Re-Volt/RVGL Thread

Old school RC combat racer with high modifiability, small size, and it runs on potatoes. What else could you ask for?
RVGL is a reiteration of the game using code base from the Xbox Live version's leaked source, and using modern open source components instead of old proprietary systems.
"Free as in freedom"fags, sorry, it's not open source yet. The "intellectual property" is also owned by a Worst Korean f2p mobile phone shovelware cashgrabbing company that already tried to screw over the devs twice, so it might take a while.
To play multiplayer, just host a server, or join someone else's using their IP address.
Host may need to open the port 2310 or port range 2300-2400 and run the game with -nop2p as a launch option for best results.

And how am I going to get the game then?
This is the game's win64 version in it's entirety, with previously Dreamcast exclusive content included (also in other packages): files.catbox.moe/itozjg.7z
Still running 32-bit Windows, or want a timewaster at work with outdated computers? files.catbox.moe/7empzy.zip
If you are on GNU+Linux, use this link instead (everything is lowercase to mind yous): files.catbox.moe/q06j0u.gz
It's a perfect game to put on USB drives, as it is portable.
Missing out on DC stuff? Download this and extract it to the root folder of the game: rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rvgl_dc_pack.7z
If you already have the game, just apply one of the following patches to it depending on what operating system you're running. Also as simple as extracting to the root folder of the game.
x64 Windows: rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rvgl_17.0215a_win64.7z
x86 Windows: rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rvgl_17.0215a_win32.7z
GNU+Linux: rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rvgl_17.0215a_linux.7z

And what if I want to mod the game?
You should check out Re-Volt Zone. It's chock full of cars and tracks.
On www.themeandme.de there's over 200 cars, and the collection is still growing.
If you just want a good pack of tracks or cars, look no further.
files.re-volt.io/packs/tracks.7z
files.re-volt.io/packs/cars.zip
BUT I WANT DRIFTAN TO THE EUROBEAT
Got you covered. The AI can't drift, so they can't pick the cars.
files.re-volt.io/packs/drifttracks.zip
files.re-volt.io/packs/driftcars.zip
All packages have quality control beyond my reach.

I want to know more, where the fuck can I find more about this?
You can check out Our ReVolt Pub and re-volt.io.

PROTIP: Enter CARNIVAL and TRACKER in the name entry field for a temporary boost.

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/69nrhx.7z
re-volt.io/downloads
d.filebox.moe/iwtmmyj.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmao what is this

I love Revolt

the game would have been better without the power ups
prove me wrong fags

Thanks a million, user. ReVolt is fun as hell.

revolt is shovelware, why the fuck are you playing it?

How in the hell that happened in the first place ?

It was as a result of WeGo Interactive's buyout of various RC related IPs in 2010 from Throwback Entertainment, which got Re-Volt and RC Revenge in the first place from Acclaim's rotting corpse back in 2006, along with a fuckton of other titles.
First they tried selling it on GoG with the community made 1.2 patch (this was worked on before RVGL, see rv12.revoltzone.net) without making ANY contact with its developers, which was then within the week removed from the store by request. Then they made a korean f2p jewry "sequel" to the game in 2014, and another one in 2016. Their mobile release of the original game in 2013 at least it had the gameplay somewhat intact when I tried it, but it does have a cash shop. At least RVGL fucking exists.

I want to play.

Races tomorrow?

Do we have a private server or something ?
That would be nice

There's no dedicated servers, so every game is hosted by players. Anyone can host a game really easily. Any custom cars and tracks have to be manually downloaded by each player to ensure players don't crash or just don't get in-game in case they don't have car X or track Y, because there's no content downloading. Dedicated server software would be real nice though.

Would anyone be up for hosting some Re-Volt right now? I have problems with my ISP being a shit.

bunp

Does Holla Forums ever play vidya?

It's not, fuck off idiot.

188.67.95.4 for mp action

download the tracks and cars packs in the op, extract the contents to game's root folder

What is this garbage?

bump

cant host or connect to others
ports open
-nop2p added
windows firewall off
no av

I can host.

In case you were wondering.

get in here we're waiting faggot

these people are fucking retarded

rip to this game then kek

race war when?

whats up /ita/

New pack of cars, right here. They're mostly different skins for existing cars from arcade version and dreaded mobile version, but hey, at least there's variety. Extract to the root of the game as always. Size is 115 MB uncompressed.
files.catbox.moe/69nrhx.7z
Loonix users may need to run fix_cases.

How the fuck do i fix the controller sensivity?

It had been a while since I tried a fun instance of genres I suck shit at, much appreciated OP. My internet and skills are too shit to even try and host/join a network race though.

Does anyone want to play multiplayer? have some high quality pics.

fite me online fucker, see what happens.

doesn't work

ran fix_cases?

I see your problem
you have a 64 bit os right? slap lib64's contents inside lib

I'm not loonix savvy

cp: 'lib/lib64/libGLEW.so.2.0' and 'lib/libGLEW.so.2.0' are the same file
cp: 'lib/lib64/libenet.so.7' and 'lib/libenet.so.7' are the same file
cp: 'lib/lib64/libunistring.so.2' and 'lib/libunistring.so.2' are the same file
didn't work

didn't work

You're trying to paste a file into itself.

fuck me, nevermind
install following libs
# Debian / Ubuntusudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0 libsdl2-image-2.0-0 # requiredsudo apt-get install libglew1.13 libopenal1 libenet7 libunistring0 # recommendedsudo apt-get install libvorbisfile3 libflac8 libmpg123-0 # optional# Arch Linuxsudo pacman -S --needed sdl2 sdl2_image # requiredsudo pacman -S --needed glew openal enet libunistring # recommendedsudo pacman -S --needed libvorbis flac mpg123 # optional# Fedorasudo yum install SDL2 SDL2_image # requiredsudo yum install glew openal enet libunistring # recommendedsudo yum install libvorbis flac mpg123 # optional

did you also run setup

neverending suffering

Actually, I think you don't need to download the game again.

RVGL just killed my X server.

Please visit re-volt.io/downloads if you want to make it work on linux.

is there an option to run in windowed mode from the command line

-window width height

it just werks

don't forget protips

what protips nerd?

venice top tier track

I downloaded all of the packs and put them into the game's files, then compressed everything. The game's version is the win64 one.
d.filebox.moe/iwtmmyj.7z

i tried downloading it but it says can't save profile settings

You're right. The fix is making a folder named "profiles" in your game's root, the game won't make it on it's own and i didn't put it on the zip because i didn't want my profile in the zip. I'll reupload in a sec.

oh good, everything's ok.

MULTIPLAYER RIGHT NOW

coming

You hipsters amaze me, playing a shitty game your age just because you want to be snowflakes

i played it for the first time today and it's pretty bad. But you have to get used to it. You're basically forced to ditch everything but weight and change the settings for the handling, since the standard ones are shit.

What do you have them set to? Cause jesus fuck this is twitchy. And it's very much an old school game that loves telling you to go fuck yourself. Limited re-tries, difficult AI, an item that fucks you up unless you crash into someone. I have this on the N64 and never got that far and I've beaten a few Ridge Racer games.

i'm still trying to find a good steering setting, but lower of at least 50% the steering range helped a lot. It almost controls like a normal car.

*lowering

How do I do that with a keyboard? Is that even possible?

You should have a controller kicking about. It's easy enough to set up one.

Also I've been going through the championships but I'm not unlocking as many cars as I should. I remember there being some requirements to get some cars (because fuck anything being easy in this game). Is it something to do with the "difficulty" setting I'm at or just not wining all the races? I'm just thankful there's so many cheat cars to carry me.

There's a star you have to grab and bring to the finish line. You can very rarely get it from powerups but don't count on that, find it in every level.

I looked it up and boy is it stupid. Yes there is a star to collect but it's actually a different star that you have to collect In practice mode. Then you win a car from beating each race in singles race (Champion doesn't count, those get you other cars). And you can't cheese the singles events because the Grid will be made up of cars in your class no matter the track (Which is both neat and frustrating when I'm just trying to collect them).

Also as neat as the Re-textures are, I kinda don't want them. I'm trying to gloss over those cars anyways and having 5 different variants to scroll through is annoying to deal with.

By the way, there's a fucking Carmageddon map in the singles, so cool.

i agree and disagree on some point, but they're not important enough to discuss.
You can just type the name of a car during the selection to find it, instead of scrolling.

This was one of the games of my childhood. I remember loving it and getting a copy where you can play as boats as well but it was banged up and paused every two seconds for no reason.

I still played it.

I'd prefer this game just died than introducing it to all these cancerous retarded newfags.