When is this "wireless" fad going to fucking end so we can go back to functional controllers that don't need to be...

When is this "wireless" fad going to fucking end so we can go back to functional controllers that don't need to be charged separately from the system?

Short answer: Never.
Long answer: You can plug your controllers into the console to charge them, moron.

Buy a 20ft USB cable.
There's your wired controller.

Are you fucking retarded?

Buy a PS2 controller or The Duke and grab an adapter.

Well yeah, he's posting on Holla Forums

You can a controller plugged into the console via USB

This is why arcade sticks are the best.

Good question, and reminds me that I finally need to change the batteries on my Xbox controller after ~150hrs of Dark Souls…

Take this and save your soul.

It's shit, fam.

Rumble is shit, fam.

lol sonycucks

Just plug you ps4 controller into your ps4. Boom. Problem fixed. It even decreases input lag, at least it did on ps3.

Now go create another retarded depressing angry whine thread. Or maybe, go fucking outside in the sun.

You're not even using that term or meme right. The user just doesn't like rumble in controllers and it isn't like getting a controller with a rumble is difficult these days

You dumb fucking niggers.

rumblefags, everybody.

To be fair most modern games require shit for reaction time. Still, you're not wrong that they're dumb niggers if they don't understand why it could be a problem in a lot of genres.

It's not a controller made by SONY, you cunt.
The only thing I can't dig with the XBO controller is where the D-Pad is. Otherwise, it's a pretty good pad. Better than the DS4, because the D-Pad is shit on that one.

No, I'm using it right. He has a shitty gook controller that doesn't have rumble, which is the only reason he's shitting on force feedback. Like my faggot friend as a kid whose mom wouldn't buy him a dualshock, so he would just make shit up about rumble making it harder to play because it hurt your hands.

Gay.

if you plug in your controller it will transmit its shit through the wire

at least the ps3 functioned like that

Rumble is legitimately a gimmick.

The DS4 is awful in many respects
The gimmick touchpad that no game uses as anything other than an extra button, the placement of the gimmick touchpad forcing them to put the home button right next to one of the sticks, the cancer share button, and the fact that it's a controller built for ants

Current hardware gimmicks:

Tasteful rumble is perfect for subtly providing feedback to the player. It can be implemented in a gimmicky manner, but force feedback itself is not a gimmick.

But it's bigger than the Xbone pad. Do you use a USB modded Duke, user?

No nigger, it's a gimmick, full stop. Gimmicks can be used well, but that doesn't stop them from being gimmicks.

You're making the affirmative claim that rumble is a gimmick.

It is up to you to prove your claim.

Cry harder, Luddite.

Wait, is this true for PS4? If so, couldn't you destroy people in whatever online games it has by turning a small skill gap between you and them into a major advantage?

Is the rumble being used as an invisible sensor etc to give you game info that you can't see, say it rumbles as a form of radar when you're close to an object?

Not a gimmick

Is it just being used to go BRRRRRRRT whenever there is an explosion on screen?

Full gimmick

It's a self-evident claim. As evidenced by your inability to refute it. Look, it's great rumble made you realize you were gay and love anal sex, but that doesn't mean it's not a cheap gimmick that does very little for 90% of games outside of "WOAH BRO IT FEELS LIKE I'M THERE ONLY NOT BECAUSE IT'S JUST TWO WEAK LITTLE MOTORS IN MY CONTROLLER SHAKING MINI-WEIGHTS!!!!".

So 90% of the time gimmick? To me that means gimmick, much like Islam not being a religion of peace because there are some Islamic grandmothers.

Most modern controllers send input over the wire if you connect over USB.

Holyshit YHWH is real.

On the subject of rumble fags. Rumble is annoying as fuck, and probably reduces the lifespan of a controller.

Not actually correct, it can (in poor quality controllers) knock connectors loose, but in generally rumble motors aren't taxing on controllers.

Magic nose goblins, god, etc.

Wow, you are full on retarded. I guess you "checkmated" me.

Well what I'm referring to is the cheaper cheaper ones, chinashit.

360 controllers don't. Really pissed me off. I wanted to just plug in my old wireless controller with it's charge wire to my computer and emulate games.

I was half shitposting, mind the sage.

Wired ones do
More comfortable and light, no batteries, long wire, better sticks
Buy one now that they are at 20

I actually did, unless you're able to prove your claim. Pleasure shitposting with you, lad.

Well, here's something to mind if you buy a really really cheap controller with rumble motors if an input suddenly starts stuttering, you might need to pop it open and fuck around in there.

Yes, but we are discussing wireless controllers with chargers. Follow the conversation faggot. I already bought a wired one.
Maybe, but the old one have has a completely broken D-pad. My wireless ones don't.

You do realize Dualshock 3s and 4s actually have a non-wireless USB mode right? You don't even need blutooth to play either or those on PC. Although I think they're the only controllers like this

Xbone also does that. and I think (not entirely certain on this so don't quote me) there's a driver for the 360 controller floating around so you can connect it with the play and charge thing.

Maybe for worthless games. I like being able to use it like a mouse in games that find something to do with it. I'm not in love with Sony by any measure, if only because of the number of PS2s I had to go through, and dealing with Sony's hyper-hebe warranty service (get fucked, buy a new one), but the controller's not bad. Parallel analog sticks make twin stick shooters better. The share button is just easymode for recording gameplay segments and screenshots. Fuck having a Fecesbook account or using Twatter (at all) with that shit, though.

I don't think masturbation is gay, user. Unless you're sticking a dildo up your ass.

That's exactly right.
If absence of refutations are proof of the contrary, then everything that can't be refuted or hasn't been refuted now is true, therefore God, the Spaghetti Monster, unicorns, aliens, and invisible dicks up your anus are all real.

ice cubes

warframe powers. flick up for 1, flick down for 2, flick left for 3, and flick right for 4. push on it to display the map.

gravity rush 2, flick up for lunar power, flick down for jupiter. flick left or right for normal mode.

its not crazy useful, but its convenient to add a few buttons.

well maybe he doesn't want bluetooth 9.0 with gyroscopic HD rumble and high precision trackpads. Maybe he want his controllers to cost 20/30 dollars/euros like in the old days, instead of 60-80. I know I would prefer it