DEAD GAME eternal crusade

Eternal crusade is now officially free to play. Even the free to play is in beta and key based.
And there are still people who expect the skins for terminators shown 4 months ago to become actual playable things.

How can a developer suck this much dick and still have a community that likes his buggy, placeholder game ?
Are the goyim this fucking dumb ? Is this why brand recognition is such a big deal ? Or is everything big enough destined to keep some community of clams stuck to it's back ?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War_Mods
1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats Eternal Crusade again?

The one decent thing coming out of this game is seeing Wiawyr getting half the fuckers in the forums mad as hell. No. #1 shitposter of the decade.

I think it was the MMO that never got off the ground.

A game sold at 50$ that uses images with "placeholder" written in yellowish letters to show you that you have weapons in your inventory.

Technically there were several before him, but they all got banned.

BILLION V BILLION PLANETSIDE:40K EDITION Space Hulk pvp multiplayer

How do I beat Space Marines as Imperial Guard in Dark Crusade? My Guardsmen immediately get their shit pushed in early on.

Look at this shit. This is more than 5 months after game release. The whole fucking game is filled with bugs like these. And the goyim are still playing it.

I assume you mean Space Marine i.e. the third person shooter, not the first person L4D-like.

Whatever happened to that new Space hulk game? People were hyping it like mad on this board and I thought it was supposed to come out late last year but I don't remember many threads about it.

Didn't the execs at the company developing this game fuck with the dev cycle and release it too early?

Why go out of your way to remove everything people wanted? Do they not understand that if they had stuck to the original concept they would have pulled in autists for all they were worth and had a market for half a decade, even if the game was just as trash?

Their idea was too ambitious and they were a new studio. It was bound for failure really. Not that I didn't want it but I know they weren't going to deliver.

It failed. 47% on steam. Buggy as shit, badly optimized, tons of issues, repetitive. But still better than this garbage. It did seem like it would be pretty fun and it's worth 1 playthrough of the singleplayer, but that's it. They put claws and similar melee weapons but people say they are boring as fuck, no combos, no nothing, just 1 type of attack with em.

The devs were morons. They paid another group of guys for that pico tech shit, that was supposed to allow 1000 player battles. But that pico tech thing was buggy as fuck and never worked properly.
They lost cash and time on it. Then they realized it was a lost cause and made a lobby shooter while still promising open world and shit like that for a later date. Then they released territory control which was worse than the territory control in a browser based strategy game.
And now most are bailing the project.
They suck as developers, animators, network guys, and pretty much everything but making twitch streams.
They outsourced all 3d modeling, so all updates on models take forever. Networking was outsourced. Tons of stuff was done outside the company. And poorly.
They even got a 5 million dollar fond investment so they could finish their thing. They had the talent to get people to pay them money, but nothing more. No dev talent at all.

I haven't played vanilla DoW in a long time but try and outfit them with grenade launchers to knock them around a bit. Guardsmen are supposed to be the Zerg-rush faction so really just swarm the SM with everything you've got. Though I think you're just better off installing mods like Ultimate Apocalypse (adds a shit-ton of new units but a few animations are a bit wonky and the new voice acting is pretty bad too) as well as Firestorm Over Kaurava (re-balances a bunch of things and adds new content).
1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War_Mods
1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_War

Just to clarify, because I missed it. Bandai namco did push the release date.
But the release date had already been delayed several times and it never looked good. The game is now 5 months and more after release, with cash from buyers, still lacks tons of features and sees the slowest of updates.

This shit was never suppost to work out Miguel carron is a scam artist and it was always about the preorder micro transaction money don't delude yourself.

IF YOU LISTENED TO MARSHAL VEN THIS WOULDN'T OF HAPPENED

I'll check those out, thanks.

Imagine the faces on the morons that paid 450$+ when this shit stops getting updates. Those same people who paid for bikes and models that will never make it into the game.

Wow, I had assumed they were a studio that had a couple games under their belt because they said they wanted to make an MMO. Who the fuck tries to make something that god damn huge on their first run?

Their gameplay ideas and stuff were pretty neat though. Maybe we can get an APB Reloaded type situation, except not have a shitty studio buy the game.

Nevermind, I guess this was a huge money sink that was never meant to be. Remember kids, this is what happen when you try and make video games without knowing how to make video games.

give everyone a grenade launcher, and upgrade their health/armor and moral at the tactica control building

you can also attach a commissar or priest to the squad which improves the moral, health regen, or damage of the squad depending on which one you use

dont forget armor support. in the beginning you're only gonna get chimeras, but later on you'll be able to shit all over everything with leman russes and basilisks

Autocannon heavy weapon teams, choke-points with garrisoned buildings, kasrkin with immortality priests and plasma guns and vehicles, obviously.

FoK you buddy. Wasting perfectly fine imperial servants on you stalinist fantasies and shit.

GLs suck against muhrines/heavy infantry armor to such extent that you're far better off using rocket teams and earthshakers for disruption.

that explains a lot.

Didn't they say they were going to put in the Imperial Guard at one point and have them be another F2P faction along with the real shitty Orks along with having the Tyranids actually do shit? I was only interested in the game for the possibility of running an IG character and doing my damnedest to hold the line tbh.

>not optimized inb4 but muh alpha/beta

Well, it's not as bad as 15000 dorra .jpg packs.

That would have been so perfect I wouldn't even mind. The faction with barely any organization and the most innacurate guns who are there just for shits and giggles outnumbering the humans - it would have worked wonders with the lore.

It's a Streumon game. It's a buggy, unoptimized clusterfuck. The core group of autistic frogs will keep plugging away at it, making it better, and 5 years from now when it's been utterly forgotten, some random user will fire it up and discover that it's absolutely fucking amazing. He'll make a thread, other anons will buy it for $2.50 on sale, and it'll take off as a cult classic.

Exactly, but the game only has small 20v20 queued maps instead of the PS2 "promised" gameplay of billion vs billion in an ever changing world.

By the Throne, just grant it the Emperor's Mercy

You know how EYE is basically a "KILL FUCKING EVERYTHING" simulator with a bunch of grind attached but the grind is ok because you do it by KILLING FUCKING EVERYTHING and unlocking cool new shit?

Well take that gameplay model, remove the grind, cut down on the amount of cool shit, and you have SHDW. It's still about killing everything, but the absence of a hefty grindy progression system and the linearity of the maps (and the need to stay in a team, and the fucking slowness of the players) and you basically just have a fun, gorgeous campaign to play once, and that's it.

It just doesn't have EYE's replay nor EYE's fucking-around value.

I don't know if this is from publisher meddling, Cyanide (who they worked with) having different opinions about game design, or just Streum On misunderstanding what made EYE so fucking good to begin with.

Either way I hope it does well enough to finance the EYE prequel and I hope the EYE prequel is more like EYE than like SHDW.

SHDW isn't badly made, it is by and large AAA quality, it just lacks the EYE environment for running around murdering stuff to unlock cool new upgrades and fucking around with a bunch of other people sprinting through maps being a badass and not having to coordinate or any shit like that.

I've been playing the free version since the keys went out, it's not quite as bad as I was expecting but it's just sad at this point. Most of the problems are just basic shit a competent dev would have fixed by now. Namely the netcode and optimization, which are keeping it from having more than 20v20 PLAYERS IN A MATCH JESUS CHRIST HOW IS THIS ALLOWED IN 2017. I wish they would just fire all the canadian chucklefucks working on it now and hand it to a dev that knows what the fuck they're doing. That being said I have been having fun playing as an ork and shit-talking all the spergy space marine and eldar players. I bet Holla Forums could have some fun with it à la Planetside 2 once it goes fully free to play.

When did they say that?
The most i remenber hearing was the idea of using cultists, guardsmen and gretchins as NPC garrison units, wich would have worked out ok, seeing how a single guardsman has no chance against a marine, or an ork at close range.

Well m8, terminators are meant to be slow, they are tactical dreadnoughts after all.
Things would have worked out better if they had made a class based shooter aobut the inquisitorial assasins or a tacticool game about the IG stormtroopers.

Already been playing with some guys off here, makes it much more tolerable but it's still shit. Honestly we really do need new devs, after we've reported problems to the devs mid game, which they've acknowledged, but didn't fix in the next week on patch day,

People have been reporting problems for 2 years now. These devs have noone sorting problems. They just create new ones.

their original idea was the have the orks be the f2p faction, and the space marines/chaos/eldar be the paid factions. the idea being there would likely be exponentially more free players, so they'd be weaker but way more numerous. i thought that was a banging idea; imagine being a part of a screaming, slavering green tide as you scale the ramparts and overwhelm some space marine whales with axes and dakka, or imagine tearing ass through that green tide with a heavy bolter or something

then they completely did a 180 on that and made every race relatively balanced and no free option until like just the other day. there is a part of me that still holds hope we might get the glorious ork removal game they initially suggested but really, it's 40k, i expect the worst