Pay to win

Explain pay to win fags

It isn't hard, friendo.

such games are for the lowest common denominator and people like that should not be engaged with

Anything non-cosmetic in the shop= pay2win. If part of the fun is locked behind a paywall or a week of grind that you can skip by paying, then it is pay2win. You pay you get fun. You don't, you have to waste tons of time.

There are degrees of this:

All tiers are pay2win, some are more tolerable than others. The lower the tier, the more people will claim that it is not pay2win, but those are merely deluded people with more time on their hands.

And let's not forget this basic rule:

shit taste , shit thred fellow redditor

This chart is old but sums it up perfectly.

Pay to win is paying for something that puts you at an advantage. It's not that fucking hard to understand.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

All of my disgust.

Needless to say we aint friends anymore

ebin meme, libtard

Your image already said it all
Nobody with a brain would endorse pay to win. So, nothing to discuss.

Is that from SA or neogaf?

It says 'the Escapist' in the pic.

Everyone on Holla Forums is agreed on this shit.

Except for that one complete faggot that thinks EXP boosts aren't P2W. Dumb nigger.

You used my shitty OC.

Pretty much. Anything that gives you an advantage over the opponent is p2w.

WHO ARE YOU

Have you seen the amount of warframe/world of tanks/assfaggot goys that we have here ?

It's amazing how many faggots I've heard make the excuses on the left.

Companies want more money then they'd get from ten bux a head a month for subscriptions, so they make a game easier to play for money spent into it and wait for retards to throw all their cash away on digital items and power. The depressing thing is, it works.

I could see some reasoning what mean EXP boost ain't PTW, but they're not very good.

Overall, it's PTW if you can pay to, at least in my opinion, pass over another player what's put in the same time.

Yeah but even they admit that it is cancer, deny they spend money we all know they do and have the sense to feel shame for it. Except the DOTA2 fags. For some reason they seem to think they aren't cancer for playing a MOBA.

I remember that fuckfest. Good times.

I'll play devil's advocate here for a moment.
F2P games at least let you play large portions of the game without paying. Retail games won't even give you a heavily capped demo to try before shelling 60 trumps.
And for me that comparison is the most important silver lining between f2p and p2w (but not the only factor):

Holla Forums's definition of f2p is "I want the very same experience of someone who pays for whatever in the game", which means that little incentive to pay leads to an underfunded game. Plain and simple. Who works on a game for scraps, specially when autists like us examine every nook and crank to avoid the need to tip even 5$ for the game?

The BEST example of a f2p game that managed to work under those parameters is Dwarf Fortress. And look at how it still is today, after years in development. I love the game, god knows I do. But the reason it doesn't get more frequent updates and a better polish is the lack of money. It pains me to know that if some day in the future DF attracts the attention of a publisher that decided to give it an upgraded paid version with better UI, graphics, and frequent updates (while maintaining the current version of the game free) retards across the internet would be up in arms screaming
SELLOUT
tl;dr: Not everybody is a neet like you, some people work for their money. If you play a f2p game and have some fun, why not unpocket some money? after all, I know you paid for shit AAA "games" at least in some point in the past, maybe even recently no point in lying on an anonymous image board

Toady makes 4.5 grand a month off Dwarf Fortress. And that's just on Patreon, he may well make more in separate donations as well. That's a lot of fucking money.

Try again, this time with a real argument.

You have no idea what it means to carry on a big scale project or a company. Even a small one. That kind of money might be great for him as an individual. But can he pay for a team of artists? More coders? Almost every worker in the game development industry is a qualified one, who won't work for minimum wage.
Face it, with that budget all we'll ever get is the same ascii graphics /UI for god knows how many years. All we've done is keep him in a confort zone. If he had any ambitions to make his game greater, he'd move his ass and try to take DF to the big leages.

It is literally just one guy & occasional help from his brother, you idiot. That's all he needs.

Imagine someone works for 10$/h, 8h/day. On a month of 22 work days, that poor person makes 1760$.

Now suppose Toady lives a frugal lifestyle. He'll make do with just that same amount of money. Now he has enough money left to pay ONE more minimum wage worker to help him out. And still have 980$ left, to pay for office expenses. WHAT A TEAM!

That's my point you burger flipper. Without f2p practices, we'll never get big projects. People love to shit on games like warframe, that play and look like a (I hate to say it like this) "proper" game. But shit costs money, if anyone really wants to play an entirelly free game, then DF is the best they'll ever get.

To be honest wow lvl 100 is reachable in 1-2 days.

You can compare it to p2p. You can play a bit without stash tabs but you will need to pay for them sooner or later. Trading(selling) is all but impossible without premium stash tabs.
Basically subscription. But you hate to pay for all previous months of the game.

If I can't buy your game outright and be on a level playing field with everyone else you can get fucked, this includes but isn't limited to:
micro-transactions
pre-order bonuses
exclusive anything

Should have called it free trial instead of free to play.
if they called it a free trial there would be no issue.
WoW has a free trial that limits free players, we don't call that game pay to win.
LoL pretends that its free to play while limiting players and putting them at a disadvantage.

You know there's a dev trying to shill a trash freemium game on our front page right now?

We should also consider Pay to (continue) Play.
What does this mean?
There are some "free to play games" that will give the player an allotment of a certain resource per hour or per day. This resource is needed to further oneself in the game. The pay part comes when someone burns through that resource, wants to keep playing, and thus is given an option to pay to get way more of it and then continue.

Spiral Knights did this.
Candy Crush did this with lives.
In fact, lots of mobile phone games will do this sort of thing.

That's not how ASSFAGGOTS work though

It jus' werks.

Daily reminder that arcade games are pay to win in the truest sense of the phrase where you literally buy extra lives, but fags here still unironically defend them.

I don't think anybody here defends the jewing in those cases, like unwinnable situations in arcade games. I'm reminded of carnevil where a bullet sponge enemy with machineguns guns down most of your health with no way to avoid taking damage. Arcade games mostly got away with them because they where for children and they came out when consoles and PC's weren't a norm.

whats crossifre?

chink cs clone

What? Just because your servers have tons of concurrent connections doesnt make the game an MMO. Fuck, TF2 is closer to that

Mmo is a code word

For what? Allegiance for the jews?

I have a guilty story.

Realm of the Mad God.

Jesus. Christ. I've never seen such a total fuck up in my life.

Dungeon fighter online has surpassed wow ? What the fuck?

I'm honestly surprised MapleStory still makes enough to be high enough on this list. Hasn't it been bleeding players since Big Bang? Actually, how does Wow still make money? Old players continuing to pay for their accounts thinking they may go back but never end up doing so? Both MMOs are long past their peak and I've heard many of their maps are empty because of the lack of players.

Microtransactions = pay to win
No exceptions.
And yes paid cosmetics are p2w too, since visual customization is gameplay, and hiding any aspect of gameplay behind pay wall = p2w.

It's practically Nexon's highest grossing game.

You don't have a medical license.

no

This is why you never listen to anyone the web ever. That applies twice as much if that someone is coming from an image-board or plebbit.

Спасибо доктор

fucking star trek online