Outside of games like Duke Nukem Forever can you guys think of a game that has a more troubled development cycle than...

Outside of games like Duke Nukem Forever can you guys think of a game that has a more troubled development cycle than this? This is all that comes to mind right now and its depressing.

Its genuinely insane the shit the team went through. Surprisingly they're still alive too with no reports of layoffs.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2017/01/09/rumor-scalebound-development-trouble-game-possibly-cancelled/
homefront.wikia.com/wiki/M9
imfdb.org/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are we not supposed to mention Spore too?

DNF was the only obvious one that came to mind. What happened with Spore?

EA

/thread

Whatever the fuck happened to Conker 2 and Bango Threeie that made it become that Mircopenis Hololens and Bango: Nuts and Bloodclots. And probably Starfox Adventures, there's gotta be trouble and fuckery involved for all these three to end up in the state they are currently in.

People who /thread their own posts are the biggest fucking faggot.

There was so much scrapped shit it was a completely different game.

Scalebound is kind of fascinating. You can tell from the debut trailer that several compromises between Platinum and Microsoft had already been made, from what little I've gathered, Kamiya wanted to make something pretty different but Microsoft wanted a really 'safe' Platinum game to put on the console, plus all of their investor funding bulletpoints.

I'd be interested to hear more about what went on behind the scenes. Kamiya meeting with Microsoft execs must have been a true sight to behold.

Every time I saw the footage I was getting the "Wayne's World on Network TV" vibe.

Microsoft seems to can any exclusive that looks even remotely promising, so it's not really surprising.

Wow I never saw the trailer and I see what you're talking about. Having played a bunch of "the platinum game" and a good many AAA lowest common denominator games I see the weird mashup that was that trailer.

I'm glad that was never released and yeah I'd want to see those meetings too because I'm sure Platinum/Clover had other contracts they didn't like but none they got pissed and canceled.

Can't wait to see how they'll fuck up with the release of the Scorpio.

There is a good image out there explaining how EA ruined spore.
One of the reason was that creationists didn't like how the game went full evolution so they had to cut some of that.
They also cut underwater and flying segments from the game.

AHhahaha those losers can't make a god danm thing pack of fucking retards.

Kamiya's original pitch was an Action RPG about a little girl riding dinosaurs. Tell me that doesn't sound cooler than anything they showed off.

I would say Destiny, even if they made tons of money.

It's sad that the co-op mode is actually insanely good, in that having teammates is worthwhile and you have to really work as a team to get shit done.

No content for almost a year since Iron Lords came out, and Destiny 2 is tightlipped and supposed to ship this year, and a lot of Bungie devs have jumped ship, because Activision is fucking retarded than Microsoft when it comes to executive decisions.

I unironically loved the drone in the first Homefront. I just wish they had picked a better enemy than the Norks of all people. Glad I never touched the sequel.

Did they ever say exactly why it was canned?

Is it just me or is the expression of those two when he changes the gun is "Oh shit nigga, wtf are you doing?"

nichegamer.com/2017/01/09/rumor-scalebound-development-trouble-game-possibly-cancelled/

They chose to focus on their games and IPs instead.

rip

The whole weapon changing shit caused physical pain when I saw that shit.

nuBungie only cares about making memes. Rise of Iron came out last september, right? I heard that they're gonna add another list of challenges this month that I bet will be as bad as the december stuff that only rewarded people who are max level/doing raids (like the year 3 Ice Breaker for example). I've seen people who were happy about it because Bungie has promised some rewards that would be in the next game (I bet it will be a bunch of useless shit like banners and shaders).

and people with ID dubs get them checked

Its still technically a better game by being a Far Cry 3 clone instead of a CoD clone but the wasted potential and development hell is so obvious in Homefront 2. I dont remember the premise of the original besides Kim Jung Un taking over when his father died, uniting lots of Asia and the US going to shit, but Revolution took things in a completely opposite direction.

Never tried the co-op, is it dead?

Mostly although you do still get games occasionally.

This is checkmate

I will continue to not understand this. When we get lasers and shit that will be an objectively better fueled weapon source, and the fact that you can just change out the gas cartridge means less round dropping all over battlefields. It even looks cool, why the fuck do games with science guns stop at design and still go for bullets? In fact, it'd be kinda cool to have the one guy who still uses a gun that carries bullets and you get his gun and it's super shit, but he was so good that he made it work. Even something like a guy who wears bullets on his armor just for aesthetic and as a show that bullets have become ornamentation instead of a weapon source. Trico gets a gun and it feels more futurey than most games with future settings.

I think it went even worse when they introduced the sidearms in Year 2, I mean the player already had a handgun as a main weapon, why would they add a sidearm as a secondary/special weapon?

Just read what they did to Rare and you'll get a good picture.

Cause making interesting and unique weapons is beyond devs these days?

That probably wouldn't look so bad if the pistol was only based on the Glock or 1911. Both have a large carbine conversion markets. Why do Devs love desert eagles so much? It's more realistic to put 1911s in games. SWAT teams, navy seals, marines and FBI HRTs still use 1911s.
homefront.wikia.com/wiki/M9

imfdb.org/wiki/Homefront:_The_Revolution

does it count if it's an mmo that became troubled over the course of it's life due to development during the game being live?

Yes

What the last one?

all*

They cut a lot more than that m9

We'd be here discussing literally every game on the fucking planet if that was the case.

Every time

jurassic park trespasser

Megaman Legend 3, fucking capcom

Aside from EA jewry, the dev team split into two factions one wanted to make a game that was much closer to simulations like SimEarth while the other wanted a casualized, cartoony toy game. The latter essentially sabotage the former and won out in the end, leading to the Spore we now know.

I'm really upset about this. Despite knowing the next Bungie game was going to be shit as it would be published under Activision, the more I hear about the development from leaks as well as internal politics at ActiBungie, the more I realize how good the game could have been, and how it was all wasted.

They cut Joseph Staten's original story because it was "too complex." ie: you needed to have an IQ greater than 60 to get it. They FIRED Marty because Paul McCartney was a little faggot that hated having Marty overshadow in musical talent, not to mention Jason Jones has gone on record as being jealous of Marty being so popular and responsible for Halo's success. They cut House of Wolves and The Dark Below from the main game and repackaged it as DLC, along with pieces of The Taken King. Oh, they also cut pieces of The Taken King for Destiny 2.

Activision is a cancer. Bungie was never the pinnacle of game design, but Marathon, Myth, Oni, and Halo were all solid games. To see them jew so hard with Destiny is saddening.