Path of Exile: New League Smell Edition

Latest News
New league started, get in here, niggers.

Patch notes for 2.6.0
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765

Also, version 3.0.0 incoming in June/July.
pathofexile.com/oriath

Current League
Legacy

League gimmick: Find leaguestones, activate, relive cancer leagues, profit. Also legacy items available. Details here:
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

Useful links
Passive skill tree planner
poeplanner.com/

Helpful guides
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1487111

Other urls found in this thread:

poeplanner.com/AAYAAHcTCwA534rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH8Uo9ltZvJUgwfOio3_GflknqcHF-u9Xh4CuogSTJ76KytOhL4IeFLCaYcfKyUS-7j9zwnNzcJ-I9udMLREPrJj315uhGGp4L3zlWAe0DOq6DXxGcYMJb5588JEHAAAAAAA=
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Arsenal
poeplanner.com/AAYAAPsQCwB7m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-xKKXBgX5mybdRmOnEYHveu4OVvp_K_1usXzD5o25ePl-3Yd2Sn1noOOfI_ZNko19BbWNv9QjGo1bJn_72E2UoNpiGFZodPnogsco-oGvuNDaOrEFuJMc3OvupwjYJFZIjxqdrhps5CIpT-w4gpvtIOFzogDwHwSzV-J35YV7ZlQ62CcvkFUaOHIPcYVXKUbX2rmxQjsoA5ZuPb6A8pebXaiae8PtP311_rpBh7c-_gryRTrhpldN4_6P2L01knpTYevPepRvgawzkkMTu-MwfFFHN9R313tulyHBfIcH4q0J2cpGIFmmrx3CAAAAAAA=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rpW-vzFu-N_Kw2NxKI51DB81opbr4d2lwZ29419UUdOKiF2458ZijH6I_Y-zzfUjb_nVEz_I9OGzkp9wzqgn02SvebtP9QjJP1DMY9gbyfBM5u1KjgkizBx_97awY1-wzOaaoTFD6vdqHTtLlO3tloaFr9tbEt4BS3Tb3XLJpU2PTpCeu_qYr6nYeKdqlWFZU1VS2yMpcu9Now2YqxHfonTcFI=
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAx4FLQW1BiMILgiJDY0RLxR1Fr8XJhmOGo0fQSF2I9Mj9iSdJP0mlS5TMHEwfDH6Nj031DnUOkI8vj7PQdBDMUQNR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdTu1VLWyZbr11oX3Bh4mHrYlpirGVNbIxvJ3BSdO11y3X9dvd4-XpTeoR673sUfXV-3X8rf_uDbYRvhNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CVBZpqmvGbJpuNnaqgn6Gko4qkwqfUr-u0xbVIt7a74702vea-p7_VwTPC7MSiyPDKqc960K3Tb9N-1CPUQtaK2NXawd2o4dvnVOjW6mLrY-0_7YPuDu96_MX9bv66_sj_3g==
poeplanner.com/AAYAALcGAABZsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df2Eb9RCtUgmlWHiVUuMNlBCoi4OSBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAVL0V7ZaL1bnr9WSd8h2TJ2wLIvRtGVM12VsbJUuu6QLfihFQNbmnK5f0UlM9X5eVTLOus0GW0PUFQiycVa5Eq4-mghDfsCBuUDDbXtAf7-vjhA3RY0Nd8r6KytO0DOq6DXyhL--I-TfXz0mxe9cPqySLwzoqONDQX2o0CjdmLKaQ1gAAAAAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any Holla Forums guilds, fam?

Anyone figure out the recipe for the Leaguestones yet?

The one Holla Forums guild is dead, as far as I know. Nobody bothered to start another as far as I know. I'm in another friend's guild myself, if not I'd already started one.

Which character and build is fast fun to level and is endgame content viable? I tried flame blast totems but oh god its so slow at lvl 30

You mean the one where you vendor three of the same leaguestone to get a different one? Really isn't that hard to figure it out

You are supposed to switch at 88 or so, not try to play it at low level. Just play regular blameblast or firestorm.

but i already took the totem passive

Hwo the fuck do i use flameblast at lvl 88? I picked that skill so i can get past merceliess to maps and not switch at endgame. What the fug

Lame. I thought it'd be able to make new ones from scratch. They were dropping like candy early on, now I get very few, it seems.

Last time I had played this I was on the verge of apparently being able to shit out skeletons. Is that still a thing? Can I just vomit skeletons?

Also has the character customization improved any? Call me autistic but I like being in control of how my character looks.

Yes, although starting with summon skeletons is slow as fuck
Still class-based

Got my first exalted drop

Did the servers die?

It also rolled back. About 20 mins, looks like.

Well, at least I know my RF build is going somewhere. Even at this low level without EE and bonuses it clears relatively quickly

Anyone know if there are unique leaguestones that have been found?

Did I fuck up and undersell it badly or what

Why don't we just grab a global chat like these sick digits?

What do you guys do with best base white items?
e.g. Sorcerer's Boots. Alch? Essense? Don't bother crafting?

I'm both terrified and excited and also now seriously playing a caster for once in a blue moon.

Turns out I was completely fucking retarded for changing to temporal chains from poacher's blasphemy, and all I needed was like 2 points into +12% damage nodes and it's been 110% smooth sailing for the last 5 levels

The correct answer is 2 chaos.

You can also use Devouring Totem, Clarity, and Rallying Cry for your mana issues (or Enduring Cry to help with your fragility). There's also the quest reward unique jewel: Survival Secrets, which gives a very nice bonus to mana regen.

What build?

It's incredible that this game has been out for like five years and they still haven't fixed the thing where my FPS drop from 450 to 12 sometimes for no obvious reason.

How much is a 18% Eth Knives worth?

Dual wielding wands Occultist, I know I don't have enough life/ES/resists right now, but those other things were a fundamental problem I've solved, for now.

poeplanner.com/AAYAAHcTCwA534rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH8Uo9ltZvJUgwfOio3_GflknqcHF-u9Xh4CuogSTJ76KytOhL4IeFLCaYcfKyUS-7j9zwnNzcJ-I9udMLREPrJj315uhGGp4L3zlWAe0DOq6DXxGcYMJb5588JEHAAAAAAA=

My gear isn't great. I usually relied on twink shit, new leagues are scary to me and I'll respec later.

Other than the shit you mentioned and >wands, it seems fairly decent

Originally I wanted to go barrage+poison because wands had a lot of +phys support so it seemed natural. I hit a few difficulty spikes but ended up being okay once I got Kinetic Blast.

As it turns out, I'm doing more than enough damage with just the physical, and I don't know if it's worth going into the shadow area for es/eva/life and dot stuff like I originally planned (I was going for the Poison group)

Anyways, I use Kinetic Blast+LMP with assassin's/poachers marks for charges, and it seems to be working very well for now. I even got a Word of War enchant off normal labs which duplicates a few floating wands for me

Alright, this fucker's gotta be worth at least a few chaos

I'll give you 2 chaos for that jewel.

Yeah I'll do that, I'll get more use out of 'em
@OathOfMoons

I SHOULD SPECIFY THIS IS FOR LEGACY LEAGUE SORRY

Man how I missed farming dried like with 3.4k ES as VS without jewels :^)

You know, while I hate farming actual zones, Dried Lake is probably one of the best. Leaguestones make it interesting, too, I suppose.

We should do this.

>look at my gems, for some reason I had multiple traps support gem socketed along with the smoke mine
I am ashamed.

That's kinda what happened to me
I really need to pay attention to what I activate while running dried lake, also bladefall traps still has a retarded amount of damage once you get poison rolling

Global Chat 777

Is there even a global chat 777? How high do they go?

As high as you want? Not sure, but yeah there is 777. I think it only exists when there is someone in it.

During peak I've been allocated to channel 4 but that was some years ago. Mostly channel 2 now. But you can join any custom channel… its kinda eh maybe they'll do a chat revamp at some point.

I really like these leaguestones, going to miss them when they're gone not even because of these mods, having even more variety is a good thing

This recent stuff make the game worth picking up again? I stopped the first time because the game quickly began to feel like it was dragging everything out too much for me.

not really, the core of the game is still the same, so unless you really like trawling trade chat and burning currency the game's not really for you.

What do you nerds mean? are there multiple global chats?

It adds some variety and new twists, but for actual new content you'll have to wait until they add those 5 new acts in the summer.

yes

I thought they were going to put leaguestones into the core gamr after

Only if it's popular enough

Why not 1488?

THANKS REALLY!

They are fun. It is pretty similar thing to prophecies with all fun stuff about them being present here.

This is why HC is joke in this game.

What the fuck happened? This shit was 40c yesterday.
F U G
U
G

prices change unpredictably and extremely fast at the start of a league. last league, deaths hand was 90c for the first week and 1c afterwards.

vspark didn't get nerfed while everything else did, that's what happened

Yeah, I got an almost perfect one in the first week and sold it for 140c or something.

(checked)
I understand, but I didn't buy one yesterday because I assumed they'd be cheaper today. Fuck me.

How do i craft items? Let's say i have found this beatiful chest 5 link and shit its normal item. I want to slap on it ele resistance and +energy shield. How do i do this?

unless you're ssf don't bother, es chest crafting should only be done in good high ilevel bases, if you want life however, transmute then alt aug until you get decent life and a resistance, then regal and use a master bench to craft some more res

If it's a decent base he could just use some woe essences and hope.

When should i start to use Energy shield? I have 1400hp in cruel and like 300 es.

Do any of you want to share some atlas completion in LSC?

Haven't started mapping yet so yeah, wouldn't mind sharing

Whisper drtjrszdj

Item flippers gonna flip mate

Ok I found one autist on global 777 but global 1488 works. Do you fam sandwiches want to shitpost on a global while you play or is there only like 3 people here who actually play this?

swap to ES when you can get around 10k ES>>12070347

GAME CRASHED WHEN I TRIED TO CLOSE CAUSING ME TO DIE
NICE FUCKING MEME TIER TRASH GAME YOU PIECES OF SHIT
fucking niggers

So basically you were playing hardcore, being a bitch, and using logout as an escape mechanism? Wow good job user~

Your own fault for being retarded enough to go hardcore

maybe you'd have a point if the game didn't lag or drop to zero fps every other map

you should have stacked more life m8

Who the fuck goes life in the current year?

You deserve this

Quality

they're not even worth 3c

I am desperate for a decent build that's actually fun to play and doesn't need more than 30c to get started. Ideally something with poison since I haven't done that yet but I'll take pretty much anything at this point.

Yeah but my current gloves are 74 es and 20ish int and my damage is yes scaled.

Int scaled*

I feel like a complete fucking retard after realising that leaguestones have level restrictions

For poison your options are totems, traps and "melee". Alternatively absolutely anything involving Pathfinder or Assassin that does physical damage.

I did. Shit's bearable.

Except for the delay, Storm Call is kind of fun. I adjusted my arc+crit build a little bit after the reset. He's still fucking squishy as fuck with ~4500 HP+ES at level 82 (likely an itemization issue) but the damage went way up.

Dreamfeather spectral throw pathfinder sounds perfect for you

Then pick up some gloves from the floor, 20qual them and drop an alch on it (or essence even). You're more likely to get something better than that. Mastercraft for shield if the mod s missing.

Is there any info on quality-crafting interaction?

Quality is additive with the % increased energy shield or whatever defense on the item.

You only need four scraps to get quality to 20 on a normal item. 20 scraps for a rare one. Hence, always quality before crafting. Also it improves chances when socketing and linking.

Please don't answer questions you don't understand.

Please phrase questions in a non-retarded manner.

Is english your second or third language?

There is no interaction between quality and crafting, there.

Besides links and slots at least, which factually do have an interaction. But yes, I was wondering if it affected it otherwise.

Oy vey. Whats happening here. I just bought one for 50c 1 hour ago. Flipping time.

Changing or linking sockets is not crafting.

It is though

Okay, nevermind. Seems like the trade api is kill.

Vault's of Atziri map drop
Sell or use? Going for 7c

Fuck it, running it, I don't need 7c that badly.

I got this pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Arsenal
Which no one is selling on legacy

Alright, so my Occultist is doing pretty good clear on groups with Kinetic Blast+LMP+Increased Radius as a base, but is there a better setup for projectiles? For example, GMP, chain, fork exist, but they all lower damage a lot. But on the other hand, one more projectile means 4 more explosions on hit… but the hit is useless unless it hits a creature or wall.

I still don't have a really juicy way to take out bosses yet, I usually just spam Barrage and evasion flasks with Poacher's to tank them until they die.

its been ages since i've played but kb seems like it could work well with pierce. also, you can drop an ice wall on a boss to spam kb

Not sure if pierced projectiles do on hit effects or not. Eg, fireballs apparently do their aoe only on the final impact

They did remove Frost Wall exploits, I know this. Friendly projectiles now ignore it.

Probably because at the very start of a league people won't be doing a shitload of Vaults of Atrizi.

Pierce creates blasts on each enemy hit with the same projectile. So yes, it is very useful. Maybe you could get a Writhing Jar for those additional enemies when fighting a boss or put a decoy totem next to a wall and then just spam Kinetic Blast.

Am I misunderstanding something? I thought it was only supposed to drop maps that are adjacent to what you're running in the Atlas of Worlds.

You won't drop uncovered maps, at the start it is a pain in the ass but once you have uncovered pretty much everything you will be glad this option exists. Also the maps an area drops will never be higher than 5 tiers above the existing map, meaning that you can get a tier 6 map in a tier 2 map but not a tier 14 in tier 7.

Because of that do not open bad maps higher than tier9 at random.

You won't drop maps you haven't uncovered*

Also you can trade three of the same base type for a map one tier higher. That should help progression if you keep getting the same thing over and over again. Three magic maps with the same base give a magic map one tier higher and three rare maps give a rare.
Three uniques give you a rare, don't bother with that combination

Or you can just pay for the maps, however its really irrelevant since you will get all low level maps quite easily. In most cases you can run maps without looking at what you running. But yeah, factory is probably the shittiest map.

Neat, thanks.

Okay so what the fuck is happening there. I have wand which add 9 to lighting damage and for some reason it also affects my SRS minions. I dont know what the fuck is happening

Fucking faggot plum in the imperial gardens where is it

SRS has a spell tag

Sex reassignment surgery?

It does not. Ignore the tooltip.

one thing you're gonna learn very quickly.
Tooltips are always wrong.

Why even do that quest except for maybe the pointless challenges that I'll only do after I get bored of doing new builds

Then how do i measure damage output?

you don't

it's almost allways on the opposite side of where you came in

you don't
but if you HAVE to measure your epeen go kill Voll, below 5 sec is good

well fug

SRS can kill every boss before maps in seconds. Especially if you can cast them on top of boss intro animation. 4l necro should steamroll through everything. To suck afterwards because only 20 faggots

Does anyone want to carry me through lab on the new legacy league? I'm too weak.

Your build is trash then. Re-evaluate or come back later if it's a late bloomer

It's a late bloomer.
I use totems and so far I only have the flame totem.

It's totem, you should be able to do Lab pretty easy then

Nigger, totem builds should have no problem doing lab.

I mean its str int but i put some decent life and resists on it. Hopefully thatll carry me for a while. How do you maintain 3 curses without raping your mana pool? I always seem to need more

curse on hit

Sure, what name?

Stopped reading there
FUCKING WHY

What's wrong with farming in cruel? I do it all the time in Normal on the Ledge so I can get uniques.

lmao 20 is enough dont forget about zombies

Did five runs of the Aqueduct with invasion, warbands and essence stones because they dropped off in level. Got to lvl 60 and did lab then. Breezing through the rest with a 3c weapon I bought. It's my farming character anyway.

PolishPriest
Also do you think this robe is worth equipping?

Thanks for helping me out, euro.
Have a br webm.

figure it out fam.

Is that ellen page?

Do it on a righteous fire build
Your fire resist should already be near 100% on one of those builds.

You don't have to bully. Anyway i got it to 20qual and i spent the 8 jews i had and managed to get it to 4sockets which is the maximum it's item level allows. Will try to get it to 4l later and then some max or near max rolls.

It's still desirable to people other than righteous fire users.

Useless, if that's what you're wondering. Unlike armor (which is flat reduction), phys-to-fire is essentially a 'less' modifier.

thought about going flickerstrike since I'm starting to get rather bothered by leapslam and earthquake combo
not 5 minutes later Terminus Est drops and now I'm fucking torn between continuing leapsweep/leapquake or if I should try and get flickerstrike rolling

Expensive build

To all the newbies here, spend most of your time on /global 820
Its the sharing channel, where players share stuff like Master quests and other things. You can leech all kinds of stuff for free.

This.
All the other channels are predominantly shitposting and memes

List of important channels to note
global 5055 - Reddit channel, but halfchan also populates it since at last check they didn't have enough of a population to populate their own global.
trade 5055 - redditor trading
global 820 - sharing channel, for masters, challenge items, ect.
trade 820 - for selling of above.

What does Holla Forums think of cast while channeling quad totems firestorm on fireblast?

Imagine firestorms all over the screen. Now try to figure out what's going on. There's your answer.

But the DPS would be amazing, wouldn't it?

Your computer would also give out enough heat to warm the entire city in the middle of winter

But think of the DPS, user.

spell totem can't trigger cast while channeling.

I guess the game just wants me to go back to a minion build

Fug.
Then what do you think of this?
Flameblast - Spell Totem - Power Charge on Critical - Innervate - Iron Will - Empower

Wait, I thought you meant that you would be self-casting with CwC. You can easily do Flameblast totems and then do Scorching Ray with Firestorm if you give up Ancestral Bond

You'd generate power charges and deal no damage.

It wouldn't be that great anyways.
Quad totems with Hierophant would be -8%x4=-32%dmg. You are also wasting 4 links for setup leaving you with 2 support gems. It would be effectively casting 2-link fireblast and 3link firestorm with faster casting, as CwC is pretty equal to faster casting. As you would lose one od the supports to outset -32% dmg.
All of this on top of -30% cast speed and -26% spell damage.

I have seen people using Power Charge on Critical with Orb of Storms and Inc. Critical Strike.
Having gems that don't increase your DPS is usually pretty useless in main setup. Either take Orb of Storms or find other Power Charge generator.

You'll find a brick wall soon enough

RIP

Why is it so hard to get a normally cheap-as-shit ring. At least it's still only like 14c for a decent one right now, but by the time I have 14c it'll be 18, I just know it.

I'll admit, despite the insane health regen and functionally infinite mana there are some weaknesses. If I end up getting frozen im basically fucked.

Get a flask retard

Just, like, use flask.

Wait, why the fuck is the max amount of Spirits 20 now? It was 50 in the previous league, and I wouldn't say SRS was overpowered

SRS doesn't require expensive shit to work, but I wouldn't classify it as overpowered. Poison blade vortex was overpowered, SRS isn't even close.

Why indeed

Why are you so slow at getting chaos? Once you start doing T1 maps it should be easy to make at least 50 c a day with just a few hours of mapping.

If you just set up a dump tab and a tab with maps to run, and you don't dick about in the hideout all the time you can easily get about an ex an hour. If you're getting really screwed by RNG you could do the unid chaos recipe.

There's no way to be poor if you do this.

Because I'm only able to play a bit (midterms and shit last week and this week), so I'm only on merc (^:
I do have healths behind the ES, just no ar/es because nodex and until recently nostr. Going to swap from caster to oro's flicker once I hit 67, and switch up all my other gear too.

I just got personally muted by a developer after saying 9/11 never happened.

you got muted by a community nanny

I've been a naughty boy.

Facebreaker Warchief is just so damn OP, in Cruel a3 with iron rings I got at level 4 and pretty much everything except chest from level 20 and below. Can't wait to get two perfectly rolled Warden's Brand rings and the 40% more damage from Berserker.

I get that per.. two weeks. Granted i only play about two hours of maps a day if that

I dump armor and jewellery into a 4x tab and wait until that fills up but damn it takes time

poeplanner.com/AAYAAPsQCwB7m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-xKKXBgX5mybdRmOnEYHveu4OVvp_K_1usXzD5o25ePl-3Yd2Sn1noOOfI_ZNko19BbWNv9QjGo1bJn_72E2UoNpiGFZodPnogsco-oGvuNDaOrEFuJMc3OvupwjYJFZIjxqdrhps5CIpT-w4gpvtIOFzogDwHwSzV-J35YV7ZlQ62CcvkFUaOHIPcYVXKUbX2rmxQjsoA5ZuPb6A8pebXaiae8PtP311_rpBh7c-_gryRTrhpldN4_6P2L01knpTYevPepRvgawzkkMTu-MwfFFHN9R313tulyHBfIcH4q0J2cpGIFmmrx3CAAAAAAA=

lads summon all your autism and shit on this build please because I think I might run a scion dyadus build if emberwake + hypothermia + spectral throw is as broken as i think it is with the new changes to dyadus, specifically with the guaranteed 1 second chill duration.

Yooooo hol up

Can someone confirm? That'd mean ignite and shit would last longer and be stronger, no?

no, increased duration increases status durations
proliferation just spreads status ailments to nearby mobs
it's also not an aura, I think increased AoE increases the proliferation area

Is this game worth getting into? Is it pay to win?

No game is.
No.

You could make an objective argument that it is because of the stash space you can buy – and it's true in that regard – but they give you lots of space to begin with and it's not even an issue until you hit high levels and farm shit, which is at least 20-40 hours of play time for a beginner. Tossing $5 their way for that much play time isn't a bad bargain.

Plus as far as their MTX system goes, while the cosmetics are expensive as fuck, GGG thankfully isn't jewmode about having it interct with the game

Also pay for more character slots

The default is 24.
TWENTY FOUR SLOTS. I've had 6 at most. Who the fuck buys more character slots?

If I go in and don't read up on builds and shit beforehand, will I be fucking myself over majorly? I'm thinking I want to run a duelist or a ranger.

How much of that is selling gear?

Probably. If you go in blind though here are some quick facts that will help.

On the skill gem tooltip under the name are descriptors or "tags". (eg AoE, Attack, Melee) These are the keywords for that skill. If you see those keywords on the passive tree you can be reasonably sure it will affect it. For example if we take Molten Strike it has the tags Projectile, Attack, AoE, Melee, Fire. On the passive tree anything with those keywords will scale it. The notable passive Blast Radius for instance increases Area of Effect by 10% and Area Damage by 20%. Since Molten Strike has the AoE tag it can benefit from that passive, however do take note of how the skill works mechanically; there is a melee attack that spawns projectiles and the projectiles explode into area damage. So Blast Radius will only affect the explosion of the projectiles. The tags on a skill will also help you determine which support gems work with it as well, as the support gems have tags on their tooltips.

The game has a lot of fuck you damage. Build defensively. Don't ignore passives that can raise your effective HP as you need to be able to take a hit when push comes to shove. When you start your character, glance over the passive tree from your starting position and make note of where those defensive nodes are. Always keep your resistances capped at 75%. This becomes more important in cruel difficulty and above.

When you start a character, pick a theme and try to stick with it. This will help keep your passive tree more focused. Things like always using a bow and projectile skills will make sure you choose the right damage passives as well as still giving you some flexibility in skill gems as many can be used with that combo. Another example would be 1H physical melee. Once you've gotten comfortable building characters like that it becomes much much easier to make a laser focused build on a new character where you design it around a very specific skill combo or unique.

I could probably think of more but I'll leave it there.

Thanks for the tip on skill tags. What mode should I start on do you think
? Should I try hardcore or the legacy thing?

How the fug do I fix the right side of this tree?
Left side I'm pretty happy with, but right side is batshit retarded since I didn't really know what else to go for other than dodge, while getting healths and frenzy on the way.

www.poeurl.com/8B0

Is there a less retarded way to get to dodge, or should I just ignore it and focus on grabbing more life and shit? Right now I'm a caster, but about to swap to oro's flicker once I hit 67 and can get emberwake.

Only if you hate fun

Just make a regular legacy character

does it have the Aura tag in the tooltip of the gem?

To be fair, you can't rely on tooltips too much. For example Burning Arrow has a hidden "duration" tooltip, meaning that you can give it Less Duration for that more multiplier. And if I remember correctly, it should also have a hidden AoE tooltip.

it's pretty damn reliable
besides, thinking you can scale the radius of an AoE effect with aura nodes is fucking stupid

Who are you quoting, retard?

wew

The wiki entry obviously

he's not though

It still does, especially when you get crazy particle effects on screen.
You can still play well into late-game, though, if you just build around your framerate problems. Make builds that are relatively low on effects, utilizing multistrike (gem that makes attacks repeat an extra 2 times per cast, and they auto-target the next two with most attacks), automated defensive measures (cast when damage taken + molten shell/curse/etc), and life leech so you won't die from being unable to chug a flask due to framerate dropping.

Once you get a good groove going in a proper multistriked and semi-automated skill, it's pretty hard to die unless you get stuck/stunned/frozen in the middle of a pack.
Flicker strike will teleport you around so you'll never be in direct danger for long, skills like ground slam or any directional projectile attack/spell can let you be safe at the edge of a pack until they die, etc.

Other than embed related, there are other things that can help improve performance like predominantly playing ranged builds or avoiding shit like perandus and double beyond modifiers in end-game.

Do you have a potato PC? I never drop from my 160fps fps cap when running at 1440p with 2x msaa and 2x SGSSAA on an overclocked 160hz lightboost monitor, but that's just throwing more hardware at the problem.

Hoh boy wait till you try breaches
Particles out the ass, screen fills completely with enemies to the point where you can't see objects, and also with the fire breaches in particular you get huge particle effects from enemy attacks, and I get 2-3 fps, sometimes with stuttering.

I don't think I've ever had a more satisfying experience than this.

Proliferation as a mechanic, not the gem

Yes.
I know I can't expect to run anything past 2008 with this but the game ran ok when there were few enemies, and by the time I got to more demanding parts I was already hooked.

you could argue that proliferation is an aura mechanically, but that's not the case in PoE

The wiki specifically says proliferation is an effect that applies an aura on hit to monsters. The gem grants this specific effect. There is no argument when it says this plain as day

Does it have the aura keyword? No? Then it's not an aura. It only has the AoE keyword.

Actually a lot of things have hidden keywords.

I hope those temps are not idle nigga because if so your shitty performance might be due to throttling.
You're probably gpu bottlenecked, I recommend running the game in true fullscreen, lowering all graphical settings (but not resolution because that might involve scaling), stopping any and all video playback and closing any webpage with videos in it (most gpus have hardware accelerated decoding but it's also partially done in software), updating AMD drivers (they probably have still regularly updated legacy drivers for the 4000 series), overclocking (i see yours is an aftermarket model from xfx which at the time made the best ati/amd gpus. the 4000 series also reaches 1.4x overclocks easily, you got a born overclocker there).
What year is your memory from? Your athlon has I believe 2MB of cache since amd cpus at the time had 1MB but their multicore cpus still had remains of just being literally joined togheter chips which means they still needed 1 level 2 cache for each core. What i'm getting at is you have very little cache which means memory is easily a very important part of CPU performance. By the timings i'm assuming you have a 1333mhz stick. If it's recent enough it might be from when 1333mhz sticks completely stopped manufacturing and the ones sold as 1333mhz were actually downclocked 1600mhz (or higher) chips that scored poorly during binning. And that means you can possibly safely overclock your memory and earn higher memory bandwidth and lower timings.
I've had similar hardware and I believe you can up the FSB clock of your computer by a good amount (near 10%) without any extra voltage (which means very little power consumption increase and very little heat increase, think 1-3c) and a near 10% accross the board increase in performance including CPU, memory (which means cpu performance might increase by more than 10% since the cpu depends on memory) and GPU (gpu clock depends on the FSB, increasing it also has the secondary effect of overclocking your gpu).

When you say you "play two hours of maps a day" you surely mean you play for two hours, do maps and hold breaks inbetween the maps where you sort shit and hang out in your hideout. If you grind maps non stop for 2 hours with about 2-3 minutes spent clearing each map, you WILL make about 50-200 chaos in that time.

The global channel mods are all radical SJWs, it's fucking annoying. This was not the case just one year ago. I would redpill Global 1 on the Jews for 30 minutes and not get muted. Now I say the world would be a better place without Moslems and I get muted for 48 HOURS. Wasn't even able to do master rotas because of it.

It has always been possible to talk about Jews, fam. The problem isn't in the mods, since they very rarely interfere with global, the problem lies in fags that report people over the smallest of insults or mean words.

?

should have praised kek harder m8

Flask crafting is always a massive alt sink.

I mean i get 2h playtime a night. My map clear time os probably about 10m, and ive never hot past T8 or so

That feel when you get 2k ES from swapping your TB for a real chest

I only intend to use it to get through the rest of Merciless and Cruel fast. Hopefully by then I'd have something good or at least the currency for it.

I have an ex and nothing to spend it on
I could do a marginal upgrade for any one piece it seems.
Also fuck juggling resistance.

yes im mad

Just get like 50% movespeed and sprint through them while spamming flasks. The only times that doesn't work is when you have the floor traps and uber lab.

yeah, i was a bit sleepy at the moment, shouldn't have done lab in that state, was my fault tbh

your pc is oddly similar to mine. your processor is holding you the fuck back, I have an athlon II x4 and it still chugs occasionally, upgrade you fool

i swear to god i removed that fucking flag

You're playing wrong then. Play faster. Making currency in this game is all about efficiency. Farm a lot, and FAST. You have to get a huge farm in a short time, consistently.

Oh claws seems like a nice idea for ST. I always tried 2h.

Does knockback work favorably work it? What about having enhanced knockback distance? Can you hold a monster on the projectile that way? Bleed might be interesting if so

ummmmm
poetards?

HC is lame, and so is Grim Dawn. I tried GD for like 20 hours and it just became too boring to continue. Combat is really slow paced and clunky in comparison to PoE.

Goddamn, this is gonna last me through merc for a sure

dubs confirm

Feels bad

It's a shame Talisman leaguestones don't drop more often. 95% of the time it is Perandus, Breach, Beyond or Prophecy. Tier 1 talismans have been available through divination cards in other leagues already so not being able to get shit like the one that gives 12% maximum life or the one that gives you two implicit mods from other talismans.

It already gives you 20, fam. Just figure out how to get the remaining 15.

so not being able to get it is bullshit*

Thats just your personal luck. I get fucktons of Talisman leaguestones. Out of the over 100 Leaguestones I've had only 2-3 were Breach, those have been rare as hell for me.

I'm in the same boat, but the few Breachstones I got had +2 splinters on it, so it evens out for me.

What is good shadow build? It doesnt even need to be good just get me throught game and farm endgame maps. I really like his voice and jokes he has best voice actor.

Any form of miner/trapper is ezmode. If you're not sure just pick fire traps and build around it. It'll get you to maps at the very least.

Time to roll a zombie character

anything to do with crit is easy to do as an assassin
Shield Charge Cast on Crit
Bladefall poison Totem
Bladevortex
Reave

the new lines recorded for act 4 doesn't sound like the same guy that did all the other VO work for the shadow

Just wait when they redid all lines for everyone in 3.0.
And watch the cacophony of tears erupting in response.

RIP Zana old voice. Her faux-Russian was adorable.

don't say such horrible things user
but I guess they'll do some fucked up thing like that, I mean they changed the whitches "Life is fleeting" line into "life is short, deal with it"

Can someone help i am trying ranger and i dont know what nodes to skill up first and how should i proceed from this skill tree

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rpW-vzFu-N_Kw2NxKI51DB81opbr4d2lwZ29419UUdOKiF2458ZijH6I_Y-zzfUjb_nVEz_I9OGzkp9wzqgn02SvebtP9QjJP1DMY9gbyfBM5u1KjgkizBx_97awY1-wzOaaoTFD6vdqHTtLlO3tloaFr9tbEt4BS3Tb3XLJpU2PTpCeu_qYr6nYeKdqlWFZU1VS2yMpcu9Now2YqxHfonTcFI=

Something this guy didnt explain

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

Poison Bladefall totem/trap Assassin crit build if you want something that can cheese anything with minimal investment and effort

Pls respond

I have a 4670k and a 290 and I drop down below 30 fps at unpredictable intervals.

follow the health nodes then take all the damage increasing nodes close to the health nodes

can you be more specific please

didnt try knockback actually, and i was using 1 claw + shield, single target damage was pretty shit but i could clear packs easily with just a 4l

no I can't, the tree you posted doesn't work and I'm too lazy to fucking paste it into my offline tree planner
it's not hard, just fucking figure it out

I do enjoy the current Shadow, however. He went from edgy to sarcastic, I guess.

How come it doesnt work? It was in the guide

Okat then at least tell me whcih path to go UP or down?

Wew

he's full of himself but I wouldn't call it edgy
I've attached the shadows voice lines to this image
download it and open it with 7zip
all the files starting with 'SH_' are the new ones from the act4 expansion

Hey guys I think my wand occultist is bad

>Died 16 times total to Malachai and friends

By the way this is on cruel

you need to take wanding to the next level then.

Something is weird with cruel malachai. I knew his ele resists were high as fuck, but even with flamability and a 15k~ damage powered up flameblast, I literally couldn't out-damage his healing BEFORE HE EVEN USED ONE OF THE HEALING HEARTS.
I completely destroyed kaom and daresso in one flameblast thanks to ignites, but I couldn't even fucking harm malachai for some reason, just had a friend come in and delete him with a level 80~.

Do I do it?

no, never do those unless you're ssf, you're seriously throwing alchs away, just seal the prophecy and put it up for 2 or 3c.

Malachais fights are phased
you can't skip ahead by dealing a 6 million damages, you have to kill the hearts of the beast

No, I mean I literally couldn't do enough damage to get him to OPEN a heart of the beast. Somehow his resist was so high I was doing fucking nothing with a 15k damage flameblast.

I got a shiversting. Lucky me.
;_;

This probably speaks for how fucked up whatever you're doing is, but, Malachi heals ? I would never have known if you hadn't just said so, what a fuck?

But he doesn't even heal.

I just assumed he had some regen, because I literally didn't see his health bar drop through like 4 minutes flameblasting him.
Maybe I was somehow only hitting him during invuln frames or some shit, I dunno.

No. Unless his bubble shield is up, he's vulnerable. If it is, a heart must be killed. simple as that.

Well, either you're full of shit or reatrded. Pick your poison.

Probably retarded, but the point is I flameblasted the shit out of him and didn't see his health drop.

I wouldn't say retarded. Just a shitty pizzaiolo. He only has 45% fire resistance max, so build yourself better.

yes

That shit is somewhat okay. Vaal the anvils and stone. Just wait for shittier unique. And its better to have them higher item level.

Okay i have found this ranger skill tree which work. Can anyone tell me which path should i go? Up or down? What must i level first in this skill tree?

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeAx4FLQW1BiMILgiJDY0RLxR1Fr8XJhmOGo0fQSF2I9Mj9iSdJP0mlS5TMHEwfDH6Nj031DnUOkI8vj7PQdBDMUQNR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdTu1VLWyZbr11oX3Bh4mHrYlpirGVNbIxvJ3BSdO11y3X9dvd4-XpTeoR673sUfXV-3X8rf_uDbYRvhNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CVBZpqmvGbJpuNnaqgn6Gko4qkwqfUr-u0xbVIt7a74702vea-p7_VwTPC7MSiyPDKqc960K3Tb9N-1CPUQtaK2NXawd2o4dvnVOjW6mLrY-0_7YPuDu96_MX9bv66_sj_3g==

Thanks for help

Not going to evaluate further.

;_;

leave

so cruel >_

Just getting into this game and I don't know what Witch build I should focus on.

I want something regarding Necromancy, is it optimal for the current and later updates?

Summon raging spirits is OP as shit.

So what's the best skill for dual HOWA's?
Spectral throw?

Anyone else doubledipping in chaos damage?

Neat. Where did the other summoned weapons come from, I don't think I saw him casting

Agreed with a YT comment for once. WREKT

Grim Dawn

He doesn't have regen, and I speak as one who got through him as a shitty summoner witch before.

Nowadays I just pop RF on him ezpz.

wew

Wait, why would the Eye even have a relic version? It was never ever changed iirc. And it was only available just the league before.

O kurwa.

lol?

implicit my man

You can trade it against my legacy Anvil if you want.
Those sweet -20% movement speed aren't something you're going to find on a new one.

How's this look as a start for a bladefall cast Shadow?

poeplanner.com/AAYAALcGAABZsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df2Eb9RCtUgmlWHiVUuMNlBCoi4OSBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAVL0V7ZaL1bnr9WSd8h2TJ2wLIvRtGVM12VsbJUuu6QLfihFQNbmnK5f0UlM9X5eVTLOus0GW0PUFQiycVa5Eq4-mghDfsCBuUDDbXtAf7-vjhA3RY0Nd8r6KytO0DOq6DXyhL--I-TfXz0mxe9cPqySLwzoqONDQX2o0CjdmLKaQ1gAAAAAA

varunastra wont double dip anymore when 3.0 releases?

EZ mode necromancer it's Summon Raging Spirits, just check one of the many builds guides in the forums, but you also have classic summoner, or Nulls Inclination (Summoner bow) build, also skelington summoner (it's just need an specific unique and there's a new unique focused on zombies/stacking strength there's actually some variety to summoner just prepare to suffer for specters thanks to GGG shit tier system

I get really bored of those kinds of build really quick, still I'll run one later just to complete some of the most difficult challenges

I ran an Or's flicker last league very fun but very prone to just randomly die to some bullshit good luck with volatiles fiend :^)

We should gather in our own global chat.
do "/global 41889". The number is hitler's birth month. April 4, 1889

I messed up, his birthday is april 20, 1889. April is the 4th month of the year

I have been sitting in channel 1488 for two days now without any form of shitposting or posting in general, I'm pretty disappointed.

Meanwhile someone said "Sieg Heil!" on some random global and random people followed suit.

So close, yet so far

Bump

I thought it stopped bumping after 300, not at 300

On topic

Felt illegal, man

Truly the most satisfying shit ever. I honestly want to just buy a shitload of leaguestones of those three, then get beyond on a map with seawitches, and see how nice a slideshow I can make while I flicker through a billion cunts.

I feel this build is going to do just fine

got a reliquary key, sell (40c) or use?

The fatman does it again

Use it. Whole point of league is them.

Sold it, dude got a 20c unique

Is there a linux alternative to path of building?

As always, new bread