multimods.com/SlotMod2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zI9n3qro6tg
youtube.com/watch?v=uf-zb1MdXe4
youtube.com/watch?v=qTkKKer7o8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CRaczFXmd7I
youtube.com/watch?v=h1BwiEUKeZE
youtube.com/watch?v=W_9m9Ckam1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

according to a hardware engineer who has reverse engineered pretty much every 8-bit console and numerous 16-bit systems, SNES is 8-bit.

I don't even give a fuck about specs, SNES just doesn't have any good games.

Prove me wrong nintoddler.

nah

Just because there's one faggot doesn't mean the whole thread is for that

also, while I like the Megadrive, it actually had a very poor game lineup in my opinion. I'd much rather play the Saturn.

There are very games worth getting for the Megadrive, most of which were developed in-house by Sega but never got achieved any mass market appeal. A lot of the rest are just downscaled arcade ports, stuff that is easily available on the SNES and third party shovelware because Sega of America at the time wanted to whore the console out to every third party developer for cheap because Nintendo's reputation with Western third parties was sour and SoA didn't really care that none of them really utilized the full potential of the hardware. Most of the games actually developed by Sega themselves for the console and which are among the best on the thing are unknown to most people who owned a Megadrive back then because SoA put zero marketing into them.

I guess that whole deal with EA games being better on Genesis was a myth

Just like with the SNES
So? Some multiplats were either wildly different on the systems and in some cases were far better on Genesis (Earthworm Jim)
That's not an argument for actual game quality you disingenuous nigger
I guess that contest for Vectorman never happened nor did that deal with Michael Jackson to put out the Moonwalker game was just my imagination. Nigger, the Genesis' success was built on marketing and endorsements, the former of which Nintendo basically began to copy with the PLAY IT LOUD campaign.

Also Nintencucks never had a president endorse their console.

Reminder that no one played videogames for gameplay before fifth gen.

Good game design exists, but the whole industry these days is staffed with amateurs, glory seekers, profit-seekers, and frauds sustained by bad public taste. No one knows what they're doing and no one cares.

Both had great great libraries and exclusives. If you ignore any of them you'd be missing a big chunk of the history of video games.

EA's games were mostly trash then and they're mostly trash now.

The difference is that Megadrive was almost nothing but arcade ports while the SNES didn't really rely on these and most of them were not even its biggest sellers. The SNES' best selling games, which sold more than most MD games, were usually the JRPG lineup and Nintendo first parties as well as games developed by Capcom and Konami for console specifically. The MD did arcade ports well, but at the end of the day, you were paying 50 or even 60 dollars for a game a game that for a couple quarters you can play a superior version of and which you'll likely only play for about 2 weeks before putting it down.

I can also say so what? That matters little if the multiplats are not worth playing or if the SNES version still plays at an optimal level. While something like Earthworm Jim played better on the Megadrive and the first Mortal Kombat was censored on the SNES, for the average SNES/Super Famicom consumer, who'd much rather be playing games like Final Fantasy IV or VI, Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Zelda, Megaman X, Castlevania IV & Dracula X, Donkey Kong Country, Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Earthbound, or Super Mario World, having a slightly less than best performing copy of Street Fighter II or Earthworm Jim in their library that still played sufficiently was hardly a real issue (And in Street Fighter II's case, the SNES version still sold just as well if not better)

I'm not saying it is, but the issue is that the MD was so overflooded with massive amounts of pure fucking GARBAGE, much more so than the SNES, and many of its best games were never released stateside. When evaluating a console, it's not only the good games you need to look at but also the ratio of good games to shit. With the SNES it was a ration 1/10, with the MD it was a ratio of 1/30, with the best games often being the hardest to find.

Neither of those were developed by Sega. Many of the games developed by Sega's own studios that weren't Sonic, never really received the kind of marketing they deserved in the USA and this continued well into the Saturn era where the Saturn's most iconic games like Sakura Wars were never even brought to the states, let alone marketed. Phantasy Star IV is widely considered one of the greatest RPG's of all time and Ristar is definitely one of Sonic Team's best platformers, but good luck finding MD owners who had even heard of those Sega first party titles. Meanwhile, the SNES rode on the mainstream success of its high quality first party IP's as well as quality third party support. The MD sold on third party shovelware that was often so poor in quality that many people were mistaken in thinking the SNES was more powerful than the MD

And yet the SNES still beat it in both the quality of games and the amount of hardware and software sales.

So was SNES

You wanna post a source to back up your numbers champ, besides that Nintendo nigger dick you're riding?

Wrong. Pics related

Not an argument since people enjoy games differently Nintencuck.

Moonwalker was: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson's_Moonwalker#Console_versions
And if you want to be consistant in your MUH FIRST PARTY DEVELOPMENT then remove all those Rare games from your sales chart.

Not an argument, especially since Chrono Trigger is widely considered one of the greatest RPG's of all time, but good luck finding SNES owners who had even heard of it in 1995.

Debatable.

In Japan, sure.

meant for

The Mega Drive does easily have 100 games which are essential (if not more). So taking into account the system received around 1000 titles, I doubt it can result in a ratio of 1/30 of good games.

Genesis > TG > SNES

If I wanted to play action games with constant slowdowns, I'd move to Europe and play on PAL.

This. From what I gather, SNES works best in the platformer/adventure/RPG genres, while Sega works best with arcade/shooters/action games. Emulationfag master race

My top 5 for both consoles.
SNES:
Earthbound
Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy 6
Kirby Super Star

Genesis:
Dynamite Headdy
MUSHA
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Ristar
Gunstar Heroes

Speed running is a mental disorder.

git gud

If nobody interacts with them eventually they'll go back to plebbit.

But user, he wasn't a rpesident back then.

Not nearly as much as the MD

Everybody knows that the MD had more games than the SNES due to greater popularity with Western third party developers, which means as a rule it had more shit because most games are mediocre at best and most games developed by Western studios suck.

5 games (at least 2 of which play like most arcade games at the time) doesn't disprove the fact that there were dozens of arcade ports on the MD or that one of the MD's primary selling points was it's greater ability to deliver quality arcade ports at a time when arcades were a big thing in the West with arcade ports often topping sales. Even today, Sega remains one of the kings of the Japanese arcade scene and really all of their home consoles when they were in that market had been designed to emulate their own arcade titles. It was the one consistent thing among Sega consoles.

I like how you have to try to make it seem like this is all coming from bias towards Nintendo. The truth is, I much prefer the Sega Saturn to the N64 and the Dreamcast to the PS2 and Gamecube and both are two of my favorite consoles ever and rank higher than many Nintendo consoles in my book, but I think the SNES was the better console in its generation objectively in terms of game quality, cultural impact, and sales.

And of course you can't throw away the argument I presented like you did here. The problem with many Megadrive games was that either they were arcade ports or they played like arcade games, but without the having to put coins in to continue part. The result was often that players could easily get burnt out on the game more easily. When you're in an arcade, the fact that you may have a limited amount of funds and may be forced to wait another day to try again and the fact that the greatest glory is had when you can beat a game or play it for hours on end without dying to the amazement of other arcade goers is one of the greatest appeals of these types of games, and that was lost when many of these games were brought to console. The SNES library had more games that were specifically designed to take full advantage of the unique experience home consoles offered and not simply trying to emulate the arcade experience. Even just looking at Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog, you can see this difference.

It was also an arcade port.

Donkey Kong Country was a first party IP developed by Rare, which was acting as a second party developer to Nintendo at the time.

You're full of shit and clearly didn't own a SNES back in the day at all. Chrono Trigger came out very late in the SNES' life right when the console was on its last legs, but it quickly became an essential title for many SNES enthusiasts and was widely praised and awarded by gaming press at the time as possibly the best SNES rpg or game in general. And the game itself was one of the best selling games ever for the SNES in Japan. Chrono Trigger rose to iconic status to begin with because enough people played it in 1995 and because enough people are still playing it and remembering it now.

The SNES sold more than 40 million units worldwide with 390+ million software sales while the Megadrive only sold little over 30 million units worldwide with barely the same in software sales. SNES won the console war of the early to mid 90's and more people wanted to play it and its library to MD's. Even now this remains the case. Deal with it.

I wish Nintendo had gone with the 68000 as the primary CPU like Sega did.
Then it would have the best graphics and the best CPU for 16-bit gaming.

This is what a real man's top 5 looks like.
SNES:
A Link to the Past
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Terranigma
Der Langrisser

Genesis:
Rocket Knight Adventures
Phantasy Star IV
Contra Hard Corps
Alien Soldier
Lunar 2(if CD games count)

PCE:
Ys Book 1 and 2
Castlevania Rondo of Blood
Neutopia
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes
Soldier Blade

The truth is there is a bit of a difference between Sega as Japan knows them and Sega as America knows them, and this goes all the way back to the Megadrive era. There was honestly very little difference between Sega and Nintendo within Japan where both had the mindset of a Japanese gaming and entertainment company. While both Sega of America and Sega of Japan shared the image of Sega as an arcade heavyweight, Sega of America tried to sell Sega starting in the Megadrive era with this 2cool4school image juxtaposed by the kid-friendly and nerdy Nintentoddlers, but the truth is in Japan, Sega as a company that catered to arcade junkies as well as children and otaku probably had more in common with Nintendo than it did with its own American branch. Just read the Segata Sanshiro lyrics:

A lot of the cutesy stuff & anime shit that Sega published in Japan for its consoles never came out here too, perhaps because it clashed with Sega of America's image. That's probably part of why we never got games like Langrisser I & II and Surging Aura for Genesis. And even after SoA changed presidents, during the Saturn/Dreamcast period, even more of Sega's RPG lineup was left back in Japan, with one of Sega's most iconic and popular IP's: Sakura Wars, never seeing a Western release. Heck, many of the shmups didn't get released here either despite those being something Sega was most known for publishing.

Sega of Japan: arcade games, Sonic, shmups, rpg's, anime and waifus

Sega of America: Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Sonic, Madden, Sonic

We did get Langrisser 1, they just changed the name to Warsong.

Agreed

Gas the speedrunners

My top 5 for SNES:

5. Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon
4. Mystical Ninja
3. TMNT: Tournament Fighters
2. Super Mario RPG
1. Megaman X2

Honorable Mentions: Uniracers, Earthworm Jim 2, Donkey Kong Country 2, Pocky & Rocky

Top 5 for Genesis:

5. Vectorman
4. Sparkster
3. Beyond Oasis.
2. Streets of Rage 2
1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Honorable Mentions: Contra: Hard Corps, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine/Puyo Puyo

I liked both Genesis and SNES. We all can get along, it's just that faggots don't want to for shitty reasons.

If memory serves, the president of Sega of America had such a hard-on for pushing the Saturn's 3D capabilities, he literally banned all games that weren't exclusively 3D.

Shit, I forgot about that. That was the one where they changed the artstyle, right?

I like both consoles, but given the choice, I'd take SNES. And given the choice of Sega consoles, I'd take Saturn.

Which was really fucking stupid cause the Saturn's strong-suit was actually 2D and most Japanese developers preferred 2D and 2.5D cause it was cheaper. The only people who could make really great 3D on the Saturn were development teams like Sega's AM2 studio & Sonic Team, but the 3D capabilities of the Saturn even at its best paled in comparison to PS1 and N64.

I'm not sure. I've never played the Japanese version, but from what I remember, the character portraits looked fairly similar to the other Langrisser games.

I've been thinking about getting a PC engine/TG 16, but I have a few questions. Is everything compatible between the two? For example, if I get a PC engine, will games in english work on it? It isn't a big deal, but I kind of like the look and name of the PC Engine more.

Also, I was watching an episode of game sack about console hardware modding, and they mentioned that the turbografix 16 had a manufacturing defect where some had leaky capacitors that would need to be replaced after years of use. Is this something to watch out for when buying one?

They were pretty much the same, don't weasel your way out of it. Much of the shovelware was multiplat so you faggots ate shit with the rest of us.

Exactly what fucking Vectorman was you fucking idiot. So you were wrong there.

It's a completely different game with the same name retard.

I think you just suck at video games and can't handle a challenge. No wonder you prefer interactive story book Jap "RPGs"

Which proves my point.

Didn't translate into sales over here Nintencuck.

In Japan, sure.

Deal with it.

No that was Sony.

C-can I play?

Come on now, I love both systems but there's no denying that the SNES was the superior of the two and that it easily sold more than the Genesis.

A friend of mine has a Japanese PC engine, and he says they play American HUE cards. I'm not sure about CDs though.

Ports on the Genesis were generally better.

PCE was 8 bit GPU with a 16 bit CPU. It could have a lot more shit going on the screen but could only show 8bit sprites and backgrounds. It's 8 bit and always will be. Sorry.

It wasn't, sorry.

You got that reversed, PCE has an 8 bit cpu with 16 bit gpu. CPU is faster than the snes but slower than the genesis.

GPU is worse and better than the genesis in some ways like displaying more colors on screens but loses in the amount of sprites and background layers that can be displayed.

What hardware engineer is this? The SNES specs are pretty well known at this point.

The SNES is 16bit console fully due to its Custom 65C816 at 3.58 MHz which is nearly identical to the Apple II GS cpu but at a slower clock and instructions removerd and added for gaming.

Kill yourself, Secret of Mana was better.

I don't believe you've reverse engineered anything tbh

The SNES was based on the 65816. Which was a 6502 with 16-bit extensions, it had 16-bit register sizes, 16-bit instruction set, and a 16-bit stack pointer. In fact, it even had PAE up to 24-bits. 8-bit was only achieved with an "emulation mode" for backwards compatibility

Here is a true top 5 list of the 16 bit era

SNES Top 5
Magical Pop'n
Plok
Super Chase HQ
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Super Metroid

Genesis
Ristar
Bio Hazard Battle
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Gaiares
Monster World IV

PCE
Magical Chase
Super Star Soldier
BONK 3
1943: Kai
Dungeon Explorer

Eh, it was stronger in some areas, but ultimately it never captured me like Chrono Trigger did.

Anyone who doesn't bother to actually read or know the rules here clearly doesn't belong in this place. That means you. Go back to your pedo threads on Holla Forums or Reddit where you came from, you fucking degenerate.

Jap HuCards run on an American TurboGrafx with only a cartridge adapter.
Running American HuCards on a Jap console requires a cartridge adapter and an internal mod.
CD games are region free and have no copy protection. You'll have to track down a CD burner that burns at 1x though, and I have no idea if burned discs stress the drive or whatever.

There's two forms of region locking at work here. The main one is that some of the pins are switched around on Japanese vs. American consoles. You need a cartridge adapter to get around this. Alternatively you can install a mod that lets you control the pin swapping with a switch and some glue logic chips.
The other is that there is a single pin that is (IIRC) tied to 5v on a Japanese console, and ground on an American console. The state of this pin can be read by the game software, allowing games to manually implement region locking. In practice, only Japanese games do the region check, so American consoles can run all games just fine, and if you ground that pin on a Japanese console, it looks like an American console to all game software.
Bother of these mods are described here: multimods.com/SlotMod2.html

If you buy a Turbo Everdrive, it will handle the first form of region locking for you internally, but the second still applies, so you will still have to do the pin grounding mod or buy a TurboGrafx.

ur gay
CPU is 8-bit, basically a souped up version of the CPU (6502) in the NES that runs 4 times as fast. It's arguably as fast or faster than the SNES's CPU (which runs about twice as fast as the NES CPU on fastROM games, but has useful features for memory accesses and 16-bit math).
"GPU" is 16-bit (in that it has a 16-bit data bus, like the Genesis and SNES). Biggest drawback is that it only supports a single background layer, but in every other way it's very competitive with the other consoles. 256 sprite pixels per scanline, same as the SNES but less than the Genesis (320 sprite pixels) in its most common video mode. Backgrounds and sprites are 4-bit (15 colors + background/transparent), same as the Genesis and the most common modes for the SNES. Has a color palette of 512 colors (same as Genesis), but can display more of them on screen (16 palettes each for background and sprites) than even the SNES, and has better non-RGB video quality than the Genesis as well.
The sound capabilities are shit compared to the Genesis and SNES but this is a moot point when the CD expansion is installed, which unlike the Sega CD is where the real meat of the library is.

You're mostly right, but the 65816 still has an 8-bit data bus, which really hurts its performance compared to the 68000.

user's we already had this discussion.

Super Nintendo didn't get Contra Hard Corps and got babies first Contra instead. Case closed.

So you beat Contra III on hard without continues? Great, user!

So a Sega Genesis game from late 1997 had more sales in the West than any of its contemporary Sega Saturn games?

Damn dude, I knew that stopping the production of Sega Genesis games so soon was a mistake, but didn't know that this mistake was so big.

Did the SNES ever do backwards compatibility in any way?

SNES had better sound. I can't belive you segacucks are still buttmad about losing 20 years later.

I think I have a hard copy of that. Unfortunately, I can't get my SNES working.

heh. Tell me about a snes game that sounds better than even the worst genesis game.

Donkey Kong Country 2 off the top of my head. Genesis games just have shitty techno music.

Thunder Force 3 and 4
The Adventures of Batman and Robin
Subterrania
Advanced Buster Gleylancer
Sonic 3 and Knuckles

still bait but these had great music and I think everyone should check them out anyways

It has just occurred to me that the poster was bitching about techno, not 'shitty' techno

I have shamed my family. Forgive me.

It's not better or worse than the Mega Drive though. They both do music in completely different ways, each with their own issues.

SNES:

MD:

Overall, all of you should stop complaining and just accept that PCs had the best because we had the best FM chip (OPL3) AND we had sampling through DACs; oh yeah motherfucker, we're COOL

but I think the mega drive was the best sounding console on the time

You niggers need to seriously listen and compare these two songs and tell me again that genesis has better sound.

Nice cherry picked examples. Educate yourself more on what the system is actually capable of before you try to say it's bad based on one poor example.

youtube.com/watch?v=zI9n3qro6tg
youtube.com/watch?v=uf-zb1MdXe4
youtube.com/watch?v=qTkKKer7o8Y

Could have swore you could embed multiple vids. nb

Sounds cool for an 8-bit console but the quality is still a joke compared to the SNES.

I'm starting to think you're just a fanboy who can't accept that both systems have strengths and weaknesses that balance each other out. Neither console is objectively better than the other.

That shit was amazing, and I don't even like capeshit. I don't think I've ever seen a game where you turn on the console and you're thrown right into the action. Music was good too.

I've had both since I was a child and have had many fun memories of both, but trying to say the Genesis has better sound than the SNES is just being completely delusional.

Some composers were able to make catchy tunes despite the Genesis's limited hardware but those same tunes would have sounded so much better on the SNES's soundchip.

what a shocker

>>>/reddit/ now

Everyone laugh at this cuck

There's a reason why 8/v/ is a fucking joke and it's because of people like you.

I never said that.

Not really. Try listening to SNES covers of Genesis music, they don't sound nearly as good.

youtube.com/watch?v=CRaczFXmd7I
youtube.com/watch?v=h1BwiEUKeZE

And for clarities sake, I don't think Genesis covers of SNES music sound all that great most of the time; they're either on par or slightly worse than the originals.

If you want to listen to good quality Sega Genesis music, you have to ignore most of these which were made using the GEMS sound engine (a lot of Westerners used that one, not sure if it's the case with this game). Listening to music from Japanese games is a safe bet, but Westerners like Jesper Kyd, who made their own custom Sega Genesis engine, were also able to obtain amazing results.

Those all have much better soundstage than the Genesis versions. Maybe it's just my headphones.

pls don't do this
His uploads have awful sound quality.

Said the faggot making generalizations about the Genesis sound chip when being proven wrong otherwise.

Now you're throwing jargon around to sound smart.

That's cheating.

Guys I think we can all agree here that the best sound is obviously the virtual boy

You're just throwing songs out there hoping I will cave in and say that Genesis has better sound. If you said that anywhere else other than on Holla Forums you would be laughed off the site.

Is it me, or most Genesis games had really depressing palette?

oh dude i love the pc engine with 2 less channels

not gonna lie though the VB has alright sound

Okay I take back trying to be cordial, you're just a fucking faggot.

Great so you'll finally stop shitting up the thread with your bullshit

follin ain't shit

kevtris, knows more about nintendo's systems than nintendo does.

Free speech nignog. I hate to break it to you but people citing examples of what the Genesis can do when handed competently versus your cherry picked examples of incompetent devs using GEMS (which is notorious for the 'shitty techno' you complain about) isn't "throwing shit out expecting you to cave in," so maybe you should drop that egotistical shit like everything is a personal attack on you, lubelord.

yeah it's bait but still fuck off, if anyone is shitting stuff up, it's you.

ITT

adsburders :DDDD

SNES has an objectively better soundchip sorry. No matter how many times you move the goalposts facts are facts.

So what are you ranking objectively? So far your examples have just been subjective. Objectively does not (nor has it ever) meant "something I like a lot" you retard.

yeah you mean like this

As if you weren't doing the same thing, newfag. If you revealed didn't know how embedding works you'd be told to fuck off, like right now >>>/cuckchan/

The system did have a limited palette compared to the SNES (only 64 colors on screen), so developers who weren't creative in utilizing it often had dull looking games. You also have to use the limitations that CRT and composite signals provided. A lot games used the blurring of chroma information from composite video to create additional shades of color, in addition to transparencies. This why using some form of NTSC video filter is needed when emulating Genesis games.

Not sure how you can say something that's completely different is "objectively better" than something else. FM synthesis isn't even close to being like samples so you can't compare the two.

Okay give me some sort of technical answer as to why the Genesis has better sound other than posting youtube videos and I'll listen.

I swear I keep hearing about that nigger everywhere now. Guy's been doing a lot of reverse engineering with NES clone consoles like the NT mini and shit. The man clearly has advanced autism

After you give a technical answer as to how the SNES is "objectively better" than the Genesis instead of linking cherry picked examples of shitty covers and sound drivers.

The games don't sound like they're recorded in a wind tunnel, for one.
youtube.com/watch?v=W_9m9Ckam1c

Daily reminder that only retards thing everything is about inferiority and superiority

potentially better, problem is nintendo thought it wise to use PCM sample based audio on a system with cartridges that are a quarter megabyte big which is recipe for tin cans, farts, and no bass. Sony proved the capability of the hardware by having a very similar sound chip in their first console, the playstation, a system with actual storage capacity. SNES could have had great music, but the reality is almost all compositions sound very samey. It's not fair in the slightest, but the Turbo Duo was doing webm 1 while the SNES was doing webm2. Both are PCM, although one is pre-arranged samples with redbook audio, the concept is the same. If you have the space, you can do great things with the format.

If you don't you get the snes lmao

because when an autistic reverse engineering FPGA wizard is doing things you pay attention.

Getting great sound out of the genesis just takes a great FM programmer or someone who can write a great sound engine. GEMS is not the worst sound engine on the genesis, it's that western devs in America suck at music on consoles in general.

Getting great sound out of the snes takes great samples and a lot time making sure they don't sound like muffled ass or getting the right type of compression.

Devilish is not a fun game, but has a god like soundtrack.

Yeah, programmers used tricks which really worked to get effects such as the water in vid related. However, it doesn't translate well to an emulator played on a plasma monitor, no matter the filters you are using.

Expect the sound on PC came from $1,000 midi devices and also most sound blaster games don't sound that good till the mid 1993.

The best sounds from a PC device in that era came from usually Amigas or X68000 computers.

Between the Sega CD and the PC-Engine CD, which would you say had the better sound, or were they basically the same since they were both CD based?

Pic related.

Hardware wise Sega CD would have the better sound due to the genesis sound setup is a bit better than the PC engine especially on the model 1 genesis.

Soundtracks are subjective usually but usually sega cd games have a louder and richer sound effects in games due to more sound ram being available and having a better soundtrack.

Here is a sightly uneven comparison between games Lords of thunder Sega CD vs PC Engine CD

Bullshit, then why wasn't Deep Fear localized in America?

It's was too late of the title to come out in USA and also probably due to quality issues

Because the nigger was also a big Dreamcast cocksucker, i mean, we're talking about the guy who said "the Saturn is not our Future" like, a year after the fucking thing came out.

AVGN is a faggot but this is a 10/10 skit

Sega might not have existed in mainland Europe for all that matters, I have actually never seen a Genesis in real live here in Germany. Back then it was either Nintendo or Amiga. Later it was the Playstation and PC, with the Saturn and Dreamcast being even more obscure than the N64.

I've heard the Mega Drive was popular in the UK for all of the shmups.

Actually sega was pretty popular in most of mainland europe expect eastern germany and some small countries.

he said that in 1997, saturn came out in 1995 in US. Stolar is an idiot and butchered relations with SoJ and lost what would have been an easy victory for the generation had they brought games over instead of obsessing over muh mascot platformer.

On the sides east of West Germany, popular systems were the dendy, zx spectrum clones, and bootleg arcade games.

The megadrive was popular in the UK due to the price, quality games, and backwards comparability with the master system.

I will buy a snes soon. An original, not the new nintendo crap. Any advice to get a good model?

I have the money and if I dont spend it on this I'll get a daki, I'll waste the cash anyway

If they used redbook CD audio (ie music with actual instruments and not midi or synth), then they sound exactly the same.

Except it does. The TV CVBS filter in Kega Fusion filters the image enough to create transparencies and it looks fine

"Starflight" for Sega Genesis marked the start of the game you could play for 9 hours a day and explore various galaxies (and save) and go on with it the next day. Pirates Gold was a 2nd. SNES had a few decent games (star fox, mariokart) but it was never the same.

look for a 1-chip model or learn how to solder the slims.

PC engine masterrace

Time to fix this
Play Umihara Kawase, fags!

They were right, Nintendo doesnt fo what Genesis did. Fail and kill itself.

lol nintencuck

tbh you could be master idort with PCE-CD and an SNES. BUT I can assure you that if I was in a 1 console household I and was stuck with PCE-CD alone I would be fine.

I am thinking about buying an SNES, any things I should be wary about? I am currently in contact with someone who has a set with a value of about €185, but I can get it for €150. Any advice? Why should I buy it? Why shouldn't I buy it?

Well, buying a SNES for starters.

Collecting SNES games now or just buying actual carts to play is way too expensive anymore. Even only carts for games that were highly circulated are starting to reach 40-50$. If you just want to play on actual hardware just get a SD2SNES. Unless you have a lot of cash and don't mind spending. If you actually want to collect and don't have a big budget for it just forget about it.

this. i got lucky and found an actual boxed SNES in a thrift store for $20 god bless clueless old ladies and the thrift stores they run but i've only really managed to find like ten of the games i really want for less than twenty bucks. at this point i regret even starting this collection. that said:

good luck son. honestly i'd recommend you don't do it and just emulate on a CRT but I understand the appeal of rebuilding that childhood collection