elona.wikia.com/wiki/Cat_House
mega.nz/#!F9ZVgLAA!1y9oQfVnyRChyFWc29x95BWQnFgZCyO02VupK1D1thQ
github.com/zakki/openhsp/blob/master/package/win32/readme.txt
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Soup_of_wonderland
elonaup.x0.com/sozai/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kill yourself

Does somebody have the pastebin? I lost it.

Apparently she got engaged then went to Ethiopia or something. Someone's trying to work on Elona Custom in the meantime.

Also, does anyone know how to apply bleed on oneself at will without getting pregnant/giving birth? Noticed that bleeding lowers ones health even with the mp barrier feat. Got a fuckton of mana, so I want to combine the barrier and courage feats to get a large damage boost without relying on Contingency, which has a 20% of not working.

Looks like you'll probably just have to gather up a bunch of slashing enemies and wait.
Also, is the guy in the picture trying to monster ball Shena?

Damn that's a pain. And I think in the picture, the guy is too slow and weak to kill Mia so the cat and exile does most of the work.

Can you give me a quick rundown on Elona?

Why would you want to kill a cute girl like her?

animu open world roguelike. Not balanced for permadeath at all. You can have a party with pets/allies/wives and change their sprites and ride dragons

It looks like there's a bunch of different versions, and some are in moonrunes. What is the best way to play it?

Japanese roguelike without permadeath (unless you want it to). It is an autistic grindfest with lots of shit to do. You can dungeon crawl, do quests, save money for a mansion or palace, farm, fish, own a shop, get married to whatever you want. The bulk of the game is killing shit and dungeon crawling though. The setting is nonsensical, it looks like a typical medieval fantasy but with guns, lasers, robots, dinosaurs and other shit.

dropbox.com/sh/rjtmd247d6c6uma/ZCkmq9DI6J
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Beginner's_Guide

Probably for free meat and her card/figurine. Don't worry she'll respawn. She's probably a slut too

elona plus and custom

The original version was made by Noa, but she stopped working on it. She released the source code to anyone who asked, so some fans started working on a mod called Elona+
Elona Plus rebalances and adds a LOT of content, and is still getting updated so it is the one you want to get. You can find it here: wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/
The site is in japanese but you just need to search for the word Download and the dropbox link.
The game MAY be in japanese when you first run it, but you can still manage to navigate the options to change it to english. Its 99% translated, only missing some very. very last post game content. Which i havent even reached in so many hours.

Fuck, it still hurts.

Has anyone played as a mount? (i.e. letting a slow powerful pet ride you)

Thanks anons. It begins.

You can let pets ride you? Can you ride a pet while another rides you?

No you cant double ride

Sounds oddly familiar.

Get some blood sucking weapon?

Have fun!
Some tips:

Oh never tried riding using Custom. I thought the item prohibiting things were real.

Yeah I tried but the bleeding doesn't happen often enough to get me below 50% unfortunately.

if you use 2 or more melee weapons you can attack a monster with thorns like iron maidens for instant hemorrhage

This is actually pretty great. I'm confused as fuck at all of the keybinds (it's like playing X3 for the first time), but this is definitely pressing the right buttons in me for a mechanically deep RPG.

Damn I was hoping I could just hemorrhage myself using an item/skill on myself instead of relying on enemy spawns. Hopefully there's another way to lose health without losing mana.

Yeah, having difficulties with hotkeys is a part of all roguelikes, I feel. Also, you can hotkey numbers to anything, like usable items in your 'use' menu (t), spells (v), (a)bilities, or even (e)at if you want. If you hold ctrl and press a number, it counts as a different hotkey so you effectively have 20. Pressing shift+number is the same as ctrl+number when casting/using. You can't bind with shift though since it's the 'exit' hotkey in menus.

So custom elona is superior? Can I play custom elona in JP?

Why? Custom is just an improved translation mod for Elona Plus.

The Elona Custom mod is not up to date, since the person working on it has disappeared. It only supports up to 1.62, but Elona Plus is up to 1.65 at the moment

Does anyone have that walking fairy sprite I fixed up from that one nip that made sprites of the wrong size?

I thought custom added features as well.

You're right, I forgot there were extra tweaks.

pastebin.com/jjrLxg6E

===DOWNLOADS===

+ Elona+ Custom Experimental (Stable: 1.55.4a) [Download ALL, starting from the bottom and moving up.]
MEGA (EB1): mega.nz/#!FFolDbwZ!SUSXNmj4SNchl8iQGmT9mMdtnWVmoJ_yrK_Xjx4hcQg

+ Elona+ Custom (Stable: 1.58.1) [Download Elona+ before downloading Elona+ Custom! If the first three digits of the version do not match with Elona+, they are NOT compatible!]
+ BloodyShade (1.58.1): bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/
+ MEGA (1.58.1): mega.nz/#!gQJjnKCa!-CTWSHJfFm21wZhZbTH2fGYin-Rbohbvk57WPwYosT4
MEGA (1.57.2): mega.nz/#!YZhy3CyT!uW0brWn90bYI8LYfP9iFiIVbQmH5Uz-y7WFdpTVL7Ww
Nyaa (1.55.1): nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=788076
Changelog & Installation: elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:21733
Custom AI Troubleshooting: elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4

+ Elona+ (Stable: 1.58) [Download Vanilla Elona before downloading Elona+!]
+ Website (1.58): www1.axfc.net/u/3662046.zip
+ Dropbox (1.58): dropbox.com/sh/rjtmd247d6c6uma/ZCkmq9DI6J
Older Download (1.57): elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:21906
Changelog: elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_(Elona+)

Vanilla Elona (Stable: 1.16rfix2b ; Development: 1.22)
homepage3.nifty.com/rfish/index_e.html

Elona Wiki: elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
Elona Japanese Wiki: wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/
(translated: translate.google.com/translate?js=n&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/ )

Elona Story (spoilers): elona.squares.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5025

=Custom/Mods=

–Music–

LMK's Wild Arms Music Pack, back from the dead, and updated for Elona+ 1.29. (Thanks Lishe)
Part 1: mediafire.com/download/d5bx9h8b6737o89/WA_MusicPack_Part1.rar
Part 2: mediafire.com/download/u95hbh84w888fic/WA_MusicPack_Part2.rar
(Both parts needed for Elona+, but only part1 is needed for vanilla Elona)

RPG Music Compilation Pack: 4shared.com/rar/F8qlQIzt/VidyaRPGMusicPack.html
Mostly final fantasy + squaresoft music.

–Interfaces–

A little sister interface
mediafire.com/view/1n2kag8uyoy4f9j/interface.bmp

A Lomias clean interface (mention on /rlg/ if it needs anything)
a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/bvpkrk.bmp (rename to interface.bmp)

Kumiromi UI (if something needs to be fixed drop a line on /jp/)
puu.sh/hLln4.bmp

–Spritesheets–

-Characters
Rename to character.bmp and replace the one in your graphic folder.
Remember that sheets are very easy to edit to your preferences if none of them suits your taste.

(Maintained, 1.45) Monster girl sprite sheet. (Check elona thread on /jp/ for most recent version)
puu.sh/i4bRS.bmp

(Maintained, 1.46) /rlg/'s non-bobblehead sprite sheet. Be loud and angry if it breaks.
a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/efldxr.bmp

(Maintained?, 1.42f2) Alternative monster girl sprite sheet.
mediafire.com/view/95trhuo9q1lbqup/character.bmp

(NONWORKING 1.29+) BobbleHD sprite sheet.
mediafire.com/view/8lpkaueyu4lvyan

(NONWORKING 1.29+) Simple bobblehead sprite sheet for Elona+.
mediafire.com/view/?l2jkzrgpiin4nz2

-Items
(Maintained, 1.46) /rlg/'s superior item pack. Split your lungs with blood and thunder should it cease to function.
a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/dgclka.bmp (rename as item.bmp)

-Map
(Maintained, 1.46) /rlg/'s anti-eyesore therapy. Whine like beached whales if tiles are not objectively the prettiest.
a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/wmnxru.bmp (rename to map1.bmp)

–Loose mods–

Portraits, item replacements, etc: vkyo.web.fc2.com/index.html

Elona Uploader: elonaup.x0.com/sozai/index.htm

EVERYTHING ON ELONAUPLOADER (Uncategorized): mediafire.com/?70a8j3thn7e6z58

Customized PCC site: geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/

Elona autobackup script: pastebin.com/ytg79zP9

A caveat, as always–some of these links may be dead. Here are some of my sprites/sprite files.

Remember, Elona only works with bitmaps (24-bit, I think; if you want a sure way to make your images work, save them as bitmaps in Paint–default save settings should do the trick).

Try gathering up some chestnuts out in the wilderness, and use the throw action to toss them at yourself.

Fuck, now I have to play this again.

vanilla elona download is dead. Any other sites that host it?

Just get Elona Plus.
Vanilla Elona stopped being updated and unfinished like… 7 years ago? maybe more

Also, reminder that Noa is working on a new game on the same setting ylvania.org/en/elin

Why would anyone do that? She's going to get culturally enriched.
Also, is the goddess of luck secretly evil or something? she just keeps going mew mew and shit and it's very unsettling.

I will do many things to her.

She is just your regular cat girl omnipotent omniscient goddess. She loves it when you donate raw or cooked fish to her altars

I really need this fairy fixed, please.

Is it gonna have as much support for custom characters?

I dont know, but i think she is planning to release it on Steam when its done

wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/
Just search for DOWNLOAD and the Dropbox link. You can change the language to English on the settings after opening the game

Nice, here you go.

Holy shit this works. Only need 1 chestnut too, can just pick it back up and rethrow until hemorrhage. Thanks man, time for hilarious damage multiplier stacking.

Ehekatl is a mentally retarded goddess who likes to pretend she's a cat. She might look cute but she is not even close to the best god Jure. Gameplay-wise, Kumiromi is the best because of that stamina regeneration even though it got nerfed.

Hahaha look at this shit it's fucking great. I am the strongest!

One minor issue with that, though, is that this bitch will just pop up out of nowhere on the map after your caught throwing a fixed amount of nuts, and will punish you by taking them away from you. they're actually hers to begin with Her level scales with your throwing skill, but she's actually a bit of a pussy, especially with your stats she won't be a problem.

Yeah >she, now that you mention it.
The wiki says guy, my game says grill.
its genderfluid

It's probably random like most monsters.

Can you drink genderfluids?

Guess it's a good thing my throwing skill is complete trash

.You can change genders of anything to male, female, both, or none.

cute

Apparently Its gendersolids on Irva.

But that's forbidden!

Wait, are you fucking serious?
Is it because people would abuse throwing them or something?

Yeah, like how anorexia is for over vomiting, the giant sort of behaves as a deterrent to keep you from throwing too many. Since they're quite ubiquitous, and can also double as a deadly weapon strong enough to even cause gods to hemorrhage out.

Thats hilarious, anything else like that in the game?

Dunno if this counts but you can whore yourself out for money and charisma training. Do it too much and you get "sick".

Don't forget the stair ghost.

And for anyone wondering what the hell that is,

Wut?

wow user, thanks for making me look stupid, I hope you are happy.

I love this game.

I have been playing for as long too and only met 1 big daddy.

I havent even completed Lezimas yet, but i have a house, shop, farm, storage, a wife, a maid, a demonic cat, a robot, a ranch where i eat and gene engineer putits, Several shelters across each building…

I've only run into one or two Big Daddies and the first time it happened, I died trying to fight it.
Same for Lesimas- I've only recently made any decent progress in completing it, but those fucking hounds with breath attacks usually get in my way.

How many pets is ideal for you?
Personally I have had most success with 2 pets

Proud Paladins of Opatos reporting.
The best amount is precisely 3: your faithfull Little Girl to love you and be your Shield Maiden in your Quest, your trusty Steed to carry you on towards great deeds and your holy Angel, gifted by Opatos to protect you on your journey.

Alternatively, make a Necromancer with a Young Girl for Corpse Bride and as many skelybros as you can craft

I had a party that consisted in me playing violin, 5 heavily armored orcs to beat the shit out of everything and one little girl to service the orcs.

It worked surprisngly well.

Fuck I need to start playing this again., I haven't played in forever.
I should probably start a new character. I haven't progressed much with my fairy farmer.

Do you happen to have that one fairy pcc that I fixed?

I'm using this one.

Here's one of the older pastebins, it has links to sheets and music
pastebin.com/bdHxMfJ7

Thank you my man; you are a life saver. Lost it when my hdd died. The original file comes out deformed like this. Don't know what happened to the flower, though.

Is there a pack that makes the player races look like that they're supposed to? A human looking snail doesn't make any sense.

There are probably some PCCs out there. Found some that were meant for the god pets. Could use the robot for golem or something. or just rename the race if it bothers you.

Forgot the link
dropbox.com/s/3kd70sn4xva9vmm/ElonaPCCsabanto.rar?dl=0

Is there a good way to capture monsters?
Also i have no idea what to do, for now i got cooking and anatomy, i planned on opening a museum but for now im not fighting much so i dont have cards and figures.

You need to make monster balls through the Pot for Fusion, under "ball making"
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Pot_of_Fusion
though the best way is to start training your literacy really high, like to around 100 until you find a spellbook of domination. Once you successfully read it once, you can order as much spellbooks as you want if you join the Mages Guild. There is a quest from the cat freak in Palmia that gives you the monster heart, which improves your dominating ability.
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Mia's_dream
You need to dominate/capture a silver cat to finish this quest, which can be found easily during this quest:
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Cat_House
Once you have all this shit, all you need to do is level your dominate and gene engineering. I had pets that were level 150 when I was only 60-70.
Until then you can only make monster balls or buy rods of dominate from Miral and Garok's workshop for 20 small medals.

Early in the game you will have to rely on your ally/pet to tank for you a little until you get some good equipment.
2 important bits of information: You can change your ALLY's equipment.

Anyone have the pic of that one user who made the pudit character with the backward cap?

Elona Custom 1.65
mega.nz/#!F9ZVgLAA!1y9oQfVnyRChyFWc29x95BWQnFgZCyO02VupK1D1thQ

Anyone have the pic of that one user who made the pudit character with the backward cap?

What oes custom add again? Its the like the addon for elona plus?

Aside from more translation of Elona+ content it adds some tweaks like AI customization.

Noa posted a new gameplay video of Elin last week. Really hope it will have as much things to do in it as Elona does.

Cool, thanks. Glad all my pet AI configurations are intact.

Doesn't look half bad.
Don't know if I like the new character sprites, though.
That thing in the middle of that town looks like a moongate, I hope that's what it is.

Kys

Be happy you scornful faget

but wait, don't we need vanilla Elona to play Elona+? The download on there is only for Elona+.

No you don't, Elona+ is packaged on its own.

oh good. That post further up kinda threw me for a loop.

How do I apply this monstergirls sprite sheet to the game?

Also, do they have custom text and such too for the monstergirls? Or are there just these sprites?

fuck forgot to sage my double-posting. Killing myself now

Replace the character.bmp with the monster girl sheet. You probably need to edit it in GIMP first to add the monsters to the MG sheet that it doesn't have yet. Be sure to NOT save color space information.
Custom text is generally just for allies and is a DIY kinda thing. You need to make a custom talk file for them (somewhere in the user folder is an example sheet).

oh okay, thanks

Elona's development ceased years ago, elona+ isnt a mod but a the community is effort to pick it up and continue where it was left off. Completely standalone branch of the game

There are 2 kind of custom texts.
The first one is if you 'i'nteract with your ally and select "teach word". You will be able to input a phrase, the character will then proceed to randomly say that phrase while playing. You can teach them several words this way but im not sure how you can make them stop saying them.

The other method is using a file on the User>Talk folder.
There is a sample file there, using that you can get characters to say specific lines depending on situations. A welcome back greeting when you come back home, another line for when you put or remove a leash on them, for when you use the Rub skill, death messages, proud victory messages, a line for when they aggro an enemy, etc.
I dont remember how you are supposed to import it. I remember reading documentation for it long ago, i need to find it.

I FOUND IT
Interact with them and select 'Change Tone'. This will open a menu that shows all the txt files on the /user/talk folder, and an option to use the default one. Choose the one you made or wanted to test, and done.

So I was looking into OpenHSP and apparently it has some form of android support. Could it perhaps be viable to port Elona to android?
github.com/zakki/openhsp/blob/master/package/win32/readme.txt

No. but you need elona+ to use elona custom which is further translated and has neat features.

it wouldn't be a good idea. A full keyboard is necessary to play it properly, or at least far more conveniently.

How many herb farms does Holla Forums have?

eh… ok

I only remember the shooter flash.

It's hard at first until you know a bit more about the game and it does get frustrating quite fast.
But persevere and you'll be rewarded with a pretty cool game.

For starters, it's fairly easy to kill a lot of mobs in the start of the game, but you'll find a few that will give you trouble like the orcs.
It also depends a lot on your build. (post it so we can give you advice)
And if you encountered Slimes so far (like in a quest in the first town), they might have degraded your equipment. See if there's any -1 in their name.

If you want food, the fast and easy way is to visit an Inn and ask for it. It will be sold cheaply and fill you up. This is not a good option.
The other is to visit a General Vendor and buy Travelers Rations. These take no space in your inventory (they go to your cart) and can fill you up, even automatically as you travel around the world. But unless you have Elona Custom, you can't eat them inside dungeons.
This is also not a good option.

A good option is to (B)ash trees that have fruits on them and pick up what falls down. Chestnuts and other herbs can be eaten too, Stomafilia instantly fills you up. Corpses of mobs are good too.
An even better option is to get the Cooking Skill and prepare food with the fruits and meat you pickup or uncooked materials you buy from a Baker.

These are better options because your Stats growth depends a lot on what you eat, the Inn and Travelers Rations contribute nothing but everything else does, like fish for Dex, fruit for charisma, etc. Check the wiki.

Just get enough Platinum and buy the skill, then practice everytime you can. Carry portable cooking tools with you until you can carry something better and make food for your whole party.
I always make diner for everyone whenever I get back to town.

Did you by any chance pick the snail race?

You can get a really good weapon early on by killing the Vanity in Vernis, he is really weak and the weapon he drops is explosively good.

Dreams are the most random things. It helps to have high luck or equipment that protects you from nightmare curses and such.
I have had dreams that taught me spells like pocket dimension and even fucking wishes. Once again, luck WAS one of my starter traits which i kept upgrading later on

Eating herb infused curaria is the best way to increase stats.

This many.

The taxes must be murderous.

How many pets are you able to sustain off that?

For new players

Bonus: island/continent you will never even reach anyway probably

Well, here's the usual amount hauled in after one harvest, and how the individual crops look, on average, from their highest to lowest yield. which is still quite pitiful even with a 1060 garden skill and having 20 regeneration gems. It would still take too long to build up all the 13 pets I'm currently managing, so I narrow it all down to focusing in on just one at a time until they're fully maxed out.

If you kill those wandering salesmen do you get to keep their shit?

Never tried it, i do know their guards are quite strong, not as weak as the pirate gangs. So i never bothered

You kill them they drop a case. Every time you access the case you lose like 20 karma. So it better be really good if you attempt to nig them.

Nest, maybe Ill try robbing one someday. Also I noticed that there are some feats not on the wiki, anyone know what they do?

I really like this game but I wish it had more in-depth town stuff. Like, I want to be the baron of a village and hire guards, defend against invaders, deal with random events, ect. Seems like a town management thing was planned but got left behind.

I think they are working on some of it. I read something on the recent patch notes about werewolf voting. Sometimes a person in a town is actually a werewolf in disguise, if you suspect someone you and other townspeople vote on it. If you get it right AND most of the votes, they get executed. More people will copy your vote if you have a high reputation or if you there was a recent murder by the werewolf.

Seems kinda cool but I'm talking enough depth that'd managing a town/castle could be a full-time job if you really wanted to commit to it.

Quick question:
If you had a juice machine, and juiced all that shit.
Then gave it all to a pet (since juices don't fill them up but still raise stats), would that give them the massive increase in stats that I think it would?

I don't have a build really, don't know enough yet. I just finished my first dungeon so a long way to go.
I'm saving up platinum now to get some skills.

By build, people mainly mean:
And wether or not you want to pick up magic.

Yeah, sure, but the only downside would be how much more potential they'd have to burn through until they're sated. So unless your carrying enough potential potions to drown out Derphy or your pets have enough money to train with in town, you'd probably see some serious loss in their attribute potentials.

Is there no easy way to do this?
Can you farm rubynus ore and give them it or something like that?

But just a quick reminder though; ywn be able to juice herbs anyway.

200k and over kitty banks, high level dungeon rewards, harvest spell, and that new give option if your playing in custom, are amongst the best ways to supply gold to your pets.

You usually pick a class based on something you want to do and a race to complement it with stats\skills, that's your "build", mainly.
As in, if you want to fling spells, you can theoretically use anyone and anything, but you're probably gonna start with a Wizard instead.
Depending on what class you chose, there are different things to keep in mind and play as that work better than others, not to mention your class passive effect.

Then there's the weapon you pick, that should reflect a stat you want to improve as well and offer something interesting to compliment your build.
For instance, of all ranged skills, Throwing is an interesting one due to the status effects some weapons have and how it helps you throw potions at enemies better, if you're going with alchemy.

Oh! And most importantly, be sure to gene engineer the pickpocket skill into them to steal gold from monsters. They'll level that up real fast.

Actually, I kinda started out buying, farming and mining for ores myself, than I'd hand them all over to my pets, but after learning about merging them into sculptures with the pot of fusion, you'd actually gain more bang for your buck by doing so. Plus your pets always gain the fullest value for anything they sell in towns.

WHERE DO YOU GET COOKING FROM
I'm trying really hard to teach cooking to my little girl so she can finally cook me breakfast, but I have no idea who has that skill!
I don't care about extra arms, more heads or the ability to spit fire, I just want to teach my little girl how to cook for her sempai!

I believe mummies have cooking.

Yeah, mummies, and pretty much anything else from the zombie/undead race. Also rogue wizards, usually sold in Derphy's slave markets, are known for carrying the cooking skill.

Great, now I gotta stuff some old mummy on my loli.

Yeah, the wiki says as so but I've tried a few times and none had it so far.

Sometimes, depending on what monster you absorb, you'll have to clear the path for certain skills to come through by inheriting all the other skills your pet doesn't already have first.

Rogue wizards give cooking

Am I right in suspecting the guy called Afbear the werewolf?

I dunno if this has been expanded but I've often found someone in the village named "Tito the Werewolf", (different name than Tito, obviously).
You ask him if he's a Werewolf and he answers with "…" and sometimes you can call everyone to lynch him and he dies right there.
Other times, you can accuse other people and have them lynched instead. Not sure here but seems like you gotta ask a few people around before you can condemn someone.

I've also noticed that there's a reputation system that increases when you do quests for that village and the Elder has an aditional dialogue for that, but since I never managed to get enough points, I don't know what it does.

Those people are werewolves you can test it using shiva's whistle.
Reputation is incomplete and does do anything as far as i know

*doesnt

Alchemy and magic device go well together with throwing as well for example. Both of them increase the power of rods and potions, and after you get so far into one of them, you unlock the ability to use stamina instead of charges for rods (meaning infinite albeit slightly weaker versions of certain spells, without needing to buy spellbooks to read)

That fucking farming goddess is creeping me out. Is she going to kill me or something?

Kumiromi is male

thats a fucking guy? her portrait looks like a girl.

In any case, he said something about never letting me go but I skipped the dialogue too quickly. Does this mean that he might try to kill me in the future?

*his portrait
motherfuck.

Heathen.

Better watch your ass, user.

He wont kill you unless you attack him.

He and lulwy are probably the best gods for min maxing

Nah, Kumiromi is peaceful and cool. He's just a lonely broken boy. I feel bad for him tbh.

What the new custom added, also how the fuck do I upgrade a save file?

Look up the change log
Copy the save folder over to the new version's save folder.
Just run it and the game will update it.

I mean, I guess I could do that.
oh, thats easy as fug.

another question, what does the feat uncontrollable power do?

Gives you "fury", which makes you do more damage as well as take more damage. It also gives you a buff that increases your speed, strength, and perception, but lowers will and dexterity. You also get confused for a bit. It lasts for 30 turns, which is longer than rampage. The confusion can be dispelled by drinking a healing potion.

Neat, thanks user.

Yeah some of the detectives are more Cluzo than Sherlock

Oh fuck you're right. That's a werewolf detective, not just a detective.

Every time I think I can't love this game more, it shows me something new to love.

I originally planned to worship a different god but chose him by accident, and he ended up seeming so sad in general that I decided to stick with him. I want to protect that smile.

This might be a good moment to bring this up.
As of version 1.65 (maybe they added this earlier, i kinda jumped from 1.55 to 1.65) There is a new folder, called Graphic2 under the user folder. Its basically for adding 4 large portraits to an npc. Its the same as the regular portrait except that it changes with how they feel, like so

Neat.
I noticed you can mess with pet AI now, too.

I think thats an Elona Custom thing, unless they added it to the base game

Huh, I didn't realize that.
Still, it's a nice feature.

Alright so I managed to find a version of HOT SOUP PROCESSOR that managed to compile the source of Elona Custom 1.65 and I've begun translating/fixing shit. For example the spells section title in the character sheet was stuck in Japanese but I fixed that.

If you know of any other bugs/annoyances like that go ahead and post about them.

Question. in the ranch i can only have 1 breeder, and his offsprings become livestock to produce things and meat
What if i just use Summon Wild or Summon Monster to leave a bunch of creatures in there, do those produce items too?
Using the desk and trying to move livestock does indeed tag those npcs as livestock that you can move around, even if i cant talk to them nor do i get the usual text when rubbing with a brush.

How does monster scaling work? I thought it was level based like other games but I'm level 9 and nearly all enemies one shot this puppy dog.
Also what's up with the Mad Scientist companion he seems very weak.

Some dungeon bosses join you after defeating them.
Just a free companion, dont forget to give him equipment if you have to spare.
I dont remember how scaling works exactly, but i dont think its based on your level but on the area or quest involved, and some random encounters and rare spawns being based on your fame.

I think there's a mix there. Some areas are fixed in terms of level, but some others depend on your fame.
The requests you get and their difficulty for instance (as well their reward) vary on your fame, as well as the random encounters you get.

That puppy dog quest is a bitch, though. I think you can't Return or Escape with him at all and at this point I'm considering the option of using the Custom AI to make him run like a bitch instead.

Random dungeon levels are also based on highest dungeon level cleared.

I eventually got him out just seems like you need to be one shotting enemies before they can get the puppy and also getting lucky with the floor spawns.

In other news I got a winged snail companion (seemingly useless) and a laser pistol which is pretty cool.

Winged small makes a good ranch pet, I've heard.

There a way to unfuck the controls? It feels like Nethack plays better than this.

Whats wrong with it? it plays like every other roguelike

having to tab through each of the sub-menus is really bugging me, I can't just press d to dig for example

Try D instead of d

You can
'D' for dig. Thats capital d.
Press '?' and you can find a list for all the shortcuts.

Fuck me, is there a way to display all the hotkeys at all times?

Not really, but you will get used fast enough. Most of them are just the first letter of the word. Protip, the zero on the numpad can also be used to pick up things instead of using 'g'.
Pressing 7 or 9 on the numpad or tab also helps you scroll through the different submenus when you open your inventory or spells

So it's not a roguelike?

There is a difficulty setting for permadeath, and you can jsut choose to stay dead on the normal mode. It asks you if you want to crawl out of your grave with various penalties or to suck it up and start over.
Thing is, the game is NOT balanced for permadeath. You can go play hardcore mode with a snail character who gets instakilled by salt if you want, noone is gonna stop you.

So it's not a roguelike.

Suit yerself

oh a good tip i should mention
Potions of restore body and spirit are used to restore your stats, in case a debuff or something lowered them. HOWEVER, blessed potions of restore have the additional effect of INCREASING your stats by a percentage. And this lasts until something lowers them or until you die. This is a really good way to semi-permanently increase your stats and the stats of your pets. And since it is based on a % of your base stats, its a trick that scales nicely onto later levels.

It's just the +3 luck from it being made of mica.

The lack of permadeath and presence of an overworld map (though that, in my opinion, doesn't disqualify it at all) are the only real differences. It otherwise plays like your average roguelike.

That's also not saying there aren't rather harsh penalties for death, such as stat drops, losing a percentage (33%?) of your gold, and dropping items you had on you where you died all at once.

Anyone tried overdose?
I wanna see a lot of the content I'm missing, but the grind takes too long.
It's kinda fun because it's the sort of game I'll log 5 or 6 hours now and then doing random crap all over the place, but I don't think I'll clear Lesimas anytime soon on normal dificulty.

I've beaten Zeome once before, and only once. Elona really is a game you spend time mastering before you hit the wall that is Zeome.

You start to avoid the eyes of people.

I beat him in ~90 hours (including some long periods idling with the game open) and he really wasn't a challenge. The problem is what comes after. I don't doubt most of South Tyris would rape my shit in which case finishing Lesimas would be more or less pointless. Growth in this game is exponential and it's always going to be better long-term to put actually doing anything off and grind more.

Cooking is fun

Fuck me man, how do I get my shit back?

Where did you drop it?

Just in a dungeon
that may have been above my level but I just wanted to poke my head in and died by accident and then went in 3 more times to try and get my shit back but also died every time
You know, nothing crazy.

maybe use rod of teleports to get those guys away, or teleport yourself until you are close enough

What an excellent idea, I'm so glad I thought of it, genius and handsome user that I am. I as sure I would think of a way to sort this mess out. I'll be back to regal the tale of how my superior intellect saved the day.

Yes, cooking is definetely fun.

Well I got it back, but died 2 more times. I'll take this as a win.

Over-world travel ambushes are more difficult and appear more often if you have high fame, i believe.

I didn't know it had level scaling aside from obvious aspects like random encounters.

Pets cant cook on the latest elona+?
I gave the cooking skill to all my pets and i wake at the right time but they are not cooking

reeeeeeee

I had blankets but stuff still got destroyed. And I've never come across the proof liquid. Does investing in shops get better items or are you supposed to grind for stuff in dungeons?

Investing in shops makes them hold more and better items next time it restocks.

Dungeons are good too for finding items and reselling them, or just to find rare items for yourself. Early on its better to learn to recognize what is valuable but light, so you dont waste time burdening yourself with armor that weights too much but is weak and sells for almost nothing, when you could hoard books and scrolls or rods that sell for more and are more useful. Also, you need to fully identify an item to sell it at full price.

Here is a good tip: When you identify a book or rod, you will be able to permanently automatically identify any book or rods or scrolls of the same type. (you wont know if they are cursed or blessed tho)
Also, when you kill enemies sometimes they drop their eyes, skin, blood, bone, heart. These items sell for a nice amount once identified, but you only need to identify each type of item once. If you identify a Bone of Sheep, you will be able to sell at full price any other Bone type item that you find, even if its from another monster.

Also you should sell the bones, eyes, and blood before getting your shit identified, or you will be paying to ID that shit as well.

Another tip

Cargo of food doesnt rot, but it counts as cargo. And traveling with too much cargo attracts pirates. A good food alternative is to buy bread or sandwiches or any flour based food. Flour and and food made out of it does NOT rot, EVER. Same for candies made out of api nuts or acorns.

Round 2:

Can't wait to get back home and keep flailing around like a tard with my cute Loli.

Kill the guy with a hood in the cemetery, he drops good equipment

I just started a Lich Wizard myself. Probably going to level weight lifting until I can do the nuke gimmick though. Getting the Ether Dagger guaranteed for a pet is a huge deal when you can barely fight yourself.

See this guy?
He's not wrong, but he's still an asshole.

God dammit

WikiHow is seriously conflicting.

If your little girl dies, or any ally for that matter, you can pay gold to bring them back to life to one of the guys in the bar. The one with the piano on Vernis.

We are a happy family

I may have accidentally started an uncontrollable fire in Palmia. WHAT THE FUG DO I DOOOOOO

Just leave, the entire town will respawn. For extra fun release the giant in Noyle during the festival, The entire town becomes carnage.

Oh before you go see if the fire kills any card/figurine holders, they'll boost your museum rating far more than your random mob drops.

Towns are rebuilt once every few days. I think its 5 or 15 days, not sure. Dead npcs come back to life, walls are rebuilt, etc. Your relationship with the npcs is mantained however

So, I recently discovered that cyber snacks and the cyber dome junk food tend to increase character weight more than the other ones, despite not giving any stat boosts. Are there other ways to make my character fatter? I have loads of cursed candy and raw equipment that maintains and increase stats sitting in my shack but drinking potions and snow isnt efficient enough at countering anorexia for what Im planning.

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Soup_of_wonderland
I dont know how weight works. I only know that blessed milk will make you taller and that cursed milk will make you shrink, and that the soup will try to make you young and with normal-ish height/weight

I've tried doing that recently but I could only kill Lomias and get the Bow of Vinderre. I retried multiple times but could not kill the dagger woman.

How to increase learning, I've been dimmed one to many times.

Garden, use rods, cook.

Check'd

Leave and come back while it's raining.

Rolled my first wizard. I didn't ever think I be scared to see hermit crabs but here we are.

check the bookshelf too

One of the latest versions of Elona+ added an option where you can pay the trainer 3 platinum coins to train various spells. Not to train their potential, but to straight up level them up

Im a bit confused on the whole spell stock thing, I need to re-read spellbooks to replenish it or something?

Yep. It works like this:
You need mana to cast spells and stocks. Mana regenerates over time, and if you cast a spell that costs more mana than you have left (overcast) you can end up getting hurt from it. This is why failing to read a book while you have NO MANA left can kill you, because failure sometimes drains your mana.

And stocks. When you read a book, you get stocks of that spell. The higher the level of a spell, the less stocks it consumes. You can only get stocks from reading books, or going to bed and having a dream of a wizard who will teach you a random spell.
The purpose of this is so that you cant just learn a rare and OP spell once and just use it forever. You may learn a really powerful spell, but still be limited in how much you can use it before you need to restock it.

Ok, so keep a hold of my books in case I need a recharge. Sounds simple enough.

I have one more question, what does it mean when it says for your pets "so-and-so has grown up"?

Never had that message, but i guess it means it grew taller or something like that. I would say that it is about a skill or stat getting higher but i dont remember any of the messages for those being like that.

Or maybe they ate something that made them older, but i dont know many items that can do that.

They gained a level.

I never really expected the kind of carnage that would ensue just by simply having my loli
(well, former loli) train her tactics skill with acid-damaged raw equipment at the pet arena. Ya know, It always made me wonder if the organizers were actually engaged in any sorts of business on the side. Perhaps that explains why the arena's spectator barriers are never fully fortified.

also check'd

Kamikaze enemies are fun.

Little girls remain lolis forever (at least according to their card description)

Little girls, young ladies, little sisters, and older sisters are all of the lolan/roran race.

Also, I don't see it posted in this thread, so here's an alternate artstyle npc portrait sheet.

Can I use a rod of alchemy to make a rod of wishing?

Probably, but it would be very rare

You can set items as "precious" in the inventory screen to prevent them from being dropped when you die, if I'm not wrong.
Set your gear and important stuff to it.

Thats what that means? I thought that meant there was one and if you drop it, tough shit. I just got a monster heart from mias quest on my new wizard. I was doing one of those hunt quests and I saw a silver cat, I almost killed it until I remembered something about an npc wanting a kitty.
I booked it home after and dropped it there so I don't lose it but if its precious then I'll just keep it on me.

I thought it only prevented it from being sold or dropped by accident, not from death.

Only keeps them from being dropped or sold (I think it even hides it in the sell menu), you can still lose them on death, as I found out eventually.

Has anyone made some of these? They are pics you can drop in the Graphics2 folder in your user folder that can be used to "set the atmosphere" with your pets and change their face when you talk to them. It's neat since it has a normal state and 3 emotions (as far as I know), it changes during normal gameplay (when you see those little icons above them) and even EvoChat.

I made a really shitty set with Tsukimi since it was the only character I could find 4 different face pics for (and finding her smiling was a damn chore), if anyone has made more of other characters, please upload too.

Oh, that was it. I'm wasn't completely sure if it prevents it on death. I'd check the wiki or forums if I were on a pc.

Few questions:
Don't know how you people are reaching 4 digit stats, the grind becomes really bad around 150ish stats unless I'm doing something wrong.
And yes keeping it all at superior levels/herbing what I can, but I feel I'm probably massively handicapped because I'm trying to ignore the existence of the 'god' characters for in-character reasons, is there a way around the worship nonsense to get the extremely useful things like the herb gems of regen?
Those seem far too necessary to be playing in post-North Tyris in a reasonable time limit.

Lastly, can I safely upgrade to the newer Elona + from 1.40ish?

I updated from 1.55 to 1.65 with no problems, its worth trying. Make a copy of your save file before updating and test if everything works fine. I cant remember if its recommended to save outdoors or in towns/home before updating, but i think it doesnt matter because the latest versions causes a distraphofism or whatever its called right away to add a new area near Vernis

please just fucking kill me

Don't suppose you have a screenshot of the new location? Just to make sure it's not somewhere I placed my house/other stuff.

Here

What does it do?

Its supposed to be a tutorial area of sort, with books and npcs explaning some things on further detail.
But its untranslated for now. From what i read on the patch notes they are considering leaving it as is or expanding it a little more.

Also, there is a toilet which works as a fountain. On my first visit there my pets decided to drink from it and it ended summoning some strong monsters, managed to kill them before they could kill any npc tho

Much appreciated.

Which human npc would you fug?
Which monster npc would you fug if they were a monster girl instead?

Is Martial Arts + Continuous Attacks a good combo?

Sheena, of course. Then I'd take her panties.
A putit.

You can get a slimegirl pet if you evolve a slime.

That's good to know.
Although…
Wouldn't you melt your dick off if you tried to fug one?

you underestimate how much effort i put into editing my sprite sheet and the sprites of all my companions

Do people really go out of their way to turn every single enemy into a monster girl? I never got the point of that. I mean yeah monster girls are hot and all but I mean what's wrong with just plain old monsters? Besides don't you guys feel bad killing your waifus?

I only turned some rare monster into waifus, there are quite a few sprite sheets out there that go overboard and turn every single character into an anime reference. Like changing all bards into hatsune mikus and such, to the point where not only does it lose its charm but you cant even tell what there were supposed to be anymore.

Also, some waifus like getting beat up.
Or being used as breeding sows in a farm and getting milked

I also married a cat. Not a cat girl, just a plain black cat

Yes, though it probably makes more sense to only use the female sprites for that.
Feels overboard to use the ones that share the sprites between genders.
That leads to dumb "Succubus(Male)" memeage.

Are there any sex mods?

you dont need to mod it

It's already easy enough to add and switch sprites.
Sex is already included, but it's not visual.

Considering everything in the game is capable of speaking and reproducing with you if they're non-hostile it makes more sense than the original spritesheet.

I just lost my level 70 something save(was in south tyris).
I did guns on it, what is a fun build I could try?

mage with high chr, make your army of genetically engineered cute girls and fling spells from behind with no sense of collateral damage!

Liches may be the best race at magic, but they also have pretty good perception. This means(U+200B was here) you can do a guns/magic hybrid build. Guns only depend on two skills, so it's easier to level up than a melee hybrid.

what if I don't wanna do magick tho?

scythe wielding edgelord or punch shit to death.
Or spears.
What should I wish for, I just got a second one

On the melee side of things, there's mutants who can quad-wield (but they get a speed penalty), and martial arts. There's no overstating that martial arts is a total pain to level up, but you can use jiu jutsu (swaps enemy's DV and PV) and unlike weapons, your fisrs scale up to 255d255 hit dice.

Farmer who dreams of becoming a musical sensation! Of course you can't learn preforming.

Seven league boots and happy bed are essential. Then maybe aurora rings and speed rings. After that I find wishes pretty useless. At that point I just wish for a new year's(U+200B was here) gift.

Already got me a bed, so boots it is. I'm sure I'll die and lose them before the week is out.

But yet it seems somehow managed to become the only exception to the rule.

I hadn't realized until somewhere around 400~500 stats that I'd finally hit somewhat of a plateau with my gains, and that was through just depending on herbed curarias the entire time. But then I learned this neat trick from this one user, that you can actually exploit the snowy/hard rain/etherwind weather by using your training machine (also works with skill books), and lift all your stats up indefinitely without ever getting bored, only until after the bad weather clears. which means next you should just keep on houzanha'n the living fuck outta Lumiest, then knock up those slutty Lulwy statues The effects of the training machine can also be further enhanced by keeping the Dumbbell of Opatos in your inventory; only obtainable by defeating Urcaguary on Lost Irva.
(soft caps at 720 stats, hard caps around 1100~1200)

Its understandable that you won't for RP reasons (have too many myself), but you can't get the rejuvenation gem without worshiping Kumiromi first. However, by completing the Demonstration quest given by the soldier in Eirel, she will reward you Kumiromi's statue, which you can use freely without having any religious alignments. You can also make duplicates from repeating the Little sister quests as well.

So you can just watch all those gains flow in, as you're busy training while eating herbed food and quaffing down some hard blessed PP in the meantime.

1.66 is out now as well. There is a custom port as well but it's unstable and crashes for now.

A bit on the womanlet side, but Talia keeps giving me this weird tingle every time I speak to her, some of the things she says just sound so cute to me for some reason. Unfortunately she already seems to be in a definitely not a lesbian relationship with someone at the moment. I'd just cuck Irma with an astral pen, but that would probably be a waste
Would definitely tentacle fug Great race of Yith gril with her own tentacles.

Can you change your character's sprite to a unique one like the NPCs? The character creation is kind of lacking to say the least.

Kind of?
I think your main character sprite NEEDS to be the animated one. Maybe you can change it to be a static one with a mirror.
You can also use a mirror to choose wether you want equipment to show on your sprite, and which ones.
Worst case scenario you could always make your own sprites for accesories/clothes for the character creator. Personally i like just letting the equipment show, and doing what i can with dyes. I need to make a cool portrait however

I'm too stupid to do any of that stuff sadly. Oh well can you recommend any good character creator mods I can download instead? Also just realized I responded to you on accident in my last post.

Just checked, mirror only lets you set wether or not equipment shows. You can change your appareance in game whenever too, not only during character creation. If that helps

I dont know of any mods sadly. There were a few sprite packs back then for it but many were outdated, and now they are spread all over pixiv and shit.
One trick some people do is to make a normal sprite sheet for a character, then using that as a body file and then keeping all other accesories and clothes empty, and turning off equipment too. I may have some of those, need to check

Ok i did find a few, you would need to crop and rename them yourself however

Last ones

Oh wow so those are all player sprites? That's pretty cool. Do you know any Etrian Odyssey ones out of curiosity? Also how do I go about cropping them? I'm not sure how to crop it precisely enough so it perfectly fits.

What you want to do is go to the graphic>PCCs folder, and make them the same as the 'pcc_body_1' or 'pcc_body_2' files, but name them 3 or 4 or whatever. Then choose those as the bodies on the character creation.
Dont forget to change the file type to BMP

Oh okay. Where did you find these exactly?

I think i hoarded these from pixiv and maybe from the elona uploader site
elonaup.x0.com/sozai/ its a site where japs upload their custom sprites or graphics in general. They dont upload pccs often, usually its just static sprites and sometimes a txt file for making a custom npc but i dont understand those.

Searching Elona into pixiv will get you lots of shit quick, but even more disorganized

Can I jerk off to the sex? How detailed is the text for it?

For prostitution its just a mess of 'ohh' 'ahhhh' "Sarah the prostitute goes insane" '-1 karma'
For snu snu with your wife its a minigame of sorts where you try to climax at the same time as your wife by selecting options such as 'pat her head' 'snuggle closer' 'act like a spoiled child' 'kick her off the bed'

And then you sell the "bodily fluids" you find in your bed the next day.

There are also sandbags you can restrain npcs in.
If you are in to that.

LOLI HAREM!!

What's a good race to be a farmer in and get high charisma?
I got a farmer fairy but I want more muscle than magic right now.

Juere