/agdg/ + /vm/ ~ Amateur Gamedev General

Resources
>>>/agdg/
>>>/vm/

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE
unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/scripting/persistence-saving-and-loading-data
volafile.io/r/ageptzvw
youtube.com/user/Geomerics/videos
discordapp.com/invite/HyDRT
shodanon.itch.io/beelzebox
imgur.com/a/5wGek
ibb.co/mVZCdv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

post progress

Starting off the thread with the first ever HD video of Speebot! This is one of the later levels of the first world.

Let me know what you like or don't like from what you've seen.

NO EDITION EDITION

I'm getting a new PC soon so i can start making my game. Really excited.

seems lonely, you're gonna add some musics later on right? if i remember there's some user here who are making tropical like music donkey kong style, pretty sure it will fits yours

Welp, I'm sure I'll use this for something.

Trying to render text using only a fragment shader.
The string is encoded as a grayscale texture.

Also anyone knows about any musicians that i can commision to do some tunes for my game? I particularly want a Mega Drive style synth cover of a song. Or at least where i can look for them.

looks like fun

Will there be a Switch port

I wanna play this on a handheld

I wish people would stop doing this

Same shit happens to me all the time when I was making tabletop campaigns. It's really easy to get absorbed into your own fiction.

They should all be merged into a body of water with one name obviously.

When will I be able to play it in my phone?

Oceans aren't lakes user

I fucking hate countries.

we are all the same amirite, welcome to all refugees :^)

The concept is still the same bud, the bodies of water are connected but we give them different names in order to differentiate them. Also pic related.

borders are racist smash it

I would argue there's a big difference between two lakes being connected miles away by a river and a lake that becomes another lake even though they're connected by a very big part and rright next to each other.

That's just not how nature works
Maybe with seas, but not with lakes

Yeah, that user was me, it was meant for Speebot in the first place. Glad you think it fits!

Maybe, I hear that Switch is OpenGL, so a port is definitely a possibility…

After PC release I will probably port it into a lite version for Android.

It doesn't matter if they can technically be classed as one lake, that doesn't stop lake Huron and Michigan from being considered different bodies of water.

It's just more convenient to have separate names for visually separate lakes.

Maybe I'm just not meant to be a gamedev

Dick round in unreal 4 for a while. I don't know anything about code and I did some funny stuff in there just placing props and effects around.

dunno user that just sounds dumb

JUST FUCKING DO IT

For me, drawing and sound is much harder than making an engine. That's why I'm making a mostly text based game.

If I get a bloated 400 MB abomination for my flappy bird game I'm going to fucking lose it. That's one of the things I meant by 'too autistic for'.

Why don't you just dick around in a big engine for a bit.

then why not make something worth playing?

You're clearly missing the point.

Why not use a game framework instead of an engine? Your project will be small and you won't have to write any boilerplate code.

Explain it to me

Why not use Godot? I think its bretty gud for 2d and it is also relatively light.

I'll wait for 3.0 before I give up because lack of tutorials and resources.

Filesize and bloat aren't the only things that bother me, but I'll look around if I can find some comfy frameworks.

All cheged tbh.

I am wondering is there something like Decorate scripting for Godot already? UE4 has dem blueprints but it looks quite heavy weighted and probably wouldn't be possible to optimize it for toaster yet funnily enough they aim for mobile device support.

zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE

Are there any decent flappy bird clones?

Decent?
What do you mean?

The game was kinda shit in the first place, after it became a success people made hundreds and hundreds of clones.

That shit is older than smartphones, but god I loved it.

Is that exclusively using Unity assets?

Dammit, one of the shaders I patched together doesn't work nice with different colours when occluding. Not sure I can fix this, might have to find a replacement for that part of the shader.

Exclusively custom assets in an exclusively custom engine, user.

Very nice. Looks good, and the controls look very smooth.

now i just need to make exterior details… and… texture… every…thing…

You really gave yourself way too much work
Also isn't having one big model going to be a problem?

its split into a different object per floor, also the bridges, and the outside details will also be another object

menus finally fucking work, forgot that i made the texture drawing function always render into coordinates center instead of lower left like it used to.
emitter disable func a bit fucked atm, alongside with the menu button texture rendering.

I made 106 different functions and fully documented them. I only needed 24 and had to cut a lot of shit. Thats how my week has been

So… I have a problem about deciding what concept should I use for a game I'm planning to do.

It's a RPG Maker Dungeon Crawling Rural America Thriller.

The thing I'm not sure what to do is making it an episodic play with many different characters from some american town in the cold mountaint frontier between Alaska and Canada where weird stuff is happening or make it about the Sheriff of town being able to recruit almost any character as deputees to explore the region, with many 'dungeons' and clues to solve crimes and mysteries.

It would be my first seriour game and I have no idea about coding.

I hope you know at least about logic and conditionals, because you're still going to need those for RPGMaker.

I know a little about variables, but I hope it isn't too hard to learn about logic and conditionals.

Demo day is a cuckchan thing though. I-I'm not looking for excuses not to dev.

Looks great but please have more variety of seagull noises, make them less noisy and make their sound appear less often.

It's been a while since I've used RPGMaker, but I don't remember it going deeper than IF THEN .

Engine dev isn't game dev.
If you really want to go down that path, make some games first and get back to engine dev later on when you actually know what you're doing.

Progress, the pistol model and texture is done.

The serial number is can be pretty much anything.

Sage for double post.

Progress is slow, but I guess its better than no progress.

Nice effect, but difficult to read.

Nice work user! How long did that take you?
I need to learn how to texture that well.

I think Design B is better, what you guys think?

B

Design A if that's all wood "supports".

A gives more depth. Sage for double.

Nothing like some aggressively beautiful shit to snuff out feelings of inadequacy when /agdg/ing

they are not supports, they are just for AESTHETICS

Im rolling with B, because i will add more detail on the part between the arc and the window, like this teal circle in the image i used for inspiration

Is that a shader? How are you distorting it?

ah, right. I was just worried that you were covering stuff up needlessly. If you're adding more detail that's fine.

That's really cool but I can't read a single damn word in that.

Shit, dude, the texturing on that is great.

Every time I come here one of you cunts makes me push myself harder

Looks great, did you make the material with substance painter? Anyways, the only thing that bothers me is the ejection port, because it isn't "indented" on top like at the side of the gun, which makes the slide top look paper thin. Take a look at pic related to see what i mean.

I'm confused. You target the rock and feminist frequency icon comes up then you shoot black spider webs at it and you can also float while shooting?

Yes, this is all on GPU, in a single fragment shader pass.
The only textures used here are the font and the string. The string is encoded as 8 bit grayscale.
The wave is just a sine.
There are two versions of the text rendering function, one that uses a clipping rectangle and an offset, and one that mimics tex2D by just taking a UV coordinate and treating the string as a texture. (its width extending far beyond the 0-1 range)

im gonna keep hammering this nigger until fucking Adonis comes out the other side

didnt mean to reply to you

Jesus, mate, just pirate zrbush already.

PAIN MAKE STRONG

fine

Whats a fragment shader do specifically? Shaders are my one weaker areas

In a nutshell - vertex shader manipulates vertices, a fragment shader fills the polygons that the vertices form.

well, i'm sure this guy is gonna make a great, fun and enjoyable gaming experience.

A fragment shader is a shader executed for every pixel covered by a mesh.

Fragment shaders outputs shit as pixels on your screen. See pic related, left you have a tri in 3d space, in the middle the tri gets "rasterized" based on pixel resolution, on the right it's the final pixel output of the tri. This is why especially old games look "pixelated". It's a bit like the software in a digital camera, that takes analog real world light input from the lens and creates a pixel image out of it.

Enjoy.
Kind of vaguely programming relevant, too.

Couple of days working on and off. I'm still fairly inexperienced but it was a great learning hot to do everything. This is the first model I've completely modeled and textured both from scratch. I've modeled stuff from scratch before, but not textured it, and I've textured stuff before, but it wasn't stuff that I had modeled. Now that I better know my way around Substance and Blender pic related is a day's work. It's far from finished but it's a good base.

Thanks man.

I believe in you user.

Yes, I made the texture with Substance Painter/Designer. The first texture I've done for something larger than a bullet that doesn't look like dogshit. The software is great but before I was expecting it to do all the work and the results showed.
To fix the model, if all I have to do is bring it down a fraction of a millimeter then it won't mess up the texture. If I do it too much the GC logo will be squished. If nothing else I can just say in the """"lore"""" that the GC gun company makes their guns with very tight tolerances.

AND YOU PEOPLE MADE FUN OF JAVASCRIPT

Seriously though what is this trash? What's the best workaround for this?

end as in last position?
myArray[myArray.GetLenght]=shit;
as in the earliest position not already assigned?
keep a counter.

sorry, myArray.GetLenght-1

Are you trying to make a rolling array?

No idea what a rolling array is

Tells me

Arrays are a fixed size for a reason. Consider using a List which uses a rolling array internally for performance. Or try to know how big you need things in advance.

Rolling arrays are nice. I made a few 2D collection classes that implement them internally. I can post them in a bit if anyone wants them.

I wonder if its worth making it its own class, but I dont want to compromise the read/write speed for member access. Hm.

You forgot your parenthesis () on the method dummy

myArray.GetLenght()-1

Oh, then I guess I'm just gonna use a List
Seems much better

Why GetLength? That's intended for multidimensional arrays. Count is a property so is more "native" especially for a typical 1D array.

lol, fuck everywhere that isn't an anonymous imageboard

[demoscene intensifies]

Are shaders something you can pick up casually and use casually? If you already have say five years of programming experience.Or do you have to go down a rabbit hole and invest a ton of time before you can do anything useful with it

It's a rabbit hole.

I was following this guide unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/scripting/persistence-saving-and-loading-data to get Save and Load working, but it doesn't seem like I can save and load a List?
Or am I just a fuckup?

Well, is inventory null after you call load?

Yeah, it's empty

Rate this design

I feel you could do something a little more creative for the border or shape of the sign, otherwise, pretty good.

I had forgotten a forward slash
I'm gay

Doesn't feel very medieval.
You have to remember that at a time where there would be an inn of that kind, most signs would not look like that.

6.5/10

i will have a lateral (pic related) sign on the other door, i didn't want both entrances to be too similar
i will check more images to see if i can get some inspiration and make it more INN-like

do you think it is lacking details?

i will still add texture later, so i don't want to make it too clunky on the model alone, but i will see if i can find more inspiration on some pictures i have saved

Just a painting on the wall could be more realistic tbh

Made grass and water that you can interact with.
Horizon Zero Dawn btfo.

Top tier stuff !

huh, cool

Will all the other windows have that X like detail? Is it a metal cage or is it vitreous? This is important because if it's metal cage, birds could shit on them and then you'd have people with bird flu on your Inn.

Where are you going to put the name of the inn? It seems to me like there isn't enough room for it.

To make it feel like nighttime, try desaturating

aw shit forgot to pick a name for the INN

The cages are wooden and only those windows on the screenshot will have them

i'll adjust it more when i have an actual environment. i used this pic as reference, as it'll have a similar palette to my town. it doesn't really look good now, mainly because the background is a very dark gray and the change is borderline unnoticeable.

Tried to bastardize POE's skill tree icons … I can never seem to make a stone texture very well. The embossed emblems are easy enough to make, though.

On rewatching thats pretty dope how you can step on different parts of the grass

nice, user

Try more highlights and more contrasts?

You were doing that for resistjam, right?

this? no. this is an actual game now. my shitposty game was an absolute fucking joke. i'll post more once resistjam is over, since i know those cunts are watching these threads. mine was the epileptic swastika game.

Well hey, that's even better. Looking forward to seeing you do cool shit now

back to reddit with yah, lad

They already have one and it's dead, son.

you have to go back lad

I thought better of you guys

It's on topic, deal with it.

This is baitchan.

On the topic of my foot going up your ass you doublenigger

Pleb tier

goodbye obama you CIA nigger

Where can I find a blank cartoonish looking model like pic related?
The unity asset store seems to be almost impossible to navigate

opengameart, search under the 3d section. There's a lot of trash but you can find some decent stuff if you take the time to sort through it.

clock tower part

The one thing that I could've used was made private by its creator, lol.

Dunno, I'm probably gonna try my hand at Zbrush and see what I can come up with.

What fucking pose isn't pleb tier then

>agdg logo in the title screen that is, if you wait awhile
did risk of rain actually come out of this thread/board? sage for off topic.

**his next post is going to be
"motorcycle rider pose"**

Yep
I think they used to post steam keys or a magnet link of it on these theads for a while back then

It was developed before Holla Forums existed so it wasn't exactly this board, but yes. One of our prouder moments

Why is it called Seedbot and not Bouncebot? :^)

Looking great.

cutting edge technology

please someone fix my fucking deforms like wtf

Reminds me of this

pls no bully

i need help

You need zbrush.
I'm serious here, user, it will solve all your problems, it will clean your ass for you and flush down the toilet. It's the program hat matters, not your skill or expertise.

But sculpting is scary user

Only if you try sculpting every single pore and baking them into a super high-res normal map.

I suppose, yeah. I'm just not very experienced at art in general. More control = much more room to fuck up.

Don't listen to the morons saying "intall ZBrush", your modelling is great, and ZBrush doesn't affect rigging at all- which is where your problem actually lies.

How do I fix the twisting issue? I'm actually really confused as to what I've got to do to fix it.

You could just take 30 minutes to follow some beginner friendly tutorial on youtube. Look at this one, 8 minutes in and he even has a floppy penis like yours.

Better weight painting. If you've never done it before watch some tutorials online I guess. It's a complex process that you can't just speed through and expect to get good results. Here's some examples I have to give you a general idea of what you might be doing wrong.

not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong there Captain

Put the bone in the pose which makes it look shitty and then add/remove weight until the twist goes away.

but user it never goes awayyyy

It could be your topology at fault then. If you are willing, throw the blend file on the vola and I'll take a look at it.

Never heard of it. Mind linking?

volafile.io

volafile.io/r/ageptzvw

What in the world? Is this really make or break for you? Maybe you should go write PHP user it has array pushing as a binary operator array[] = new_elem

Don't shit on people that help you. Not everyone on Tumblr is a social justice moron

C'mon now

faggot and -fag aren't the same.

I checked out the video you sent me before sleep - the tips you provided filled in a ton of blanks I had. I'm going to sleep a little more skilled than I was this morning.

I'm not the original poster you were talking to, I just linked to volafile

i want to make video games

Me too, but I've been feeling overwhelmed by the whole process. I torn between learning development in an engine and digital art. I'm torn between UE and Unity, both I've gathered great learning resources for. I'm
torn between learning sculpting in zbrush or modeling in blender.

Hello again friends. I have a question that maybe some of you can help me to solve.
Anyways, after about a week ago someone here pointed out how my game wasn't pixel perfect in movement of objects throughout the game and it started bugging me a lot, so I've been working on fixing it. So far, it's been going well. Pic related, you can see how the pixels are all aligned with the grid on the left compared to how they used to be, shown on the left in this image.
However, I've run into a problem and it has to do with making my backgrounds "parallax" in a pixel-perfect fashion. Since I'm using Unity I've kinda come up with a "hack" method of doing parallaxing in which I have these mesh quads with repeating textures on them where the offset is determined by the players movement. These quads just follow along with the camera to act as backgrounds. The problem here is that Unity texture offsets are done on a scale of 0 to 1 like a percentage (IE .85 means 85% offset along that axis). My background images are all 256x256 pixels, so I imagine you can see what the problem is at this point.
Anyone have any experience with this particular problem, or ideas on how to fix it? For the time being I've given up on having pixel perfect backgrounds and settled with having everything else behaving properly(other than the UI text, which I have just been too lazy to fix right now)
Also, stage 2 is getting pretty close to a point at which I will be interested in putting out a demo of, if anyone is gonna want to play. The boss is a lot more engaging than the stage 1 boss was if you played my first test build.

Fug, I mean the old picture is on the right side of the orange line. You can see how they're all out of alignment. The left side of the orange line is the current one.

Just round the coordinates down or use the modulo % operator or something. It's a fairly common thing to do

Do you mean rounding out the worldspace coordinates? Because I already do that. It's just that I calculate the difference of the players position this frame compared to the last one(when i want the backgrounds to be moving IE when the player is walking or whatever) and when there is a difference I apply a shift in the offset multiplied by a speed ratio. I like this solution because it lets me easily change how fast I want a background to scale, like if its meant to be closer or further to the player.
Would I have to map it like 1 percent of the scale is equal to 1 percent of 256 or something? Because another problem with this system is that I multiply the end result by the delta time in Unity (so that the background won't scale faster or slower dependent on the framerate of the machine playing the game). I feel like I'd have to take that out if I incremented by a specific amount every time.

Yeah, you'd do (Texture.Width / 256f) or whatever to normalize it into the 0..1 range that Unity likes – the reverse being (byte)(someFloat * 256); – and once you have that fractional value, you can then use it as a multiplier against the delta time or whatever. I think that'd work. Or something. I'm tired

I'll give it a shot again. I had tried this earlier but I was probably approaching it the wrong way.

I'd suggest rendering it at a really low resolution and use nearest-neighbour scaling, but Unity's 2D engine is just an awkward layer on top of the regular 3D engine so that probably wouldn't work.

The Katana model and texture is now finished.

Next on the list is is an automatic rifle. Do you guys have any ideas of what I should look at for inspiration? If there was ever a time to channel your /k/ autism, now is that time.

A full-sized GAU-8 that propels you backwards as you fire it.

Thanks a lot for your help! The video you provided was very informative.

Can I see the topology on the sword?

>Somehow managed to make a method with ref/out that's slower than just copying the variables

I don't know how, but I did it

figures that he'd end up here.

What a cunt.

>By the way, my presence is valuable

amazing.

I really like the second one. If no one else posts anything I like more that's probably what I'll go with.

Working on a Gatling gun is further down the list, after a sniper rifle and a European sword, but I'll keep the GAU-8 in mind.

But why? It's not really that good.

What do you think those mice were thinking?

Be aware that if you lock the pixels of the parallax layers when your pixels are so big, it can look very choppy and weird because the background layers will jump 1 pixel every quarter of a second or something like that and different layers move at different intervals.

I've seen you on GNU/Social.

This is sort of related to this. Does anyone else have maladaptive daydreaming? I found out about this condition a few hours ago and connected to how I came up with ideas for games in the first place.
**whether or not these thoughts will come to fruition is still in the air. I want to get started on coding badly, but my pc took a shit."

Better question, why is the Extra Chromosomes faggot asking?

Ahh, fuck, I guess I'm not the only one autistic enough to do that.

Because it's such a nice, closely knit community that they'd all be sad to see it disperse…
physically hurt to type that

I've got nothing against AR choices, perfectly reasonable, but my recommendation is the FN FAL. Or maybe it's lesser known cousin the FNC, I can't recall ever seeing that one in a vidya.

How is this even a thing? Everyone doesn't think like this, then? Do people think about srs business most of the time? Do people's minds just go blank when they go to bed or do something monotonous/boring?

It sounds like some dumb definition for "difficulty of paying attention" or something.

Sounds like a doctored-up term for imagination

BRRRRT-chan is my waifu.

I'm guessing not. Otherwise the idea of autisticly pacing the floors of your house with characters talking to eachother in your head would be common knowledge.

How else are you supposed to come up with story ideas and scenarios than "daydreaming" them up in one way or another.

I told you some threads ago to fix the topology of your model. Also shoulders don't stay static like that when the arm moves, look at some real life movement pictures, or move your arm like that in real life and take a video of it to see how it correctly bends. Show us the rig too next time plus your weightpainting.

Such beautiful rifles. I wish I could put them all in my game.

Some amazing user made me a vid showing me how to fix weight painting and overall how to do it properly.

I was just doing it wrong.

Also, my topology isn't THAT bad. It's not like topology really matters in spots that aren't meant to bend, anyway.

That's not really that surprising if the amount of data is small refs generally take longer
Note that if you pass a reference to function the reference is still copied so your always copying something plus you then need to deference which also takes time
Plus if it's like a float it's actually smaller than a reference/pointer.
With that said, all of this stuff depends on what language you're using and what compiler

if singles i keep working on my game…
RIGHT NOW

If dubs I will make an MMO

If singles I will procrastinate

What the fuck is Epic doing?

So has Epic given up on anything that isn't mobile and VR?

Here's your dubs.

Something was really irking me about the way the blade looked with the lighting, and the topology kind of confirmed my suspicion.

WHERE ARE THE DUBS EGGMAN? YOU TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE DUBS

Here, user, you clearly need motivation so i made this piece of shit for you.

I'm so fucking talented when it comes to making wonderful software not work properly

They talked about their new audio engine, which is far from nothing. But it's one thing in a sea of VR which is disappointing as someone who couldn't give two shits about that gimmick.
I do find it funny that while Unity is the company partnered with Enlighten (the company they licensed their real time GI tech from) most of the examples Enlighten gives of their tech is in Unreal Engine.
On their YouTube channel they have
3 videos in what look to be custom tools
2 videos for Unreal Engine 3
1 video for Unity 5 (which is under a 50 seconds long)
2 videos for Forge
12 Unreal Engine 4 videos, one of which is a tutorial
youtube.com/user/Geomerics/videos
At this point they should just partner already I mean Jesus Christ.

Vid related is how to fix this. You should get what you need in the first 20 minutes.

holy shit that was quick as hell. Thanks, user, I'm gonna go play some cancer strike and get to fixing it

I'm happy to help.

what is wrong with her face?

The audio engine is really cool, but that was shown before GDC in a stream, don't think anything more was shown at GDC about it. Either way, the focus was mobile and VR, which is fucking retarded. Been waiting on fucking Niagara for 2 years now, and these fucks are more busy with the VR editor that absolutely nobody will use.

ayy

lmao?

Unfortunately I didn't see anything that would help me solve this. It remains a mystery.

is that alian the proprietor of opengl guides? please tell me your galactic ways of forming the triangle.

This is what ResistJam really is.
This.

REMOVE AYYS

QUALITY GAMING EXPERIENCE

that's called imagination user

"""play"""
"""game"""

there's nothing wrong with her face user

they remind me of those "eyes of a psychopath" pictures.

Am I the only one that remembers Motavio?

Motavio is the opposite of motivation, unless his purpose is to be so gay that you want to get the fuck out of /agdg/ and possibly end up devving as a result.

Hey, whatever works

There's nothing wrong with her eyes, user. I'm all in favor of bullying, but if theres nothing to bully it just creates confusion and mild irritation

what did he mean by this

no i fucking swear it's just slightly uncanny, and it bothers the fuck out of me.

Anyone know how to make the toes less limp and more springy?

you are just imagining stuff user

I would play this, good work user.

Agreed.

Interesting as hell.

sauce on song?

Veryrude - Wobstorm

What is the best degree that can help in game devving? Math?

Computer Science, typically. After the first year or two you'll mostly just learn more higher-order and theoretical shit about programming (including all the maths you need to know for this stuff) rather than more practical studies - depending on the program it may or may not mesh well with the practical programming. If you're not actually interested in the field and just want to like make game, you can learn much of what you need to know to make games online.

Whatever you do, just do NOT sign up for a Game Dev or Game Design course. You're going to get a mixed discipline program that just seems like a lite version of comp sci without much theory or design behind it (and if there is some, it'll be mostly artsy, postmodern shit). If you want some real game design/theory, you'll need to read up on it yourself when you've already familiarized yourself with the programming necessary to actually make games.

Math major is WAY too hardcore for somethimg as comparably trivial as game design. Do Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Youll be much more likely to enjoy them and theyll teach you what youbneed for gamedev and also extra cool shit that you can use for other more difficult and interesting stuff. Math wont teach you to code and youll learn all kinds of insane theoretical and high level math thats almost useless in game dev.

Computer Science with as much Maths as possible (since programmers generally avoid Maths). Should at least be able to make your own 3D engine.

This week's staggering progress: I made one sprite look a little better

"Maladaptive daydreaming" sounds like newspeak

I do this way too much, but I also think it sounds like newspeak.

well, if any of you goyim still wanna shitpost in the ResistJam discord, they just shared a new link.

discordapp.com/invite/HyDRT

Weren't they going to share a unique link per person now so they would know who links to Holla Forums?

Fuuuuuuck whole ton of progress in the past several days.
Lots of items, added in weapon pickups, added in ammo for the non-default weapons, coded in some new enemies, reworked the health system, redid the HUD, started work on the first map (not pictured, pictured is test room), AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Things are coming together, but there's still a lot to do.

I think she's cute and I want to hold hands with her.

that's mostly how it's done, but they very seldom sent out one of these like this in bulk to everyone. they've only done it twice.
hey, all the more reason to take advantage of the situation.

What are these question marks? Also what does that red bar do?

The question marks are props that are broken and aren't showing up because I'm a fucking dumbass.

The red bar is ammo, but it feels like there's a way I can make it more…obvious. Maybe putting an icon of the gun next to it.

Maybe make it look like bullets? Or put a bullet icon next to it.

divide it into segments and make them look like bullets. that might work.

How's this look?

i was more suggesting making the bullet meter look like it was a line of vertical bullets, but i suppose if it's an energy blaster rather than an actual gun, that wouldn't make much sense.

dang, how are you supposed to do menu button callbacks? my current idea is to load functions and arguments from the menu file, store pointers and then call the function with args when clicked.

might have been, i sometimes post stuff there or just shitpost when im having a drink

anyone else hide random rants in the comments of their code?

I don't.
I know someone that did, though.
Going through his codebase was an interesting experience.

Yeah, that's quite good, except you need to make the icon a little tiny bit smaller.

You should make it so you die in one hit and use up lives to respawn in place like in Contra. If play a bloody horror version of contra.

I'D play* fuck

Okay

Don't forget to introduce yourself in #introductions!!

Not bad but why don't you put the health bar completely at the top left and put the red messages somewhere else ?

holy shit I might actually be getting somewhat close to a believable human body

thanks blender-user, I was doing weight painting wrong all along

Should have used zbrush tbh fam smdh

user, i…

Are you gonna make a twink fucking simulator?

No worries fam now make a girl

nah, that's the Elliot Rogers simulator.

God damn it.

HA! Experimenting with texture alpha paid off!

Keep on shilling
shodanon.itch.io/beelzebox
No new build til all the things you people wanted are applied

I'm gonna get to that. I'm done really done yet.

At some point in the future I'm going to figure out how to properly do normalmaps and then I'm gonna get zbrush and go to town with full on autism like picrelated

I must gay my way through the normalmap/retexture of this model and figure out exactly how to set up morph targets to customize his body and face before I get to making delicious girls.

After that thread I've actually gone and attempted to reduce the Rodge likeness

No, I'm making a sandbox PvP game with brutal combat and gore. I'm a bit of a ryona lover, too, so you know where that's gonna lead

*not really done yet

you're not exactly wrong

Can we make chubby femboys?

stop i can only get so erect.

*faaaarrrt*

user, I'm trying to be productive. If you keep posting this sorta thing you'll never get the chubby butt simulator.

fap breaks are never a bad thing. especially when working on lewd things, getting aroused gets pretty distracting.

Show us your chubby butt ;3c

I've actually started working out about a month or so ago so I no longer have it unfortunately.

fuck it post it then. Make sure to spoiler and include a serious suggestion for my, or someone else's game.

ey, i didn't say i was working on it right now, mate. too busy with classes and shit to draw, since it takes me ages.
i'm moreso doing mechanics now. but the game has a few suggestive/lewd scenarios, and you can kinda see something related to that here

So you aren't thick? What are you? Did you burn muscle?

This thread got gay real fast.

Getting more and more of a muscular frame. Working out does wonders for your productivity, by the way. It's amazing.

/agdg/ + fitness = success

tends to happen when discussing games with weiner physics.

i know, right?

It's not gay. Behold, ancient wisdom too big for Holla Forums imgur.com/a/5wGek

Unreadable

what is that, a screencap for ants?

fucking Imgur.

ibb.co/mVZCdv
Alright, It should work now.

Some faggots think they're getting a better deal by getting knockoff 3DPD, but in reality they're only getting an even worse and more emotionally unstable imitation with no hips, fake tits, and an ugly face that gets even worse with age.

You could just have uploaded it here you egregious faggot. This is an imageboard for god's sake, and our filesize limit is 12MB.

Theres also the matter of how an alchemist transmutes things and makes homunculuses, perhaps golems. I'm also trying to think of how I could have both Hexes and Curses without too much overlap or arbitrary differences

This is true suffering

look on the bright side, it's done and looks great

i don't know, feels really empty, i think i will draw a texture for it later, having 9 fox tails comming from the globe thingy or something
the innkeeper will be a foxy arara

I think that's because of the plain font

oh shit, true, i forgot to grab a pretty font, i closed blender already, does it have more than one font? or do i need to find and download them?

any idea how I can adjust all 24 constraints at once?

HELP, CAN'T DECIDE

nevermind, found a winner

right, left looks strange carved instead of written down

Why not just put the text as a texture with a bump/normal map?

hum i could also do it, i never used bump maps before tho, so have to learn

learn to use curves modifier, things like these should take less than a minute
also predraw your stuff, trying to figure it out once you are in 3d might be too much for you right now

Sure thing. Pic related.

I could probably that for the super-difficulty mode, having it so you die in one hit.
Enemies will definitely be horror critters, though, ghosts and such that splatter around when shot enough.

I don't know how ghosts can splat. But it's more fun that way.

So is this all being done in DOOM?

Just need to implement bicubic interpolation and I'll never have to look at this fucking mess again

Yup. Well, sort of.
GZDGPL, a GPL-compliant branch of GZDoom that allows its coding language to be used for full games independent of Doom.

With that "resist jam" nonsense I'd thought I'd make a not-Contra game, since Contra is totally a political game. :^)
But then the inevitable fallout happened, so I figured I'll just make the game anyway. It's only a two-week thing, so.

Maybe I'll dev if I wake up again

user, it'll be okay.
please wake up, we miss you…

rate main character, would you hold her hands?
also nude because apparently i'm pretty shitty at fashion, eventhough i want to implement dress up at my rpg, smh tbh fam

a bit bland, and too thicc.

search clothing catalogs then draw a few of each section until you know what you are doing

Looks cute, although I agree with in that she is a bit bland.

fug i knew it, is it the hair or the whole face? i probably based her on asuka kazama too much

hmm i tried it kinda, but most doesn't really fit with the whole fantasy rpg thing, oh well i'll probably go full shitlord and she'll wear nothing but bra and some protective gear, any idea?

There's not a lot of character design in that. It looks like just some anime girl.

her tits are round and big-looking but actually small, her arms are too long, and your proportions are generally a bit off.

appreciate the feedback user, well i haven't think of anything other than red hair and green eyes, i'll probably try to add some hair accessories. not sure what though

Think its worth dropping $400 leafbux on a Thinkpad T430 refurb strictly as a craptop devbox? Just got our bonuses announced and thats about half of what I'll get

wasn't trying to create a paradox like that lol, but is this proportion better?

made snow with GMs meh particle system, but on the bright side, no lag whatsoever.
it actually snows harder the further in the game you are, though it's hard to see when it transitions gradually like this.
will probably fuck about with the day/night colors more. the sunset could be more red.

well it ain't gonna draw itself

I've been trying to get my player to rotate towards the direction they're walking in, and I've actually gotten it to work, except every time my player stops moving the rotation is reset back to what it was at the start.

using System.Collections;using System.Collections.Generic;using UnityEngine;public class Controls : MonoBehaviour { public float speed = 2; private Rigidbody rb; Vector3 movement; public float moveHorizontal; public float moveVertical; public float lookSpeed = 10; private Vector3 curLoc; private Vector3 prevLoc; public static Controls playerControls; void Awake(){ rb = GetComponent (); } void FixedUpdate () { float moveHorizontal = Input.GetAxisRaw ("Horizontal"); float moveVertical = Input.GetAxisRaw ("Vertical"); Move (moveHorizontal, moveVertical); } void Move (float moveHorizontal, float moveVertical){ InputListen(); movement.Set (moveHorizontal, 0f, moveVertical); movement = movement.normalized * speed * Time.deltaTime; rb.MovePosition (transform.position + movement); transform.rotation = Quaternion.Lerp (transform.rotation, Quaternion.LookRotation (transform.position - prevLoc), Time.fixedDeltaTime * lookSpeed); } private void InputListen() { prevLoc = curLoc; curLoc = transform.position; if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.A)) { curLoc.x -= 1 * Time.fixedDeltaTime; Debug.Log ("test"); } if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.D)) { curLoc.x += 1 * Time.fixedDeltaTime; } if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.W)) { curLoc.z += 1 * Time.fixedDeltaTime; } if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.S)) { curLoc.z -= 1 * Time.fixedDeltaTime; } }}

How do I stop this?

Only do the rotation if the player's position changed since the last frame, i.e. if prevLoc doesn't equal transform.position

If you stop moving, transform.position - prevLoc will be zero.
Calling LookRotation with a zero vector is more or less undefined. You even get a warning in the console if you do that.

pic related

I know, just wasn't sure how to fix it

Advise me on this.

Should I go to the local art school to find a 3D modeler/Animator to work with?

they actually reached twenty games.
that's 18 more than i expected, at least.

I didnt fall for shit thats why im asking here first

Clothing is a big part of character design, so without clothes she looks another anime grill.
I'd pat her head/10.

Take a look at some fashion catalogues and character design aggregate sites. What kind of setting are you going for?

????

I went to the animation exhibition before.
They do some really good shit, there's definitely talent there.

drew some trees too.
i keep forgetting that the in-game clock is running at 100 times intended speed.

I really dislike the outlines tbh

It kinda looks like she's got two right feet user. Aside from that, nice.

How much longer is ResistJam gonna be, anyway?

hey goyim, remember to buy the shit that gives this engine a bad reputation

five more days, i think.

user who complained about the tits here, it's not the proportions, you shouldn't draw the whole circle unless the tits are a certain size or are being pushed up by a bra, I'm in class right now and I'm not that good at drawing but here's something that will hopefully help you. On the left is your boobs, on the right a couple suggestions, at the bottom are some extra possibilities and guidelines.

Have a few reference images I saved at some point. Only two are tit-specific though.

mate, there are people making Twine and RPGMaker shit. it's at a point where my joke project is an objectively better game. you can throw shit together in two hours and it'll be better.

we're about to hit page 13

prepare the new thread

I don't get why oeple don't post after 300, we just wait to irrelevancy then rush the next one hundred or so post

rules are rules, user

the best way to do this would be making a bumpmap right? i know what it is, but never used one, how is it made?

i wouldn't mind keeping the mesh if it didnt have such YUGE polycount

Just not as fun tbh
I still post but much less and usually they're shitposts

?
Can't you just make it a texture user? Who's gonna even fucking notice that it's not flat if you don't have Bloodborne-tier lighting?

FUCK MAN
CMON

ok, just feels like a waste after i already made it as a mesh and looks great (on object mode)

Just trying to get you to stop wasting time on shit you shouldn't be wasting time on
you'll thank me later

made it into a picture to use as texture later

do it anyway, you need to understand how cuts and seams come together for different forms, once you have your foundation you can make your own from imagination.
If you are still unsure try with jackets and coats first, those translate very well into armored/fantasy clothing

Freshest of breads