Could Platinum ever make a Drakengard game? Think about it?

Could Platinum ever make a Drakengard game? Think about it?
>The main man himself with Plat was making scalebound which is pretty much Drakengard but with decent looking gameplay before it got cancelled

If their A team couldn't even finish Scalebound, why should we trust them with a Drakengard game?

It might be the first good Drakengard game

Could Platinum EVER make a decent game?

No, their games are either amazing or trash.
Never "decent".

Neir: Automata, shitposter-kun

Don't be too hard on Platinum, they've spared us from bad games like Scalebound so they're not completely terrible.

Kamiya would fit right in on Holla Forums.

Ideal game would be Taro directing a game developed by the fine lads who're behind the Ace Combat series.
Imagine the dragon sections actually feeling like a damn fighter-jet.

Having dragons in a fantasy universe is admitting creative defeat.

Dragons are probably the least offending generic fantasy trope
Stop letting skyrim color your impressions of all future games, it's no better than when casuals assume every new open world game is ripping it off

Nope.

At their best, they're giving us Infinite Space , Bayonetta and MGR.

At their worst, they're giving us Bayonetta 2, Mutants in Manhattan and Legend of Korra.

To me, personally, the only thing Vanquish did right was destroying Cali with a high precision laser beam. Also, the plot and character designs. Fucking shoot me. Who thought having a guy who looked like a GPO2 cosplayer turn traitor was cute?

You are a simpleton and you need to leave this board

Drakengard is horrible garbage, why would anyone want that?

What are you talking about user? This is one of the best final bosses ever.

Why is "horrible garbage" according to you? That's a bit harsh don't you think?

That wasn't Platinum, that was Nude Maker (the guys who made Steel Battalion for Xbox and NightCry/Clocktower) who Platinum sub-contracted.

I.Hear.A.Sound….

Reminder that there's a significant chunk of people who think this isn't the case for Korra, Transformers and TMNT.

It would be… exquisite

What exactly's wrong with Bayonetta 2? The first game feels unplayable to me thanks to its godawful framerate after playing the much smoother second so much.

It's pretty good garbage, actually.

just hope that it comes on PC as well

What do people think about the musou gameplay? I think big battlefields and jumping seamlessly onto a dragon to burn people was sorta the good aspects of Drakengard's gameplay.

March 17th

DoD/D 4 that is.

Oh I'm sure it would in the case of a new Drakengard.

Why does everyone want Platinum to do their action games? Don't you get sick of dial-a-combo into long cinematic QTE finishers? Why does no one ever say 'I wish Itsuno would do an (x) game'?
If Platinum re-did drakengard the aerial segments would all be on rails button mashing shooters and 90% of the time spent on the ground would be 'PRESS X TO MAKE CAIM KILL EVERYONE' with gratuitous shots of Caim making that one face he does in dod2 until you're absolutely sick to death of it.

All that needs to be done is make the on-ground combat a bit more interesting and it would be a good game, if they could manage to blend the aerial segments with the on-ground segments like was being considered early on in development it would be an amazing game, although that would be more than a bit of stretch even ignoring tech limitations. Of course, I would like to say that an element of strategy in the musou aspects would make it even better but as history has shown strategy in any musou game is some kind of physical impossibility.

Kingdom Under Fire Heroes/Crusaders for Xbox had light musous combat and was a strategy game. You could switch to tacticals view any time. It's sad that no game to date has copied this great mechanic yet.

I think he meant strategy as in thinking a bit more on larger scale, making decisions that matter to your success as opposed to just mashing buttons.

I wonder what makes slaughtermaps fun for doomers. They are strategic, but also kinda tedious and require trial and erroring.

Wrong. They're in the same multiverse.

Because Itsuno fans mostly want him to make more DMC or Dragon's Dogma.

Why would Platinum waste their time on that shit?

Because it's a wonderfully fucked up universe begging for better devs. NIER got super-lucky, somehow getting a decent game under Cavia, and scoring Platinum Games for Automata. Drakengard got a memorable but repetitive original game, followed by a bastard child and a budget game.

Also Itsuno is owned by the publishing Jew

So what Bethesda does?

theres nothing special about the nierdrakengaurd world though

I mean, it's not like Microsoft doesn't have a proven history of doing that, it's the whole reason the Halo movie never got off the ground.

I know, right? It's a miracle they turned out as good as they did.

It's hard enough to make a good strategy game on its own, let alone one where you're playing an action game on the ground at the same time.

Reminds me of the odd idea I had for a multiplayer game along those lines where one player controls the units on a strategy scale, others control the heroes messing shit up on the ground.

If Automata works out for them sales-wise then you can bet there'll be another collaboration in the future. Drakengard would be the obvious choice.

Nothing, user doesn't have a Wii U. neither do i though

We barely saw any of its gameplay and what little we saw looked terribly boring. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why it got canceled was because it was below their standards and they had to dumb down too much for them to want to bother with the game at all.

It'd make sense. With Nier Automata coming to the West soon, a Drakengard 4 announcement (or any Drakengard related title) coming hot off the heels of a pretty damn good game would make for some good chances to sweep pre-order sales and drum up hype.

Hopefully they keep Platinum on as the devs in this case.

Did you play the shitty PS3 version or something? Or was the Wii U port somehow worse than the 360 one? You sound like a fucking casual to me either way.

only further cementing the fact that Angelus is best girl

Here's a video comparing Bayo 1's Wii U port and the X360 version.

Bump

There's no source for this on the wiki, but I believe it anyway.

Honestly, I think Platinum's general style of gameplay would clash with the general feeling Drakengard tries to go for. It works for Nier, but Nier isn't Drakengard.

Yeah looking at the game chug while you do pretty much nothing while the dragon did all the work sure looked fun.

It's also worth pointing out that the Wii-U version actually has the gameplay tied to the framerate so when it drops it slows down fucking timing up like a bitch.

our guy

With Nier success, Final Fantasy won't be a juggernaut SE title anymore with how shitty FFXV was I do like how SE keep adding new content for it though like an MMO but the combat still dogshit. So Having a new Drakengard is still possible.

Was Drakengard shit?

Yes but the story was crazy.

The question is if a new Drakengard were made, where would it be put?

No. The gameplay was really shallow, but it was there. It has about same depth as God of War or Lords of Shadow. However the atmosphere was really great. The dragon mechanic was simple and clumsy but cool. The game just relied a bit too heavily on grinding to get the full story. Also, the chronology was a bit hard to track once the alternate paths started unlocking.

Crazy shit.