individual get as salary from selling their game, but company funds should go toward shit that can help deliver a better game (facilities, new staff, middleware, etc)

Because to work in videogames you have to be at least a little bit childish. Add on success and a disconnection from the real world and whammo-blammo you have a spoilt brat

Kill yourself immediately. You should obviously be fired from your job.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Aaand of course anons aren't paying attention.

That looks like something you'd see in a kindergarten.

I am fairly mad right now.

Look up adults pre-schools

Are you surprised, Satan?

Looks fucking retarded.

None of that's illegal, just pitiful

They aren't breaking the law or ripping anyone off. You've never worked a day in your life have you?

No such thing :^).

Not as bad as kekstarter money.

Nobody said they couldn't save for an office pool table asshole. Using the parent company's money for dicking around instead of doing your job is just childish and stupid.

Read the thread before embarrassing yourself next time.

Anyone got that picture of the $20,000 coffee machine they spent backer money on?

Calm down, I didn't skip over your fucking post. If he's going off the notion that they're wasting company money for fun, i'm going to go off the same notion to prove he's an idiot.

Looks kinda modest, what am I supposed to be looking at?

How new are you?

I know about no mans sky but I thought user was talking about something in that pic in particular. Not just the game.

I'd say the difference is now that journos are way, way too chummy with devs and publishers.

Sorry fam, you're right.

You see my confusion.

Oh yeah, some of the fancy architecture of Ion Storm's office: rbdg.com/project/ion-storm/

The reason IW was laid off was because all the competent devs from IW left for Respawn and Titanfall. Everyone left at Activision were the incompetent ones they hired to attempt to salvage the MW series after 2.

Well, they definitely ripped people off, but I assume the picture was to show that their break room looks like a pre-school.

Meanwhile at GSC Game World when they were developing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I forget, were they the devs who had the fucking mob on their asses?

never confirmed, just the fact they are in ukraine makes people think that. That said some of the people at GSC seem to be rolling in the dough.

Screw those faggots who suck kojima's cock. He bloated the budget and development time for MGSV without even finishing the game, all for himself.

For what purpose?

That shit better brew a drink fit for the Greek Gods for that amount.

I distinctly remember an article where an Ukrainian dev himself said they had problems with the mob, but I can't for the life of life remember which one.

And letting the employees play at work is an insidious trick to get them to stay at work for as long as possible. Because why go home and spend time with my family we have a pool table and a zip line at work. Never mind that you are basically working a 14 hour day and just don't notice because your boss lets you take a 10 minute break to play games now and again.

They can't be a Slav dev without it. like how Wargaming became a money laundering service

Such is the way of the Zone user

Why do white hipsters constantly fixate on the childish, yet will quickly bitch about things not "growing up".

Funny enough Chris Roberts is doing literally everything that John Romero was criticized for in terms of handling money, burning funds on useless shit.
Except in these circumstances it's even worse since they aren't spending their own money, they are spending the money of people who have essentially donated to them.

Yeah, Ion Storm used to have big jackoff rockstar parties right up until they went under.

They partied like it was the 80's.

Looks like he learned the secret magic trick of American capitalism.

More like he learned how to hunt whales better than a Nip looking for lunch.

Honestly the think that rubs me the wrong way the most is the 'Tea and Noms' on the wall.

Feel like if I wince any harder I'll turn inside out

Why are people so autistic?

I love how quickly he brings it up, just shows he has something to hide.

To be honest companies still fuck their dev teams every chance they get, this is just a little of fucking back.

DOesn`t matter in the end, game comes out shit either way,

I doubt you'll find much agreement with Rise of the Triad's devs, or hell, most small game design teams from back in the day. They still put out games but they're also not bound to corporate soullessness.

what? what? does he only ever challenge himself when he's working? man, i challenge myself with almost everything i do.

That entire office was completely torn apart and abandoned before the reviews even got it. And all the crew moved to some new location tha no one knows.

Cont.

So they basically knew they were pulling a fast merchant from the beggining and misleading the retarded normalfag redditors that bought the game before it was even finished and then packed up shop and moved before release was even there.

This was the only pic I could download of it wthout going to (((polygon)))

Honestly, Ray Kassar had the right idea in retrospect. AAA and AA development is glorified towel design and egotistical little shits who work there shouldn't receive credit for their work since it's all cookie cutter shit. Especially these days with pixelshit and Unityshit, what craft? It's all product. People who produce something of long-lasting value deserved to get recognized for their work. Even in the electronics field you only hear about a handful of essential pioneers, gaming should have been no different.

For the record prostitution isn't illegal in Australia like it is in America so we don't have obese streetwalkers addicted to crack. It's usually expensive, not like the America two for $5 blowjob special offered outside every crackden.

Journalists and game devs whom is replacing the old blood are essentially a giant circle jerk to the point that those whom don't conform to them are locked out of the industry entirely. vThis corruption is because they're all a bunch of hacks who couldn't make it in any real industry so they simply conspired to make sure nobody with any good talent would actually be able to rise without their approval. EA pioneering their own practices as standard aside, since this is primarily "why devs are spoiled children".

One interesting note about John Romero was that he took a lot of advice from his woman at the time of developing his game that sunk his career.

What are you talking about? They sound bro-tier as fuck. I would love to work there.

Having shit like that is actually fairly standard for larger dev companies, believe it or not. Back when I was in college, multiple game companies came to try to recruit people, and some touted play-related shit as a selling point to work for them. It's spread to some tech companies as well. Hell, a few companies even use "fun" descriptions for their job positions.

That said, the legality of using company funds for this kind of thing ultimately lies upon whatever agreements have developed between the publisher and developer, I'd imagine.

There's your answer.

I can't wait for the next bubble to burst.
Of course, when it does burst, that means everything will fall apart seeing as how we've reached bubble on top of bubble status. But for the poor, medicore and absolutely normal, it will just be another Monday.

Did you mean to say 5 figures? 7 figures is MILLIONS. 5 figures is tens of thousands. Your typical Californian does NOT make a million a year. 99% of Californians don't make hundreds of thousands.

You need 6 figures to live in california decently. And that isn't because the place is desirable in term of location but because the liberals fucked over the state with shitty government officials.

sort of, I stumbled into a brothel with a friend after a night out and I only had a 50 on me and the minimum was $100. It was probably a blessing I didn't have any more money on me.

College is expensive and video games do not pay enough!

I'm a crossbred spic, do you think Alison would jerk me off? I'm gonna shamelessly ask, I think I'd rather fuck her ex more, but he's not actually INTO men.

I feel so bad for him.

AAA dev user here. Came in to point out that op has no source and most of the stuff in the thread is horseshit. Here's how money works in dev these days if you're an independent studio but have your game published by someone else:

Shit like what Gearbox did with AC:M is in the extreme minority; it's like the whole uDraw scandal.

The closest thing you see to abuses of funds in the games industry are press junkets and all of that shit where we wipe the asses of those cunts to give us favorable reviews. But they're being phased out. Now, we're paying off Twitch personalities because they have a wider reach and are more 'organic'

Why have you not killed yourself yet? You destroy America by existing….

Ubisoft, right?

No. They're doomed anyway with Vivendi coming damn close to that hostile takeover anyway. Besides, I'm not French; and if you aren't French, you can never really advance in Ubi. And their games suck shit.

Kill yourself, tia.

Here's your (you), you banal little cunt.

What other reaction did you expect, you talentless hack?

user, you are the retarded one here.

Cropped ID photo or gtfo

Silver spoon millennials, user. They think all authority figures are either their mommies who "owe" them anything they want, or their divorced fathers who they've been poisoned against by their vindictive lazy single mothers.

Also this.

Explain me the difference between an alpha who isn't afraid to demand and have fun and an entitled beta.

Sign of a man who has never worked a day in his life.

I get a sense of accomplishment when I climb a ladder to replace burnt-out fluorescent lights with fresh ones. I feel like a tight-rope walker sometimes.