Is this worth watching?

Gabriel Bennett
Gabriel Bennett

Is this worth watching?

Attached: 251f1a5a9f553a216c423309d8eca4e7.jpg (164.31 KB, 1200x630)

Easton Bennett
Easton Bennett

If you care at all about a film ruining the "experience of cinema" through hard nosed and overbearing pushes of propaganda no it isn't worth your watch. The characters are all filler for ideology roles and one-dimensional shit writing and there isn't even a shred of a well woven ideology with the story. It's comically transparent.

If you can get past the fact that it's a propaganda piece terribly disguised as a love story or you are just obtuse than sure its worth a watch. The acting and cinematography are pretty good. Everything else is garbo.

Christian Moore
Christian Moore

no

Juan Gray
Juan Gray

The production design isn't that impressive. The room where they kept The Asset in the facility looked too much like a set. The reflective light on the walls from the water patterns look like they were half the refresh rate of the film's 24hz. There was even one moment where the pattern completely changes from one frame to the next, as if it was a looping video being played back on a projector. Cinematography was not as bad as Annihilation but it wasn't impressive either, it's the color grading that makes it stand out, IMO.

As much as I didn't like the movie, I later came to appreciate Sally Hawkins's acting. Given the limitations she was given to work with, you were able to understand her and it felt completely seamless. She should have won the Oscar.

Mason Thomas
Mason Thomas

looks pretty dumb

Landon Myers
Landon Myers

If you´re into watching an ugly woman fucking the Creature from the Black Lagoon, sure, go ahead.

John Cook
John Cook

holy fuck

Attached: 266px-MJK35110-Sally-Hawkins-(Maudie,-Berlinale-2017)-(cropped).jpg (25.14 KB, 266x365)

Asher Brown
Asher Brown

hard nosed and overbearing pushes of propaganda
Could you elaborate? Just interested since I'm not wasting my time with the spic marxist.

Aaron Hill
Aaron Hill

I rather fuck the creature of the black lagoon than her.

Michael Butler
Michael Butler

same tbh
but would you be top or bottom

Luis Green
Luis Green

but would you be top or bottom
Does the creature of the black lagoon even have a penis? He probably had a anus.

Jack Torres
Jack Torres

Does the creature of the black lagoon even have a penis?
probably

Owen Wright
Owen Wright

Blatant heavy-handed propaganda wrapped in a shitty love story that relies on quasi-bestiality as a gimmick for publicity
Nope. If you want to watch some fat bearded guy's movie about a woman falling in love with a creature, just watch Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Her reason for being emotionally attached to the fish man, which she almost literally spells out, doesn't make sense because the fish would've noticed that this bitch doesn't talk as compared to all the people he's been around all the way back when he was treated as a god by tribal people
The way she put it, she'd be significantly emotionally attached to any animal that can be treated as a pet. Also, with her thinking, she'd fall in love with a gorilla that knows sign language. It'll add to the propaganda because she could've been in a lesbian relationship with Koko.

Woman in her 40s acting like a naive 15-year-old
"Acting"

The movie pretty much shits on anybody who is straight/male/white/conservative/right-leaning/religious even to the point of depicting any semblance of traditional family values as being a bad thing.

Main "good guys" are: mute sexually frustrated middle-aged woman, gay old man, fat soulful black woman, and a literal Russian communist spy. The bad guys aren't just straight/male/white/conservative/right-leaning/religious/traditional/patriarchal, they also have to be written as terrible people (rape-y, racist, homophobic, lazy, incompetent, etc). The main antagonist is even shown to have what can be described as a "perfect" happy family with his loving wife and happy kids in a bright and colorful home with a nice car.

There was a scene where the gay old guy makes a move on a significantly younger man he has a crush on who works at a diner only to find out that the latter is not gay. The second after he rejects him, he's depicted as being terribly racist towards a respectable-looking black couple looking to order some food. He finishes the exchange telling all of them to leave saying that "this is a family restaurant".

If any of you are still thinking about watching it, take note of the movie's use of red/green to symbolize progressivism/conservatism. It also focuses on watches a bit, which is likely for something that goes along the lines of "it's only a matter of time [before everything is extremely progressive]".

Joseph Ward
Joseph Ward

But fish are not built for penetrating sex.

Adrian Lewis
Adrian Lewis

This sounds American Horror Story tier.

Parker Edwards
Parker Edwards

The second after he rejects him, he's depicted as being terribly racist towards a respectable-looking black couple looking to order some food.
Kek.
Reminds me of some chinese communist brainwashing propaganda I read the other day.
Exactly the same layout of the story, albeit with the typical capitalist bad guy.

Attached: 1466093041715.jpg (802.73 KB, 5000x5000)

Nathan Reyes
Nathan Reyes

Reddit spacing from a reddit/pol/ normalfag whining about women and "muh white race"? Gee I'm fucking shocked. Kill yourself, pedo.

Benjamin Davis
Benjamin Davis

Please don't browse Holla Forums during your lunch break Zach.

Caleb Brown
Caleb Brown

aquatic mammal

Jackson Gonzalez
Jackson Gonzalez

That's not reddit spacing, retarded shitskin.

Xavier Russell
Xavier Russell

Don't you have a bull to prep, soygoon?

Austin Moore
Austin Moore

typical capitalist bad guy.
so, just like real life?
is yer complaint that it was too realistic?

Mason Adams
Mason Adams

Projecting this much
Do you regret inviting Jamal to fuck your wife, goon?

Jose Lewis
Jose Lewis

so, just like real life?
it's everybody's else's fault and problem my life sucks.
except me of course
Your mind on leftypol.

Attached: communism-in-a-nutshell.webm (2.39 MB, 480x360)

Owen Rogers
Owen Rogers

so…the ussr anthem is like the intro of law and order. good to know.

Dominic Phillips
Dominic Phillips

No, it's starving commies singing the state's lines to get food. All the while not knowing what they're singing.

Zachary Torres
Zachary Torres

n-no u
Heh, fucking wrecked.

cuckitalism is good
gommunism killed 100 zillion people
Jesus, we can smell the reddit.

Jaxson Morgan
Jaxson Morgan

that cognitive dissonance

Attached: 886.png (184.1 KB, 501x590)

Jonathan Johnson
Jonathan Johnson

Why is capitalism bad? Go be a fucking Nazi somewhere else.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit