Animations Thread

Is there other games that has smooth and fluid animations?

2B has made me addicted to ass.

9S made me a faggot

Mass Effect Andromeda.

Of course. Conker's Bad Fur Day has plenty of that, all the detail put into him noticing butterflies, having his tail behave as it should, the 15 or so idle animations and so on. Symphony of the Night is another good example, and not just for Alucard. So is most Vanillaware stuff.

Hip wiggle in games is the best.

What the fuck

>That quality aninamtion

All of the MvM bots have headshot/backstab animations like their normal counterparts, but modified to better suit their robotic movement

Fuck me.

Mad Max.

And another gameplay.

2nd webm is not bad and 3rd is really nice but I think the best animations are transitions between 2 animation like when making an attack and then moving, or moving forward then backward, do you have any webms of how to make those smoth and fluid? Or, well, any videos about smooth and nice animations and how they are made?

Ratchet & Clank 2016 has some of the best animations I've seen in a game.

NEVER FORGET

they basically all use the same mo-cap with frame fillers at this point. as much as I hate these games along with everyone else. movie games like last of us is chock full of fluid mo-cap animations.
I remember when some dark souls fan-boy got it into his head that all of the souls animations were done meticulously by hand only for everyone in the thread to crush his mind and redpill him.

The new trash effect game is evidence that "just mocap it" isn't enough, you have to actually tweak the raw data

Please post more QUALITY, this is amazing

For what it's worth, asscreed had nice animations and locomotion in general

A classic

Bethesda is the gift that keeps on giving

Battlefield 3.
the game got everything save for the artstyle (FUCKING BLUE FILTER) and gameplay perfectly, I don't know how DICE fucked up so much. It could've been the best game to come out in recent history but it's bottom of the barrel garbage.

This is why you don't use unedited mocap. Always touch up the animations.

Holy crap, that looks disgusting. I can see why tweening isn't a good idea, now.

I played fallout 4 for about 2 hours (it was a friends copy on his xbox).
The whole "skyrim with guns" thing became way to fucking real and I haven't even thought about pirating that trash even for mods.

1.0 was fucking dreadful to play though

The icing on the cake

Remind why people on 8/v/ unironically/ironically bought this again?

I pirated it and still regret it.

Not only that, but they actually defend survival mode blocking console commands and saving, which are the only things that can keep it marginally playable when shit like this happens.

Good, you buy shit, you get shat on and deserve it.

Coming from me who hates RPG games, Fallout 4 is a legitimately fun game despite the bugs.

I played with the explosive minigun. Like everything that's ridiculously overpowered, it's fun for a little while then become boring because it's overpowered.

Yup, sounds about right you fucking knuckle dragger.

The rest of the gunplay is fun as well imo, but I personally have no problem with being overpowered.

3d beat em ups are trash and always have been.

Same

wew, does anyone have the other version of this from a previous fallout game? He punches his partner.

Thanks user. These don't get old

It's not really much of a video game but i'll be damned if I didn't have some of the most fun in my life with the cutscenes and QTE's in Asura's Wrath

Cyberconnect 2 in general. I guess, the animations and especially super attacks in the Naruto games look just as good.

Even as a kid I knew that shit was way too gay.

check em

i can honestly say in my entire life i have never actually genuinely regretted pirating a game before fallout 4. i've felt bad about it (STALKER), and i've thought "well that was a waste of time", but i've never actually been mad that I wasted time, bandwidth, hard drive space and precious cycles on my hard drive for that piece of garbage

They can't keep getting away with this

Immediately reminded me of this.

Didn't SqEnix say they were going to put something even worse than Denuvo into Automata before they released it on PC?

Absolutely feel the same way. Got to the Deathclaw fight and gave up. I don't think I've played a game, pirated or not, that ever made me feel so empty.

Not to mention that he even turns into the harem.

There's literally nothing special about these animations. Once again Holla Forums gets jelly legs and crumbles in front of an ass.

It's really hard to make a game that is worse than sitting on a corner staring at the wall because by definition on a game you're at least doing something with your mind and that alone makes them not boring.
Todd howard somehow managed it, though.

Yeah, I think they were bluffing though. NISA is too busy fucking up Persona 5 to work on Nier.

What? Atlus does their own localizations. Unless maybe you're in Europe, but then why the fuck are you still in Europe?

Based on these three videos, any other 3D action/Adventure game in the last 10 years would qualify as "quality".

-t. western game dev

Mocap or not, 2B easily has the best high heels walking animation I've ever seen in a video game.

This is all I have

what's with all the fucking cuts? who the fuck makes this and legitimately thinks it's a professional product?

The path finding is absolutely atrocious, if you build roofs for your settlements the AI will walk into walls trying to reach it thinking it's a floor and when your not looking teleport to them then get stuck.

That's some 4th dimension shit he's pulling off there.

There's a reason EA is officially killing them after the new ME

The irony is I had a blast in 1.X, but I quit playing a few months after 2.0.

It's okay because it's Star Wars.

Elite Dangerous generally has top tier animations and details. But you can really tell when they had to rush to finish something because of it.
Fuck I hope Frontier dev get's their shit together and fixes some of the games odd model laziness.

Feels bad man.

And you'll never see them right in the game because of all the fucking particle effects, dollars popping out of the robots and the sheer number of them
I hate MvM because whoever made the robot models spent twenty times the effort Volvo ever did in making the shitty mode, plus somehow the ugly-ass Zombie skins are available but still no playable Robots.

What this proves is that they are using the same bones for both human and digitigrade humanoids and just make it animate differently. So they accidentally assigned the wrong walking animation to a human and QA completely failed to spot it. Quality: Ass ensured for the PR demo.

It's not just lazy from the animation department, it's a failure from almost the whole company.

It looks like they used The Movies for their cutscenes.

Wow, where'd his neck go?

You're a faggot user, holy shit

Tekken's always had gud animation most of the time.

Why isn't there 9S posted here? Gimme.

same

Fucking hell.

Take that fucking head waggle at the end and just put the revolver ocelot Mrowr over it, please and thank you.

I wouldn't even know where to begin to even start to animate that shit.

IT JUST WORK!

This is why modern games are so shit. Employing people who spend more time on "MUH DIVERSITY" instead of making the fucking games.

WHAT is that nigger on the left supposed to be doing?

This is flatout racism.

I'm generally intensely satisfied with platinum's animations.

They don't want white men to breed.

i want this fucking animation to THIS BR's laughter

Can't find any good gifs of it in motion, but Another World/Out of this World's graphics are all rotoscoped, leading to some of the smoothest animations I've ever seen.

couple of classics

got you covered

The original Prince of Persia and the sequel were too. still looks pretty nice.

Agreed, was amazing.

Dreadout, specifically this scene. It's ironic, the possessed Ira moves more like a real human bean than the regular one. This is the scene that particularly sold me. Which is ironic, because every other human animation looks like a weird Dreamcast tier cluster fuck