Emulation Thread

Maximum Performance Edition

In the last thread we discussed image quality and the positive (or negative) effects shaders can have, and how to find the shader that works best for you (specifically with Retroarch) and what you're currently playing. One interesting subject that was brought up briefly was enhancing performance beyond the capabilities of the original hardware. Of course we can make games look better, but can we make them run better? Fuck yes we can.

The big star here is the Mednafen PSX fork (known as Beetle PSX) for Retroarch. With the 'CPU Overclock' option enabled, it "Gets rid of memory access latency and makes all GTE instructions have 1 cycle latency". What does that mean in practice? By shedding this limitation of the original hardware, the only only "accuracy" lost is the slowdown itself, so the internal framerate will now have no issue staying capped.

Highly Niche Bonus: GoldenEye and Perfect Dark with perfect mouse and keyboard controls at 60fps shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=64408&sid=50ba62ace4ac2f8412961dc690a6c4aa

Previous Thread: archive.fo/7ltwt

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/Fseg9
strawpoll.com/5w89zx2
virustotal.com/en/file/6e046e5059ad3f67b5ae19df6ea22a51a9329d2fb58a9ae265785577354f3d63/analysis/1488782427/
romhacking.net/hacks/3346/
pcsx4.com
shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7045
macintoshrepository.org/3486-the-riddle-of-the-maze
macintoshrepository.org/4044-minotaur-the-labyrinths-of-crete
emaculation.com/doku.php
buildbot.libretro.com/docs/compilation/ubuntu/
mame.pw/gameinfo.php?game=dstlk
progettoemma.net/gioco.php?&game=dstlk&lang=en
my.mixtape.moe/pajjpz.key
my.mixtape.moe/qpiuhc.key
my.mixtape.moe/ixfkax.key
my.mixtape.moe/mfmnnz.key
my.mixtape.moe/hvdrga.key
my.mixtape.moe/sqjynf.key
my.mixtape.moe/ilaerv.key
fightinggamesonline.info/pcsx2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much longer till Banjo Tooie gets proper CIC-6105 chip emulation? That's the reason why it keeps randomly freezing to this day.

Oh yay a new thread.
Hopefully it's by a different OP. The last one was a raging faggot.

Reminder that there will be dozens of (1) and done shitposting spergs. Filter them and move on, do not give them any (You)s. If they repeatedly attempt to derail the thread, report for rule 8.

We may eventually see that with Cen64 in a few years.

God, I hope nobody actually emulates croc.

wait si that dick doodo??

Why?

Hasn't aged well at all.

Reminder not to buy into the Ryzen meme
It sucks shit for emulation

I just played DOOM64 using EX and it gives the option to interpolate between frames to make the framerate much smoother. It's not as good as true 60fps but it was still much better than dealing with the jittery locked 30. Are there any emulators out there that also allow for this? I think it would be a godsend for games like OoT that only run at like 20 fps.

Dolphin and PCSX2 have AR codes which unlock the framerate.
You could just play Doom64 on GZdoom

Does anyone have those 2 pictures posted last thread on how to map dualshock buttons for 6-button pads and the N64 controller?

Where did all these crybabies come from? "Waaaaaahhhhh the game doesn't tell me when to press ecks to awesome and I can't control the camera! Tank controls are archaic!" If you made a small effort to get used to the game past 10 minutes, you could play just fine.

Don't quote me on this, but I think 1964 can do it.

I think you just said that mate. I just said it didn't age well.

You already know whats wrong with the game. And you're in denial about it.

archive.fo/Fseg9

Here you go. Those are the two layouts that I personally found to work the best. For the N64, if using a game that uses the C-buttons for movement instead of items/actions, instead try binding them to your right thumbstick.

There used to be a website where you could download GE and PD at 60fps, is this just the exact same download now that the site is gone?

It's a fork of that where the guy is actively working on it and improving it.

Speaking of him strawpoll.com/5w89zx2

Interesting. I'll give it a shot since for whatever reason the previous version is acting jittery as fuck despite being fine last time I played it.

Where the Amiga fags at? I want to use AmigaOS4 on FS-UAE but can't find an ISO for the life of me. I just want to play the updated l'Abbaye des Morts! Also, does anyone have the ZX Spectrum version of the game around? All the download links I found are ded.

I'm obviously exaggerating, but my point is: The game is fine, not great, but it's fine. You just have to give yourself time to get used to it and have fun.

Thank you very much.

what the fuck is wrong with you

Why would you emulate it when there already is a PC version of it?

and it works fucking perfectly.

You'd understand if you've used an N64 controller, tbh. The entire left side of the controller might as well be cut off for 90% of games, and using the stick for c-buttons when they're used for items/actions is awful in games like OoT/MM. It would be like playing Crash and binding your face buttons to the right stick.

Isn't it just great? I played through the entire thing a few days ago, and the only problem I had was the water in the boat level being green, but whatever. Shows how good those games still are, even by today's standards.

we are going to archive the threads? Well ok, why not.

What makes you think that I haven't used that controller?
My setup is more accurate to a N64 controller than yours.
Yeah, this explains a lot.
So fuck the games that use the d-pad, still binding select to anything else than select itself is retarded.
It worked fine in the Gamecube version, in the Wii version with the classic controller and it works fine with a dual shock.
No, it isn't like that at all, if you bind A and B to the right analog your analogy would be correct.

You're sperging out over your highly specific subjective personal taste instead of contributing to the thread in any meaningful way. This is your last (You).

Yeah, I guess you're right.
It's still shit tho
Anyways, what other emulators make games run better?
I know that you can remove the sprite limit in Nestopia but that's it.

Regen has overclock option for genesis games.

Retroarch Medefen and epsxe have cpu and perspective correct polygons options.

Certain versions of the N64 emu 1964 and project 64 have cpu overclock options.

Certain nes emulators such as FCEUX have overclocking support.

Absolute faggotry

This shit is just plain magic

how the fuck do I make em into ISOs or is there a site that has em as just ISOs by themselves?

that 60fps m/kb emulator package contains malware. Run at your own risk. Reporting OP so mods can edit.

make them .pbp files. you can even fit multiple disks into one. i only wish you could do this for sega cd and satun too

virustotal.com/en/file/6e046e5059ad3f67b5ae19df6ea22a51a9329d2fb58a9ae265785577354f3d63/analysis/1488782427/

Anyone wanna play a DOS game from my childhood that you've never heard of with me through Hamachi?

Actually, is DOXbox technically allowed in these threads?

NEVAR 4GET

botw is working in the next cemu release, not fully playable though.
cant wait for this shit to go open source

you can get complete caches so you dont have to have any slowdowns

its been 2 fuckin days. How is the Switch gonna survive…

So does baldur's gate dark alliance just run like shit in dolphin or is my computer fucked?

It aint shit, its flat out non-existant

just get the original hardware.

Saturn can be played on mednafen
thats an improvement

very low compatibility. About 30-40%. I think it even refuses to run PAL region games. It's about as extreme a novelty as you can get and isn't even worth touching.

Play on Mednafen, not Retroarch. The libretro core is outdated.

I was going to call you a hardware-fag, but yeah, we're kinda fucked with the monster box.

Ooooh! Which game?

Why do retards keep pushing this meme everywhere?

It's an emulator, what do you think?

If I recall, you need to be a $5 Patreon to get the latest build.
I'd do it, but I don't have a credit card and I doubt a mailed cheque would be terribly fast.

If you want to wait, it goes out for free after 2 weeks, so the 24th.

I wasted trips on a lie.
It comes out a week later, so the 17th.

it doesn't work properly anyway so it'd be a waste. If it was fully playable I'd be a good goy and pay $5.

>4 shit-tier "virus protectors" out of FIFTY SEVEN pick up the mouse injector used to make the mouse controls function as some "malware injector"

Jesus fucking christ. Kill yourself.

next time be honest about what you're sharing

don't share viruses. Not exactly hard.

I do use mednafen, and the saturn emulation is far from good. It's a very complex system, more complex than anything else from the generation (and many things since, just due to the way it distributes loads) so feasible emulation is still a ways off.

Literally the niggers of gaming

agreed, but it has its uses. FPGAs are fare more interesting however.

Just tested cemu, it runs fuckign perfect, even on a gtx650!
palyed MK8, Toad and Mario 3D world at 60 frames

Look at the virustotal. Every single reputable anti-virus out there shows it's clean. Do you understand what a false positive is? Do you think I'm fucking stupid enough to spread a virus? Every single version of that fix, even the old original is picked up by a couple of malware protectors due to the external mouse injector used modifying the emulator's code, similar to how Cheat Engine works (which also gets flagged with a false positive).

Also, thanks Mark for somewhat fixing this situation.

Now would you kindly unfuck my OP?

somewhat unfucked it.

Still a mess with the GOD DAMN VIRUS part, but eh, thanks for trying.

No it doesn't.

The only one of those that has shit emulation is the the xbox. Catch up.

EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT

As PCSX2 gets more accurate, hardware requirements increase. The version that guy mentions on the wiki (0.9.7 beta r1888) is like 7 years old.

Well shit. Is there anything I can do aside from pic related to get those 10 frames?

nvm fixed it :)

VU cycle stealing

That image is so outdated
Setting the EE Cyclerate option to 3 now would overclock the emulated CPU speed, increasing the system requirements.
You want to reduce it to -2 or -3. Ideally you don't want to use speedhacks at all.

Holy shit you're right. I disabled speedhacks and it runs perfectly now

Can you run games off the original gamecube disk with dolphin?

What's the best front end for all this shit? I want to be able to play on my couch. I have the PC hooked up but getting up and down to go between games got old fast.

I'm thinking of setting up Hyperspin/Rocketlauncer but I wanted to know if it's shit before I get started.

bumping with a question

how the fuck do i fix this?

I use Launchbox. Get the cracked one or ask someone to share their license so you can use BigBox.

Emucucks in a nutshell. Jumping through hoops and having to resort to a lesser version of the game because they are the niggers of gaming

sorry i'm not taking the extra step to get a nip game imported? having an english translation is nice, you cunt.

Does it support nesicaxlive games?

Download the latest dev build, switch to openGL software mode.

danke mein neger

FPGA are not for anything post 4th gen.

Start by not using outdated renderers.

What is it about emulation that triggers you so much? I know you're the one and only faggot that says "emucuck" in these threads.

He has a potato and can't emulate shit probably. It's free bumps, the faggot didn't even sage.

Name a better 3D adventure platformer
Protip: don't even try

Box art for launchbox of the new zelda hack
romhacking.net/hacks/3346/

All I fucking want is to emulate Ninja Gaiden motherfucking Black. Is that so much to ask? Why didn't it at least get a PS2 port? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Why do you think you deserve nice things?

Best DS emulator?

I have had 0 problems with DeSmuME. It is the only DS emulator I have tried though and that was several years ago, there may be a new better alternative around now.

pcsx4.com

So, what the fuck is this?

A scam, like the switch emulator that's been popping up recently.

Sounds legit.

What and how makes emulation anything bad? You're not stealing anything and you get cool mods and custom stuff that the original software will never have.

That's what I also used before, but I was wondering if there is a better one now.

those things pop up all the time, they'll show you some edited video of spliced ps4 footage to make it look legit. You wont see a ps4 emu for at least 5 years.

DeSmuME, if you have a decent cpu you can run it in HD.

I'm going to leave the source of this thing here if people want to look at it and decide.
shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7045

I've run it on my machine without any issues.

Thanks m8.

What do you even need to do to make an emulator?

Besides a lot of free time and benign autism?

Bios documentation or knowledge of bios design
Documentation of the hardware to virtualize it
Time

Hardwarefags can't even enjoy all these kickass mods and other cool stuff, hahaha what a bunch of fags.

numerous mods work on original hardware too. The original Xbox was a haven for them, and even before that modified games were commonly ran on ps1s, saturns, DC, etc.

Why don't emulator fags know anything?

inb4 italian, I just so happen to know the language

I dont need to resort to emulation user, I already get the better experience ;^)

You''re the niggers of gaming because you are fine playing a shittier version of games like a nigger

You need

Maybe you anons can help me out. I'm emulating Star Fox 64 on P64, and I'm trying to use my dualshock 4 as a controller. Problem is, it seems to hate the right thumbstick. Sometimes it doesn't let me assign it to the C-Stick controls, and sometimes it does, but when it does all the C functions sporadically go off whether I want them to or not.

I think I found the problem, N64 didn't have a c-stick.

Obviously, but I'm asking, is there a way to expand the deadzone so it doesn't constantly change my camera and hit the brakes? I checked in Project64 and didn't find anything, so I'm wondering if it's a setting I need to change elsewhere.

I wish it was just me id hopping, but it looks like it caught on. Now everyone's gonna do it, I love it.

sorry, I can't help you.

Use Inputmapper, create a custom profile and expand the deadzone for the right stick.

Sure, man.

which emulator should I use for n64?

Project64 is still the king

Drastic on Android.

Already get that
Sure, getting a stretched image with shitty over-blown textures is the better experience
Already get that with a modded console
I think you understand how this is going

What does it mean that "Dolphin's Cheat System is Currently Disabled"? What SVN did this and why?

Dolphin uses git now laddy
Which ancient build are you using?

What PSX emulator isn't shit? It seems like "mednafen" or whatever OP was shilling for is actually a virus.

Read the thread, and then kindly kill yourself, nigger. There was never a virus, and the original link is back since mark realized he fucked up.

Seems to me like antiviruses detect anything but real viruses.

Use retroarch/mednafen. If you don't like the UI, use launchbox along with it. Get a clean rip (redumps are good shit) and play that shit tomorrow night.

he's probably a corporate whore Republican who objects to not giving money to major companies, to appease his rich Jew master Trump.

He probably also has a massive game collection and gets mad when others get the same games for free.

literally a made up excuse. We've had great NES, SNES and Genesis emulation since the fucking 90s. Most older systems are perfectly emulated. They claim "not accurate" either because they stick to default settings and refuse to play with settings or because they think an RF picture is decent.

Literally no one but virgin geek purists care if the sound is 1% off, and save states, cheats and all that are better than some old console that has bad pins and shitty picture output.

Notice how all the anti-emulation asshole son Youtube always stand in front of their wall of game carts while crying over it? Hating emulation is how they justify hoarding junk and paying for what they could get for free.

most notable example is AlphaOmegaSin, a moron who cries about SJWs because he got caught cheating on his wife and wants to blame women for it. Typical "$50K in games on $50 worth of shit shelves" gamer retard, cries about emulators merely existing. Faggots like him DO make gamers look bad. I'll pirate games just to spite fuckheads such as him. Being free is just a bonus.

PCSX2 wiki is completely worthless isnt it

Feb 2017 5.0-2260. Didn't realized they are no longer "SVN", but I still had a relatively new build.

DLed newest 2833 but still getting this.

Nigger just open the .cue file with the emulator of choice.

I've been emulating for over a decade and I wonder where you pussy faggots who shit their pants at different file formats come from.

Can you hear me back there in 2005 user!?

Leave >>>Holla Forums

Yeah pretty much

Haven't emulated N64 in over a year, has there been any significant improvements? I want pretty graphics at 1440p

trying out 3ds emulation
looks ok

what game?

yo-kai watch 3
I'm only emulating to view the models in HD
I don't like playing games in >30 fps

So meme souls 0 is playable on RPCS3 performance notwithstanding

But it is.

What kind of modded console can do all of that?

brother is an ultra nu-male casaul trash-tier normalfag who ENJOYS working full time at walmart. he ENJOYS the new pokemon games better than gen 5 and down. he plays and pays DESTINY1 on an xbox1 and LOVES the idea for DESTINY2. he ENJOYS one-piece and says there is no other anime that can beat it. also is going to get married and buy a house THIS YEAR.
brother's GF is a LAND WHALE tumblr-tier air-head who likes whatever my bro tells her to like. also works at walmart full time. she ENJOYS and has NO PROBLEMS with windows10. only game she plays is candy-crush.

they both has FB and spend EVERY WAKING MOMENT on it.

FUCKING normalfagS

How are Citra and Cemu?

This is normal?

People like to live way above their means for some reason. I have family members that buy nice clothes and have to feed themselves and their kids on ramen noodles and the occasional can of tuna for a month because they blew their paycheck on the clothes, and they see nothing wrong with living like that.

Good to hear

Rock on, little buddy.

A Gaming PC

IT JUST ISN'T THE SAME

I'm sorry your toaster can't run Demul user.

About this, I have a problem with the sound. Every game I run has perfect FPS and work fine, but sometimes I get distorted audio and I don't know what the fuck should I do fix it.
I even tried to use SMAA as antialiasing, but I'm too stupid to make it work.
If anyone has an idea be my guest.

What sound plugin are you using and do you have the right sync settings enable.

If these both fail then you pc isn't powerful enough.

Demul only gets a perfectly smooth 60fps if you run it with vsync, otherwise it's choppy (but otherwise playable just fine). As for sound, that happens when you briefly dip below 60fps, as long as you maintain it at full speed it won't be a problem.

Quite the opposite actually
Demul's vsync is broken and will cause audio issues because of shader stuttering.

Best way to emulate Zeldo Ocarina of time?
I've played an hour or 2 on retroarch with Mupen64. Just noticed some minor sound glitches it's sort of like a buzzing noise I'm shit at describing things it's nothing major but am wondering if there's a fix. Am I better off using Project64 core?
Also there's a ton of graphics settings should I just mess around with them or is htere a page explaining how to get optimal graphics?

there is no good n64 emulation.

No such thing

If you have a good system then you could emulate the 3DS version using Citra. It actually runs at 30FPS instead of sub 20 of the original.

I don't need perfect but Ocarina of time seems to be running decent with no major glitches. I'd rather play an emulator than play on the wii u's virtual console.

Oh shit I thought there was one. I'd rather play the N64 version, the 3DS version is too colorful and isn't faithful to the original tone. It looks like a cartoon.

It is a game made for children. That is how its supposed to look.

Any console that you can hardmod or softmod you cuck

I bet you use filters too you cunt

any mega link with a bunch of nes and snes roms full of dolphin porn that i can download with one click? i already have the one in the share thread

I like my games looking like how I remembered them, actually.

Just download a fullset off of emuparadise

Super Mario 3D Land

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone have a good guide for emulating old Mac games? I'm specifically looking to play these two:
macintoshrepository.org/3486-the-riddle-of-the-maze
macintoshrepository.org/4044-minotaur-the-labyrinths-of-crete

emaculation.com/doku.php
Not familiar with Macintosh emulation myself.

Cemu works better than I expected on my system. Still wouldn't classify it as worth using though, games have a lot of glitches and the frame pacing is all kinds of fucked.

Where can I get CEMU's latest build?

google

does DeSmuME have an AA option?

I can't find anything getting vibration to work on retroarch, how do I do it? I'm using a Gamecube controller with the official wii u adapter.

you can fix the slowdowns by getting a shit precached.

I installed the drivers with Zadig but it doesn't work with retroarch. When I had vjoy installed I had the gamecube controller working. All I want is rumble.

Shit vjoy doesn't support rumble. Now what am I gonna play N64 games with?

Does wine emulation count?

That is with a precache. The slowdown is even worse without one.

Works on my machine™

I had this exact problem, and all you need to do is press f9 with automatic game fixes on and it should clear that all up. Your character meters will display in a weird way but it will be visible.

No, wine literally stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator.

How do I setup Nocturne in PCSX2? The guides I can find are all years out of date.

Nocturne, DDS and Raidou have run perfectly for about a year. Just get the latest git build and set the enhancement options (internal resolution, etc.) to whatever you want, since they perform really well too.

How do I make NeoPop-SDL stop being a shit and running at 120FPS? It's double speed and I have no idea where the fuck I go in the source to make it stop that shit. I just wanted to emulate Card Fighters Clash under Linux.

use the opengl plugin and set the blending unit accuracy to high.

Why are you using such an ancient turd?
Even MAME emulates those games better than that.

MAME doesn't emulate Neo Geo Pocket Color and Mednafen uses NeoPop for the NGPC core, as far as I was aware. I wanted it stand alone so that I could see if networking works.

Oh shit, I'm a retard. MAME and MESS were merged apparently.

Is the multiplayer even alive still?

I am on the latest git build (minus a few days).

How do I setup widescreen?

Will try that.

Nevermind. PCSX2 is so primitive I have to tell it to display widescreen manually regardless of the game.

The 540p experience.

YFW EMUCUCKS

so i manage to install retroarch in mint cinnamon using this
buildbot.libretro.com/docs/compilation/ubuntu/
anything else i might be missing? tips and tricks in using retroarch?

Holy fuck. PS3 emulation is progressing at a rapid rate, maybe even surpassing Xenia at this point.

Granted, playing Oblivion in an emulator is totally pointless since it's on PC but…

look at how fucking smooth this is.

Bumpo

is there a setting to keep pcsx2 (recent git version) from slowing to about half the speed whenever speech samples play in ace combat zero?

Nice.

Anyone knows which Dolphin svn version to get? The latest one breaks Eternal Darkness and other games, they no longer boot.

So, why is N64 emulation still shit?

Any good emulators i can get for the wii?

Where are you getting the emulator from?

Anything before SNES should work fine. Certain SNES games will work fine too. Use Retroarch

The patreon is making 20k bucks a month. I wonder who could be profiting from these rumors.

What am I missing to play any of the Vampire games on MAME.183?
e.g. For The Night Warriors(Japan 940705)
87e85607b16abd1c13a7faaf36057f9bc7e01add *vampj.zip
I have the parent ROM: (Euro 940705)
06e97b2ffe758a88340b5537792323bbceb85079
*dstlk.zip
But it keeps asking for a missing ROM or CHD I have no idea about.
The rest:
aa146de9c22db44af2247f63f3b9901e2b424532 *nwarr.zip
0edebbe6eec9da99a5c067fdd753add9f8d426a6 *vhunt2.zip
0bc6e6c70930b4b407895f8a8a464762af3f1224 *vhuntj.zip
65dd2d3d0647def8139e7ba22874c02bae5d320e *vsav.zip
68c601fa4010c46711c811d19f1f367a9d59b66f *vsav2.zip
e1d095c0b10a38ca1985a7bb4166e864e2f9abc5 *vsavj.zip
I got these from emuparadise if it matters. Am I missing some unknown BIOS, or do I need to key in CPS2schock values?

werks perfectly with retroarch, faggot.

In retroarch I cant make it to scan and recognize a .smc file, but I can run it fine when I use load content. Anyone knows how to put it in the list?

You probably need some sort of bios rom like qsound. Either that or your roms aren't compatible with that particular version of mame.

The scanning feature has always been broken unfortunately.

Thanks!$ mame -verifyroms dstlkdstlk : dstlk.key (20 bytes) - NOT FOUNDdstlk : qsound.bin (8192 bytes) - NOT FOUND (qsound)romset dstlk is bad1 romsets found, 0 were OK.I got 1dd4cbf40663eb86000aa0535d4ad383857b5f59 *qsound
But I need to find the .keys or learn how to make them.$ mame -verifyroms dstlkdstlk : dstlk.key (20 bytes) - NOT FOUNDdstlk : qsound.bin (8192 bytes) - NEEDS REDUMPromset dstlk is bad1 romsets found, 0 were OK. I have an idea what they are:vam.01 131072 64b685d5 z80 vam.02 131072 cf7c97c7 z80 vame.03a 524288 004c9cff Code vame.04a 524288 ae413ff2 Code vame.05a 524288 60678756 Code vame.06a 524288 912870b3 Code vame.07a 524288 dabae3e8 Code vame.08a 524288 2c6e3077 Code vame.09a 524288 f16db74b Code vame.10a 524288 701e2147 Code vam.11m 2097152 4a39deb2 Samples vam.12m 2097152 1a3e5c03 Samples vam.13m 4194304 c51baf99 Gfx vam.14m 1048576 bd87243c Gfx vam.15m 4194304 3ce83c77 Gfx vam.16m 1048576 afec855f Gfx vam.17m 4194304 4f2408e0 Gfx vam.18m 1048576 3a033625 Gfx vam.19m 4194304 9ff60250 Gfx

Fuck, I did manage to find a rom that those get detected, anyway

It's not broken, his shitty rom just has a bad checksum and is failing when compared against the no-intro lists retroarch uses. It's working as intended, get good rom dumps, run them through something like romcenter to make sure they're good to go, and they'll scan just fine.

Do what said. For the PS2 SMT games you generally want to use DX9 mode iirc, but one of the renderers is fine so just switch until you figure it out.

There's also patches floating around to fix any shadow issues and force the game into progressive scan (as opposed to interlaced) which makes them look much nicer.

According to mame.pw/gameinfo.php?game=dstlk
This file, I assume is the decryption table, is missing in nearly all rom files. Finding a copy is proving difficult.
progettoemma.net/gioco.php?&game=dstlk&lang=en same:
Found it at planetemu.netto/rom/mame-roms/dstlk-1
dstlk.key my.mixtape.moe/pajjpz.key
3246c80d33aa4b3117a1400bb4793bd568237c6f
*dstlk.zip
Now attempting an injection on
06e97b2ffe758a88340b5537792323bbceb85079 *dstlk.zip
Even though I may have the correct ROM already
So far the key is not what I expected:

mmm, so after injecting the key, the emuparadise ROM checksum is:
7c61484bdbf09fe5a4c7b84f8d7dbaac71349f98 *dstlk.zip
Playing confirmed some parts of ROM are not ok.
Opening intro sound does not work (expected).
Inserting coin starts the menu, and played the bell.
And playing works just fine, it plays stage OST continue just fine.
Now attempting the same on
0bd2b333c36f05934f0b9debc9edff32c2ea2fc1 *dstlk.zip
And playing
3246c80d33aa4b3117a1400bb4793bd568237c6f *dstlk.zip
I am disliking these ROMs without a proper update log.
It's literary like coming to a new job with no documentation, and trying to fix broken code.
It became
3ed2813bb682be5d04e68c689a29f175d9bad6a1 *dstlk.zip
Got the same error prompt (line3), but it plays. It's from doperoms
3246c80d33aa4b3117a1400bb4793bd568237c6f *dstlk.zip
Also gets the same error prompt. Damn, all of them are bad!

:^)

It is. Get a non-broken romset and you'll have every single game scan in perfectly. How do you not understand this?

After looking deeply at the emuparadise ROMs, I can safely say they are not only bad, but ancientModified: 1996-12-24 23:32:00Doperoms has modified dates all over the place, additions files, and missing their keys:Name: vam.01Modified: 2000-09-09 14:58:38Name: vame.04aModified: 2001-12-21 05:52:58Additional filesName:vamex.03aModified: 2001-12-21 11:21:32Name: vamex.04aModified: 2001-12-21 11:21:34Of which are not in CPS2Shock. I will assume Doperoms has malware.

There has to be a guide or group for these ROMS. The ones from emuparadise are dead old. But someone from an IRC chatroom elsewhere told me they use the old ones for fightcade, as long as they are the same (duh). So far, all the ROMS from planetemu have the keys; nwarr.key attached.
Uploaded the rest just in case:
nwarr.key my.mixtape.moe/qpiuhc.key
vhunt2.key my.mixtape.moe/ixfkax.key
vhuntj.key my.mixtape.moe/mfmnnz.key
vsav.key my.mixtape.moe/hvdrga.key
vsav2.key my.mixtape.moe/sqjynf.key
vsavj.key my.mixtape.moe/ilaerv.key
They are 20B, binary, duh. Would need a hex editor if you were writing them. I have no idea what they are and do.

But overall, planetemu's ROMs work.

Lately I've been looking in to building an Arcade cabinet, but I know little to nothing about MAME. What should I know? Also do we have a MAME recommendation list yet? I've obviously got some stuff from childhood I want to play but I was mostly a fighting fag and wouldn't mind some recommendations.

Honestly, read all of MAME's documentation. Right now, what's popular is UD-CPS2 made by my bff
I don't have or recommend a must have MAME ROMs, since as you can find out, they are still being updated^^. I am sure old Holla Forums has a chart, but 8ch/v/ not so sure. >>>/fighters/ has their own although. But again, I am the one guy to tell you,
M.U.G.E.N. THEM ALL

We also found out recently that SFXVI was a thing, pre-M.U.G.E.N. years ago in JAPAN using X68000 hardware!

trying to get pscx2 netplay working but ran into this problem where my ethernet device won't show up.

anybody done this before?

PS2 admittedly has a long way to go. PCSX-2 is pretty-much dead, but not all hope is lost yet.
PS1 emulation is fine.
OG Xbox is non-existant and truly hopeless, unfortunately. They'll probably emulate the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility before they ever emulate the original Xbox.
Saturn emulation has been shit for years, but things are really starting to look up for it thanks to Mednafen.
Dreamcast emulation is passable, not all hope is lost yet.

did I hurt your feelings?

GOOD.

fightinggamesonline.info/pcsx2/

holy fuck of course there's some random ass version of pcsx2 that makes netplay a breeze

Both of you shut up. Fuck.

Wii U is coming along? Sweet

Having read through many forum posts on the dolphin emu site, looked at dolphin benchmark performance comparisons, and watching game play videos on YouTube, i gather that in essence, the ryzen 1700x runs equivalent to 2-3 year old Intel quad core cpus.

Which were, and still are, excellent at emulating dolphin's most demanding titles at high resolutions with consistent frame rates.

As far as I'm concerned, ryzen 1700x is absolutely sufficient for emulating the wii and GameCube.

The only thing I've yet to find solid,objective EVIDENCE of, is how well ryzen does with pcsx2.

I should be through my massive backlog of ps2 classic games by the time the AAA industry has crashed, and studios begin rebuilding their engines with multi core support.

Why do you retards keep spouting this shit?

At least the audio is working….?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is never going to work for cemu. I own this game on wii u but it's fucking butchered to hell by censorship, so I just never played it.

Finished dozens of games via emulation over the last decade. Saturn emulation has been great. It's unfortunate that people are too retarded to get it working.

I mean… it seems to be working at a solid framerate and the audio works… If the severe graphical and audio glitches could be dealt-with then we might have a viable solution for Xbox emulation.

It's functional, but still pretty shit. SSF is the best emulator but it has no native iso loading, native res only, is closed-source, and exclusive to Windows.

Because PCSX-2 uses dated coding only fixable by starting from the ground-up, and now the devs are slacking-off, working on pointless features like PS1 compatibility instead of improving compatibility for PS2 games.

Im trying to emulate YU-NO on the PC98 emulator (xnp2, which is a linux port of Neko Project II) but I dont understand what I should do with those files. Please help a retard out

You say PCSX2 is fucked and in some respects (Jak and Daxter eyes) I think it is (could be wrong), but latest dev builds have real fixes to issues and performs better, so it's getting better all the time. What about that one faggot working on Play! ? The worst named emulator of all time?

UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND

Hopefully it won't take too long until we're able to emulate Ninja Gaiden Sigma, at least.

Do you think I could emulate Shadow of the Colossus on a not so great quad-core AMD APU and a GTX 750 Ti? I don't expect to run it smoothly or at 1080p given the game's reputation (and that it didn't run well on the PS2 in the first place), but just being able to play the game at all would be nice.
The alternative is dropping 30 shekels on that PS3 compilation but money is tight and I'd rather save it or spend it on something else.

Newfag when it comes to emulation here.
What is the best NES emulator?

puNES

AMD quad cores have existed for 8 years now. be more specific. but you're probably fine, just try it

Alright, I'll try it.
CPU is an A10-5700, Piledriver architecture (pretty much second gen Bulldozer).

mednafen does a great job with saturn emulation

RetroArch is junk that makes an arbitrary way to go about things.

I desperately want to play that stupid multiplayer mode with the ball. I hope I'll be able to over the internet someday.

Hey guys, uninformed tinfoil hat here with a question.
What sites do you get your roms (ds/3ds in particular) from? I don't trust anything so i'd like an opinion or two on things rather than just head off to the first google result.

I want to try out pokemon x and y before i buy it.

Further searching has given me a resounding "don't bother trying"
Christ, i wouldn't have thought emulating a 3ds would so difficult for developers.

Bump

soft mod your 3ds

I'm playing the emulator ppsspp and Tekken 6 looks incredible beautiful in PSP emulator, it's looks like PS3 or Xbox 360, they should create open world indy games with these graphics who works very good in old computers to more people who have old notebooks and pc buy more games.

The graphics in PSP emulator of Tekken 6 was beautiful, great work of namco to create a perfect port for PSP, it's like Tekken 3 who was a perfect port of Arcade to PS1.

Other games with good graphics in PSP emulator are Burnout Dominator, Gran turismo, and even Need for Speed Most wanted who looks a little bit worse graphics than Burnout Dominator, looks beautiful if you increase the resolution of emulator and edit config for better graphics in ppsspp, looks better than the PS2 version but is smaller.

The only problem are some smaller quality videos or images in 2d, but the 3D game looks perfect and i can ignore in few momments the 480p videos and small images since they still acceptable and are viewed few times, the whole game in 3D looks beautiful in emulator

I'm not sure if anyone else has said this before, but handhelds began reaching console levels of power beginning with the original DS. With some of what it is able to pull off, the NDS is essentially a portable Dreamcast. The PSP would be around GC/Xbox levels of power, the 3DS is literally a portable Wii, and the Vita is a handheld PS3.

For example, if one were to load up Citra, and pop in OoT, you almost literally have an HD remaster of the game.

Ok I need recommendation because nobody focuses on stuff I want and when I find one I am not sure if it is good.
I need android controller that fits in pocket and have phone holder. Does anyone played with one that fits in both categories? All I've seen seems like shit.

Nigga you're not even close. DS might be comparable to N64 at best and the PSP for a Dreamcast

Top kek
the people who spout this shit are the ones who haven't coded a single line in their life.
Stop repeating outdated rhetoric.

THE FOREVER DEBATE
DONT USE THE WORD GIMMICK AROUND NINTODDLERS

Anybody have a copy of Alcohol 120% for SSF?

Is there any way to transfer a Higan SNES save to RetroArch on Android? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here.