If you had to pick one game/series as your favorite game of all time, what would it be? Pic related for me...

If you had to pick one game/series as your favorite game of all time, what would it be? Pic related for me. I've been playing Starcrap since it was released. I even paid extra for the pre-release

I hate everyone else who likes this series.

Even me?

I lost my adolescence to this game, and I'll hop on every now and again still.

That depends, are you a former/active user of starmen.net?

For me that would be dungeon keeper 1. Played it when I was little, still playing it now.

Nope

Great soundtrack and gameplay. The world just looked so cool and the story was badass.

Kane Lives Even In Death!

We are good then.

Warcraft 3, if only because of the big way it influenced my teenage years in writing flawed characters and interwoven stories, and all the fucking custom games.
I still make custom games and play some to this day.

Army Men, even though it along with Might and Magic were the Call of Duty annual shit back then, and they'd rather spend more money on the CGI cutscenes and Hollywood voice talent than focusing on the quality of the game, all of the games had a unique genre to it, if only the devs spent more time, but the that idiot Trip Hawkins was still shaking from the 3DO console, and had to make a shit ton of games to sell to keep afloat.

I would too OP, except it brings back too many bittersweet memories. Especially with what happened afterwards with Starcraft 2. It's a testament that your innocent years are truly the highlight of your life.

After everything, I was very happy with the way they ended it. Bittersweet memories of what? The infant days of Battle.net?

Mmm, those sure are some classic, iconic titles

what's wrong with it? A quick look at it and it just seems like a regular fansite

i worship starcraft 1 since i was 8… before starcraft i loved red alert.. i played it on psx since i didnt have PC.. I know how good was red alert so now i am downloading tiberian sun.

Of course AOE2 is the superior game, I won't even dispute that (especially the scenario editor, AOE1's is laughable in comparison).

But AOE's simpler mechanics appeal to me in some way, also the unofficial HD patch revitalized the game to some degree. Ancient setting is more interesting than medieval times and the graphics feel comfy.

RoR seriously needs a proper HD re-release.

Battlezone
If not for the gameplay (which I did like), then for the fact that it was the first strategy game and game in general that I played.

Every thread.

Castlevania

Wew. Indidnt even read the thread before posting. God tier taste friend.

While starcraft is the go to skill RTS or gookclick, its lore is shallow as fuck.

I couldn't agree more. With SC out of the picture, I'd have to say Megaman.

How could you be happy with the sudden advent of "eldritch horror ex machina", only for it to be defeated by the power friendship? Have you tried playing the campaigns back to back? The tonal whiplash should put you in the ER.

It had it's flaws, but no game has ever given me the feels that SC has.

Go to their forums and see the autism for yourself first-hand

I wish there were more games that were inspired by classical antiquity, or by even older cultures like babylon and persia. And I don't mean just mythology, I mean stuff like their societies and militaries.